• Published 16th Jan 2023
  • 506 Views, 2 Comments

War For Equestria - Nighthawk154780



Many years ago, Equestria was once at peace and harmony. But many disagreed with how harmony ran the land and betrayed that harmony…

  • ...
 2
 506

Chapter Seven

A couple nights passed by as a cloaked figure was walking outside towards the castle. He slipped in behind a corner and opened up a letter with the message. Long live the Empire. The figure tore the note and looked up at the roof top of the throne room. Inside, Equinox, Luna and Celestia were working on papers as Celestia yawned. “Sister, all of this paperwork isn’t going anywhere. Can I call it a night?”

Luna chuckled. “What? Can’t handle late night paperwork?”

“Well unlike you, dearest, I don't sleep in.” Celestia countered back.

“Girls, girls, easy now. Although those were pretty funny points.” Equinox stated, “Tia you can go rest. We will tackle this in the morning.”

Celestia nodded and walked off as Luna perked up reading one of the scrolls. “Huh. New armor and battle equipment. What are your thoughts?”

“Oh, is it that stuff that can make anyone fly like a pegasus? It seems obscure.”

“It could provide helpful aid though.”

Equinox sighed. “I suppose. Let me see it.” She said and went to pull a quill. But had no ink left and shook her head. “Luna?”

Luna smiled and stretched. “New ink. Got it.” She walked off leaving her all alone and she kept reading the scroll.

Suddenly a crash was heard but before she could even hear it, she screamed in pain. Her eyes widened and looked at her side seeing a massive burn mark. She panted and winced trying to move but blood started pouring out and she fell to the ground. Her panting became slower as a few guards and Luna galloped over. Luna’s eyes widened and she screamed running to her. “EQUINOX! No no no no!” She ran up to her trying to see her face and patted her on the face as her horn lit up and she tried to heal the wound but surprisingly couldn’t. Even as a princess her magic had no effect on the bleeding wound as Equinox was slowly blinking looking at Luna.

“SOMEPONY GET A MEDIC! PLEASE!” Luna screamed as she wrapped her hoof around her sisters and Celestia ran in complete shock. “Sister, stay with me. Please…. please don't go.”

Equinox tried her hardest to stay awake, but in a swift second she gave a final breath and closed her eyes, falling into a forever sleep. Celestia started to scream as Luna placed her head on her deceased sister’s head and broke down into tears. Blood has now been spilled upon the kingdom. But for what reason? Time can merely tell.

Earlier that night, Nighthawk, Penelope and Starfrost were laying down beside one another eating strawberries and looking out to the Canterlot lights.

“Such a pretty night.” Starfrost said, petting Penelope.

Nighthawk smiled, grabbing a strawberry and fed it to Starfrost. “Not as pretty as you. I don't know how many times I can say thank you for helping me.”

“Hun. You did it yourself. I just had to knock some sense into you.”

With a chuckle Nighthawk grabbed her hoof and looked into her eyes. “Sure, b…but I think that sense came into those beautiful eyes of yours.”

Starfrost started to blush, and her heart started to race. “Is this your way of flirting, ensign?”

“If it is, what’s your diagnosis, darling?”

“I’m not a doctor, sir. But I would recommend a night in bed.” Starfrost replied, moving closer until their noses touched.

Nighthawk blushed and nodded. “Can I have a cold frost in bed?” He asked and moved in for a kiss, but the moment broke from Penelope as she screeched and flapped her wings noticing a cadet galloping down the road.

“ENSIGN NIGHTHAWK! ENSIGN NIGHTHAWK!”

The two broke away as Nighthawk stood up. “What is it, cadet?”

The cadet slid to a stop and gave a salute. “Sir, you're needed by the general right away. The queen has been killed.”

Nighthawk froze and blinked as Sapphire looked at him.

“Wh…what?”

“Sir, just come with me. The details will be briefed on later.”

Nighthawk looked at Starfrost as she nodded, and he sighed trying to remain calm. “Stay here with Penelope.” He galloped off grabbing his hat and sword, running out and Penelope chirped looking at Starfrost.

The next day several guards were on every corner of the castle while detectives and members of the Equestrian Council were talking to each other about the incident. General Firefly was out front talking as Nighthawk approached and saluted him “General.”

“Ensign. Sorry for the late call, but you were the closest I can find to help the girls.”

“What happened?”

Firefly signed a form and walked into the crime scene. “Trying to figure that out still, how much were you briefed.”

“Squat.”

“Okay…all we have is from Luna. Three sisters were doing paperwork, Princess Celestia goes to bed, Luna went to get ink and soon enough glass, screaming and Luna ran back to see a bleeding burn wound.”

“What about the guards?”

“Heard the crash and ran in.”

Nighthawk scratched his head seeing the full body bag of the queen and took a breath removing his hat. “C…can I?”

Firefly nodded and he approached the bag, opening it up and seeing Equinox laying in peace. It froze his heart seeing the closest pony he had to a mother resting in a bag. He shed a tear and looked at the burn wound raising an eyebrow and took a deep breath. “How does an alicorn die from a burn wound like this?” Nighthawk asked, closing the bag.

“That is the million bit question.” Firefly said, reviewing some notes. “And I’m hoping those can be answered, soon.”

Nighthawk shook his head and looked up seeing Celestia and Luna talking to a detective. “What’s going to happen with the princesses?”

“Celestia will be next in line for the throne. And Luna will step up the role, but for now we are keeping constant guard over them.” Firefly said looking up, “I want you to comfort them, you're the closest to family and I can tell that you’re broken.”

Nighthawk nodded. “All of Equestria will be broken.” He replied and walked to Celestia.

Just as she finished, she looked at Luna and the two tried to wipe their tears as Nighthawk approached and bowed. “Celestia, Luna.”

Luna broke into tears and ran to hug him as Celestia smiled. “Ensign. My congratulations.”

“I wish that it was under better circumstances. I’m, I’m so sorry.”

“Equinox…will never be gone, Nighthawk.” Celestia said with a smile.

Luna nodded, breaking away from the hug. “Sh…she will live on in us.”

Nighthawk nodded. “I know she will. Listen…erm, I want you to know that you are strong. Don’t let this bring you down, okay. And if you start feeling down i’ll come down and knock some sense into ya.” He took a breath pulling that out of nowhere, but it made the two chuckle as Celestia walked in to hug him.

“Nighthawk. I’m so very grateful to have you as a friend and family member. And don’t worry, enough sense will come to me eventually.”

Nighthawk smiled and bowed his head before hearing a male voice call out to him and he turned around seeing a Pegasus walk towards him. “Ensign Nighthawk?”

Nighthawk nodded and saluted. “General.”

“At ease son. I’m Bulk Meteorite. I worked with your father on some fights and now serve as Air Marshal on the council.”

“It’s an honor sir. What can I do for you?”

Bulk nodded. “Son, I want you to join me in the emergency council meeting. Firefly has been telling me about your journey this far and I want your expertise on the accident here.”

Nighthawk tilted his head. “Well, thank you sir but may I ask why? I’m only an Ensign.”

“True, but you have knowledge in enemy tactics and espionage do you not?”

“Of course. My father wouldn’t teach me anything else until I studied those books, and it was graded in the training corps I went through.”

Bulk smiled. “Excellent. Council chambers in thirty minutes.” He started to walk off before Nighthawk looked back at the crime scene and thought about the burns. “Sir. One question.” Nighthawk called out.

“You wouldn’t think my father is…”

Bulk silenced him. “We shall wait until the meeting. I’m afraid there’s more to this than just him.”