• Published 20th Feb 2023
  • 964 Views, 20 Comments

The Many Talents of Sunset Shimmer - SonicSpeedster97



Sunset Shimmer tells her friends how she picked up her various talents.

  • ...
0
 20
 964

Sunset Shimmer: Motocross Maestro

Rarity smiled as she locked her car and walked toward the door of Canterlot High, happy to see her friends waiting for her until she saw a face missing. “Hm. Where’s Sunset? She’s usually here before all of us aside from Rainbow Dash.” she asked.

“I don’t know. Maybe she slept in too far.” Rainbow smirked; they all knew what a heavy sleeper Sunset was, so this idea didn’t seem too farfetched.

But the truth instead came with the rumbling of an engine approaching the school. The girls all looked and saw a bright red sports bike with teal hot-rod flames rumbling over to the curb near the side of the building before it parked, and the driver took off their helmet to reveal a familiar face and flaming head of hair. Sunset seemed a bit too distracted by something else to notice her friends’ impressed remarking at her bike, but it became clear what exactly she was thinking of when she stood up and almost doubled over, cringing as she held her left leg.

Spike was the first to plod over to her. “Are you okay Sunset?”

“Yeah. Yeah, I’m- I’m fine Spike; just… just a really bad cramp.” Sunset groaned in pain as she rubbed her leg. “Think I forgot my stretches last night; I had to limp to get my bike.”

“And a sweet-looking bike it is,” Rainbow remarked as she walked over and slung Sunset’s arm over her shoulder. “Sorry about the circumstances; you gonna be okay?”

“Yeah, I’ll be fine in a few minutes.” Sunset shrugged as her friends helped her into the school.

“Just long enough for you to tell us how you got into motorcycling in the first place, darling,” said Rarity. “First you were chosen for motocross in the Friendship Games and now this beast?” She pointed back at Sunset’s bike as they went inside.

“Girl’s gotta get around town somehow. And I hate the bus.” Sunset shrugged.

“But how do you even qualify for a license? I mean, you’re basically an alien. In both senses of the word.” Twilight pointed out.

“I know. Let’s just say that when I came here from Equestria, one of the first things I got good at was leaving a paper trail.” Sunset explained vaguely, but it was enough for the girls to figure it out; Sunset had dabbled in counterfeiting papers. Yet another in a long list of crimes they’d have to cover up for their friend. “Plus, I’m a quick study. I aced Driver’s Ed in like a month and qualified for a motorcycle license a few weeks after that.”

“You don’t do it that often,” Rainbow noted, clearly reminding her friend of all the times she hadn’t seen Sunset on a bike.

“Only when I really need to; grocery runs, stuff like that.” Sunset shrugged. “My house is in a really good spot in town; everything’s within walking distance.”

“S’pose you lucked out there, then,” Applejack noted. “Bike helps out a lot in times like this though, huh?”

“You better believe it,” Sunset smirked as she stopped rubbing her leg. “Okay, cramp’s gone. Finally.” Rainbow smiled as she let Sunset onto her feet.

“If it acts up again, let us know.” Rainbow smiled. “We gotcha.”

“Thanks. See you in class.” Sunset smiled as she walked away. She was still hobbling a bit, but it was definitely better and the story she’d told her friends helped take her mind off the pain.

Two talents down, many more to go.