• Published 6th Mar 2023
  • 792 Views, 23 Comments

Cadenza's Inside Story - NightFurySpeedey8156



A group of ponies help Cadance deal with her internal problems head on

  • ...
5
 23
 792

Chapter 1: The Beginning Of The Journey

After a few hours, Cadance was soon surrounded by who she cared for the most and vice versa. These being Twilight, Spike, Celestia, and Luna coming to show support for her. She was grateful to have good friends and family who could come and visit her in such a critical time, it felt as if she had a completely new family by her side.

Nurse Redheart soon returned from elsewhere to speak to Cadance.

"Your highness, him and his companion are here." She announced.

"Good, please send him in." Cadance directed. Nurse Redheart obliged and stepped to the side, revealing the doctor. He was a tall, brown earth pony with a spiky mane. He had a white collar and green bow tie around his neck and wielded a giant brown bag with golden latches.

"Hello everyone, I am Dr. Whooves. I am here to investigate Cadance's illness." He said, a heavy accent in his voice. “And I’ve brought with me my assistant for this procedure, Night Fury” He stepped aside to show a black pony-like jaguar.

"Uh, hello there?"

"He’s quite good at this biological reconfiguration business, perhaps even more than me!" Dr. Whooves said excitedly.

Fury blushed at the acknowledgment. "Well thanks, Doctor, but this isn't about me, we have a sick friend in need here." Fury said, redirecting the attention to Cadance.

"Ahh, yes of course. So, anything that I should know before my examination?" Dr. Whooves asked, reaching into his brown sack.

"Before you got here, Cadance was showing signs of a basic flu. Achy bones and muscles, high temperature, sneezing, and an upset stomach. But over the past few hours, she has been showing more…”

At that moment, Cadance sneezed, and Nurse Redheart’s mane changed to a multi-colored clown-like afro.

“...strange symptoms, with anything out of her body wreaking magical havoc." Nurse Redheart explained. "Her insides are basically a fun house at this point and I have no clue what's causing it."

"Hmm, very strange indeed. Allow me to get a second opinion. Alright your highness, lay on your back and hold still, this may be a little weird." Dr. Whooves said, placing a device on the ground and pressing a button. The device began to whirr and quickly put up a long privacy curtain in the direction of the onlookers, blocking view of everything below Cadance’s neck, causing Cadance to gulp at what was about to happen.

"This won't hurt…will it?" She asked.

"No, but it will feel a little funny." Dr. Whooves warned.

Cadance gritted her teeth in preparation. "Okay…" Within seconds, a cacophony of noises including whirring and vibrating ones flooded the room, with bright flashes from various gadgets and devices lighting up the other side of the privacy curtain.

Cadance for her part made a bunch of odd expressions, ranging from pain to possibly pleasure. "Nghh… that's a bit touchy! Wait where's tha-eek!" The group of supporters winced as they heard what ensued, rapidly changing facial expressions as they listened to her being examined.

After a bit, Cadance, who had her tongue out and eyes derped, was turned around by the machine. Her legs and tail flailed a bit as muffled sounds came from her head. It then turned her around again and she breathed heavily, eyes wide, then burped on the wall, making the paint turn tie-dye in a large splotch. The device then did another, much shorter pass on her rear end, making her squirm, grit her teeth, and wince before it finished up with some final odd popping noises. “Ungh…could’ve at least bought me dinner first, Mr. Whooves…”

Spike giggled a bit. “Good one, Cadance!”

Dr. Whooves rolled his eyes. "Call me The Doctor…and well, I’ve got a pretty good idea of what it is, but I’ll need to feed this data into a machine for analysis, so hold on just one moment." He spoke. He then retrieved another gadget from his sack and deployed it onto a nearby wall. The small device expanded and became a large screen, steel accents adorning the edges.

"This is my Biological Subject Scanner. This device is used for scanning organisms and identifying their biological makeup. Observe." The Doctor pushed a button on the corner of the screen, a radar dish popping up from the top and a robotic voice spoke up.

Checking primary systems… Primary systems online. Activating Bagley Program…

The computer soon gained a symbol, an omega sign. The computer booted up with a ping and soon began speaking.

B: Ah, hello Doctor. You seem healthy as always!

"Yes I am! Everyone, this is Bagley. He's an A.I program that I created not too long ago to assist me with my inventions and adventures."

Twilight’s eyes lit up. “Wow, really?”

B: That I am! It took The Doctor a few years to create me, and it was all worth the wait from megabyte to megapixel. So, what's the deal today, Doctor?

"Our dear friend Cadance has come down with a strange illness and needs our help to cure it. I’ve already done a basic probing." The Doctor said.

B: Ah, I see. Well, let me do a quick scan of her highness and I'll get started combining the data.

Bagley used the radar dish on top of the screen to scan Cadance. She watched as the blue wave of light moved down her body and dissipated.

