• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 2,230 Views, 218 Comments

Equestrian Omni-hero - Blaze-saber

  • ...
9
 218
 2,230

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 35: A Blast from the Past

In the Frozen North, a couple of crystal ponies are snowboarding down the mountain while cheering in excitement. But then one of the stallions screamed when he saw a metal pillar in front of him. When he tried to move, he tripped on his board and fell into the snow, but then the ground shook as it crumbled, causing the second boarder to get off his board and looked down at his friend, who was covered in snow as he laughed in amusement while the stallion gave a dull look as the snow fell off him.

The second stallion then noticed something in the snow as he inspected it to see it was some kind of capsule. But when he swiped the snow away, it opened up as the two stallions backed away as coming out was a lizard-like alien as the two stallions rushed off as she had three purple eyes. “The Omnitrix.” She said with a serious tone as her eyes glowed.


A couple months later in the Frozen north of the Crystal Empire, the group was having a nice picnic out in the crystal flower fields. Smolder was flying a kite with both Silverstream and Ocellus. That fun was over when Helix, a small bug-like alien on a ball made of goo was rolling by. "Coming through!" He called out as he went past the three.

“Hey! Watch it, Helix!” Smolder called as Helix is rolling on the ball.

“Sorry, didn’t see you while expanding this ball!” Helix called with a smirk. “Ball Weevil is possibly a cool alien to make a ball bigger and to do this!” He cheered with a smile before he jumped off the ball and launched it as it glowed before it exploded. He then hacked up another ball of Goo before rolling on it.

"Ew!" Silverstream, Ocellus, and Smolder groaned.

"You know that was cool!" Ball Weevil told them as he was rolling past them. "Plus it's good practice!"

"Alright, you want to do some practicing?" Smolder asked quietly as she pulled out her spell book. "Armarus umspecti!" She casted a spell on Ball Weevil that made him sparkle a bit.

“Hey, what was that? A glimmer spell?” Ball Weevil questioned with a smirk. “Seriously, is that the best spell you can do from Hope, Smolder?”

“Oh, it does more than glimmer, Helix.” Smolder said with a smirk as a few dogs suddenly came up to Ball Weevil as they looked mesmerized by him.

"Uh oh!" He gasped before he started rolling away from the dogs that chased him. “Get away! Do I look like a dog to you?!” He cried as he ran past the three girls.

“You put a dog attraction spell on him, didn’t you?” Ocellus asked Smolder with a smirk.

“Yep. I love it when things work out.” Smolder commented with a smile as Ball Weevil rolled the ball higher as it grew bigger while the dogs on the ground surrounded him.

“Smolder! This is not funny!” Ball Weevil exclaimed.

“Hey, you’re the one who always wants more attention.” Smolder said with an innocent shrug.

“But it is kinda funny to watch.” Silverstream said with giggles.

The Omnitrix then timed out as Helix transformed back, but he lost his balance on the ball as he fell to the ground. “Phew. Never thought I’d be so glad to be me again.” Helix said while rubbing his head as he turned to the dogs. “Sorry, Fidos, playtime’s over.” He said before the dogs kept panting at him, realizing they are still mesmerized by him. “Oh, man!” He exclaimed before one of the dogs gave him a big lick.


Later he was seen covered in dog drool back to the picnic before Misty saw him and started laughing hysterically. “Oh, don’t tell me. Smolder used an attractive spell on you?!” She asked in amusement.

Helix gave a dull look. “Too many licks from a few dogs.” He muttered as he shook his hoof. “Never been licked by so many before.”

“Ahahaha! That is so funny!” Pinkie laughed while on her back.

"Looks like you all have been having your fun." Shining Armor said as he, Cadance, and Flurry Heart came up to the group.

“Oh, we sure are.” Rainbow said with a smirk. “Best relaxing time we had in weeks.”

“Especially with how we’ve been dealing this summer.” Applejack said.

“Other than Smolder messing with me, yeah.” Helix said as he shook the rest of the dog drool off him. “You really shouldn’t fool around with your powers like that, Smolder. Honestly, I thought you were more mature than that.”

“Like you’re one to talk to.” Smolder said with a smirk and her arms crossed.

"I was practicing." Helix replied. "How do you think I get a handle on my aliens' powers? It's not like there's an instruction manual for each of them."

“You know, he got a point there.” Hope said with a thoughtful look. “When you first have powers, it takes time to master them.”

"Exactly, which is why I was thinking then maybe Smolder could help me with another practice of my aliens, maybe either Pesky Dust or Arctiguana." Helix said with a smirk at her, as she knew one of those aliens could be really bad for her. "Which do you think?"

