• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 504 Views, 4 Comments

All I want are some answers - burdockwing



What happens when a helpless filly finds something horrible... who will help her find some answers.

  • ...
 4
 504

Everypony needs somepony

Marigold Pie got ready for school as usually for a weekday . She ate breakfast and saw her brother off to work. Marigold had gotten her school supplies and was ready to leave. "Hey…sweetie We're sorry for yelling at you last night." Rainbow and Pinkie apologized. "It's okay." Pinkie and Rainbow hugged her. "No it wasn't and it won't happen again." Marigold was glad that it was behind her. Her parents still loved her and everything was as it should be. "Have a great day." Mary waved goodbye as she left for school.
Marigold Pie walked into the classroom. Ms. Blacksworth was getting class ready and the foals were chatting. "I'm telling ya' she kicked her!" Snake was talking to another classmate. "Mary? The same Mary that has trouble lifting a text book?" Snake stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Marigold. Snake returned to her seat, Brownie was sitting next to her. Her old friend Katy ran up to her. "There you are! You're the talk of the town!" Mary just looked around at everypony staring at her. "Don't worry nopony thinks you did it." Katy and Mary sat in their seat once class was called. "Okay class! As you know one of our classmates had an accident, well we will be making her a get well card but for today we do division." The whole class shared in a moan. "Now now. You need to know this for the test!" The teacher went unheard. "Psst…Pie!" Marigold looked over at her friend. "What?" Katy looked around to see if the teacher was still talking. "What happened to Grape Punch?" Marigold looked at her and did her best to lie. "I…I don't know…" Katy giggled. "You are the worst liar ever." There was a loud crack as something hit Katys desk, the fillies jumped. Blacksworth was standing right next to them with a ruler clenched in her teeth. "Do I need to assign detention?" The fillies shook their heads and class returned to the normal boring routine. Katy looked over at Mary "We'll talk later."
Katy ran over to Marigold. "Hey! wait up." Marigold slowed down enough for her friend to catch up. "Is our agreement still in affect?" Mary smiled and nodded. "Time to find our cutie marks!" They set off to Mary's house. "What should we try?" Katy looked at everything questioningly. "Hmmm…how about making stuff like…bread?" Mary looked around. "How can we get the supplies?" Katy grunted in annoyance. "How about space?" Mary stopped. "What?" "You know…spaaaaaccce…its everywhere…" Mary just stared at her. Katy giggled "It's what my brother said once." Marigold continued walking. "Uh…how about we just go play in the forest and see if there's anything there?" Katy started racing for the forest. "We're not gunna find anything in there!" "Does it matter?" Katy giggled and they ran off for the forest.
Marigold ran through the forest "Hey! Katy! k…katy!" She looked around, nothing but pits of darkness. She felt a disturbing eternal void inside of her… like she was truly alone. "Katy! Katy…" She heard something, she looked its way praying for her friend to emerge. But all she saw was darkness. The feeling grew even closer to her soul. She couldn’t help but think that this was inevitable, her friends would leave her…they all would either betray or forget her. She wanted to run through the forest as fast as she could, but to where? There was nowhere else to go. "Alone at last…" Marigold heard a raspy voice, she couldn’t control her fear. "Katy!!! Katy!!!!!!!" Marigold ran for it, but before she could get even a couple feet Katy jumped on her. "Calm down!" Marigold hugged her in tears. "Don't do that! I thought I was gunna die!" Katy picked herself up struggling against her friend, then she stood Marigold up. "It was just a joke…calm down." Marigold rubbed the tears out of her eyes. "I...Im sorry, I don't know where that came from. Was all of that you?" Katy dusted herself off as well as her friend. "Yeah, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out like that." Marigold looked around, it seemed less dark…less…hopless. She turned around wanting to get out of there. "Anyway, I found something that is amazing!" Marigold turned back to her normal peppy self. "What?" Katy motioned for her to follow. The dark forest they were in seemed to taper off into a small field surrounded by the forest. The field was bathed in light and the focus point was a tall tree right in the middle of it all. "Check it out!" Marigold looked at the tree, they walked towards it. Katy jumped onto a low hanging branch and continued up the tree like a goat up a mountain, soon disappearing