• Published 21st Jan 2023
  • 783 Views, 102 Comments

The Amphibious Hope - TheClownPrinceofCrime



The Heroes of Equestria make an alliance with the Heroes of Amphibia to defeat The Core and save Equestria.

  • ...
2
 102
 783

Chapter 8: Healing Old Wounds

“So how will we catch them by surprise? Knowing the Core, they’ll just increase their security and triple their defenses.”

“That’s just the thing, Anne. The robot will be so focused on looking at the windshield,” Discord said, turning into a windshield with wipers on. “…it won’t know what will hit ‘em from behind.”

“Oooohh, so that means we can still use the element of surprise?”

“Precisely!” Discord affirmed, his paw forming into a check mark.

“Great! I’m gonna tell my friends what’s up.”

“Your friends?” Spike wondered.

“Yeah, Sasha and Marcy. I’m not the only one who’s experienced some hardcore stuff, y’know,” Anne smirked.

“Speaking of trauma buddies, how about they join us in a little get-together, hm? They wouldn’t want to miss out!” Discord suggested.

“Uh, isn’t Anne more than enough for—,”

“Great idea! They’re so gonna freak out when they see you guys!” Anne agreed.

Angrily snarling, Spike clenched his fist and turned to the draconequus. “Discord, we need to talk…”

“Oh boy, are you planning to share a secret with me? Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone!” he excitedly whispered.

He grabbed Discord’s tail and rushed upstairs to the hallway. He found the bathroom and decided to go there. As he closed the door, he glared daggers at him. “Geez, Spike, what’s going on? Are you about to do your dragon business…in here…with me?” he asked, having a suggestive look on his face.

“Cut it out, dude! I’m sick and tired of you constantly wasting our time! Don’t you have any idea how serious this is?! At this time, we should already be back in Equestria, kick the Core’s butt, and save what remains of our home! But we aren’t!!”

Discord was taken aback by his outburst. “Spike…I was just—,”

“If I didn’t know any better, I think you’re intentionally delaying our mission just so that you can goof around—almost like you don’t want to help save our friends,” Spike accused.

“Spike! How can you…?!”

“LISTEN TO ME! Twilight is probably suffering right now, and we—I am not there to help her!” Then Spike proceeded to fall on his knees and weep. “Ever since that monster took her, I…I…felt guilty. I wasn’t there to save her—to protect her. I should’ve been there with her when she lashed out at us and ran to her room…crying. I felt like I wanted to give up…but I didn’t. *growls* And I wanted to get my claws on that thing for whatever it did to her.”

Discord stood still as he listened.

“That’s why I’ve urgently wanted to complete this mission as soon as possible. I care about Equestria, Discord. Why won’t you?”

Discord offered tissues as Spike continued to cry. As the latter wiped off his tears, the draconequus laid his arm on his shoulder and sat down next to him.

“Spike…I…*sigh*…I’m gonna be honest with you. I…wanted to be away from Equestria for a while.”

“What?”

“It’s true. Because, like you, I felt guilty over what happened. Twenty-seven years ago—right after we defeated Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow—there was a pool of random portals up in Equestria’s atmosphere. I didn’t know where they came from or how they were splattered all over the sky, but I cleaned them up.”

“Thankfully, no creature came out of those portals,” Discord continued. “I theorized that the rainbow magic you and our friends used to defeat the villains was the cause of the abnormal phenomena. I wasn’t sure if I had to inform Twilight of what I saw because I didn’t think it was that important. I was wrong.”

“When I witnessed the Core taking over Equestria, it suddenly hit me—it came through one of the portals.”

Spike gasped in shock.

“I can’t remember if I accidentally overlooked or didn’t outright notice that portal, but…” Discord weakly muttered the last word as he also shed tears. “…I failed Equestria. First, I betrayed Twilight by siding with Tirek, then ruined her coronation through my whole Grogar charade, and now this…”

“I…didn’t know any of this. Why didn’t you tell me before?”

“Because I was afraid of what you would think of me—how it would affect our friendship.”

Spike then lowered his head and pondered his thoughts.

“I think we both have much to reflect on. We both feel guilty about what happened, and…”

“We wish we could have done something to prevent that from happening,” Discord finished.

“However, we can’t let that stop us from doing what is right. What we do now is what matters,” Spike encouraged.