"Oh yeah, Celestia told us that you have this watch that turns you into aliens." Cadance mentioned. "But she didn't say that you give them names."

“That’s just the fun of it. It’s hard for anyone to keep track of each one.” Helix said as he kept fiddling with the watch, cycling through the different forms. "Check out this one, Humungousaur! He declared as the core popped up and he slammed it down. But when the light died down, instead of Humungousaur, he transformed into a fairy-like alien that was letting out green dust as he was flying. "Or Pesky Dust…" He groaned with a sound.

"You… I'm trying to keep myself from laughing… because of how girly you look…" Smolder snorted while trying to get back her laughter. Pesky Dust however unleashed a beam of the dust on top of her that made her fall asleep.


Within her dreams, Smolder was wearing her princess dress while she was in a ballroom with Spike dancing, only Spike looked much more muscular and he was wearing clothes like a prince would. "Oh Lord Spike, I'm so happy you've agreed to the ball with me." She spoke with a fancy accent just as Pesky Dust flew by.

“Oh, I wouldn’t miss you for a world of gems, my princess.” Spike said with a tough and deep tone as he spun Smolder around and held her. “You are truly a diamond to me.”

“And you truly are glorious.” Smolder said with a smile as Pesky Dust chuckled at this dream.

“I never knew Smolder had a thing for Spike. And who knew she really liked the fancy and cute stuff that much.” Pesky Dust commented while watching.


"Did you really put her to sleep?" Gallus asked Pesky Dust as the other gathered around the sleeping dragon.

"Not only that, but it looks like I can watch and write her dreams." Pesky Dust added. "Very cool."

“Hey, that’s Princess Luna’s magic.” Twilight said with a smirk. “She’s gonna be jealous when she finds out she has competition.”

"So, where are your parents?" Cadance asked Pesky Dust when she noticed they weren't around. "I would like to meet them."

"Oh, they're in the mobile base making…ugh, lunch." Pesky Dust answered as they know it's going to be disgusting.

“Seriously, I'd rather eat Pinkie Pie’s mountain of rock candy than to eat their food.” Rainbow muttered.

"Oh I'm sure it can be that bad." Cadance mentioned as she hadn't had their kind of food.

"They literally use bugs in their dishes." Spike mentioned.

This made Shining and Cadance to cringe in disgust while Flurry Heart gagged with her tongue out. “Okay, we stand corrected.” Shining said with a disgusted tone.

"NO, NOT THEIR FOOD!" Smolder shouted in horror when she suddenly woke up.

"Oops, my bad." Pesky Dust said as the thought of his parents' food was accidentally put into her dream.

Smolder then shivered. “It’s bad enough I had to eat their food in reality, but in my dreams?” She asked as she shuddered. “It even tasted and smelled real.”

"Sorry." Pesky Dust told her before he was suddenly enveloped in some sort of purple aura when he was suddenly lifted higher up in the air. "Whoa! What's going on?!"

“Who’s doing that?!” Helen questioned while coming out from the field, while crystal ponies were screaming in terror, they saw a mint green skin female lizard alien, with two tentacles on her head and one on her lower back. She has four long fingers, and ankles that bend inward. Her feet have three claw-like toes, two pointing forwards and one pointing backwards while she wears a tight blue jumpsuit.

“Uh, who is that?” Manny questioned in surprise.

"Hey, it's that telepathic alien Twilight 22 can turn into." Pesky Dust told them. "What do you want?"

"The Omnitrix, where did you get it?!” She questioned him. "Answer me now!"

“Long story. Short version…” Pesky Dust said as he slammed on the symbol before hitting it and turned into Shock Rock. "...it doesn't matter, because you aren't getting it!" He then unleashed a stream of powerful plasma energy right at her. The attack hit as the dust was kicked up but, once it settled, she was gone. “Where’d she go?” He questioned.

Then the crystals around them levitated as they looked up and saw her floating while breaking the crystals into shards and throwing them at Shock Rock, who sent an electric beam at them, which made the shards go flying. They then felt the ground rumble before large streams of water were being pulled out by her telekinesis.

Shock Rock was then hit by the water as he fell to the ground while his electric blue dimmed a bit as the others crowded. “Helix, what are you waiting for?” Rarity questioned.

“Yeah, go shock the bad guy!” Spike exclaimed.

“I can’t! I’m soaked!” Shock Rock exclaimed as he looked at his hand. “I can’t even produce a spark!”

