• Published 21st Jan 2023
  • 783 Views, 102 Comments

The Amphibious Hope - TheClownPrinceofCrime



The Heroes of Equestria make an alliance with the Heroes of Amphibia to defeat The Core and save Equestria.

  • ...
2
 102
 783

Chapter 12: The Final Battle part 2

All the ponies stopped fighting the toads once they saw the monstrous crustacean stand above the clouds. What was once the City of Canterlot has now become the face of the Core.

The ponies stepped backwards in fear. “What the heck is that thing?!”

“Hold on…is that the Emperor?”

“Look! It’s the General!”

Feisty sat on the throne, controlling all the movements of the monster with Twilight’s crown. The Core eyed all the inhabitants of the land and spotted its enemies down below.

“Equestria, our enemies have grown desperate! It is up to me and General Feisty to finish them for the salvation of your souls! We will triumph, and we will reign supreme!” The Core declared.

But instead of cheering, the ponies were still frightened. They fearfully ran off back to their homes in Ponyville.

The Core looked on in confusion. “Impossible. Why aren’t they listening?”

“Don’t mind them, boss. We still have these creatures to deal with. Once we destroy them, then my fellow ponies will grow to appreciate our newfound power,” Feisty replied.

The Core wickedly chuckled. “I like the way you think, my dear. Proceed with the attack!”

“On it!”

As she navigated the monster’s movements, the latter lifted its tail and slammed it on the ground—causing a tremor across the land. The impact sent our heroes flying in the air.

Getting back up, they readied their next move.

“Alright, guys, new plan: Sprig, Discord, and I will create a diversion to draw the Core away from town. Anne, Sasha, you girls will deliver a surprise attack while it focuses on us. Once it’s down to its knees, then we will combine our power to take it down for good!” Spike commanded.

“Hmm, sounds fair to me,” concurred Olivia.

“Hop Pop and Polly, keep Twilight safe,” he ordered, gently placing the unconscious alicorn on the soft grass.

“Don’t worry, Spike. She’s in good hands,” Hop Pop promised.

Then Spike, Discord, and Sprig glared back at the monster who was busy attacking the frogs and newts. The trio launched up in the air and prepared their attacks.

“Hey, bone heads, think fast!” Sprig challenged, slinging a mushroom bomb.

The mushroom struck the beast on its right cheek, exploding on impact. However, it only served to catch its attention with little to no damage.

Growling in annoyance, the Core raised its claw and tried to swipe at the trio. They dodged the attack, and Spike decided to breathe fire at its legs.

The fire did cause some minor pain, making it groan. This gave Discord an idea.

“You know what folks say: ‘The bigger they are, the harder they fall’. They always have their biggest weakness…” he smirked, snapping his fingers.

Giant feathers appeared around the crustacean. They tickled its legs relentlessly, but the monster made no laugh or giggle. Instead, it stared blankly at the trio.

“Well…seems like they’re not ticklish…” Discord muttered, snapping the feathers away.

The Core swiped its claws again and struck the ground, causing an earthquake across the landscape.

“Watch out!”

Everyone braced for impact, but none of the Amphibians or Equestrians were hurt at all. The beast received a surprising kick to the underbelly—making it tremble to the ground.

It looked down to see Anne and Sasha beaming with chaos magic. Smiling smugly, they lifted the beast with all their might. “You ain’t through with us yet!” said Anne.

They threw it back down on the ground face-first. Cracking their knuckles, the girls flew around the monster within lightning speed. They spun so fast they created a tornado that was big enough to carry it. The tornado threw it off-balance, casting it all the way on an empty space of land.

“Agh!! Who are those creatures anyway?! They’re beating us!” Feisty exclaimed, sweating excessively.

“Those were the sources of my initial demise,” the Core sourly replied. “But do not fear them. Their destruction is at hand!”

“Well, whatever they are, if they’re protecting our enemies, then we must destroy them too!” Feisty declared, motioning the monster to get up.

