• Published 24th Apr 2023
  • 120 Views, 5 Comments

Fleety's Pile of Anthology - Fleety



A growing pile of snippets written by somepony who struggles to finish them.

  • ...
1
 5
 120

A world in snow

In a world frozen in snow, the lands are littered with the tombs of dead nations. The ruins of civilization, once home to life now devoid of it all. There is only ever creeping silence, except for the brief moments of respite of howling wind, in this barren wasteland.

Yet despite through it all, life endures. It lingers on in small pockets of smoke and light, in fire and warmth.

In small pockets across the world, among the barren wilderness and in the ruins of the old world, there still remains civilization.

The eras of the old world are long gone, casted away into myths of legend. Now it is the age of frost.

In the lands of New Equestria, there is a great city of light. Where its warmth and fire burns away the cold that threatens to freeze its inhabitants in an icy chill. Where its hot steam shall make it so that its inhabitants can feel the hot weather of a summer that has not been felt in centuries.

In the city of Luneta life goes on as its residents carry on with their daily activities. Or at least it should be, but today was an occasion.

The streets of Luneta were covered in decorations and festive music as its people celebrated the Feast of Lights. While it was a quiet day, the fact that it was a special day had everypony alive in the city in celebration.

For somepony, it was more than just an occasion as the sounds of a mare groaning and screaming in pain as she gave labour. Her sounds of pain could be heard through the door as an older stallion waits anxiously for news.

Duke Streaks was one of the most powerful figures in the city who amassed his fortune through careful planning and shrewd business dealings. For most, he is just seen as another member of the aristocracy. Despite his shred practices, those high up in the echelons of society viewed him as a valuable contact.

He should be somewhere else. Yet here he was, waiting for news of the delivery. His mind was about to wander back to his thoughts when the door opens slowly.

At the door stood the doctor who was delivering the news. He was no longer in his scrubs and had changed back into a white coat.

“It’s a colt, your excellency,” The doctor said, wiping a sweat off his brow. He seemed to pause for a moment as if avoiding something important.

“Ah, good. And what of my wife?” Duke got off his seat and took a step forward. Finally noticing that the screaming had long stopped. His eyes darted to the door as it opened.

Author's Note:

Had been inspired by Frostpunk when I had wrote this thing ages back in like... Maybe almost two years now? It came up as a promising idea to me one day and I had a really vague idea for a plot at the time. Not sure about now though, but I might come back to this someday.