The lizard alien walked towards them, but then a blast nearly hit her as she quickly jumped away to avoid the shots. The ones who fired it was Delta, who was holding a blaster while he and Dust were in their plumber uniforms. “That was your only warning shot.” Delta said firmly.

“Now turn around, slowly.” Dust added while raising her blaster next.

The lizard’s eyes widened when she heard them. “Those voices.” She whispered before getting up and turned to them when she saw their faces. “Delta? Dust?”

“Xylene?” Delta and Dust both asked in unison when they saw her full appearance, knowing her from anywhere.

“Is that really you?” Dust asked in shock as the others gathered around them.

"Uh, am I missing something here?" Rainbow questioned with confusion. "What happened to the kicking butt thing?"

"Are they with you two?" Xylene asked Delta and Dust while gesturing to the group.

"And you both know her?" Twilight asked as she pointed to Xylene.

"Yes." They answered both of them.


A few months back, the two stallions that got scared off by Xylene were heading back to the wrecked capsules with another stallion following behind as they inspected the sight. “Huh. I don’t see any big lizard. All I see is a bunch of junk.” The third stallion said in annoyance.

Then rumbling started on the ground while something came out, which is one of Vilgax’s probe drones as the three stallions screamed and ran off as the probe then took pieces from the wreckage and started assembling them into itself.


At night, the group are next to the mobile base while Xylene, Delta, and Dust smiled at one another. "First she attacked me from out of nowhere, then all the sudden she's all buddy buddy with my parents, and she's been here for like how long and haven't said a word to us. Helix whispered to the others. "It's like we're invisible or something."

"Give her a break, they're just catching up." Ocellus told him before she looked at Xylene. "So, how do you three know each other?"

"We go way back, from our first days as plumbers.” Delta mentioned while he gestured to himself and his wife.

"Me and Delta never really got along in those days, considering we both had ideas of how we do our jobs”. Dust mentioned with a small blush. “But then we met Xylene and, let's just say she helped us work things out."

“And in return, they made me an honorary plumbette.” Xylene said with a smile as the others looked at them in surprise. Xylene looked at her bowl of grubs as she used her tongue and ate some. “Mmm. Delicious.” She said while wiping her lips with a napkin while the others looked grossed out.

"I didn't need to see that." Applejack muttered as she was keeping herself from throwing up while Cadance covered Flurry's eyes.

"Well, it's nice to have someone around here who appreciates our cooking.” Dust mentioned with a bright smile as Xylene was enjoying her meal.

“How could lizard-lady not?” Gallus whispered. “It was crawling on the ground an hour ago.” He muttered.

“Well, she is an alien lizard. So it makes sense she would enjoy it.” Fluttershy said with a shrug.

“So, Xylene, what brings you back to Equestria after all these years?” Delta asked in wonder.

"That." She quickly answered while pointing to the Omnitrix.

"See?! I knew it!" Helix exclaimed as he pulled his hoof away from her. "She's just like all the others, she's only interested in the Omnitrix!"

"Helix, calm down." Dust told him before she looked at Xylene just as Azmuth came out. "Tell him that's not true."

"Well of course I would be interested in the Omnitrix, after all I was the one who sent it here in the first place.” She mentioned which surprised the entire group, especially Azmuth.

“What?! What?!” Sandbar asked in shock.

“You’re the one who sent the Omnitrix to Equestria?” Venus asked in surprise. “Now there’s a shock.”

“I was transporting the Omnitrix when I was attacked by our old friend.” Xylene started with a serious look.

"Vilgax." Dust said with a firm tone.

"Yes, and my ship was taking heavy fire." Xylene continued. “I managed to shoot a beam right at the control center of his ship right before his drones managed to get on board mine. I did all I could to hold them back, but I realized I could know longer protect the Omnitrix for long. So I placed it in a special pod and sent it to the planet below. I managed to get myself into a stasis pod before my ship crashed and my body fell into a hibernating state, until now."

“Since the day the Omnitrix was found? Wow.” Ocellus said in awed.

"So, you transported the Omnitrix here?" Azmuth asked her after he jumped onto the table. "Does that mean you've met Zenith?"

"Of course, but it was a long time ago." Xylene told him.

“Well, the good news is Vilgax is no longer a problem.” Delta said with a smile.

“Thanks to our son, Helix, he’s cooling off his claws in the Null Void.” Dust finished while gesturing to her son, who was smiling proudly.

"Huh, never imagine you two would have a child together.” Xylene mentioned with a brow and a smile. “And I'm pretty sure you both are just being modest about your roles in all of it."

"So since Vilgax is no longer a problem, I guess that means you're no longer welcome here." Helix told her with a tone.

