• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,475 Views, 16 Comments

Entering Into A Strange New World - Solmist



Human enters world of ponies doesn't know to trust them or not, only time will tell

  • ...
3
 16
 1,475

CH I Where, and who am I?

“Uh… What just happen to me?” As I begin to move my head. I couldn’t move my body, because somehow I’m in extremely pain. I carefully open my eyes to try finding out where I am. It seems to be I’m in some room; there was this window door at my right side and from what I believe I‘m laying on a circle queen size bed. I couldn’t tell any more details about the room, because my sight is blurring and it seems to be night’s time right now. I wonder where I am and come to think about whom I am? My eyes are getting heavy at the moment. I should think about this in the morning as for now, all I really need is some sleep.

I woken up as the sun’s shine at my face and I feel so much better as I rise up from my slumber. I began to rubs my eyes, but something was in my way. It was glasses? I didn’t know that I use glasses; I wonder what else do I have? After I cleaned my glasses, I began to look at my body. In my lower body I was wearing black sneakers, and dark navy blue jeans. On my upper body black hooded, and a black dragon symbol in a white t-shirt. Beside my glasses, which I discovered that they are modern retro on one of the back side of my glasses, I also have a necklace underneath my shirt. The necklace is gold and had a heart shaped ruby medallion. As I examining my necklaces I feel something behind it. It was carving of some kind of language, but I didn’t understand it since it wasn’t written in English as far that I know of it. Next thing on my to do list is try to remember. Let see I remember what kind of creature I am; a human, I live California in the United States and that’s it. Why do I remember other things except for my own personal life? I need to get my memories back or at least someone who knows me. After I done examine myself, I look the room that I'm in and I totally unexpected what I’m seeing right now. Instead of seeing modern style room from what I still can remember what's today modern is, but I’m seeing an empty stone room. I look around I see that I was actually slept in was a flat circle stone bed without any mattress that still resemble like a queen size bed or probably even bigger.

I look around trying to find something that could help me. Luckily that something is aside of me. Its a bag. I began to wonder what’s inside this bag, and also need to find out where I am. I need to take look outside, but first the bag. I open to see camping gears like a tent, sleeping bag, and a red first aid kit that look strangely familiar to me. Also inside of it the there were was in water poof bag along with it a notebook, a sketchbook, an angle flashlight, and a video camera (that’s going to be very useful for me). I took a look the memory of the camera and to my disappointment it was empty. I put my camera down and I went to the old glass door. I find out that sun is brighter than I expected to be. It blinds me for a couple of seconds. What’s with today sunlight? Once my sight was back I see something that blew my mind. I was no longer I’m in the mountains surrounding near by the blue sea, now I’m in the middle of a swamp.

“Well I’m not in good ‘lo Cal anymore.” I say to myself without care if anybody listening, but in the matter of fact I would like respond from someone. No response great just great. It seems that I’m alone in the middle of this swamp. I’ll still be alone if I don‘t get out of here. I look at the sun and it seems to near mid-day. I still got time to get out of this swamp. A thought came to me, while I still have the camera I should start make a video journal and once it runs out batteries I use the notebook instead. I quickly grab my video camera and start to record it.


*********************Video Record 1# 4/28/12 9:05a.m ***********************


“Um…Hello?” As I wave at my camera.

“If you are seeing this means that I’m might be dead or something that I’m doing without notice. To clear this up I have no idea where I am at or who am I at the moment. I do remember other things, but my own personal memories I don’t. I don’t know if I have sisters or brothers, or mother or father or even a family for crying out loud!” That made me to loose my tempter. It took to me a couple of minutes to relax to continue the video.

“I only thing that is personal to me is that used to live somewhere in the California, but now I‘m in the middle swamp that is unknown to me. Maybe I’m in likely to be somewhere in the Central or South America or more likely in Europe by the stone structure room that I’m in right now.” I turn camera around to show the room, then I show it outside.

“I’ll look more into where I’m at later, as for now I’ll zoom in to see if I could find anything that could help me.” I move it to my right then to my left. It seems there nothing in sight in my camera. The only thing that structure like is a cloud. Interesting that cloud look like a modern roman style house. It would been great to live something like that.

“There seem to be no sight of modern civilization to be found, which it doesn’t make my chances of surviving this won’t be easy.” I was about end the recording, but I see something that caught my eyes. What it seems to be a brown tip like structure. I zoom it more and lord to be hold I have found civilization.