The Core angrily roared and shot fiery missiles from its shoulders. However, Anne and Sasha held hands, danced, and then spun around. That managed to re-direct the missiles right back at the Core, striking it on all sides.

The beast groaned in pain.

As they were fighting it, Spike and company noticed the Unity Crystals were still hovering high in the sky.

“The Unity Crystals!” Spike pointed. He flew out to get them back. But before he could even touch them, something shocked him and pushed him back.

“Hey, what gives?!”

“Seems like they’re protected by some sort of force field,” observed Sprig. “You guys have anything to disable it?”

“Twilight can, but she can’t do anything if she’s unconscious,” Discord informed.

“Unless we get to the Core and force it to hand the crystals over to us,” suggested Gallus, arriving on the scene with his friends behind him.

Silverstream and Smolder gently laid the wounded Sandbar on the grass.

“Sandbar! What happened? Are you alright?” Spike asked.

“I’m…(winces)…doing fine. I’ll make it!” Sandbar groaned, trying to smile.

“Yona smash bad pony!! She hurt Sandbar!!”

“I believe we have bigger problems. Literally!” Sprig reminded, pointing at the rampaging monster.

The Core smacked the Calamity Duo towards the debris and slammed their claws on them. However, the girls slowly lifted the claws from their backs with all their raw strength; in an instant, they threw it around and around until they let go.

The beast flew in the air until it landed on the ground, leaving a massive crater thereof.

The monster got back up on its feet and roared again. Before it could stretch out its claws towards the girls, multiple fireballs struck it. It turned its head to see Ember and her dragons hovering in the air together.

“It’s time for payback, you two! We dragons will show you what happens when you mess with us!” Ember shouted.

Following her, all the dragons circled in and breathed fire all at once at the Core. However, its eyes fired laser beams to counter the flames.

The beams disoriented the dragons, causing them to spin out of control. They crashed down on the ground one by one.

The crustacean triumphantly chucked. We are invincible! We are indestructible! We are inevitable!”

“And we are edible!” Discord cried, mimicking the Core’s voice. Everyone looked at him weird.

“What? Nobody likes seafood?” Discord asked, casually eating a krabby patty.

Anne and Sasha flew down and rejoined the heroes. “These guys won’t stop! No matter how many times we beat them, they still won’t budge!”

“And two people alone aren’t enough! We’re gonna have to fight them altogether!” Sasha added.

“That’s exactly the plan,” Spike nodded. Then he turned his attention to the draconequus. “Hey, Discord, remember how we defeated the Treacherous Trio?”

“Yes?”

“What if we try that again, but this time, we all partake in the friendship formation—you included,” Spike grinned.

This surprised Discord. “I’m…taking part in it this time? Me? What—,”

“Gather around, everybody! Form a circle! Hold each other’s hands!”

“What are we doing?”

“Just follow my lead,” Spike instructed. Everyone did so and gathered around.

“Uh, that’s an oval. Make it more…circlely?” Spike corrected. Then they got into a more accurate shape.

“That’s better. Okay, listen, some of you already know that friendship will always be our form of defense. Together, we can create rainbow magic that can hopefully destroy the Core. Only then will we be able to save Equestria!” Spike spoke.

“And Amphibia!” Sprig added.

“And Earth!” Anne also added.

Discord was trying to process what was happening. “I don’t understand. Why me too? I…don’t really deserve to be—,”

“A part of this? Yeah, this may come off as a shock to you,” Spike replied. “After everything you’ve done to help Equestria—despite the mistakes you’ve done—I think you deserve something…more, y’know?”

This made Discord slightly tear up. “Wow…I don’t know what to say…”

“I believe you deserve it, Discord. Sure, it was a long journey, but you’ve earned it.”

“Uh, guys, sorry to interrupt this emotional moment, but we need to hurry!” Grime urged, seeing the creature angry.

All at once, Spike, Discord, the Plantars, the Calamity Duo, the Heroic Six, Olivia, Yunan, and Grime glowed up and were lifted high in the air.

“What about Twilight?”

“Don’t worry, Discord. We can do this with or without her. This is for her,” Spike replied.

