• Published 26th Sep 2012
  • 767 Views, 8 Comments

Shaded From The Truth - Joshweiser22



Derpy helps out Celestia with Dr. Whooves and Colgate's quest but there's something she doesn't k

  • ...
6
 8
 767

The Fixer

The TARDIS suddenly stopped. Derpy had reached her destination. She had now arrived at the moment where Twilight was claiming Princess Cadence to be evil and nopony believed her (even though Twilight was right!). Derpy remembered what was coming. It wasn't long before Twilight would be underground and Queen Chrysalis would start singing. If that were to happen, it would be too late as the past Derpy, fake Dr. Whooves, and fake Colgate would have arrived by then. No, she had to do it now. That's when Derpy realized something very important. Dr. Whooves never told her how to detonate the TARDIS' time bubble!

There had to be something Dr. Whooves had told her. Even just to hint as to how to detonate the time bubble. That's when it hit her. Dr. Whooves had said something about "not being protected by time anomalies. For the time being, the TARDIS was protected from time anomalies. If Derpy could get a time anomaly to occur inside of the TARDIS, she might just be able to cause a space-time explosion big enough to detonate the bubble! It was an incredibly dangerous plan that only somepony like Derpy could come up with. Even so, it wasn't like she had any other choice.

Derpy raced for the castle doors and found a ribbon. She grabbed it and ran inside. She saw Princess Cadence crying although she knew it to be Queen Chrysalis. She looked around and saw herself. It wasn't any of her selves that she had seen before. This pony was specifically the Derpy from the date of the wedding. It was perfect. She crept up to herself, blindfolded her, covered her mouth, and made her walk. If Derpy were to spoil something now, the time anomaly would occur out of the TARDIS and a paradox would occur disrupting space-time where nothing could exist. She'd have to keep everything a secret until inside the TARDIS.

"Huh? Where did all the lights go?" said the blindfolded Derpy. Derpy began to whisper so that she wouldn't recognize her own voice "I can't tell you that just yet. But I promise you. You don't have to be scared. Also, I'll make sure you eat plenty of muffins if you help me out. No more talking, just walking." The Derpys walked around the corner of the castle and saw the fake Cadence making Twilight fall through the ground. She only had a few minutes before the singing was about to start. They had to hurry and began running. The TARDIS was now in view and the Derpys heard an explosion. They didn't know it but this was the explosion that Twilight had caused with her power which resulted in finding the real Princess Cadence.

Finally, they arrived at the TARDIS. The singing had now just started but the other TARDIS hadn't arrived yet. Obviously, the TARDIS arrived at some point while she was singing but not yet. They had no time to spare. Derpy had to make the blindfolded Derpy do something that would cause none of it to happen. Inside the TARDIS, Derpy took the other Derpy's blindfold off. "Derpy, I can't explain anything to you right now. You just need to make sure that if you ever get into this situation, you will never tell yourself to do what I'm telling you to do right now. Got it?" the main Derpy said. That was it. That would have created a paradox in itself but they were already in the time bubble. The paradox disrupted itself into it's own paradox still being contained by the TARDIS' time bubble. It was all over. A bubble couldn't contain a universe wide time paradox and began to explode. The Derpy who was blindfolded disappeared into thin air and the TARDIS began shaking.

At the exact same moment, Derpy heard a popping noise which she assumed to be the time bubble exploding, and she saw a great flash of light. Hopefully, it wasn't too late and the time bubble worked. Maybe, she had even kept her memory. She was unable to tell now. Her mind was racing and she was seeing absolutely everything that was going on. Time was moving rapidly. Chrysalises being erased from time. Dr. Whooves being erased. All errors in time were being fixed. All the events being pressed into Derpy's brain in a split second was too much and she fell into an unconscious state.

If Derpy were to wake up without any memories, the recording would have been erased from existence and nopony would be able to stop Queen Chrysalis. Everything would happen all over again. She had to. It was very hard but Derpy was somehow clinging onto her memories. Time was trying to wipe them away but Derpy tugged. She wouldn't let her precious memories leave. She had to remember. She couldn't let any of this happen again. Finally, time let go and Derpy was alright. And with all of her memories.

