• Published 26th Sep 2012
  • 767 Views, 8 Comments

Shaded From The Truth - Joshweiser22



Derpy helps out Celestia with Dr. Whooves and Colgate's quest but there's something she doesn't k

  • ...
6
 8
 767

The TARDIS

They climbed aboard the train to Canterlot and went straight for the castle without any side tracts. At the front of the castle, the guards let them in without any hesitation and they made their way to Princess Celestia.

"Does she know?" asked Princess Celestia pointing to Derpy as they walked in her room. "Not yet, your highness. But Colgate and I believe she'll be very valuable to the mission and we ask for your permission to include her." informed Dr. Whooves. "Very well. I'll choose to trust my people and I'll have faith in you. She may be debriefed." Princess Celestia responded.

Dr. Whooves looked to Derpy "Our mission, and now yours so you chose to accept it, is to make sure the changeling threat is gone. I'll be able to explain more when we return to Ponyville as we have collected much more information." The three headed back to Ponyville and back inside Dr. Whooves' house.

"We have been at this for quite some time now and still no luck." Dr. Whooves continued now at his house. Even the Princess did not know how we could trace her. Instead, we decided to get information from another source. We traveled to the Princess' castle in the middle of the night and found her sister inside. We asked her how we might be able to find the changelings and she said that the best way is to go to the source of the problem. Of course, the source of the problem already happened and is gone now. This is why she gave us an incredible idea. Time travel."

"Princess Luna told you that? But isn't it dangerous?" Derpy asked. "Maybe. Maybe not. But she offered it so who are we to decline?" Colgate responded. "However, for time travel to be possible, one must need a time machine, no?" Dr. Whooves said, heading over to a rectangular object with a sheet on top. "Ooo! What's that?" asked Derpy. "This my fair mare, this is the Time And Relative Dimension In Space – more commonly known as…" began Dr. Whooves "the TARDIS" he continued as he pulled the sheet off the rectangular object revealing a police box.

"But, that says Police Box on it." Derpy stated. "Yes, but it's the TARDIS." Dr. Whooves argued. "So it's a TARDIS Police Box?" Derpy asked. "No, it's just a TARDIS." Dr. Whooves argued back. "What's a Justuh TARDIS?" Derpy asked, still very confused on what was going on. Dr. Whooves let out a big sigh. "Derpy Hooves. This is a TARDIS. Say it with me. TAR-DIS." "TAR-DIS." Derpy mimicked. "Good. Now let's go inside the TARDIS." Dr. Whooves ordered. "Wait, one question." Derpy stated and then asked "What's a TARDIS?" Colgate facehoofed. Dr. Whooves was now beyond annoyed. "It's a time machine! Now get in the TARDIS!" he yelled. Dr. Whooves was normally a happy fellow, unless he was around pears, or in this case, Derpy.

Derpy's eyes started getting watery "P-please don't yell at me sir. I don't like getting yelled at." Derpy said trying not to cry even though a few tears came out. Colgate started hugging Derpy "There, there." Colgate looked to Dr. Whooves "If you want this to work, you're going to have to be patient!" Dr. Whooves was rubbing his forehead. "Alright. Come on." He said, walking into the TARDIS. Colgate and Derpy soon followed.

Once inside, it was incredibly bigger than it was on the outside. "We are going back to the date of the wedding which is the same day the changelings arrived." Dr. Whooves said. "And once there, we'll finally be able to rid ourselves of them." Colgate said letting out a snicker that sounded much different than a normal laugh. Derpy, of course, couldn't notice the different, though, but if she had, she might've been able to find out who Colgate really meant to get rid of.