“Indeed. And I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner. From now on, no more secrets between us,” Discord promised.

“I think I owe you an apology as well. Even though I find you a little annoying, just remember you’re still my friend. I often don’t treat you as such, and for that, I’m sorry.”

“That’s all behind us now. Regardless of how powerful Gloam Fall is, we’ll take them down together! The Lord of Chaos, Spike the Mighty, and a band of weirdos! Saving the day!!” Discord happily declared. He and Spike wore superhero capes while a gust of wind made them hover in the air.

“On a side note, I didn’t know you actually care about what I think. Fluttershy made you that soft, huh?” Spike grinned.

Discord blushed. “Well…um…just wanted to be courteous…”

“Seriously, I’m surprised you haven’t married her yet.”

“Alright, Spike, no more jellybean crackers for you!” Discord shouted.

“I’m kidding, I’m kidding!” Spike laughed. “See? I can make jokes too.”

“Ha, very funny, Spike,” Discord muttered.

“Anyway, our friends are waiting. Let’s go.”

As they went back downstairs, Anne and the Plantars were already preparing to depart. “Sasha and Marcy are at the mall having lunch. Oh, and remember to wear disguises before heading out!”

“Way ahead of you, my dear!” Discord smiled, snapping his fingers.

The frogs dressed up in their same old disguises whereas Spike wore a trench coat, a fedora, and a beard.

“Finally! It’s about time I wear some human clothes,” said Spike. Then he slightly stretched the back of the coat. “Uh, although I wish there was…mm!…more room for my wings!”

“Sorry, dude, that’s all I can find for you,” replied Anne.

“Unless you want to be a motor vehicle again,” Discord smugly suggested.

“On second thought, this feels great. Moving out!” Spike accepted, quickly exiting the door.

“Be careful, Anne.”

“Get back home safe.”

“I will, Mom…Dad. Love you guys,” Anne responded, sadly smiling.

As she left with the others, Mrs. Boonchuy looked at the clock. “My shift doesn’t start until three hours from now. Wanna watch a sci-fi movie?”

“Oh, definitely! I’ll choose which one we’ll watch!” Mr. Boonchuy squealed, rushing to the living room.

“You already chose last time. It’s my turn!” the mom replied.


“No way! This movie made 400+ million at the box office?!” Sasha exclaimed, looking at her phone.

“I know right? That’s pretty good results compared to other recent films,” Marcy said, eating her french fries.

“Hopefully, it’ll make more because it was such a breath of fresh air after all the horrible sequels this franchise made over the years. It’s about time we see some actual creativity for once!” Sasha added, eating her chili beans.

A few minutes later, Anne and the others approached her two best friends in the middle of a mall cafe. She hugged them from behind without warning. “Guess who?”

“Haha, Anne! What’s up, girlfriend?”

“Hey, Anne! How are ya?”

“Ah, nothing much. Just a little surprise I think you gals will love.”

“Oooohhh, a surprise? This should be good!” Sasha grinned.

“Now, try not to scream or anything because we’re in public. Look who showed up today…” Anne whispered. The frogs approached the girls and revealed their faces to them.

Sasha and Marcy widened their eyes and dropped their jaws, utterly dumbfounded. They struggled to find words to express their shock but could only mutter unintelligible sounds.

Marcy even grabbed her purse and covered her entire face with it, quietly screaming on it.

Sasha cleared her throat, got up, threw away what remained of her lunch into the trash, and stared right at the ceiling.

Growing bored of this, Discord snapped his fingers and teleported all of them off the mall.

They appeared in an abandoned warehouse. This took Sasha and Marcy by surprise as they looked around and saw they were in an entirely different location.

“What the…? How the heck—? What just happened??”

“Hehe…I’ll let him explain…” Anne nervously chuckled.

Discord revealed himself in the midst of fireworks. “Hello, my dear friends!! Discord, the Lord of Chaos, at your service!” He picked out a dozen poker cards from his beard and made them all dance in circles around him.

“And this is my ever-so-mighty companion, Spike the Dragon!” Discord introduced. On cue, Spike removed his disguise and opened his large wings. He flew around the flabbergasted girls.

“Hey, hey, hey, there! Pleased to meet ya!”

“……I…have so many questions…” Marcy said, barely blinking an eye.

