• Published 30th Apr 2023
  • 1,014 Views, 7 Comments

Magic Vs. Machinery - Exotic Butter

  • ...
2
 7
 1,014

lll.~Cylindrical object

Rainbow Dash. Ever since she was a foal, she wanted to be a member of the Wonderbolt squadron, the best pegasi squad in Equestria! I'd have many words to describe them, but I'll use the word Rainbow used non-stop; Amazing!

But I have to admit that it took a few years for her to be accepted at the base, which was only a few kilometers from Ponyville. But she did it.

Compared to her friends, she can find time for fun or family. She may be the Co-Captain, but still, if she can plan her week... Eh, that's not important.

Just; Rainbow is Rainbow. And as always, when all the recruits are in barracks, she prefers to fly wherever her wings would take her. Like today; she was sailing over the EverFree Forest. Through a forest that used to be the most dangerous place closest to civilization. Today, of course, that is a thing of the past.

The Light blue pegasus was just flying over the forest, humming some jingle that had been stuck in her head since yesterday, and watching the sun set behind the high horizon.

Although she liked today's Equestria, she slowly began to miss the years when she saved the world alongside her best friends. THOSE were golden times.

Just as she was about to fly home, the sky lit up for a split second! The pegasus stopped and looked up at the sky.

Just then she heard a sound she knew very well. The sound of air slowing down something fast. Rainbow turned around and saw something she had never seen before.

Something big flew through the orange sky. It looked like a cylinder. The surface even shone at a certain angle. The front part was red hot, leaving a trail of light behind the object.

“What the-?!”

The object flew past the pegasus like an arrow shot. After a few moments, there was a huge bang that created a shock wave that threw Rainbow a few meters away.

Rainbow had to angle her wings to eliminate the speed the wave did. When she succeeded, a shocked pegasus looked at the direction of the crash site.

“What in Celestia…?”

The crater was just dozens of meters from Ponyville. In that crater, there was…something.

Rainbow flew to it cautiously and circled it many times out of curiosity. The object looked like it was cast iron on some parts and "hooves" ground on others. There was a black color on the surface, which gradually and slowly fell off in some places.

She then noticed ponies and other beings who also came to look at this object out of curiosity. She realized she was here first. And she had to act.

"Hey!"She called out to the beings below her.

"Not a step closer! It can be dangerous!”The creatures looked at each other but obeyed and waited.
After that, more and more beings appeared. They all wanted to know one thing; What is it?

After half an hour it didn't even move. It just got cold. The Ponyville police put tape around the crater that had writing written all around it"NO ENTRY".

No one knows what it was.

Rainbow was only in the air, a few inches above the ground, watching as the object lay motionless, half buried in the ground.

Her spectacle was then interrupted by familiar voices.

“…And how can you be so sure?”

"I'm not, but that's the most likely theory I have so far."

Rainbow turned to see a white unicorn, with an elegant purple mane, flanked by a purple dragon holding a book in one hand.

Rainbow knew the unicorn very well. It was Rarity. But she hadn't seen the dragon on the other hand for a good ten years.

“Rarity? Spike? Are you going to see…this too?”She asked.

"The capsule? Yes.”The dragon replied.

"A Capsule?"

"Probably."

The light blue pegasus looked at her friend incomprehension, a question on her face;

"What is he talking about?"

"I don't even know"

“Um,”Spike cleared his throat.

“Some time ago, Twilight saw a 'star' that shone brighter and brighter every ten hours. I have a feeling that it was this object that must have been completely frozen as it approached the sun.”

"Uh…so the melted ice caused the light that Twilight called the sun?"She didn't understand Rainbow.

“Eh… no. The shine was made, because its surface is iron!”

"Oh really? I thought it was a stone..."

“Uh…you're still talking about the same object, aren't you?”

"Of course. As the ice on the surface melted, the light that hit the surface was reflected. That's why Twilight saw what she saw."

"And all that was in that book?"

“Uh…no.”

"But what does that have to do with this…capsule?”

"If it's iron, there's a good chance it's full of minerals and precious stones."

Rarity looked at Spike, at the object, then back at Spike.

"So that's why you dragged me here."

Spike smiled.

"Exactly! So what do you think? Will you leave me some gems too? OR will you use them all for a dress?”

"Well, I'm relieved. I already thought that someone sent it here."Rainbow said looking up at the sky. It was already dark.

“Well, it's time to go back. Take Twilight with you next time, Spike!”Rainbow said, spreading her wings and flying home.

“Huh, did you also notice the…little spaces in some places?”Rarity said suddenly. Spike noticed it too after searching for a while.

“Uh…yes?”

"As if they were already carved in advance to get inside."

"Or out..."Spike added uncertainty and then one thing occurred to him.

"I'm going to ask Twilight something. I don’t really like this thing." He said, taking off and flying back to Canterlot. He just overheard Rarity saying something to him before.

“Huh! Do you believe in extraterrestrial life?”

Author's Note:

Welcome to Equus.