• Published 13th Apr 2023
  • 295 Views, 33 Comments

EQG Yu-Gi-Oh War of Light and Darkness Strength and Friendship - Neztrolove



a bullied boy wants to make friends but must prove his strength to his abusive father and brother and all those who think him weak.

  • ...
17
 33
 295

What do you desire

Author's Note:

hello everyone you all already know I love MLP and particularly EQG but I also love yugioh all the animes and of course the TCG/OCG for you InFamous fanfic fans I am not giving up on my fanfic there or worse put it on hiatus I will work on both these fanfics at the same time and releasing chapters one after another. So when a chapter of Yugioh is posted the next chapter will be the Infamous One. Anyway this is a typical My OC jeane in EQG fanfic but I hope to add that yugioh style. Also I will try to follow the rules of the TCG but for drama I will bend them slightly. Also both me and my characters arent genius duelists and thus misplays will be a thing but I will try to keep them at a minimum or if they are part of the story because of the characters personality/mindset or circumstances of the duel. Anyway its time to D-D-D-Duel.

Jeane felt his back slam against the brick wall of his school building. He had initially come in for orientation and was about to go home on foot. His brother raito had texted him and said he would pick him up but jeane just wanted to go home so he decided to walk home.

But of course he couldn't just walk home without a complication. His life is full of complications.

Today for example. The boy had been blindspotted by a rabbit punch from his middle school Bullies Snips and Snails.

Snips would be considered the brains of the duo but that would imply he had any brains… though he did have slightly more then snails.

Snails was a everyman who was easily influenced by someone who is smarter or who he looks up to like his childhood friend Snips.

Snips was a light blue skinned boy with a messy bed of spiky orange hair, he wore his signature scissor T-shirt which fit his background because his dad was a famous salon owner and was popular with all the moms in canterlot for his good conversation skills and expert precision in hairstyling. The boy was squat at a mere 4 feet even jeane who was also small stood a whole foot over him. He wore a grimace showing off his bucktooth stretching his fingers.

Snails was the opposite in appearance to his friend, he was six foot even but had no muscle mass or even any fat he was a tall twig but tat didn't mean he didn't punch good, it was more like a getting hit by a swarm of wasps rather then a ton of bricks from his friend. He had comeover green hair with two spikes formed from his in the back. He usually wore green sweate with a purple snail on the breast, his favorite food and animal to learn about but today due to it being warm he wore an orange over shirt and khaki shorts. He blocked jeanes retreat by standing in the way, a goofy smile on his face.

"Ouch, what did I do this time?" it was same to assume he did something to them as they usually didn't outright attack him due to their best friend/adopted sister being very clear on what they can do to jeane and get away with… jeane was scared of her but even more scared of the fact that she had dropped out of canterlot after her parents passed and managed to get a huge inheritance on top of the courts recognizing her as an adult.

Sometimes jeane thinks that she took in the two boys because she gets a huge check and can have someone to boss around.

"You told the teacher we cheated off you." Snips tried to sound intimidating but his high pitched voice made it hard.

"But, the school year doesn't start until monday?" Jeane questioned when he could have possibly told the teacher then he remembered. "and you meant last semester didn't you?"

Snips slapped the boy sending him to his knees.

"Is that a yes snips?" Snails asked in his goofy voice.

"Yes snails, that was a yes?" Snips replied deadpan. "Now why did you tell the teacher."

Jeane remembered why, the teacher noticed that his and the two bullies parents were perfectly indentical right down to the same three answers being wronged this being one of the rare times jeane didn't get a perfect score which his dad let him hear about when he got home.

"The teacher asked me if I let you cheat. She said that someone else told her they saw you cheating off me and I didn't do anything. I had to tell the truth or my grade would've suffered too, she was already gonna take points off your score."

"Then you shoud've kept your mouth shut and failed too. We had to go to summer school because of you." Snips remarked grabbing Jeane by the side of his shirt and throw him into the wall again, the boy gasped and felt his side hurt.

"it wasnt all bad miss cheerilee was teaching and she was always nice." Snails flushed, his infatuation with big macintosh apples girlfriend was well known and not taken seriously by the adults and considered a mix of creepy and normal depending on who you ask.

"Yeah, she was nice but we still had to lose our whole summer because of this snitch boy." Snips gritted his teeth and clenched his fists ready to strike.

