• Published 21st May 2023
  • 340 Views, 28 Comments

Equestria Girls: An Amazonian Adventure - Time Agent pony



What starts out as a work holiday of combat training for Twilight and her friends turns into a battle to save Themyscira from being conquered by evil forces

  • ...
 28
 340

Chapter 8

Meanwhile, back with Circe.

"Something's wrong," Circe said, "I feel it, Fimbulwinter has stopped."

She turned to Loki, "you've been awfully quiet," she stated, "surly, you have sensed the disruption too?"

"I'm sure it's nothing," Loki replied, starting to visibly sweat, "maybe it will sort itself out and..."

"You're very strange today," Circe commented.

Loki was about to answer, when Twilight and others all burst through the throne room doors.

"Circe!" Wonder Woman declared, pointing her sword directly at the witch, "your time is over!"

"What?!" Circe exclaimed, "Still alive? But how?!"

Then she noticed Loki standing with the heroes, then she turned to face the Loki standing alongside her.

"Well," other Loki said, "this is awkward."

In a puff of green smoke, the other Loki vanished.

Circe turned to face the real Loki, a look of ungodly anger on her face.

"Treachery!" she shrieked, "you dare plot against me?!"

"You're one to talk," Loki retorted, "you were planing on be betraying me!"

"Well, I should have known better," Circe said, "after all, you should never trust a trickster."

"Enough!" Wonder Woman interrupted, "you are going back where you belong, Circe!"

"Never!" Circe roared, she fired a blast of magical energy at the Amazon.

Wonder Woman, using her bracelets, blocked the blast and retaliated.

Circe noticed the armour Wonder Woman, Donna Troy and Wonder Girl wore.

"The armour of Asteria?" she said, "you really think some crusty relic can give you the power to defeat me?"

"No," Wonder Woman replied, "I have something better than any armour or weapon."

"And what is that?" Circe asked, as she fired off more mystical blasts.

"The Power of Friendship," Twilight cried, as she and the rest of the Champions and Amazons joined in the battle.

Circe cackled, someone as powerful as her viewed friendship as something beneath her.

"You really think," she laughed, "you really think, that you can defeat me with friendship?"

"I know we can," Rainbow Dash retorted, "but also it doesn't hurt that, we have the god of mischief on our side."

"Indeed," Loki nodded, "and I'm going to show you some real magic tricks, witch."

"In that case," Circe remarked, "allow me to add some more players to the board."

Circe, using her magic, opened up a portal and from it emerged a Tarandos, a Ceraste and a Crocotta.

"Finish them, my pets," Circe commanded.

The creatures obeyed and charged at the heroes.

Wonder Woman, Twilight, her friends and their allies all battled the mythical creatures.

The Tarandos was tricky, because it could camouflage itself to blend in with its environment.

Luckily, Spider-Girl was able to fight the beast very effectively, using her Spider-sense.

She waited for the creature to attack her and then counterattacked.

The Ceraste was fairly easy to deal with, Rainbow Dash held her own against the creature.

She used her speed to make the creature focus on her, tricking it into ramming into a wall.

After a few more repeats of the same thing, the Creaste finally knocked itself out.

Lastly, the final creature, the Crocotta, which the Champions took out using their new found combat experience.

Wonder Woman was impressed with how far the heroes had come since coming to the island.

Kate Bishop tried to delay the creature with some explosive arrows, but the creature simply shrugged off the attack.

Fortunately, Stinger was able to hit the creature with one of her Pym dishes, shrinking it down and making it more manageable.

Once the creatures had been dealt with, the heroes all regrouped for their final battle with Circe.

"It's over," Wonder Woman proclaimed, "stop hiding behind your pets, you coward!"

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash added, "quit slithering around and fight fairly, you snake."

"A snake, huh?" Circe smiled, "let me show you just how snake-like I can be."

Circe cackled as her body was enveloped in purple pink light, Twilight and the others shielded their eyes from the bright light.

Once the light had cleared, Circe's new form was revealed, she had transformed into a giant Naga, a creature with the bottom half a snake, the top half of a human with a second pair of arms.

"How'ssss thisss?" Circe smirked, as she conjured some swords, one in each of her four arms.

"You just had to call her a snake," Sunset said, as Circe towered over them.

"Hey," Rainbow Dash replied, "I didn't think she would take it literally."

"Focus everyone," Twilight said, "here she comes."

Twilight, her friends and their allies all assumed battle stances.

"Sso be it," Circe hissed, "then come and facesss your end."

With that, the heroes charged at the giant snake sorceress.

Wonder Woman, Donna Troy and Wonder Girl all tried to attack together but Circe swotted them away as if they were flies.

Twilight, the rest of the Champions, her friends and Loki attacked from multiple positions, making it so that Circe couldn't consecrate.

"Don't let up!" Sunset called, "sooner or later we're going to wear her down."

"Foolsss," Circe whispered, "no mortal or Amazon may harm me unless I wish it."

It was then that Circe was hit by a blast of green magic from Loki, "What about an Asgardian?" he declared.