As they got face-to-face with the monster, Feisty and the Core stared at them in puzzlement. Then they shook off their confusion and set their target on the group.

“Let’s do this!” Spike shouted. He and his friends glowed up brightly and closed their eyes.

“Oh, man, this feels weird. I never felt so…magical before!” said Yunan.

“Tell me about it!” Olivia agreed.

“Ugh, this magic stuff is making me wish I didn’t eat those red beets in the first place!” Hop Pop grunted, trying not to gag.

“So this is how it feels…” Grime muttered, relishing the magic.

“Infinite POWER!” Polly proudly cried.

Anne and Sasha grinned at each other as they felt more ready than ever to unleash their ultimate attack.

“Pathetic fools! There is no escape!” Feisty sneered.

“Who said anything about escaping?” Spike retorted, smirking.

Everyone channeled the rainbow magic from the midst of their circle formation; the magic shot up into the sky until it descended upon the tyrants.

“And what is that supposed to—OH!!”

“Of course…” said the Core, remembering how the Treacherous Trio were defeated.

The rainbow magic smote them in one massive explosion, fireworks flying everywhere.

Then everyone slowly got back down on the ground, the magic dissipating. Once the smoke was cleared, they saw the injured monster laying on the broken, charred ground.

Still, the Core opened its eyes and extended its right claw.

“I underestimated you. Nevertheless, your resistance is nothing more than meaningless,” it coldly taunted.

“I’m not surprised you guys are still stubborn to the end,” Spike remarked. “Give up the Unity Crystals and make it easy for yourselves.”

Feisty sinisterly laughed. “That’s not gonna happen.”

The Core signaled a call to other parts of Equestria through the beast’s antenna. The sound waves spread to every major city in the land. Once they struck the highest buildings of every city, they began to glow orange.

The skyscrapers emerged from the concrete, grew legs, and opened eyes. All the ponies looked and beheld the arising monsters in horror.

The ponies screamed and ran for their lives; the buildings roared and started to demolish every non-sentient skyscraper around them.

Hearing the roars from a far distance, Discord flew up and zoomed his eyes on every commotion occurring. He gasped at the terrifying sight.

“Looks like the sore loser decided to turn random buildings into sore losers as well,” Discord confirmed.

“Why are you doing this, Feisty?! You’re willing to terrorize your fellow ponies?!” Spike exclaimed.

“Please, they have no idea who’s behind this—for now,” the unicorn smirked. “Soon, they’ll figure out it was the non-ponies who brought them to life with their crafty magic. And in due time, they’ll become so mad they’ll wipe out every single one of you! Then my revenge will be complete!” Feisty monologued, evilly laughing.

“Um, I’m pretty sure there aren’t any non-ponies who have that kind of magical power,” Discord corrected.

“Oh. Well, in that case, I can frame you for this act.”

“That would make a lot more sense,” Discord agreed. Then his eyes shot back opened with dreadful realization. “Wait… oh no…”

“That’s right, tough guy. You think your infamous betrayals were hard enough? This one will top them all!!” Feisty bragged.

“No! You can’t do this! I won’t let you!” Discord cried out.

Before he could snap his fingers, the Core zapped him with a magical frisbee. He exploded into tiny pieces before he resembled himself back into his normal stature.

“Not so fast, draconequus. The alicorn magic from this beautiful crown allows me to counter your chaotic magic,” the Core explained. “I can predict your every move now.”

“Face it, Discord. You’ve always been a disappointment in life; you betrayed your friends twice—teaming up with Tirek and pretending to be an old goat just to free Equestria’s most dangerous foes. How pathetic!” Feisty taunted him.

Discord looked down in shame.

“Now ponies will think you’ve gone rogue for the third time. You know the saying, ‘Strike three and you’re out’. They’ll hunt you down for the evil villain you are.”

“You’re wrong, Feisty!” Spike defended. “Discord has never been a disappointment—not to his friends. He’s always shown his weird chaotic way of being a good friend. Yes, he’s screwed up many times, but that’s what makes him different. Despite his chaotic nature, he’s demonstrated in more ways than one that he cares about those he loves. And I’m proud to call him my best friend.”

