• Published 8th Apr 2023
  • 327 Views, 6 Comments

Celli and Lulu’s Strange Situation: The Siren's Call - ArcticAce01



Celestia and Luna race to stop the Sirens from returning to Equestria stronger than ever, aided by their own sister, Sonata Dusk, and other unlikely allies. One last adventure as princesses. One they would never forget.

  • ...
0
 6
 327

Episode 1: Welcome to the Show

It was a lovely Saturday afternoon in Canterlot Park. As the city was high on festivities, baubles and dangly objects hung all around the lampposts and trees here, especially around the entrance, where more families were pouring in. Snow had fallen the day before and the ground was coated in a light layer of white, which children were already in the process of gathering for their snowman building.

The air was cold and a little windy, which was a decent reason to keep people away from the park today, except for one important thing. Smack in the middle of the park, beside a small man-made lake was a temporary stage, fitted with metal beams that towered in the air that housed rows and rows of swiveling lights that occasionally panned down onto the stage where three girls were singing.

As their voices blended together expertly almost like they had been singing for thousands of years, more and more people began joining the crowd, cheering for them as the lights above flicked to red, merging with the increasing glow of red pendants around their necks. Smiles creeped across the girls’ faces as they beheld the crowd before them. The main one, a girl with poofy orange hair, ducked low and swept her right arm across one foot to the other, then spun around and placed a hand on the small of her back as her smile grew wider and wider.

Another, a girl with purple and green hair tied into two pigtails, hopped a step, then dropped to one knew as she swung an arm around her opposite shoulder, and the third, a girl with blue hair of two hues, spun on her toes like a top, then dropped in a split before immediately bouncing up and raising her arms high.

With one final melodious harmony, they spun together, grabbing ahold of their shoulders as they brought their mics together in the air, producing an incredible wave of feedback that rocked the entire park, literally blowing hats off people’s heads before the sound and lights cut out.

Cheers rang across the park after a brief pause, and the three girls bowed before ducking back behind their stage.

“We’ve done it!” The lead one, Adagio Dazzle, clenched both fists as she reached the bottom of the backstage area. “Do you feel that?”

“Donuts?” The one with blue hair, Sonata Dusk, lifted a finger as she sniffed the air.

“Power, Sonata,” Adagio said as she planted one hand on her hip. “But not just our gems. You feel it, don’t you? Aria, you too? The power of this world coursing through our veins!”

The third, Aria Blaze, folded her arms and planted both feet together. “I don’t even know why we still bother with our gems when we have powers like this.”

She balled a fist as a purple spectral hand appeared beside hers, doing the same. Her entire body was covered in a blazing blue aura that didn’t consume her.

“After this song, I already feel strong enough to take down an entire police station!” Adagio cackled as a female humanoid appeared behind her, partially hidden in the shadows. “Imagine what we could do if we performed another three times?”

“But why stop at three?” Aria asked. “Why not thirty?”

“It’s nice to sing and all, but…” Sonata tapped her sisters on the shoulders. “Do we really need to do this? There are better ways to get back to Equestria. I just want to sing.”

“We are fools to ignore power like this!” Adagio grabbed Sonata by the collar and pulled her closer, touching her nose to her sister’s nose. “We spent weeks learning how to control it and you want to throw it away now?”

“I’m saying, why do we need to use them like this? You know like that one comic, with great power comes-”

“Enough. Sonata, you’re not backing out now.” Adagio held her firmly. “You must remember all that has happened. Star Swirl cast us out. On the brink of our victory over Equestria. Doesn’t that mean anything to you?”

“Well, yeah… but…” She pictured the crowd they had just siphoned their magic from. Already she could hear their voices rising outside, and it wasn’t the good kind. “I know it’s not any different from what we’ve done in Equestria, but I…”

“What, you suddenly grew a conscience?” Aria groaned.

“What’s that?”

“Nevermind.” The middle sister shook her head. “Look, we’re getting back to Equestria, one way or another. And with all the power we get here, we’re going to take it back, right, Adagio?”