“If I’m correct that maybe a tip of a structure and where is a structure there is bound to be people.” I zoom out the camera and I turn it to me.

“Ok I’m going to be heading out to that structure, but first I need to get out of here. I’ll be soon making another video by the end of the day or when something interesting happens to me.” I turn the camera off, put it in my pocket, grab my backpack and head out for the door.


************************************************************************


I soon discover that where I am at seem to be big since there are many hallways that came across my path. I should have been lost really easy, but I feel something is showing me the way. Strange this place seems some what familiar to me, but I haven’t been here before. Or have I? I keep on walking until I came upon an open door. As I open it a bit more, I see a giant room. It seems that it used to be one of those ballroom room floors. I look around seeing colorful glass windows in each side; even though dust covers each every one of them. There were also broken glass chandeliers were on the ground and stairs that could be used for the royals that used to own this place. Well there goes my theory about being in Central and or South America. So that means I’m somewhere in Europe. Now where in Europe am I in, and if I am how did I get here? Quickly close the door and began to wondering around some. Hallways after hallways I couldn’t find any source that could lead out of this place. I need to know where I am and find a way for me getting home is it too much to ask. I kept on thinking on my situation that I’m in until I feel something went crawling into my spine. I begin to feel uneven, and then I remember that I’m holding my backpack. Yet I haven’t shifted it probably, because of this place or something. I need to get out of this place before I lose my mind.

It took me a while until I made it outside of the castle. I look around my surroundings, aside being in the middle of swamp I’m on top of a hill. I turn around to see a royal castle since I ‘came here’. I'm amaze by how huge it was and I always thought the castles in Europe were huge, but this takes the cake. My mind full with questions and now I really need to find people to answer them. I look in the side corners of the castle to see if I could find my window. Luckily I found it and I turn my head to same position when I did with my camera up top of me. I can easily see the same structure like I did before.

I follow the direction where it was, but I stop from seeing the bridge. It was old by the looks of it, I wonder how old this place is, and what worst about the bridge is that it’s small. It was small enough for eight year-old to cross it. I highly doubt that any kid will come to cross it, since down below the bridge is a hard circuit river. I look around to see there any more paths, but I only could find one. It leads to the opposite way where structure was. Well I got two options, one I have cross the tiny bridge and find people less than I think would be two hours or go to the path that could lead me to the unknown. After minutes of thinking I came to conclusion of crossing the bridge. Instead of putting my weight all at once in each step, I crawl my way. I grab each of the bridge’s rope, as I get closer to the other side so just in case it suddenly falls apart. I could hear planks creaking as my fear of falling to death starts to kick in. I manage to keep my cool by telling myself don’t look down. Thank the lord the bridge wasn’t long as I kiss the ground, and yet somehow the dirt tasted good than I expect to be. I got right back on my feet to look at the bridge again. To my surprise I see bits of planks were missing. Well at least I’m safe for now, but I still in the swamp. I feel like there is more danger ahead of me as I enter into the swamp.

“Why did the sky suddenly turn dark?” I thought to myself as once I went in just for minutes ago. Once it was a perfect day and the next it’s night as it can possible be. I took out my camera from my pocket and I'm luckily it has night vision. I show it to the sky and I just realizes that that the trees are covering the sky. How thick is this swamp or should I say forest? I should be wondering about the animals that lurking within this place out looking for me as prey. Lets just hope that I’ll never encounter them. I show the camera to my backpack and I began to find my flashlight. As I dig deeper I found the flashlight as I took it out. Once the lights turn on I put my camera inside the bag. I put it on my pocket strap and I continue on my path.

From what it seems like two hours I finally made out of the swamp or so I thought. Apparently I still in the swamp, but at least I could see the sky. I found a tree like no other in the swamp. It was tall, old, has no leaves, but I feel that the tree have more life to give than it looks. I begin to feel energy coming from it as I walk towards the tree. As I was about to touch it, I felt electricity from my fingers tips. “What the fudge! Did that tree just shocked me?” as I scream from the pain. Oh boy that was a mistake. As I hear howling behind me, I quickly turn to see yellow glowing eyes. It barks at me, I think it’s a wolf and it seems that the wolf never met a human just my luck. As soon it bark more of them came as theirs eyes came one by one. I carefully walk backwards to see if they just forget about me. No dices they soon follow me slowly like I was, as they came out of trees I'm shock what they look. Instead of having fur like normal wolves they have wood. “These aren’t normal wolves.” I thought to myself as one of them attacks me. It bit my left arm, I quickly punch it, but as soon it let go the other wolves began to attack at me. I starting kicking each one them, but they’ll keep on coming once they got back on their feet. “Where in the world am I?” as I turn around screaming and run for it while I still have a chance.