Discord sadly smiled.

“Besides, he’s twice the hero than you’ll ever be!” Smolder added.

“You called him a villain, but you forgot to look at yourself through a mirror! And honestly, you’re even worse than the Storm King!” Silverstream lashed out.

Feisty dropped her jaw in pure shock.

“You’re NOT even a hero! You murdered so many lives over the past seven years, and you STILL consider yourself better than the likes of Chrysalis, Cozy Glow, or Lord Tirek?!You’re not just a hypocrite, you’re also legitimately insane!” Gallus added.

Feisty’s eyes then turned blood red. The Core could have sworn it heard a tiny blood vessel pop around her lower neck.

“Words…cannot describe the sheer wrath I have for these creatures. I was called many things throughout my life, but this—that does it. No one—and I mean, no one…calls. Me. Worse. Than. The…STORM KING!!!!!!!!” Feisty madly screamed.

Her rage alone was able to rejuvenate the crustacean. It got back on its feet, swatted the Equastrains and Amphibians away, and released the Unity Crystals from its force field.

“Well done, my friend. Now we can use the Unity Crystals to travel back to Amphibia and Earth,” said the Core. It tapped the crystals in a specific order, registering the code.

Then the crystals emitted a horizontal beam to the open air and created a massive portal.

Anne, Sasha, and Sprig looked on in horror.

“No, no, no, this can’t be happening again!” Sprig panicked.

The Core made its way towards the portal which was a few miles from Ponyville.

But before the heroes could interfere again, the Core shot electric ropes at all of them. The ropes tied them up automatically which prevented them from making even a slight movement.

“NOOO!!” Anne shouted.

The beast maliciously hissed as it resumed its path towards the portal. Our heroes hung their heads in defeat as they watched the Core slowly approach the inter-dimensional gateway.

Suddenly, it felt its legs restricted by something unnaturally strong. It looked down and saw Applejack and her family restraining it with their lassos.

“What is this?!”

After that, Rainbow Dash and the Wonderbolts zoomed across the dark clouds and zigzagged their punches to its face.

“Aww, yeah! Back in the flash, baby!” Rainbow proudly shouted.

That’s when all the unicorns showed up: Rarity, Starlight, Sunburst, Trixie, the FlimFlam brothers, Tempest Shadow, Vinyl Scratch, Stellar Flare, Firelight, Twilight’s parents, Party Favor, Sugar Belle, Moondancer, and a few others.

They sent their magical ropes around the Core’s legs, helping the Apple family.

Then it felt a few sweet objects launch into its mouth. Accidentally swallowing them, its belly felt an explosive sugar rush.

“IT’S PARTY TIME!!” Pinkie declared, dropping from the sky with confetti and cupcakes.

“Are you kidding me?! Now?!” Feisty exclaimed.

“Okay, everypony, discipline this bad creature!” Fluttershy commanded.

All the birds appeared out of nowhere and began to peck at the Core’s eyes. It shrieked in pain.

“Pinkie Pie? Rainbow Dash? Rarity? They’re all here!” Spike cheered.

“Great to see you both in one piece!” Fluttershy waved.

“Right back at you, my dear!” Discord waved back.

“And we brought a new friend!” Pinkie informed.

A bright green light shined beneath the clouds; once it got everybody’s attention, a smug human was seen standing in the air with her fists clenched.

“Sorry, guys, I’m late. Did I miss anything?”

Anne and Sasha widened their eyes in pure happiness. “MARCY!!!”

“Master Marcy!” Olivia cried.

“Oh no…” the Core fearfully muttered.

Marcy descended to lower ground and zapped at the Core with her fair portion of chaos magic. Her blasts destroyed several eyes of the Core while sparing the main ones.

“Remember me, Aldrich?! Wanna have a blast from your past?!” Marcy mocked, cracking her knuckles. “Hehehe, that’s a good one-liner. Gotta use that more often.”