Derpy wasn't sure how long she was out but she did wake up eventually. She somehow wasn't in the TARDIS anymore. She woke up flying. She had a piece of paper in her hooves that said "Derpy Hooves, come to Dr. Whooves' house A.S.A.P.". This is how the whole event had started. She would have to somehow get Queen Chrysalis and her changeling away from the TARDIS so she could get the real Dr. Whooves and Colgate to listen to the recording. Derpy now had a plan.

Derpy flew over to Dr. Whooves' house but this time, instead of knocking on the door, she went through a window. Chrysalis and the changeling was not expecting this and she was able to burst the door which contained the real Dr. Whooves and Colgate, open. By this time, Chrysalis had now noticed them. "How did you know they were in there!" Chrysalis, in the form of Dr. Whooves asked. "Simple. All this time jumping has made me hungry and it's all your fault! THIS IS FOR THE MUFFINS!" Derpy yelled as she dove in towards Chrysalis in Dr. Whooves' form and rendered her a bit dizzy. Dr. Whooves and Colgate took care of the changeling in Colgate's form. Derpy told them to go into the TARDIS. They used it to go to the entrance of the Princess' castle. It would take a while for Chrysalis to get there without a TARDIS, perfect to listen to a recording. Without any questions, Derpy began playing the recording.

"I know exactly how to fix this. We can use my time bubble as a time explosion." it began to say. Dr. Whooves was very intrigued as to why the recording was playing back something that he never recalled ever saying. It continued on for several minutes. "I'll have no memory of you but all you'll have to do is give me this recording and I'll believe every word you say. We haven't got much more time." it said and then the recording ended. Now Dr. Whooves began talking "So what you're telling me, or more so, what I'm telling myself, is that we need to stop those imposters, no?". Derpy confirmed his suspicions and made the TARDIS go to the Celestia's room. Now it was Colgate's turn.

"Your highness, we have no time to explain. This pony has confirmed our suspicions about the changelings." she said pointing to Derpy Hooves. "We can talk more about it later but for now we have to eliminate them. If they get a hold of our TARDIS, all we be lost. Everything had already been lost but this pony gave us all another chance. With time travel, we now have a chance to defeat the changelings once and for all! We'll need your help and the help of the elements of harmony."

Princess Celestia looked down at the three. "I can most certainly help. My sister can help too. The ponies you need, however, are those who have the spirit of the elements of harmony. Applejack, the spirit of Honesty. Rainbow Dash, the spirit of Loyalty. Rarity, the spirit of Generosity. Fluttershy, the spirit of Kindness. Pinkie Pie, the spirit of Laughter. And finally, Twilight Sparkle, the spirit of Magic. With their power and ours we might finally be able to vanquish their threat for good. The only problem is, is that if we banish them from Equestria again, what good will it do? They can easily come right back."

Derpy wasn't too sure about this but it was worth a say "Um, what if we use the time bubble? Now that the time bubbles exploded, everything turned back to normal which means the time bubbles are still here, right?" Dr. Whooves looked at Derpy with awe "For a pony who's very derpy, you seem to be very smart.". Derpy smiled. So did Princess Celestia and she began talking again "Very well. Gather the six ponies who contain the spirits of the elements of harmonies and go to Twilight's library home. I'll meet you there." She nodded and the three ponies got into the TARDIS and headed for Twilight's house. They had no idea where the others were so it was best just to find the pony who they did know where was. Once they found her, it would be easier to find the other five.

They headed straight for Twilight's door and knocked on it. "I've got it Twilight!" said Spike. "Thank you, Spike." Twilight said. Spike opened the door. "Hello there!" he said "Are you friends of Twilight's? She'll be down in just a second." "Well, we're more of friends of the Princess." Dr. Whooves said. In an instant, after Twilight heard the word Princess, she was at the door. Now Twilight spoke. "Please, come in."