“I have only two: 1) What the heck are you supposed to be? 2) Is that a talking dragon?!” Sasha yelled.

“At this point, I shouldn’t be surprised. If talking frogs exist, why not talking dragons?” Marcy reasoned.

“But I am more surprised to see you guys back!” Sasha exclaimed, facing the Plantars. “Is Grime okay?! Are Percy and Braddock okay?!”

“Are Olivia and Yunan alright? I miss them so much!” Marcy added, violently shaking Hop Pop.

“Don’t worry, they’re fine! And you both may be wondering how we got here,” Sprig said. “Discord teleported us here so that we can ask Anne for her help. How so? He’s got some all-powerful magical powers of some sort.”

“Oh yeah, he does,” Polly agreed, staring at a picture of Discord she took earlier.

“Is it wrong I feel a little creeped out by the way she’s staring at me?” Discord whispered to Spike.

“That’s just fangirls for ya.”

“But anyway, we got some bad news—*ahem* the Core is back…and he has taken over a world called Equestria—where Spike and Discord come from. We have to help them save their world before it’s too late,” Sprig concluded.

“The Core…is…back…?? Is—is this a joke?” Sasha replied, stammering in shock.

“I know, Sash, I was shocked to my core as well,” said Anne.

“(Snickers) To her core,” Discord laughed. “Good one.”

“No pun intended!” Anne shouted. “Listen, I thought this was supposed to be all over, but it seems like I was wrong. I know how hard it is for you to accept, but—,”

“Stop…no. This…cannot be,” Marcy muttered, slowly sliding down on the ground. She covered her face as she shook in absolute horror.

“Hey, buddy, this isn’t funny!! If this is your idea of a joke, it is in terrible taste!” Sasha snapped at Discord.

“I wish I was lying, but I’m not. See for yourself,” he responded. Discord once again presented a panoramic view of the Core ruling Equestria.

Gloam Fall ignited their horn and sent a spell toward the Unity Crystals. The Crystals emitted a wave of magic across the land, moving the ponies to bow down and worship the tyrant. As soon as they hugged and greeted each other, the possessed alicorn smirked in satisfaction.

Sasha trembled at the sight, sweat dripping all over her face. Marcy, on the other hand, refused to look at those same orange eyes she once feared.

“That’s impossible. Anne killed that thing! How in the heck did it survive?!” Sasha exclaimed.

“I have no idea, but what’s worse is it possessed my sister—my BEST FRIEND! I won’t stand by while that monster uses her as a weapon for evil!” Spike replied, growling in anger.

“I promised these guys that I’ll help, and I was wondering if you—,”

Sasha suddenly bellowed in fierce wrath. “WHY WON’T THAT ABOMINATION STAY DEAD?!? AFTER EVERYTHING WE’VE BEEN THROUGH, THE CORE STILL LIVES?!” She grabbed a random crowbar and impaled the garage door with it.

“Of course I’m gonna help! But this time, we’re gonna make sure it becomes dust…FOREVER!!” she finished.

Discord and Spike stood still while their pupils shrunk. Discord’s eyes drained themselves of their yellow color down the toilet, and he had to pour lemonade on his sclera to turn them yellow again.

“Remind me to never get on her bad side.”

“Ditto,” Spike nodded.

“What about you, Mar-Mar?” Anne asked.

Wiping off her tears, Marcy took a deep breath and relaxed. “I believe you guys. And while I trust you will save your home world….I can’t come.”

“Huh?”

“I just can’t. Not after all the heartbreak and suffering I endured. You guys can go. I’ll stay here to help keep our families safe.”

Sasha and Anne looked at each other and nodded in agreement. Then they gave Marcy a big hug.

“We respect that, Marcy.”

“And we won’t let any of you guys down. We will save the multiverse once and for all,” added Sasha.

As they broke the hug, Anne and Sasha regrouped with the others.

“But in case you ever change your mind, you can always use this,” Discord suggested, tossing a purple remote control to her.

“Alright, big guy, let’s go back to Amphibia!”said Anne.

Thus, they vanished within a white flash. As Marcy thought back on her old adventures and remembered her green calamity powers she used to fight the Core’s army, she sadly smiled.

Then she opened the garage door and left. “(Sigh) Good times…”