"Helix Watch, that's hardly polite.” Dust told him before she looked at Xylene with a smile. "And I'm sure that you're still a bit exhausted from your long travel here. You can stay as long as you like."

“Well, considering I have no way off the planet and my receiver beacon is destroyed, I don’t see why I couldn’t stick around.” Xylene said with a smile.

“In the meantime, we’ll catch up.” Delta said with a smile while looking at the others. “So you guys don’t mind cleaning up, do you?” He asked as he, Dust, and Xlyene walked off without getting an answer.

"I don't like her." Helix told the others.

"Are you sure you're not just jealous of her?" Helen asked him.

"Don't you remember what happened with their old friend, Striker?" Helix asked them. "Just to be on the same side, I better do an undercar investigation on her, hero style." He then walked off as he activated the Omnitrix before they noticed Azmuth was lost in his own thoughts on the table.

“What is it, Azmuth?” Yona asked in wonder.

“It’s when Xylene said that she was delivering the Omnitrix from my old lover, Zenith.” Azmuth said while rubbing his chin. “So that means that she’s still out there. But the question is, where?” He wondered.

"I'm sure she's out there, and I'm pretty sure she's really proud of your invention." Twilight assured him before she looked at her brother and step sister. "And you're probably wondering who Zenith is, right?"

"It might be a nice little pastime while we clean up." Shining mentioned with a shrug.


Meanwhile, Delta, Dust, and Xylene were walking together as they had warm Smiles on their faces. "The youngling of yours, I never really thought you both would end up having one together." Xylene mentioned.

"Well, he's one of the best things that ever happened to us.” Delta mentioned before he frowned. "Until some old friends of ours found us and he nearly got hurt. We had to go into hiding while we left him with my father."

"And since then, he and his friends had their fair share of excitement around, especially since you dropped that little present down here.” Dust added with a smug smile. "Kinda reminds me of how you really tricked us at one of those space bars."

“Is it really trickery if I offer both of you a drink and you both can handle it and we end up in a bedroom together?" Xylene asked with a slight chuckle. "But that was a night we really enjoyed."

"Okay…" Ghostfreak muttered as he was invisible while listening in on them. "I so did not need to hear all that."

“Do you two remember that night?” Xylene asked while looking up to the moon.

“How could we forget?” Delta asked as the three looked up at the moon.


Many moons ago, back when Delta, Dust, and Xylene were younger, they were in a desert at night while a ship was behind Xylene with Attea’s father, and Striker standing guard. “Rumors are swirling that there’s some new DNA weapon out there.” Xylene said to them. “Sure you two won’t change your minds and come with me?” She asked with a frown.

“Tempting, Xylene, but until we bring Vilgax down, we have a job to do here with the Plumbers.” Delta said to her.

"But who knows, maybe we'll meet again someday.” Dust mentioned with a smile. "And we’ll always have Lactor 95." Xylene then pulled her in for a loving kiss before doing the same to Delta.

After that, they broke apart as they watched her enter the ship while taking off into Space as Attea’s father walked up to them and placed comforting hooves on them. “She has her duty. We have ours. The galaxy is big, and you two might get your wish someday.” He assured them with a smile, which Delta and Dust returned.


All three of them looked up at the sky as they finished remembering that night. “And it looks like we did end up meeting again." Dust mentioned with a smile.

“And with Vilgax out of the picture, and my mission is complete knowing the Omnitrix is in safe possession, there’s nothing separating us any longer.” Xylene said with a smile. “But I don’t know if I’m needed out there.” She said in concern.

“It’s been a couple of months since you were in hibernation, Xylene. And everything seems fine.” Delta said to her. “I say you might be ready to join us in staying here in Equestria. It would be nice if you stay.”

"No way…" Ghostfreak whispered in shock after hearing all that.


Later, Helix was seen walking back to the campsite where he saw Smolder and Spike cleaning up broken dishes. “Don't ask.” She told him.

“I tried telling her not to use her magic to clean the dishes, but she decided to use a shortcut.” Hope said with a disapproving look. “You can’t always expect magic to help you, Smolder.”

“Yeah, figured.” Smolder muttered.

“So, what’s up with your parents and Xylene?” Misty asked in wonder.

“Should’ve kicked her butt back to outer space when I had the chance.” Helix muttered with a look.

“Helix, Xylene is an old friend of your parents.” Flash pointed out. “Why not just give her a chance at being around us?” He suggested that the drone from earlier, now bigger with the ship’s parts, scanned the area the group were in.