As I was running to anywhere I began to hear this familiar song that come out of nowhere. I don’t know where its coming from, but it seems to be following me. For some strange reason I got an idea that I could probably outsmart these wolves and I could make fun of these creatures. I climb up on one of the trees quickly before they notice and wait for the last member of pack. Once the wolf came to my view I made a jump for it and land on the wolf’s back. The wolf didn’t notice that I’m on it’s back, since these wolves were a lot bigger than a normal ones. I ride it like being one of those jockeys on their horses. I was having too much fun as I give a scream for joy, but it soon end as the wolf looks up at me, what ever reason I give it a little wave and the wolf made an emergency stop. My body flew passing by the others wolves and into a bush. The wolves creep to the bush as I try to find something that could distract them. Behind me there's a tree and its has a hole. Inside I see objects. Finally this forest is going to help me. I put my hand in the hole, feeling something cloth like inside of it and before I knew everything fade out.

The next I know I was running as the wolves were a few feet behind me. I feel something on my head, around my waist, my hands and under my noise. I discover that I'm holding a bowel of salad and some parts of chief uniform. I even I have one of those fake mustache. I quickly dispose of them as I somehow manage to blind the wolves. I laugh hearing them hitting into trees or each other. I didn’t care where I was going, but as long I could hear the music still being play I think I’ll be ok. The only thing I could think of is staying alive.

Time moves slowly as I keep on running and I didn’t know how long I been out here. I didn’t turn, as I would think the wolves might be behind my back and get me right at that second. It didn’t take them long to recover from incident that I gave them. Every time I hear one of wolves comes close to me, I use the tree branches to hit them. I don’t know how much long I could run because I’m feeling that I’m over my limit. I could feel my lungs need for air. I finally began to see daylight at the end of my trail. I'm starting to give hope to myself, as I would think there would be people that could help me. The sun blinding me for sec and as I regain my sight I quickly a halt and realize that it was end of the road.

I'm in the edge of a cliff and I could see can the structure only a few miles north from my point of view. I could hear the wolves growling coming towards to me, then theirs bodies slowly shows as they coming out of the trees. I’m running out of room as I look at the bottom of the cliff. I look at it carefully to see a river was there. The river’s current was strong, but not as strong like the one from the bridge. I turn to look at the wolves again and I see something behind them. It seems big since its yellow eyes are bigger than the wolves, where it was being place is in between the leaves of the trees; maybe it’s the wolves’ leader if it is just great. I didn’t know that these wolves could get that big. Again I got two options, one I could fight these wolves to the death, or I could jump this cliff and landing into the river. Wait why I’m thinking of options here I should be jumping of this cliff. As I turn towards the cliff about to jump for it, then something hit back of my head. It felt some sort of glass as I hear a cracking sound. The hit was so strong my body spinning out of control until I went into the river. I manage to get surface gasping for air. I look at cliff and I see something. There's a blue sparkly mist and mysterious figure. "The figure doesn’t look like a wolf, then what it is?" It was my last thought before I went to unconscious state.


************************************************************************


I begin to see black brick roads around in front of me and space was the sky. I would believe that I’m dreaming, because I feel like I have been in this place before. This place had roads which leads two different kinds of doors while the others roads are the lead the same two. The first door was all but pure black having demons statues surrounding it and there are only a few amounts of them that were visible. I look behind me to see most of these doors disappear and the road is decaying. I look down below that once the road that I’m standing, and there is nothing but continuous space. I think I shouldn’t dare myself to jump into space. I turn back to see the second door. It had golden colored bricks surrounding the corners while bars were in the middle and a white mist covering beyond it. It seems like there more gates door ahead of this road than the darker ones.

“What is this place and why do I feel I have been here before?”

“Wow you really did forget everything didn’t you.” Coming from a middle-age man voice, but before I could say anything else I begin to feel this somewhat familiar feeling.

I as turn around to see a dark mist begins to form. The mist first form a white pale horse with blood shot red eyes as I see there is no soul within its eyes. Then its rider too begin to form too. The man’s robe was black as darkness can be; also he have scythe on his right hand. The scythe reflection my face and it ends at my neck. I begin to get the feeling that he is going to take my life away.