Then she punched the Core in the jaw so hard all its mandibles broke off. It stumbled to the ground, groaning in discomfort.

Then she set everyone free from their restraints.

“Marcy, you came back! What changed your mind?” Sasha welcomed.

“Just wanna get some payback…and to relive the nostalgia…sort of,” Marcy replied, blushing. The three girls shared a group hug.

“Spikey-Wikey, thank Celestia you’re alright!” said Rarity, hugging Spike on his lower body.

“Um, Rarity, not in public,” Spike whispered.

“Sorry, darling, I’m just so used to calling you that.”

“I’m glad you guys are okay, and your help is very timely. But we got some bigger issues on our hands now.”

“Yeah, we noticed, Spike. Those old buildings will be reconstructed soon,” replied Rainbow, giving Pinkie Pie a hoof-bump.

“Really? Already?”

“Of course, darling! Everypony saw those ruffians tear up our cities, so with Marcy’s magic, we were able to locate those disasters and deal with them swiftly,” replied Rarity.

“I took pictures of them! See?” Pinkie showed snapshots of the monstrous buildings tied up with bow ties and showered with carrot cakes.

“This remote came in handy. I wonder if I can play video games with magic?” Marcy wondered.

“Huh. It came in full circle after all,” Discord grinned.

Then Spike noticed something happening in the sky: a couple more cracks were seen on the Unity Crystals.

“Umm…guys?”

“ENOUGH!!” Feisty yelled, knocking out the unicorns with the beast’s magic.

“We will go through this portal and reorganize the cosmos according to the will of Equestria! So no more delays!!” Feisty growled, putting more pressure on her horn.

However, unbeknownst to both her and the Core, the cracks on the crystals made the portal weakly flicker.

“The Unity Crystals are slowly losing power!” Spike alerted.

“But…but that means—,” Discord gasped in realization. “The ponies are still divided.”

“But how? We’re all here n’ workin’ together!” Applejack doubted.

“Um, does that answer your question?” Grime pointed. Behind them were dozens of random earth ponies arguing with the Pegasi.

“Seriously?! In a time like this?!” Rainbow ranted.

“We can’t lose our magic now! Equestria depends on it!” Rarity cried.

“But hold on…if the magic is vanquished, then they won’t be able to reach Amphibia or Earth. And we will all be safe!” Discord explained.

“But without the magic…then how will we live our lives?” Spike asked.

“Wait, wait, is this supposed to be a ‘pick your poison’ type of situation?” Anne chimed in. “From what I’m hearing, you guys need magic so that you can do whatever you normally do, but on the other hand, the Core and…what’s her name again?”

“Feisty.”

“Ohh, she certainly lives up to that name. Anyway, they need it to gain access to my home world and Amphibia. But the magic has to somehow disappear to prevent that from happening. Did I leave out anything?”

“Nope, that’s pretty much it.”

“Yeeeeah, that’s gonna suck, I bet,” Anne finished, awkwardly looking down.

“I wish there was another way, but there’s not much time, and that unicorn is getting angrier by the minute. So…we’re going to let the inevitable take its course…” Discord sadly sighed.

“That is?”

“You know it, Spike.”

His pupils shrunk once he realized. “Oh…”

In the background, a lot of Canterlot unicorns saw the earth ponies and Pegasi arguing with each other. Then they held their heads high.

“Dear goodness, was I ever that brash with my attitude?” Fancy Pants snorted.

“Definitely not. At least our status keeps us from stooping that low,” a unicorn lady haughtily chuckled.

“They make the non-ponies seem quite harmless by comparison!”

“Indeed! Just look at them!”

The Core was almost there towards the portal. It stretched out its claws to reach it. “At last, the victory belongs to us!”

Suddenly, the Unity Crystals started to lose power as a result of more cracks forming. The portal collapsed on itself and exploded to oblivion, nearly blinding the monster.

After one final crack was formed, the Unity Crystals separated from each other. Thus, waves of magic all ejected through the sky which blew away the dark clouds.