"Wait Snips." Snails said, never losing his goofy grin. "Sissie said that we weren't supposed to do any damage."

Snips snapped his finger fast. "Right, I forgot that was today. Im such a dunce, you wont tell her will you snails, I cannot miss out on dessert again."

Snails shakes his head then stops as if realizing that he said no and nodded his instead.

"Cool but how do we teach this guy a lesson without damaging him?"

Both Snips and snails scratched their heads, pondering for a few minutes.

"I got it, we'll do a good old nerd bully salute."

"Which one was that again?"

"You know, underwear tied to the flagpole with him attached, lift him up the flag pole then leave him there." Snips whispered a little too loudly.

"im afraid I cant allow you to do that." A calm voice said.

All three heads turned toward the source of the voice seeing a figure shaded by sunlight. Once their vision set they saw the big man on campus.

Raito Umbra… Jeanes older brother.

Both snips and snails shook in fear unaware that Jeane was doing that on the inside.

"Raito, we was just fooling around with your bro. We weren't gonna do that mean stuff." Snips quivered.

Unafraid snails raised eyebrow then looked at snips. "We weren't?"

Snips elbowed his surrogate brother who gasped out.

"Yeah, we weren't," he corrected.

Raitos gaze born down on them, his golden eyes bearing into the three then setting on jeane, a look disgust on his perfect white skin. He and jeane looked completely different.

Jeane had purple skin like their mother with pixie cut black hair and usually wore all black with no images on it.

Raito dressed in a white short sleeve shirt and pants complete with a gold vest, his blonde hair cut in a spiky style with a part of covering his left eye.

Raito scoffed as he took a single step toward Jeane.

Both Snips and Snails took two steps back and away from Raito.

Raito continued taking several steps toward jeane and the two bullies took twice as many steps away.

"What happens between you and my brother is your business but I require him so your business with him today is done… pick this up tommorrow if it is really important."

Both Snips and Snails nodded their heads and fled… raito has that effect on people.

The golden boy of canterlot high and the umbra stood over the black sheep of canterlot middle and the family.

Raito face bore no joy or emotion, exuding a dominant aura jeane could never hope to meet his eye.

"let's go." Raito turned stepping away from jeane like he wasnt there.

The boy followed after his brother keeping his pace even and his head down.

After they reached the parking lot the silence was too much for the young boy and the shock of being bullied was overpowered by his need to speak.

"Thank you for saving me raito." He finally said.

Raito stopped abruptly forcing jeane to nearly fall down as he was too close to him then took a step back.

"I needed you, so I grabbed you. If you wish to believe I saved you then that Is your problem. Now get in the car." raito's voice never raised nor lowered when he talked but whenever he said something it would be foolish to not listen and if you were jeane, you had to obey.

The boy opened the door and sat inside Raito's Stingray Corvette which was brand new and bought to celebrate him graduating. The boy had had a license since he was 15 and would normally drive their dads rolls royce but was given a new car in honor for his graduation.

Jeane sat down in the car and closed door. Fastening his seatbelt and remaining perfectly still.

Raito turned the key and they exiting the parking lot.

Raito drove down the street, the tinted windows making it hard to see anywhere but forward and sun nearly blinded Jeane.

The carride was in silence for a few minutes before raito spoke.

"you know if you let scum like that push you around it will make you more of target then you already are."

"What are you talking about?"

"You know I plan to become a pro duelist and I have put in my summer record for winter regionals and I know I will make it. I fought over a hundred duels during my time in school from elementary to high and I have only lost three times. Even despite those three failures I am still considered the greatest duelist in Canterlot and now that im no longer allowed in school tournaments and the friendship games there will be many who wish to make a name for themselves and take petty revenge by beating you due to the misfortune that we share blood so you are a target and about to face a storm… I only tell you this… because our family cant suffer any more embarassment from you."

Jeane turned his head down. "I understand."

"I hope you do. Because if you truly care about this family then you would either make sure to live up to our standards or runaway, go to the next state, and jump off the tallest building that way we don't have to deal with you."

The boy felt each word like an icy dagger in his heart but he knew that this wasnt just raitos opinion both he and his father were the same in their regards for jeane and his happiness.

"I understand Raito." The boy noticed they missed their turn and jeane noticed his brother was driving further into the city proper instead of umbra manor in he clouds community.