"You don't get it, they were closer than that.” Helix mentioned while he used his hoof with the Omnitrix on it to point to where his parents and Xylene went off, as the big thing was scanning the Omnitrix. "And the next thing you know, she'll want me to call her 'mamma lizard’. Forget it.”

But before the others could respond to that, the drone jumped down behind Helix, which made them gasp as the drone walked towards them and shot wire tentacles at them, which they dodged before it fired missiles at them. “Isn’t that one of Vilgax’s old drones?!” Fluttershy panic as they dodged the missiles.

“It must be after the Omnitrix!” Azmuth exclaimed as the drone glared down at them.

Helix then gave a determined expression and charge at the drone. “You want this?!” He called as he activated the Omnitrix just as the drone fired missiles at him, but Helix already transformed into Gax as he was unfazed by the missiles. “You gotta take it from me!” He called.

Delta, Dust, and Xylene rushed back as they saw Gax fighting the giant drone. “What in the world?!” Dust exclaimed as Xylene flew towards the fight and next to Gax.

“I can handle this! I don’t need your help!” Gax yelled to her before the drone started moving as he gave a yelp. But Xylene then used her powers to form pillars on the ground, causing the drone, as well as Gax to trip to the ground.

Delta and Dust then blasted the robot with their blasters while those who can use magic fired their horns at it while Hope and Smolder got into ready stances. “Elota objectia!” They called as they fired magic beams at the drone.

Gax quickly got up and grabbed one of its legs and squeezed it, but he was caught in purple aura as Xylene lifted them up and tossed them to the mobile base. They then saw the big drone taking apart the mobile base and assembling the parts into itself. “What's it doing?" Sandbar questioned as a solid became bigger as it continued to assimilate the mobile base.

“It’s taking over the mobile base!” Misty exclaimed as the robot charged towards them, but it stood still as they saw Gax was holding it down, but then it aimed a blaster at him.

“Uh, oh,” Gax muttered before the droid blasted him, which wrecked the mobile base even worse since it was behind him.

The droid then fired cannons at them as the others took cover behind the trees. “Okay, this thing is more troubling than the others!” Attea exclaimed in annoyance.

“Xylene!” Delta and Dust called as Xylene nodded and used her powers to levitate an explosive part from the mobile base and lifted it up to the robot as Delta and Dust fired at it, causing an explosion that wrecked it as Gax got up with a groan.

“We make a good team.” Xylene said to Delta and Dust with a smile.

“We always do.” Delta said as Dust nodded in agreement.

Gax growled as he got up and saw the droid getting up again before he tackled it and ripped it apart piece by piece as the others watched until it’s down as Gax held a piece of the mobile base. “Sorry about the mobile base, mom and dad. It was behind me when the robot blasted it.” He apologized while he gave a piece of the mobile base to Delta. "And I think I may have gotten a little carried away when I tore that thing apart."

"Yeah, maybe just a little bit." Delta agreed as he and Dust walked past Gax. Gax then glared at Xylene without saying a word as none of them noticed a piece of the Drone survived and went off to repair itself.


A bit later, the group is putting the mobile base back together while scavenging the missing parts. “Guess that Mechadroid was the same one that fell to Equestria with you, Xylene.” Dust said.

“And it was doing that merge ability like the other one we’ve faced before.” Helen said while picking up a part.

“It would seem that they developed the ability to amalgamate mechanical devices in order to fulfill their programming." Azmuth theorized. “Namely to retrieve the Omnitrix, even though they have no knowledge of their master being trapped in the Null Void."

“Guess the thing was offline and didn’t get an update on that.” Spike said as he lifted up another piece.

"Let's hope it's the last we've seen of it.” Xylene mentioned before she walked up to Helix who had transformed into Diamondhead. "And you are sure the mechadroid was destroyed, right?"

"I'm positive that it's destroyed.” He replied before shaking his head. "Give me a break."


Somewhere else, a pony was walking into his home while its motor vehicle was being torn apart by the droid and merging with it.


Back with the others, Diamondhead was on the ground as he was trying to get two pieces of the mobile base together. “If you wanted to be truly helpful, a Galvanic Mechamorph would’ve been more appropriate.” Xylene told with a brow and hands on her hips.

"A what?" Diamondhead asked in confusion.

"She means Upgrade." Delta told his son.

“Yeah well, you're the boss of what I turn into." Diamondhead told Xylene.

“Mostly because you end up turning into the wrong thing anyway." Misty mentioned.

“Xylene might know a thing or two about the Omnitrix, maybe you should listen to her." Dust told her son.

"Are you both seriously taking her side?!" He questioned both his parents while pointing at Xylene.

“You are so irrational." Xylene told him.

