• Published 30th Apr 2023
  • 1,015 Views, 7 Comments

Magic Vs. Machinery - Exotic Butter

  • ...
2
 7
 1,015

ll.~It's closer.

Ponyville, a town that, based on its population and location, is not the capital!

Ponyville is known as the first town where pegasi, unicorns and earth ponies decided to live together. Thanks to this, more and more ponies began to move to Ponyville, from both corners of Equestria. South, east, from all of Equestria.

And one of the thousands residents of Ponyville, the earth mare AppleJack, was sitting under one of the many apple trees that belonged to her family farm Sweet Apple Acres. She waved her hat to cool herself while she looked at the two buckets full of apples.

She had a hard day today. Harvest day. A day where the whole family had to get involved.

She then looked around. Even though she couldn't see the sun through the trees, she could tell how the light was fading.

"Ah, it's setting down. I should be going." She said aloud to herself, got up, put the buckets on her back and went home.

She walked along the path that divided the farm into South and North. Of course, each side was full of apple trees and a rare pear tree, with yellow pears, was hiding here and there.

After a few meters, AppleJack finally saw the farm's common house. Lights were on and smoke was coming from the chimney.

The orange mare placed the apples in front of the house and entered it. Her younger sister, AppleBloom, was waiting for her right at the entrance.

“AppleJack! Do you know the stars?" She asked her older sister to which AppleJack just cocked her head to the side.

"What? What do yo-" Before she could even say her sentence, she was dragged to the second floor, to AppleBloom's room. There was an open window, with a smaller telescope, aimed at the sky, which was already blue-gray. One by one, the stars began to appear and shine.

AppleJack looked at her sister with her head tilted even more, but now with one eyebrow raised.

"What's going on Bloom?" Her answer was a hoof that pointed to the sky.

"Something's coming at us!"

The orange mare just narrowed an eyebrow. She slowly grabbed the binoculars in her hooves and began to observe the young night sky.

"Where and what is it supposed to be, again?"

“It looks like a meteor! It's on the left, from the moon!”

AppleJack didn't really believe her twenty-year-old sister about the object that looks 'like' a meteor, but she still wanted to see for herself. So she looked at the moon, which was full. She then looked to the left of the moon and saw the same thing as her sister. Actually, she wasn't that surprised.

"Meteor, you say."She said as she focused on the mysterious object.

It was hard to tell what it really was. But one thing was clear; it flew on Equestria.

That being said, it was hard to tell what it was. But AppleJack recognized that it was cylinder shaped. Thanks to the 'rays' that appeared behind the object, it was clear that the object must have been iron, as one half was completely orange. Which meant hot.

"What is it, big sister?"

AppleJack looked at her, one hoove on her chin.

"I don't know, but whether it's a space stone or an iron one, it's coming down on Equestria."

"I know that myself! But I do not know when!"

“Well, that’s not important now. I would like to know where.”

"Does it really fly to Ponyville?"

"I'm not sure about that, but there is also a chance that it will fall somewhere much further away. But you are right that it flies here.”

"So, any plans?"

“Go to sleep, I will tell others. That’s the only thing I have to do now.”

“Okay…?”