• Published 21st May 2023
  • 341 Views, 28 Comments

Equestria Girls: An Amazonian Adventure - Time Agent pony



What starts out as a work holiday of combat training for Twilight and her friends turns into a battle to save Themyscira from being conquered by evil forces

  • ...
 28
 341

Chapter 3

The next morning.

Twilight, her friends and the others all woke up, got dressed in their Stola, Rarity particularly like the chance to wear authentic Roman clothing.

Once they had all dressed themselves, they all headed for the dining hall.

Along with herself, her friends and teammates, Twilight's group were joined by some local Amazons who were also in training they were: Yara Flor, Nubia, Mala and Artemis.

After they had all eaten they were all taken to the assembly hall, where they were introduced to their instructors, Princess Diana a.k.a. Wonder Woman and Aldrif Odinsdottir a.k.a. Angela.

Angela was a seasoned warrior, the sister of Thor Odinson, on-again-off-again ally of the heroes Spawn and Nightwatch, and part time member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, she had been raised by the Angels of the tenth realm, Heven.

Once they were all assembled Wonder Woman spoke.

"Sisters, friends, Angela" she declared, "I hope you are ready as the training you are all about to undertake is not for those who are not possessed of strong will and resolve."

"Heed Princess Diana's words," Angela said, "this is your last chance to turn back, for once the training starts we cannot promise that you will be the same people you were when you finish, do you understand?"

For a second, everyone exchanged glances. Were they ready for what was about to happen? Did they have the will to over come the trials that lay ahead?

Then they remembered all hurdles they had overcome already: Parallax, Kang the Conquer, Starro and Cosmos. They had proved they were ready for even the hardest challenges.

"We are ready!" everyone collectively yelled, in answer to Angela's question.

"Very well," Angela smiled, "let us begin."

The training began slowly, starting with basic warmups, then moving to more intense exercises as the day went on.

Some like Fluttershy and Twilight, struggled at first but over time started to find their groove.

Others like Rainbow Dash and Applejack, were quick to find their rhythm and started to get competitive with each other.

"Do you think we get lunch breaks or cool down time?" Ms. Marvel asked.

"Do you think your enemy will let you take a lunch break?" Angela asked, "your enemy will never tire, your enemy will never show mercy, your enemy will never stop until you and everyone you care about is destroyed."

Angela continued to watch as the training carried on in front of her, Wonder Woman looked on with concern in her eyes.

The training went on for what seemed like an eternity but, finally at sunset, Angela called for everyone to stop and take a rest and get something to eat.

As everyone left, Wonder Woman pulled Angela aside, "I feel that your training methods are a little extreme," she said, "you must remember these are mortals, they are not built the same as you and me, if you push them too much, then they'll break."

"If they break," Angela replied, "then they are not worthy of the powers they wield."

Wonder Woman sighed, "all that talk of worthiness," she retorted, "you sound just like your brother, Thor, but you lack his most important aspect."

"And what would that be?" Angela asked.

"You lack his compassion and empathy," Wonder Woman answered, "maybe you should spent some time among mortals, experiencing all that they have to offer, their accomplishments and their advancements."

"How naive," Angela retorted, "you have spent so much time with these mortals that it has blinded you to one single fact."

"And that is?" Wonder Woman inquired.

"That as much as these mortals have advanced," Angela stated, "they are still the same barbarians that their ancestors were."

Wonder Woman began to walk away heading towards the dining hall, she turned to face Angela.

"Mortals may still have the capacity for war," she said, "but they equally have the capacity for peace."

"I beg to differ," Angela retorted, "look at the last few years, the wars and extreme loss of life, mortals are animals then, they're animals now."

"Perhaps the same could be said for Amazons and Asgardians," Wonder Woman replied, "for a time we both know only war, but over time we learned the ways of peace."

"You may be right," Angela responded, "but if these mortals wish to protect this world, they must be ready for anything, my methods are simply pushing them to reach their full potential."

Wonder Woman nodded, Angela seemed to understand her point of view and she, in turn, understood Angela's point of view.

With that, she continued towards the dining hall, leaving Angela alone.

As Wonder Woman approached the dining hall entrance, she could hear the voices of Twilight and the others.

She was surprised by what she heard, thinking that their guests would be exhausted, tired and wanting to quit.

But instead, the voices were fulled with enthusiasm and energy.

"That was amazing," Rainbow Dash said, "I feel alive, I can't remember the last time I've felt like this."

"I do have to admit," Ms. Marvel smiled, "it was hard at first, but once you get into the swing of things it's really fun."

"Yeah," Thunder nodded, "a few hours ago I was barely holding on, but now, I feel like I can take on the world."

"I hear that," Applejack agreed, "I feel strong, I feel like I could pick all the apple trees clear, back home."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that," Wonder Woman said, as she entered the room, "I was worried that Angela's methods were a little extreme for you to handle, I see I was mistaken."

"You're not entirely wrong," Twilight responded, "they were, at first, but how are we supposed to grow as heroes and as a team, if we don't push ourselves and our powers to the limit."

"That is very admirable," Wonder Woman replied, "but it is important to know where one's limits lie and it is important to not to push your limits too far."

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash nodded, "some limits are made to be broken, but not all limits should be broken."

"You speak wisdom," said a voice.

Angela, who had been listening in on the conversation, suddenly entered the room.

"Your words are true," she continued, "but how can one truly know where their limits are, if they do not push themselves to the absolute limit?"

"Because," Rainbow Dash replied, "if we didn't have a limit to our powers, we'd be gods."

At the moment, Wonder Woman interrupted the conversation before it could go any further.

"How about we agree that we made progress to today," she said, "and that it is important to know one's limits and push some but not all limits?"

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash answered, "I can agree with that."

"Indeed," Angela nodded, "after all, this world already has enough gods and monsters, we don't need anymore."


Elsewhere.

The witch Circe watched, through her scrying pool, as Wonder Woman and everyone else enjoyed their evening with much merriment.

"Well, don't celebrate too soon, Princess Diana," she grinned, "soon you shall feel my wraith."

She cackled with laughter, "and this time will be different," she continued, "because I'm not alone."

From out of the shadows stepped, Loki, Thor and Angela's adopted brother.