"Well if I'm such a big screw up, why did you send the Omnitrix to me in the first place?!"

"I didn't send you the Omnitrix, you found the Omnitrix before it could reach its intended destination.” Xylene explained while gesturing to his parents.

"What are you talking about?" Diamondhead questioned her.

“I'm saying the pod that contained the Omnitrix veered slightly off its course." Xylene explained which caused the others to look at Diamondhead as he looked down with a sad realization while the Omnitrix was beeping red.

"You mean I got the Omnitrix by accident?" He asked before he transformed back into Helix.

"Of course." Xylene replied. "You didn't really believe I would send the most powerful device in the universe to an equine youngling, did you? I was sending it to Delta and Dust." This caught the two off guard.

“I guess that makes more sense, with Delta and Dust being PLumbers and all.” Flash said with a surprised look as Helix frowned before he glared.

“Oh, well, great! Just take it back, and you three could cruise around either in Equestria or the universe!” Helix yelled as he ran off. “See if I care!” He shouted.

“Helix! Wait!” Dust called out with her hoof raised, but Helix was already out of sight.

Delta then looked down at the group. “Can either of you go to him?” He asked in concern as the young group went to go check up on him.

“Was it something I said?" Xylene asked in confusion.

“Do we really need to answer that?” Twilight questioned with a disappointed look.


Helix was sitting on an edge as the young group walked up to him. “Leave me alone.” He said without looking at them.

“Come on, Helix. Don’t be like that.” Ocellus said to him.

“So the watch wasn’t meant for you.” Gallus said to him. “Who cares?”

“Yeah.” Helen said in agreement. “You’ve done a pretty good job with it so far.”

“It’s not just about the watch.” Helix said with a look. “Don’t either of you get it? She wants my parents all to herself just like before, only this time, they won’t be around for me.” He said sadly as they looked at him and was surprised by that as they looked like they didn't know what to say to him.


Back in the mobile base, the adult group are still repairing it, after an explanation to Xylene how she hurt Helix’s feelings. “You know, you could’ve put it more lightly than being rude to my cousin, lizard lady.” Flash said with a look.

"Well to be fair, I never really understood.” Xylene replied after levitating a bit more of the mobile base roof on top. “I'm really sorry. You see, a youngling offspring really is a mystery to me. On my own planet, once you hatch, you're on your own."

"Oh my, you mean you don't even know your own parents?” Fluttershy asked in concern.

“No. I was self taught and learned how to survive in the galaxy before I met the Plumbers.” Xylene answered. “It wasn’t until I met Dust and Delta that I didn’t feel alone anymore.” She said as she looked at the two Plumbers with a smile.

“Well, here on this planet, we do things differently.” Shining said while Cadance held Flurry. “Once you have kids of your own, you have to teach them, care for them, and raise them while sharing some love with them, and never abandon them.”

"Yeah, and Helix had to grow up without his parents until now.” Twilight added with a sincere tone. "Just imagine how he felt about that." A blast then pushed them all back before they saw the rebuilt Mechadroid coming towards them.

“The Machadroid!” Xylene called as it landed in front of them.

“And bigger than ever.” Pinkie said fearfully as the Mechadroid then tried to attack the three Plumbers, but Xylene pushed them back before she was whacked away and hit a couple of trees before crashing into the ground.

“Xylene!” The two Plumbers yelled, which got the young group’s attention as they rushed back to the others. Xylene struggled to get up before she lost Consciousness and fell to the ground while the others dodged the attacks.

"Look out!" Twilight called out as the Mechadroid used its tendrils to grab both Delta and Dust.

The Mechadroid then fused their Plumbersuits with it as the others turned and saw Dust and Delt stuck in it. “No!” Helix cried out as the droid created a dust of cloud as it vanished. “Mom! Dad!” He cried out while the others looked in horror.

They soon found Xylene and helped her over to the picnic bench as she came to. "You said you trashed that thing!" Misty scolded Helix.

"We all believed that it was destroyed, but that doesn't matter now." Azmuth told them.

“Doesn’t it?!” Helix questioned.

“Wait, if that thing only wants the Omnitrix, why did it kidnapped Delta and Dust?” Spike asked in wonder.

“Because it knows I’ll come rescue them.” Helix said in realization. “It’s a trap.”

“Exactly.” Xylene spoke up as they turned to her. “That’s why-”

“Look, I know you’re gonna give us the whole 'the Omnitrix is more important than any species' lecture and stuff." Helix interrupted her.

“Well, it is.” Xylene and Azmuth said in unison.

“Well, no way are we letting that living junkyard hurt my parents!” Helix continued.