“Well spoken, Aria.” Adagio’s smirk grew wider still. “Feel that energy. I feel like I can already do anything with power like this. A few more concerts will certainly do the trick.”

The sounds outside grew louder and sharper and Sonata already knew what was going on. She could hear a brawl starting as people began calling each other names, followed by the sounds of muffled gasps and shouts of pain. Their singing had started more than one war throughout their lifetimes and they would feed on the hostility, growing stronger and more powerful, but this time it was different. Sonata felt different. And she wasn’t talking about the new powers they got.

She was starting to feel for the humans.

“There must be a way we can get this power without causing them to hurt each other,” she said, challenging her sisters. Adagio and Aria looked at the younger siren, slightly unhappy with the tone she was using.

“This is the only way back Sonata” Aria said with a glare. “We did this back in Equestria and we’re just doing the same thing now.”

As she said this, Sonata stood silently as she looked towards the middle siren. “Well, you never know until we try, there might be another way. A peaceful one.”

“Peaceful, you say? Do you want a peaceful approach, Adagio?” Aria looked to her older sister.

Adagio’s fingers gripped tighter around her arms and sneered. “No, I do not. They cast us out, they thought to trap us here, but they never knew what they had done by doing so. We will find a way back and we’ll destroy all of them.”

Sonata flinched as she heard this. She didn’t want to go back to their old ways, not again. “No…” she said.

“What did you say?” Adagio stepped closer, fire in her voice.

“I said no… I-I don’t wanna do this!” the younger siren replied with only a hint of hesitation left in her resolve.

“You don’t have a choice.” Aria joined in. “Like Adagio said, you ain’t backing out of this and we’re all doing this together.”

“I do have a choice!” The younger said in protest. “We may be sisters, but I can make my own decisions and choose what I wanna do! And you can’t force me to do something I don’t wanna do!”

The other two sirens shared a knowing look with each other. They knew Sonata had always been a pain, but she had always followed along, even if she did it without knowing why. But this time, it seemed she had learned a thing or two about standing up for herself, and normally, they’d be proud of her, seeing as she finally grew some kind of brain. But this time, she was standing up to them and they didn’t like it one bit.

“Sonata, no. What do you even like about these humans?” Adagio hissed, throwing her hands up. “They’re nothing but magic fodder for us!”

She shook her head. “You’re wrong. They’re living and breathing. I don’t know, we’ve been out here among them for years. I don’t want to do this anymore. Call it a dumb reason, whatever, but I want to live a better life. I don’t want to be bad anymore.”

“You’ve always been lacking up there, but this you just brought it to the next level…” Aria sighed and looked at the oldest siren. “What do we do now?”

“We carry on.” Adagio clenched a fist to a cheek as orange energy pulsed around her lithe form. A figure stepped out from behind her, covered in shadow as it tilted its head up to face Sonata. “Sonata, you’re off the team.”

“You’re not using your Stand against me!” Sonata stepped back, glowing blue now.

“Don’t make us do this, Sonata. We’re just going to put you away so you don’t disrupt our plans.” Adagio widened her poise and flicked one hand to one knee, planting the back of her hand on it.

But Sonata wasn’t having it. “Ocean Eyes!”

“No!” both Adagio and Aria said at once.

Water burst out of the ground under them, coming from one of the pipes leading to the nearby lake. The rush of ice cold water sent Aria sailing back into the steps leading up, but Adagio held her ground, grabbing onto one of the metal beams as her Stand fought against the current of the waterspout. Sonata took this chance to fling one of the doors open as she raced away into the night sky, hearing the roar of her sister behind as she dashed through a line of bushes.

She wiped tears from her eyes as she looked back one last time. They had made their choice and she had made hers. As long as they planned to hurt others, she would have nothing to do with them anymore, no matter how much it hurt.

But just what was she going to do now?

Author's Note:

Thank you for taking the time to read this story/chapter

As the story description says, this is a team effort by Myself, Golden_Reflection, Tokurider45, and Jojoleopard. We decided to do this because me, Golden and Toku posted some good stand ideas that we all decided to use them.

This a new experience for us, so we do hope it pleases to your liking. Until then, see you all in the next chapter.