• Published 16th Jan 2023
  • 506 Views, 2 Comments

War For Equestria - Nighthawk154780



Many years ago, Equestria was once at peace and harmony. But many disagreed with how harmony ran the land and betrayed that harmony…

  • ...
 2
 506

Chapter Nine

At first light Nighthawk and Comet were riding the train to Ponyville. Enjoying the couple hours of relaxation they had before they got to work with the lead officer.

“Hmm. This looks new.” Comet said, looking at a report from the officer corps. “Looks like Equinox approved mobile flight armor and Celestia second the motion.”

Nighthawk nodded, reading a book. “Yep. She told me about that already.”

Comet raised an eyebrow. “How does she tell you about that cool stuff. Aren’t you an ensign?”

Nighthawk followed, lowering the book from his eyes. “You forget. I’m the captain’s boy. I have known the princesses since I could crawl.”

Comet rolled his eyes and laughed. “I forgot about that.”

“And she asked me to command a new unit of flyers.”

“How does that work? Like you getting asked and the flying thing?”

Nighthawk shrugged reading his book. “I didn’t want that. But I do like the concept. Easier travel and opens up the ranks for ponies who don't want to just fight on land.”

“I can take over for ya.”

“Sure you would.” Nighthawk replied with a chuckle.

As the train arrived the two officers were shocked to see Ponyville. The mountains with snow up top, the river and waterfall in the back and the beautiful trees and flowers all around. Nighthawk was stunned and he smiled “Wow. I thought this was a mere dream. But this is more than what I imagined.”

Comet nodded and noticed an earth pony in a military uniform. “Ensigns. I was sent here to escort you to Ponyville’s top headquarters.”

Nighthawk nodded. “Lead the way.”

The two walked over to the town center and walked into a command center. Inside were several ponies running around with papers and a few others working on new computers and devices and revealed a table map of Equestria. The earth pony smiled. “Welcome to Joint Base Ponyville.”

Nighthawk blinked as Comet chuckled. “Ever seen this hawk?”

“No but I want it.”

The two were in awe before they heard a male voice from up stairs and the two unicorns noticed an alicorn walking and talking to who looks to be his secretary. “No, focus on the group's actions in the Everfree. We need to find them.” He stopped noticing the two officers and Nighthawk tilted his head seeing his yellow coat and cutie mark of a sun and a cloud. “Who is this?”

The secretary whispered as the pony smiled. “Sir. Meet.”

“Shush. Don’t speak. You two, my office.” He stated walking to his office.

The two looked at each other before walking up and stepped into the office getting a closer look at the alicorn prince. Nothing was odd about him with his orange mane and red flames. He was wearing reading glasses glancing at the two officers standing at attention. “Ensign Comet, and ensign Nighthawk. Class officers, experienced swordsmen, magic agility. Anything you can’t do?”

Comet was ready to speak before the alicorn spoke. “That was rhetorical, kid.”

Comet nodded as the prince kept on. “My name’s Sunny Blaze. If you were asking. From here on you belong to me and me alone. The princess has high hopes for you both that you need to prove to me. And unlike my cousin who passed away, I tend to run things differently here. Any questions?”

Nighthawk kept a straight face while Comet asked the first question. “Anything else you want us to know about you?”

“Don't get smart with me boy.”

“What information do you have about the murderer?” Nighthawk asked, raising an eyebrow.

Sunny sighed, getting off his seat, looking out the window seeing the citizens walking by and his reflection. “I read your report and I am impressed by your pony of interest. But it’s not him.” He looked back at Nighthawk who gave a sigh of relief that it wasn’t his father but led to more questions that he had to put aside.

Sunny walked up to his desk, pressing a button and revealed a map and a few pictures of a cloaked unicorn. “We caught wind of the queen's death the morning after and witnesses found a suspicious unicorn walking around. We also found some torn paper that matched up to this.”

Sunny pulled up the picture of the torn note from the night of the killing, making Nighthawk nod. “Yeah that sounds about right.”

“What empire?” Comet asked.

Sunny shrugged. “That’s a meeting for another time.” He pulled up a map of the Everfree forest, “According to our scouts our killer disappeared into the forest. We can’t get any visuals on him because the scouts are either idiots or the vegetation killed them off.”

Comet raised an eyebrow. “Either way?”

“Either way. I need you two to spit off into teams, push in and kill that bastard.”

The two saluted. “Yes sir!”

“Dismissed. Ensign Nighthawk, can you stay?”

Nighthawk nodded and remained still before the door closed. Sunny sat down and nodded. “At ease kid. Celestia relayed to me about your past issues with Captain Blaze.”

Nighthawk nodded and sighed. “Is he here?”

“No. We have been trying to find him but just like every other commanding officer we have been losing troops and somehow citizens. We can’t do anything else.”

Nighthawk felt upset and nodded. “I understand sir.”

“Don’t let this get you down kid. You’ve improved a lot according to Celestia and Equinox.”

“Thank you sir.”

Sunny smiled. “Get moving Ensign.”

Nighthawk walked out as Comet smiled. “You good brother?”

Nighthawk nodded. “How do you want to do this?”

Comet shrugged. “Our little trooper said they have a team assembled.”

“Well we didn’t come here to look pretty.” Nighthawk stated, brushing off his hat. “Let's do what we came here to do.”