B: Biological subject scanned, retrieving data and comparing with probe results…

The screen then went black as a digital copy of Cadance's body, outside and inside, appeared on the screen with some information about her.

Subject: Princess Cadance
Blood Type: B+
Species: Alicorn
Current ailment: Cellular Silliness Syndrome

"Cellular Silliness Syndrome!" The Doctor announced. The other creatures in the room wore confused looks as they processed the words.

"Cellular Silliness Syndrome?" They all repeated, The Doctor nodded in affirmation.

"Yes, though it sounds completely preposterous, it is a real illness. Well, so to speak. This rare but very real illness happens when a magical creature's body is stressed and mistakenly sends out magical pulses to try to keep everything in order, eventually causing it to go into a state of chaos as everything goes haywire. The swirling stomach, random spells from sneezing, magical surges, it's all a part of it getting worse." The Doctor explained.

The others in the room looked at each other as the very confusing description ran through their minds. The doctor continued.

"The illness can usually be self-cured by getting some rest and just letting the various parts of the body get themselves in order, but this normally only happens in lower magical beings. Since Cadance is an alicorn, her body’s magic is much more intense than the average pony, constantly filling her systems with powerful mana and energy flow. Which is why this must be faced deep inside!" He declared.

"But how? It's not like there's some medicine that we can give her to fix this." Twilight spoke. The doctor chuckled and began looking through his bag.

"Of course there isn't, the illness is too rare and too fast in progression to have a solid cure or treatment for it, which is why I have my own solution." The doctor said, then walked over to an open part of the room and placed a small metal dish on the ground.

"I suggest you all take a few steps back." The others in the room did so. He pressed a button on the side of the dish and with a bright flash, a large silver pod-like submarine with a glass dome in the front and a large door in the back, alongside a futuristic-looking ray, appeared in the room. The group of friends gawked at the machine, it was like nothing they'd ever seen.

"Holy mackerel, what is it?" Shining Armor asked, Walking up to it.

"This, my friends, is my Pony Exploration and Analysis Submersible for Probing Organic Depths. Or P.E.A.S.P.O.D. for short." The Doctor explained. "This brilliant creation, once shrunken down, can control its rate of unshrinking, enabling it to reach the necessary sizes to explore even the most otherworldly nooks and crannies of this world."

"That sounds like truly a brilliant machine, I am most impressed." Luna spoke, inspecting the makeup of the craft.

"Wait, why does it have 'Probing' in the name?" Spike inquired.

The doctor rubbed the back of his neck with a hoof. "Well, uh, you see, it really will have to go quite deep inside, we can’t just cut her open and do surgery for this..." The doctor said.

“Is this legal?” Twilight asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Uh…hehe…no law against it?” The Doctor said with a shrug while looking away.

"I will have to rework those laws after this, certainly some safeguards will be needed when this isn’t being done with direct royal approval, and I’d rather not deal with what hooligans could get up to if they got inside ponies." Celestia remarked.

Night Fury then spoke up as he walked up to the rest of the group. "Legal issues aside, I know how to steer this baby… And you said we’re going to have to face this illness deep inside…" He listed off, gasping as he realized what was happening, and gulped.

"Of course! This stuff isn’t for some fancy show to make Cadance feel better, I’m suggesting we help Cadance out by going inside her body! That is, you, me, and…Twilight…"

Twilight nervously laughed as she started to sweat.

"Hehe, nice joke. That was pretty funny…" She said, but she was soon turned paralyzed as she saw The Doctor and Night Fury shaking their heads at her.

"You weren't joking, were you?"

"This is outrageous! I refuse to have some random pony prod and pry at my innocent niece's insides!" Luna yelled, clearly distressed by the idea.

Cadance cleared her throat, and suddenly sneezed, making the ceiling shake. “Hey, it’s not up to you! Look, this sounds serious, and it’s only a matter of time until the magic coming out of me stops being so harmless… I wouldn’t know what to do with myself if it hurt somepony, so… let’s do this.”

B: I'm glad you see this as a good idea, Cadance. As our feline friend was previously speaking on, I also believe Twilight would be a good addition on this mission.

"Bagley, why would I be of any use?" She asked.

B: Well, you seem to be fairly adept in the knowledge of many concepts. It would be very helpful to have someone as smart as you on this trip to act as a biological guide for The Doctor and Night Fury.

Twilight sighed. “Right…so…let’s go.”

“Allons-y!” said The Doctor, entering the pod via the airlock in the back.

Night Fury followed soon after, and then behind him was a reluctant Twilight, giving curious looks around as they came into the cabin.

B: To your left, you can see specially made ‘Bio-suits’ that will allow you to remain safe outside the vehicle. An observation bubble is available through the ladder between the airlock door and back seats, giving a full 360 degree range of view. And finally, the pilot seat in front is where the external claws, rays, blasters, scanners, and other functions can be performed. The seats also come with cup holders and heating options as standard.