“I agree that--” Xylene tried to explain.

“So help us or get out of our way because…” Helix tried to continue before Xylene used her powers to levitate Helix and smack him into a tree and pinned him there.

“Now be quiet and listen.” Xylene said firmly as she walked up to Helix. “You’re not the only ones who cared about Dust and Delta. If we work together, we can save them and the Omnitrix.” She said as she let go of Helix as they huddled around her. “Truce?” She asked as she had her hand out while the others did the same while Helix was the last one as he placed his hoof on next.

“Truce.” They all said.

“Time is crucial.” Xylene said to them. “As we stand here, it’s collecting more and more items, becoming stronger for its final battle with us.”

"The question is, where would it go to acquire more items?" Azmuth asked.

"There's only one place around here that is holding the most powerful weapons just in case a threat like Tirek ever comes back." Shining mentioned. "And it's not too far from where we are."

"The Ice Caves." Twilight spoke up.


Helix was seen riding on his hoverboard through the caverns of an ice cave before he stopped when he saw the Mechadroid up ahead as it turned and faced his parents to him. “Mom! Dad!” Helix called.

“Helix, go!” Dust called as she and her husband struggled to break free.

“This thing got control of our nanotech in our Plumber suits!” Delta exclaimed as their hooves were forced up as they fired a blaster at Helix, who dodged out of the way as he hid behind a boulder.

“Do whatever it takes to bring this thing down!” Dust called out. “Even if that means taking us with it!”

"Sorry, but that's never an option for me!" Helix shouted before he held up his left hoof. "Is this what you want?! I'll trade you right up, my parents were the Omnitrix!"

"No, don't do it!" Delta called out before the drone tried to grab him with its tendrils. He quickly moved as they missed him.

"Don't worry, we know what we're doing!" Helix told his partners.

“We?” They asked before Xylene flew in and flew around the Mechadroid as she landed on the crate next to Helix.

“Delta, Dust, we must stop meeting like this.” Xylene joked as Smolder came in and drove a forklift, but it forced Dust fired her blaster, which made Smolder serve around and crashed into a crate.

“Smolder!” Helix called out as he tried to rush up to her, but the Mechadroid grabbed him and started electrocuting him. But then, Xylene flew in and used her powers to get Helix free and grabbed him as they flew down to the ground.

Helen quickly ran up to the drone and started jabbing at it before moving so a boulder Manny threw could hit it. Xylene then took the chance and flew towards Dust and Delta and started ripping the cables off, but then she saw a crate right above it. She used her powers and quickly pulled the two off before a crate fell on the Mechadroid while Xylene held Dust and Delta as the group all looked on.

With two remaining cables still connected to them, it forced them to rapid fire everywhere as the group quickly hid behind a large boulder for cover. "We threw everything we had at it and it's still rebuilt itself!" Attea complained.

"We're going tough to destroy the original Mechadroid to defeat it!" Xylene told the group.

"What do you mean by original?" Zs'spoocy asked her.

"All the technology it has gathered is nothing more than an outer shell protecting the original droid within." Xylene explained. "If we can get to that, we can destroy it for good."

"Looks like the perfect job for Upgrade!" Helix declared with confidence before Xylene stopped him from activating the Omnitrix.

"I have a better idea, but you must trust me on this for your parents' lives are at stake." Xylene told him before he nodded in response. The sounds of the different forms being cycled through were heard before a bright green light came from behind the boulder. When it died down, the group saw that Helix had transformed into a gremlin-like alien with skin much smoother and colored crimson-red. He now wears an aviator's outfit which comes with an ascot. His eyes now have black pupils, his ears are now spiked, his sharp teeth jut out of his mouth, and his nose is bigger. He also has a spike on his chin and one near each of his eyes. The Omnitrix symbol is now on his waist.

"What is this thing supposed to go get something like that?!” He questioned her with a high-pitched voice.

“You're going to dismantle it!" Xylene told him which made the group look at her with baffled looks. "Literally, that's your power."

“You're kidding right?" Manny questioned her. "He has an alien that can control technology and you have him turn into a little gremlin whose power is to only dismantle things?!"

"Well maybe it'll be better than you just chucking boulders!" Helix told him before he blew a raspberry.

"And apparently, he also has a bit of an attitude like this." Helen sighed.

