• Published 11th Apr 2023
  • 156 Views, 2 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Luna's Daughter - The High Priest



when Luna's daughter wakes up to the wasteland she is hit with a challenge to stop a dictator.

  • ...
 2
 156

Chapter 2, Waking Up (Nebula)

Opening my eyes, I’m floating in a vat of orange liquid, and I can feel a mask over my face. Where am I and how did I get here? I think to myself; the last thing I remember was blacking out after jumping through a window. I quickly hear a robotic voice sound.

“Healing session complete. reviving protocol executed, draining system initiated.”

I could feel the orange liquid drawing for the vat and replacing it with water. When the vat fully filled with water it began to drain the water too. When the water fully drained the walls of the vat receded into the floor. I quickly remove the mask over my face and rise to my hooves.

“W-Where am I? How did I get here? What a minute. are those hoof prints?” Walking over I see a place we’re the dust had not settled as heavy as everywhere else. They capsule be hoof prints but it’s hard to tell. I need to find a security room. Maybe there are some cameras I can check the footage of. I do one final scan of the room and notice a package with my name on it. Opening it saw my old saddle bags and a PipBuck but it didn't look like any I’ve seen before. I quickly slide the Pipbuck on my leg and lock it into place. Once it’s fully on it covers most of my leg leaving a few inches before my torso free. Moving my leg around I find it does not impair my legs movement. Turning the pipbuck on I notest it read Prototype PowerBuck. The screen lit up with weight; the first thing to catch my eye was it showed two centuries and two decades have passed. Searching further I noticed an audio recording was present. Using my magic to let it play I was surprised by Pinkie's voice.

“Hi Nebula, if you're hearing this it means I’m dead and you’ve fully recovered. I'm just letting you know you've got a long road in front of you and a hard life behind you, but that’s not my reason for leaving you this. I’m confessing you weren't allowed to fight because I convinced Luna to deny you enlistment. Your enlisting would have led to a worse future. You would have died and Littlepip would have ceased to exist; your death wouldn't have been at the hooves of zebras, but at the hooves of dictator Flurry Heart.”

I was bewildered at hearing that last part. My cousin wouldn't want me dead and she isn’t a dictator. How could Pinkie make such a claim; it’s quite the stretch even for her.

“Now I know it’s hard to believe but it’s true. Flurry has become a dictator over her populace by the time you hear this. The only one who can stop her is you. I’ve left some other gifts scattered across Equestria for you. You should be able to use the PowerBuck’s map to find them.”

Having listened to the recording I began to walk across the room to a door. The door opens up into a hallway with another door at the end the 3 on each side; peeking into one of the side doors I see it similar to the room I was in but showing signs of never being used. I run to the end of the hallway and come to another hall but with signs showing me directions. I start to follow the signs to the security area.

Reaching the security room, I find a pistol and a pair of stable barding with the number 777. I conclude I must be in a stable of some kind, but I've never heard of a stable with the number 777. I put the barding on and place the pistol in my saddle bags and make my way to another part of the security section. I quickly find a room full of monitors. The monitors were viewing cameras all over the stable. I couldn't make sense of what I saw on many of them but I could see the stable door, and it was opening. I could hear the sound through a speaker. I was the only pony here so someone is entering from outside.

I need to figure out who that is. Good thing these cameras appear to have audio. Watching the new arrivals on the monitors: 2 unicorns, 3 Pegasus and a zebra, I didn't recognize any of them but one. “Is that Fluttershy?” I think to myself she looked like her but much older and in a wheelchair. They start talking and I decide to listen in the way they say.

“So this is Stable 777. What experiment did you use Nebula’s remains for?”

“The experiment was for testing a new healing device called the Phoenix Chamber. The chamber was supposed to heal the occupant of any injury and even revive them.”

“Really that's great could we-”

“Tests showed it doesn't work if the body is completely dead, only alive. Nebula's remains were taken to see if it could work on some pony who was brain dead.”

My blood ran cold at hearing what I just heard. I had been brain dead for over 2 centuries. And the Phoenix chamber brought me back to life.

“Hey, look over here. There appears to be hoof prints leading this way.”

I quickly saw they were now heeded my way. Without a second thought I drew the piston from my saddle bags and took a defensive stance. They could be friendly but I couldn't take that risk; my paranoia had taken effect. When they entered the room they gasped at me. Fluttershy withdrew a cane and made to get out of the wheelchair. The older unicorn tried to stop her but she gave the unicorn a whack on the hoof with her cane. I placed my pistol back into my saddle bags once Fluttershy walked to me

“Welcome back Nebula.”

“Uh Hi Fluttershy. What's happened in the 220 years I’ve been brain dead?”

“ What, what made you-”

“These cameras have audio.”

“Oh, well…that's not the full story. When your body was recovered you were deemed brain dead, but after a CT scan was carried out it showed activity was returning to the brainstem.”

“Like a Canterlot ghoul.”

At my confused expression one of the pegasi started to explain. After hearing a lengthy explanation on ghouls I managed to put 2 and 2 together.

“So I was turned into a ghoul when pink cloud flooded the school.”

“We call it the Little Horn massacre. Now we should tell you our names; I’m Calamity, this is my brother Windsher, my wife Velvet, and our daughter Violet.”

“Nebula, when you woke up, why did you come here instead of the exit?”

“I have reason to believe you're not the only ones to visit this place after the bombs fell. When I first woke up I saw what I thought were hoof prints in the dust. I came to this room to look at the footage.”

I quickly saw Violet and Velvet exchange a look of worry.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s who was in possession of the stable's cowardness that led to this stable.”

“Didn’t Fluttershy tell you about this stable?”

“Let's look at that footage before we continue.”