The boy turned to his brother. "Rai, where are we going?"

Raito continued driving.

Jeane turned his head downward.

The two boys drove into they came to the duel arenas each one maintained by one of the three richest families in canterlot including The Belles, the riches, and the umbras… his family.

Raito pulled up to the parking lot of the umbras made duel arena. Stopping the car he turned to jeane. "Out." He ordered

Jeane did so and then raito threw him something.

Jeane tried to catch it but fumbled and it felt to the ground with a crash. Jeane noticed that it was the leather deck box with a sun and moon on it… his deck box.

"Are we having a duel?" Jeane asked nervously.

Raito says nothing as he goes into the employee entrance. "Get in."

Jeane nodded his head and entered into a stairwell. The two brothers walked down the stairs until they reached the bottom of the duel arena where the families personal duel stadium lay.

This arena was for the family to use for their friends and personal duels.

Raito pressed a button and on command the lights arrived revealing the duel field which was half the size of a football field with 10 zones on each side which would light up when the arena was on and two zones in the center. The arena had walls surrounding it and platforms on either side which had a miniature zones where you put your cards.

Jeane looked up to see standing in the other platform a familiar face with a dark smile on her face.

"Sunset shimmer? What is she doing here?" Jeane looked up at sunset shimmer, the adoptive sister of snips and snails, heiress and owner of the golden sun mall which added to her vast fortune.

She waved him with her fingers and smiled.

Raito turned to his brother.

"Rai what is going on? What is all this."

"I am not the only one tired of you giving our family a bad name. Father is as well. He initially wanted to send you to boarding school so he wouldnt have to deal with you but sunset shimmer made a better deal. She offered the family a sizable sum in exchange for a marriage contract between you and her which would mean that you would live with her and be in her care until you graduate and be her husband."

A flash of anger made jeane do the unthinkable.

"I wont marry her! You cant make me." Jeane covered his mouth almost instantly.

Raito raised and eyebrow then for the first time he smirked.

"Good. Our mother as soft as a only a mother can be would not allow father to just sell you off so he madea deal with her he'd give you a chance to show you arent dead weight. You asked me if we were here to duel, that is incorrect… you are here to duel. Win and you don't have to marry sunset, lose and we wont have to deal with you… either way we get our money."

Jeane couldn't believe his brother would say such a thing. They use to be close but for him to do him like this.

"Cant you duel for me… like old times."

Raitos smirk turned into a frown. "I have interfered in your affairs for the last time. You are a leech on our family and unlike mother I wont allow you use me for your own sustenance. Either win or get out… those are your options. Goodbye jeane, when the duel is over if you win call mother to pick you… im going home."

Raito walked past jeane who fell to his knees shook by the revelation.

They sold me… like a pig. He felt anger which gave way to sadness. Do they hate me so much that they would take money to get rid of me.

Tears came to the boys eye.

I cant run back home, dad would just force me to marry her, I could run away but I don't have money or survival skills… im worthless.

A spark hit in jeanes head and he could hear the whispers. He looked up to the top bleachers of the arena where he could swear he could see a man in the shadow. Before he could say anything a voice appeared in his head.

What do you desire?

Jeane felt the voice come like an old friend.

What do you desire, Jeane Umbra, Son of the nightmare and the king

I… I don't… he lied to himself. He knew what he wanted but he knew it was too good for him. He knew he would never it have it not while his brother was so exceptional and his father so important.

What do you desire! The voice demanded.

I… I desire… no I want friends, people who like me for me and not just who I am.

To get what you want, you must prove to me that you are worthy of it son of light and shadow. So like the ancient pharoahs in the past you will fight with your future on the line… do you accept this duel with her.

"Yes…" Jeane saw he was now one duel platform. His deck on the zone and the lights glowing up.

"still playing hard to get huh. Well ive waited for 5 years now, I can wait 5 minutes… lets do this darling." Sunset said taking off her black biker jacket letting fly to floor showing her orange shirt with the golden sun on it. Her gold and orange hair like fire flow.

Jeane could swear he could see a flame like aura protruding from her and he could feel the heat from her like a distant sun.

Jeane didn't notice that his body also exuded a purplish black aura which was just as potent.

Both sides met each others gaze and had one word for each other.

Duel!