Dust and Delta struggled to break free as the cables tangled them around while the others backed away as it fired missiles at Helix, but he jumped high and tackled the Mechadroid and went to its head and started taking apart its mechanical parts. “Fix! Fixfixfixifix! Fixfixfixfix!” He exclaimed as he removed the parts at high speed and quickly pulled the head part of the Mechadroid. “Cool! I know how to take apart machines!" He explained before looking at the vehicle Smolder is still in. "Oooh! Idea! Idea!" He quickly grabbed the parts he dismantled and ran over to the vehicle. "Fixfixfixfixfixfix!" He moved at a high speed and reconfigured the vehicle with the parts. "Ononon!" He shouted as the forklift now looks like a robotic mech.

“Whoa! Dude, how did you do this so fast?!” Smolder asked in shock.

“Just giving this thing a little modification!” Helix declared before it got on top of it. "I've got Juryrigg power!"

“Wow, like he was stubborn or annoying enough.” Misty said in annoyance.

“I’ll get Dust and Delta.” Xylene said as she rushed up to the two tied up Plumbers. “Let go of them!” She yelled as she started pulling them.

“Time to test this puppy out!” Juryrigg called as he started pressing the button. “Ononon!” He called as he moved the robotic mech and started taking apart the Mechadroid one by one.

“Whoa! Okay, I’m starting to like this alien!” Smolder called as she controlled the mech and took apart the Mechadroid one by one before she managed to pull the top cover part of it off. “Helix now!” He called.

“On it!” Juryrigg called as he jumped onto the Mechadroid and saw the core. “Time for a little dismantling!” He called as he jumped into the core. “Fixfixfixfixfix!” He exclaimed as he took apart the core while Xylene got Dust and Delta out as the Mechadroid fell over and collapsed as Juryrigg was rolling on top of the core over to them. "Hey who's up for upgrading the base with this piece of junk?!" He asked with a cackle.

“No thanks, son. But great job.” Dust said with a smile right before the Omnitrix timed out and Helix transformed back as he fell off of the core.

"Thanks, but I was kind of serious about upgrading the base." Helix mentioned as he got up and dusted himself off.


Back at the campsite, with the mobile base finally rebuilt and fixed up, Helix looked up at Xylene with an apologetic look. “I wanted to apologize for being a jerk before.” Helix told her in guilt. “I guess I was just jealous that my parents had your attention. But if you make my parents happy, then I’m happy.” He said with a smile.

"You certainly are their son, aren't you?" Xylene asked with a smile. "You even got your father's looks, probably the reason why you have three mates already." She added while gesturing to Helen, Attea, and Zs'spoocy, which caused all four of them to blush when she said that.

“We aren’t in love!/ So not!/ We’re just friends!/Xylene, no!” Zs’spoocy, Helen, Attea, and Helix exclaimed in unison while looking embarrassed while the others gave them teasing smirks.

"Heh, yup, just like his father." Dust said which made Delta roll his eyes.

“And they certainly act a bit like you.” Delta said in amusement, which made Dust giggled.

“But I becareful, Helix.” Xylene spoke up, which made them all turn to her as she gave a serious look. “Vilgax isn’t the only one interested in it.”

“Yeah, I kinda got that.” Helix said from experience.

"So, does this mean you're staying with us or something?" Rainbow questioned Xylene with a brow.

Xylene looked around before she gave a smile. “It may be a big galaxy out there, but right now, I think I should join you on your trip.” She said, which made them all smile. “This world, it’s so exciting and a lot to learn from. I think I will stay here to learn more about it, and to be close to old friends.” She said while turning to Delta and Dust with a smile.

"Well, that's great to hear." Dust said with a warm smile.

“Very.” Delta said with a warm smile as well. “Welcome to the team, Xylene.” He said as Xylene then pulled both of them into a kiss, which made the young group grossed out while the adults looked on with warm smiles as the three broke the kiss.

“We’ll always have Lactor 95.” Xylene whispered to them warmly.

"Okay, I think I'll head to bed before anything else happens." Gallus said as he used his wing to block what he had seen.

“Don’t be so dense, Gallus.” Silverstream said with a giggle as Helix turned to his parents.

“I thought I was gonna lose you guys like last time.” Helix said to them.

“Nah, you can’t get rid of us that easy, son.” Delta said with a smile.

“We’ve been separated for too long. So now, we stick together, no matter what.” Dust said with a smile, which made Helix smile warmly at them. “Now come along. It’s time to go.” He said as they all walked up to the mobile base with Xylene beside Delta and Dust.

Azmuth stayed behind and looked up to the night sky. “If the two Plumbers can reunite with their love ones, maybe someday you and I will be the same way, Zenith.” He said to the night sky. “Wherever you are.” He finished. The group stopped Vilgax’s old Mechadroid and had a new member of their family, as their adventure just got bigger.

PreviousChapters Next