"Heated seats, really?" Twilight spoke, unamused by the mundane feature as she squeezed into one of the two small back seats.

"Hey, when you go on crazy adventures like this, the least you can do is be comfortable while doing it. Although we’ll be less comfortable than normal with three of us in here…I’m afraid those back seats are a little tight so I can fit all the other features." The Doctor said, taking the pilot seat.

Night Fury got into the seat next to Twilight, right up against her, rather squishing her against the side wall. “Well…I guess it just means we won’t need to run the seat heater much with her butt so close!” He put his foreleg around her shoulders, squishing her a bit less with it no longer between them, and smiled nervously.

Twilight rolled her eyes. “Right…uh…well, it’s definitely cozy! Um, I’ll take a bit of water to put in my cup holder, please.”

"Just be nice, you two." The Doctor warned, turning to the controls as a closed cup with a straw was dispensed with water in it for Twilight.

"Alright, Bagley, let's get this show on the road. Initiate tracking system."

B: Right-o Doctor, beginning the linking process… Tracking system engaged.

"Connect Communication systems…"

B: Initializing Comm link… Communication systems online, connection at 100%.

"Run hull and module diagnostics and display the HUD interface."

B: Roger, displaying… diagnostics report all ready. Activating shrink ray. IMPORTANT: Do not use teleportation while shrunk, as it may confuse your body about its correct size and cause differential unshrinking, a potentially-fatal medical condition!

“...right, teleport while I’m shrunk and my butt might explode, got it…” Twilight said with a gulp, before sipping her water.

“Alert the princesses outside to act fast now that we’re shrinking, we don’t want to get swept under a rug!” The Doctor added.

B: Engaging seatbelts, and alerting…

In moments, the outside view of a very intrigued Luna and Celestia grew larger, and the view slowly came down to their hoof level, before the giant petri dish, now small, was lifted up by Celestia’s magic, and a pipette came down to suck them up inside!

They began tumbling like crazy, with Twilight especially looking freaked as she held onto her cup. She yelled a bit and began breathing heavily.

Night Fury as well seemed freaked, holding Twilight close, and she started to hold him back as the two screamed a bit.

“Sorry for the bumpy ride, but this thing can’t exactly fly… yet!” The Doctor said as suddenly they got hit by a force and shot out into darkness. Soon, all motion stopped, as they heard a wet plop from outside.

“We must be in Cadance’s nostrils now…” remarked Night Fury as he put a paw to his mouth, resisting vomiting.

"Well, now that we're inside, we should do a comms check. Activate headsets." The Doctor instructed. The three of them all turned on the headsets on their ears and began speaking to the outside world.

"Bagley, This is the PeasPod, do you read us?"

B: Loud and Clear, Doctor. You have successfully been put into Cadance's nose.

"Yuck, that sounds like something Shining would do on a dare!" Cadance said. Although her voice sounded normal from the outside, her voice was a booming force that shook the pod on the inside, causing Twilight to fall over onto Night Fury with an “Aah!” while he flailed a bit.

“Um, Cadance, could you please refrain from talking loudly or moving quickly?” The Doctor asked.

Twilight sat back up and gave a nervous chuckle. “It’s not exactly a fun ride in here when you do…” she added.

“...right.” came back a whispered response, accompanied by only a very slight vibration of the pod.

B: Alright everyone, here's the plan. You are going to have to take on the smallest misbehaving system to the largest, and the smallest is Cadance's immune system. There is no simple way to say this, but you will have to get into her bloodstream to calm her cells and reduce her mucus buildup. I’ve detected a blood vessel nearby to the pod’s current position.

“Right…navigating. It’ll take a little bit to get us there in this mucus.” The Doctor said.

The pod shuddered and jerked about a bit as the propellers began pushing it through the extremely-viscous mucus.

“So…the whole ride won’t be this bad, right?” Twilight asked.

“Shouldn’t be!” The Doctor replied. “But…well, do try to not fall over as much. It takes a little bit of getting used to…aha, we’re here!” He pressed a button to activate a drill on one of the robotic arms.

"The Doc is right, this isn't an easy job. I've been an assistant of his for a while, so I'm used to taking a few hits. And I would suggest you try and get used to it too." Night Fury suggested. Twilight nodded as the drill deployed and The Doctor began speaking.

"Okay, Cadance, we're going to enter your bloodstream through your nose. You may feel a little something…" He spoke, aiming the drill towards the blood vessel and beginning the drilling process. Cadance felt a slight twinge in her nose as they did their work, but it was a little too much for her to hold back on.

B: Oncoming sneeze detected, activating emergency external clamps!

"Uh oh…” Night Fury said.