Afterwards, the crystals fell from the sky and landed on the soft grass—completely devoid of life and fragrance.

Spike, Discord, the Heroic Six, and all the ponies and surviving creatures stared at the horrifying sight. They witnessed with their own eyes the ultimate price of Equestria’s sins: the loss of magic.

“It is done.”

The monster looked up and saw the portal was completely gone. “Noooo!! How did this happen?!”

“It’s their fault! They did this!” Feisty accused, glaring at our heroes. The crustacean then charged forward with their extended claws.

Rarity and other unicorns tried to ignite their horns, but nothing came out. Rainbow and the Wonderbolts suddenly felt their wings strained and fell on the ground.

“Oh dear!” Fluttershy panicked.

“What do we do now? How can we stop them without magic?” Ocellus asked, unable to shape-shift.

“Hello? I still have my chaos magic!” Discord reminded. “It’s a good thing it doesn’t count as regular magic.”

The draconequus stretched himself with his tail like rubber and reached all the way to the charging beast. Then he jumped right into the throne room where Feisty was sitting.

Feisty stared at him flabbergasted. “No fair! You still have magic, and I don’t?!” She attempted to again fire her spell but failed at it.

“I believe you had enough fun for today—or should I say…NEVER AGAIN,” Discord said, glaring at them. He then forcibly grabbed Feisty by the throat and took the crown from her head.

“Please, don’t! I can give you everything you want! I swear!” the Core begged.

“Hahahaha, you literally have nothing to offer. So it’s time for you…to retire!” Discord retorted, severing its tentacles from the throne.

At that moment, the monster stopped moving and lost its entire energy. The crustacean then turned into chocolate from head to bottom; it immediately crumbled into tiny pieces.

All the monster buildings in every city were turned to dust and stone after the source of their creation was neutralized.

“Yay! Free chocolate for everypony!” Pinkie shouted, eating raining brownies.

“Is it over? Is that monster finally gone?” Sasha asked.

“Not yet. Look.”

Twilight’s crown frantically crawled on its legs to escape. However, it stopped its tracks before an angry Marcy, Sprig, and Spike.

“M-Marcy…m-my old friend. How lovely you are tonight,” the Core nervously greeted.

Marcy stood there silent, death-glaring at it.

“Come on, we can at least talk about this!”

“Talk to the feet!” Sprig retorted, stepping on the crown.

The trio kept stepping on the helpless crown for almost a minute. Then Marcy delivered the final blow and crushed the eye underneath her shoe.

“Good riddance,” she spat.

Spike then breathed fire on its remains, incinerating them to ashes.

Feisty crawled on the ground with her bare hooves as her hind legs were injured. As she attempted to stand up, Thorax flew by and glared down at her. A few other creatures were behind him as well.

Then she evilly looked at him in the eye. “Kill me. You want to avenge your family? Then finish me off—a magic-less, defenseless mare. I know you’ll enjoy it.”

Thorax though looked at her disgusted and turned away. “I’m not like you. None of us are. (Sigh) You’re not worth it. You never were.”

This both surprised and enraged the unicorn. Then she faced the unamused draconequus.

“At least I’ll get the last laugh from seeing you fall for good, Discord! Nopony will forgive you this time!”

“I think we had enough of you, madam,” Discord coldly replied, snapping his fingers.

Suddenly, Feisty’s skin started to grow blue from her hooves all the way to her head. She tried to get the parasitic layer off her but unsuccessfully.

“I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU ALL! YOU WILL NEVER BE HAPPY AGAIN!” she screamed, foam and saliva dripping from her mouth. “I HOPE YOU CREATURES DIE OFF FOREVER!!!!!”

Her last words echoed for one last time until her throat was cut from inside. Her entire body then evaporated into smoke, and all that was left was her skeleton.

A tear dropped from her angry skull, dripping down on the cold dirt.

Everyone stood still, shaken by what they witnessed.

“Welp, good luck sleeping tonight,” Hop Pop remarked without blinking.

Author's Note:

One chapter left now….