• Published 30th Apr 2023
  • 1,014 Views, 7 Comments

Magic Vs. Machinery - Exotic Butter

  • ...
2
 7
 1,014

XVII.~The attack on Canterlot

Three mares, who survived the fall of the ‘Ponyville’ Tripod, were walking on the dusty path that led to Canterlot.

By their way, the surroundings around them slowly, but surely were changing from grass and forests, to rocks and…walls.

“A large group of survivors at twelve o'clock.” Aj said, making the other two mares look ahead.

“Finally, we made it.” Sweetie Belle said, looking up. The white walls of the Canterlot castle were right above them.

When the three mares joined the group, they noticed that this was just ONE of FIVE groups that were slowly getting inside, now almost a full castle and almost empty city.

“Ah bet, that our relatives are on their way too.” AJ said, looking at Sweetie.

“Well, I hope they are.” She answered.

“Now, what do you think? Are your friends already in the castle? Well, except for Pinkie, Rarity and Twilight.”

“Hard to say. When we were in the cellar, ah was thinkin’ about each of mah friends. Fluttershy; Did her animal friends hide her somewhere? If yes, where is she now? Pinkie Pie; Is she with her family? Well, we already know she isn’t. Rarity is with Big Mac's family. But Rainbow Dash…? I really hope she is okay. Even if she is hiding or fighting the aliens. And Twilight…she’s doing a good job.”

“Yea. Well, except for AppleBloom, I hope Scootaloo’s doing great. I may not know where she is now, but I hope for the best.”

“And what about ya, Sky?” AJ asked the pink unicorn, who was quiet.

“Hoping for the best too. Mostly hoping that my coltfriend is taking care of my daughter well.”

“Well…yea. Celestia with you.” Sweetie said.

Then the white unicorn looked at the beautiful view of the, now abandoned, Ponyville. When she looked left, more specifically east of Ponyville, her pupils shrunken.

“...AppleJack…?” She asked, still looking east.

“Yeah?” AJ looked at her.

“Remember, when you said that one of the machines would eventually replace the destroyed one?”

“Yes?” Answered confused.

"Well..."

AJ raised an eyebrow, then looked the same way as Belle and…

“Oh my goddess…”

“What is going on?” Sky asked, then looking the same way as them.

“Buck.”

Everypony, literally everypony of the five groups looked to the Ponyville.

Three-legged machine was going through the Ponyville to its fallen twin, but when it noticed a large meeting in front of Canterlot castle, it immediately changed its heading.

One pony started to rush to the Canterlot gates…then five…and the whole groups!

AJ only watched, as the machine slowly started getting closer and a prism on a tentacle-like hand came from the bottom of its head.

“FIRE!”

*BANG! BANG! BANG!*

Three shots were fired from one of the castle’s walls. It was three cannons that had just fired three stone cannonballs that were NOTHING against the tripod shield but made it almost impossible for the machine to even take a step forward.

“OPEN THAT GATES WIDE OPEN!” One guard ordered.

Then AJ blinked and looked around her.

“Come on AJ!” Sweetie Belle called her by nickname, as she and Sky were running into the castle too.

But when AJ wanted to start running, she heard something else.

It was an unpleasant hissing sound that grew louder.

“FIRE!” Yet again, the guard ordered the cannon crews.

*BANG! BANG!*

“INCOMING!!”

*Bzzzt!*

AJ flinched as the laser ALMOST got through the 'Canterlot shield'. The orange mare was standing still. This was the first time, when she saw the machines laser.

*Boom!*

When another laser hit Canterlot City, thousands of pieces went into the air. Then, as the pieces began to fall down like meteorites, more than once landed directly on the ponies' heads. One of the pieces even landed directly on AppleJack's rear leg.

“FOR LUNA SAKE, OUCH!” She screamed, clutching her left hind leg. She didn't know if the piece had broken her leg or not. But it hurt like hell..

"AppleJack!" Belle shouted as she trotted up to her, ignoring the falling pieces. She wanted to use her magic to help her up, but... Her magic wasn't working!

“Come on!” Sky took one of her front legs and Sweetie the other. In a moment, the mares and the injured AJ were behind the walls, where they carefully laid her on the dirty ground.

They were the last ones, who made it into the castle alive... Two royal guards closed the gates and they wiped off their sweat.

“Ya'll think, the 'Canterlot shield' is strong enough againts their laser? Because It almost failed!" AJ said to them.

”Don't worry. The W-Weapon will do the rest. It...only need a special ammunition." One of the guards answered.

"A special ammunt- What ammunition ya talking about?!"

“Uh…AppleJack? AppleBloom?” Sky said with a little uncertainty.

“What now, Sky?” AJ looked at her.

“The Tripod.” She only said.

The Apple sisters looked behind them, as the machine was standing there, menacingly right outside the castle territory.

Thousands of ponies, who were in Canterlot, didn't said a word. What now?

Then, the unpleasing silent was interrupted by another hissing noise from the Machine.

"C'mon Twilight... Just fire the 'whatever gun you made'.

Author's Note:

"I found a book where Star Swirl once said:

Magic works like an arrow. The higher the speed of the arrow, the greater the penetration will be.”

-Princess Twilight Sparkle