“Uh… Who are you if you don’t mind asking?” I think giving him my confusion look as if I didn't not know him.

“Well since you have forgot you memories, I’ll tell you, I’m death.” He reveals his arms were nothing, but bones. He moves his left fingers to show proof that they were real, which it gives me the shivers. I though I can’t seen his face due to his hood covering his face into darkness, but I could see his eyes was red like the horse that he is riding on.

“Any who, its time for me to collect another soul.” Death moves his scythe, and aims it at my chest. I close my eyes thinking that this is it, but I felt nothing happening to me. I open my eyes to see that his scythe was almost right next to my left shoulder, but he didn’t move it. Instead he laughs.

“You should have seen the look of your face I mean out of all people who had feared me yours is properly the best one I seen in years!” I don’t know if I should take that as a compliment or not?

“For a second there I thought you were going to take my soul away.” Trying to light up his mood a little more.

“I’m not, I’m just wanted to see you on how you’re doing. Beside your quick decision saves your soul this time. I’m just waiting for you or anyone to end your life.” As he moves his scythe and points it at my face.

“Wait a minute you know who I am?” I see Death is somewhat confusion about my question.

“Here's the thing the individual told me not to tell you about your past, but your memories will soon come back uh…” Death hesitates for a bit. “…In the matter of time.” I quickly became nerves from his answer. In need him to tell me a little bit info in this situation I’m in.

“So this person is more powerful than you, by any chance that ‘individual’ is god?” I look at him in the eyes to proving my point.

“Well you more than half right and let just say the individual told me that your soul is very special.” From what I'm guessing that he looking down his scythe.

“How special am I?”

“From all the souls that I’ve collect yours is by far is the most difficult one to get ever since your mother made that decision I couldn‘t get you. No matter how many times I try get your soul, you always mange to survive it.”

Instantly I remember from all of the events that could have end my life and it all lead towards him.

“So it was you this whole time, but why I thought you were suppose to wait until the time comes or something like that?”

“See I told you’ll get your memories soon, also I was until mother cheated me, and I don’t like when someone cheated me.” Death grips hold of his scythe both of his hands.

“Then what is stopping you to get my soul then?”

“At the time I didn’t know. I thought you were just a regular living form in that world, it would have been a lot easier for me get, but something that you have is making you to survive your fates. Recently I discovered why you survive, but again I’m not telling you. You will just get spoil. I only know there are two creatures that have ‘special thing’ that can surviving their fates just like you before I met you, cats and squirrels. Now you’ll be joining them on the list since I’ll be seeing you more often then I thought. ”

“Say what? Did just say squirrels?”

“Yes squirrels, but that’s my cousin Gregg’s job and I don’t want to explain that understand!” The road shakes as he stomp it with the end of his scythe.

I nodded at him for a quick respond; he really doesn’t want talk about his cousin or the squirrels so I have to change the subject.

“So are you going to wait this time?”

“Indeed I am so I could watch your journey, also I got other living things to collect and boy you haven’t realized where you are at?” Death laughs at my problem.

“Hold on for a sec you where I am at?”

“Yes indeed I know where you are at.” As I see Death is playing with his scythe like guitar.

“Well you are going to tell me?”

“Nope since you’re going to wake up in any second also this is a little paid back for what your mother had put me into and I do hope we could meet again soon. Speaking of next time we’re going to finish that board game of ours.” Dark mist starts to rise from horse’s hooves. I’m going wake up soon, but I need at least one thing about me.

“Are even going to tell me one thing about my past?” I’m begging on his hooded robe. From what I’m guessing that Death is rubbing his chin with his fingers thinking about my question.

“Since you been such good lad here’s one. Death disappear and reappear to my ear. "You can speak Spanish.” As he floating back to his horse.

“Yo sé cómo hablar Español ... esperar por eso que estoy hablando Español ahora?” (I know how to speak Spanish...wait why I am speaking Spanish just now?) I’m thinking that Death change my voice as I see him laughing at my voice sudden change.

“Well look at the time I have to go ta-ta for now.” Death and his horse begins to fade away.

“Espera la muerte no te vayas; hay muchas más preguntas que necesitan ser respuestas!” (Wait Death don’t go; there is a lot more questions that need to be answers!) As I see the grim reaper disappear into space then a light began to shine on. Everywhere around me begins to disappear as the light comes closer.

“Dulce de azúcar!” (FUDGE!) It was all that I could say before the light blinds my eyes.