Circe glared down at him, "You are beneath me," she snarled, "onccce my conquessst of midgard isss complete, Assgard will be nexxxxt."

"My father and brother will stop you," Loki retorted, "or failing that, I will stop you."

Circe laughed, the mere idea of, what she saw, as a lower god trying to defeat her was simply laughable.

"You?" she said, "you were merely a means to an end, nothing more."

"Underestimate me," Loki replied, "and you will live to regret it."

"Ooo," Circe cooed, "I'm ssso ssscared."

Loki fired off a couple more blasts of magic, which Circe dodged, after which she grabbed Loki bringing him closer to her face.

"Sssso you have chosen death," she smirked, "ssso be it, like your sssister before you, you will fall."

Circe showed Loki the frozen figure of Angela.

"How dare you!" Loki shouted.

He tried to attack Circe, but like before she swatted him away.

Loki was saved from hitting the ground, by Spider-Girl with her webbing.

"Restrain her," he cried, "I've got an idea on how to take her down."

"Roger," Twilight and the others all replied.

She and rest of her team once again, charged at Circe with Wonder Woman and her allies running interference.

After a while, Circe looked like she was growing tired.

"Now!" Loki shouted.

Twilight nodded, she and the rest of the girls, using their lantern rings to restrain Circe, now that she had been weakened.

Wonder Woman and her allies also doing their part to restrain Circe.

Circe struggled against her restraints, but due to her weakened state her efforts were futile.

"Whatever you're going to do," Valkyrie said, "do it now!"

Loki nodded, before Circe could react, he grabbed into Circe's head, her eye's glowed green and then glazed over, shortly after Circe slumped over and reverted back to her regular form.

"What did you do?" Twilight asked, as she and the others all gathered around the defeated witch.

"I enchanted her," Loki explained.

"Yeah..." Rainbow Dash said, "could you put that in terms those of us who don't understand magic."

"Yes, I'd like to know that too," Twilight added, Midnight nodding in agreement, "for research purposes."

"Well," Loki explained, "for enchantment to work, I have to make physical contact and then grab hold of their mind."

"How's that work?" Applejack asked.

"Depends on the mind," Loki replied, "most are easy and I can overtake them instantly, others the stronger ones it gets tricky."

"Tricky?" Thunder repeated.

"I'm in control," Loki continued, "but they're there too, in order to preserve the connection I have create a fantasy from their memories."

"So, basically," Sunset said, "you put her in a hyper dream state."

"Correct," Loki nodded, "you seem to be quite familiar with this kind of magic."

"Lets just say," Sunset answered, "that I've studied magic similar to that once."

"Well," Rarity said, "what happens now?"

"Now that Circe is down," Wonder Woman replied, "all her magic should start reseeding."

As if in answer, the members of Champions reverted back from their animal forms to their human forms.

"Finally," Thunder said, "all that fur was getting really hot."

"And those Kangaroo legs," Ms. Marvel agreed, "it was getting really hard to walk properly."

"Wait," Fluttershy interjected, "if Circe's magic is reseeding and the island is still in the air doesn't that mean...."

Suddenly, the ground began to shake.

"The island is falling!" Kate Bishop shouted.

"Quickly!" Wonder Woman shouted, "we must act fast!"

"What about us?" Thunder asked, "some of us can't fly or have super strength."

"Then do what you can," Donna Troy replied, "the rest of us will try and slow the island's decent."

With that, Wonder Woman, Donna Troy and Wonder Girl and most of the girls, headed out of the throne room and took to the sky, every second the ocean got closer as the island got closer to the ground.

"Alright, everyone," Twilight said, "we have to slow the island's decent in anyway we can."

The girls nodded, using their lantern rings, they created small rockets that they stationed at the corners of Themyscira.

Once they were set up, they activated them, meanwhile Wonder Woman, Donna and Wonder Girl were doing their part in slowing the island decent, using every ounce of their strength.

"It's no good, Twi!" Applejack shouted, "it's going too fast!"

"We have to try!" Twilight called, "even if we have sacrifice our lives!"

"Right!" Sunset nodded, "because that is what it means to be a hero, right?!"

The others all agreed, they pushed even harder but the island still continued to plummet.

"I think this is it, y'all!" Applejack proclaimed, as the ocean came rushing towards them.

But instead of hitting the water, the island slowed to a stop and gently lowered itself back into its original spot.

"Did we do that?" Midnight asked.

"Not quite," Twilight replied, "look."

They all look up and saw Superman along with heroes, Blue Marvel, Sentry and Martian Manhunter.

"It seems my distress call was answered," Wonder Woman said.

After the island was secured, Twilight and the others met with their other friends on the ground.

"What about Circe?" Twilight asked, "what will happen to her?"

"Oh, don't worry," Wonder Woman replied, "Loki gave me a few ideas."


Later.

Circe jerked awake from her enchantment.

She looked around, realising where she was, the Isle of Silence.

She tried to scream, to curse Queen Hippolyta and her daughter to the depths of Tartarus.

But no sound came from her mouth, due the nature of the Isle of Silence, no sound could exist.

All Circe could do was scream in silent anger.