into the thick leaves. Mary looked up into the tree trying to see her friend but was met by a object falling from the tree and hitting her on the head. "Ow!" Katy jumped onto the ground. "Sorry…here." She picked up the object and handed to Marigold. "What is it?" Katy looked at her friend with a questioning look. "You've never had an apple? " Mary shook her head. Katy wasn't surprised "They don't normally grow around here." Mary took the apple and examined it. It gleamed a bright red and irradiated a pungent smell. Katy took a bight of hers and gave her friend a nod of satisfaction. Mary held her breath and took a bight. It crunched loudly and flowed with juices. "Well how do you like it?" Marigold chewed it a little then spat it out. "I hate apples."
Marigold had made her way home after going into the forest with her friend. The day had been long and uneventful but she was worn out and couldn’t wait to get to sleep. She walks through the door and could smell a very familiar scent. "Mint toast!" she ran into the kitchen and saw her brother with a plate full of the delicious dessert. "Hey sis! I feel you’ve been having a hard time with everything so I decided to make you a treat!" Hearing their daughter, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie came down stairs. By the time they got there, she was already gorging on the toast. "wha…" Pinkie Pie almost looked shocked. Rainbow gave scout a questioning look and then walked over to push him into the next room. Marigold looked at her mother Pinkie. "Uhh…Just a little talk be back in a second…stay here." Marigold was afraid that her parents would get mad at Scout for giving her sugar so she snuck over to defend him, but before she could get past the door she heard an odd conversation. "No…Just no!" Rainbow Dash was trying to speak in a hushed tone. "What were you thinking! She ate enough just a couple days ago!" Scout looked back and forth to each mother. "It…It's not that simple. She's getting older. Its…getting older." Pinkie began to show fear. "What do you mean? Its dead!" Scout visibly trembled "It can't i…it is developing…we can't deal with it like we used to…Gindra said that we need to do something about it soon." Pinkie began to tear up. "fuckfuckfuckFUCK!" Rainbow shook her head and turned to see marigold. Scout grabbed her and rushed back into the kitchen. Rainbow rubbed Pinkies back while she rubbed the tears out of her eyes. "What are you all so mad about?" Scout stuttered a bit. "Well…umm, we are talking about something that happened to some ponies here in town…over at my job." "What happened?" Scout patted her on the head. "You're too young to hear about this stuff yet." He tried to push her in the direction of her bedroom but she resisted. "Is it about me? Did I do something to make them mad?" "What? No of course not! Look…it's all right, its nothing okay…I wouldn’t lie to you." Marigold looked up at him as if to check for some sign of a lie…she couldn’t see it. Rainbow and Pinkie walked back into the kitchen. "Hey sorry about that…you weren't supposed to be listening to us adults talking." Rainbow hugged Mary to assure her. Pinkie was slow to respond. "…Yeah." She joined in on the family hug. Rainbow rushed her off to bed. "Brush your teeth and go to bed." Marigold ran off to bed feeling reassured. Scout made sure that she had gone up the stairs. Pinkie looked at Rainbow and scout with an intense stare. "Shit…that could have ended badly…"
Marigold stood up in a dark forest. She walked around the spot she was sitting at. "This seems not right…" She immediately heard a loud crack followed by a grunt. She look around expecting her friend to jump out of a tree. What she found was more horrifying. She turns to see a silhouette of a pony standing over a mass of rotting flesh. All she could see were ribs intestines and flaps of skin, truly horrifying. She stood for a while silently. The pony was…mashing and stomping, cracking, bending, cutting and…and…she couldn’t bear to look anymore. She turned to run. Run away from that thing. "What's the matter?" Marigold looked around to find the source of the voice. The voice sounded almost like Pinkies. All she saw was black night. "Wha…Mommy…" A twisted laugh could be heard echoing through the forest. Marigold was ready to run but all of it seemed pointless to run from whatever it was. "What's the matter? scared of the dark?" Marigold dodged for a tree but slammed into the ground. "Don't you see? Well I guess you can't when you have been blinded so badly." Marigold twisted only to find a sharp pain in her stomach, she looked down to see a sharp stick jammed into her stomach. Blood slowly ran from the wound and when she tried to get up, some intestines were being pulled out. "You must see what these ponies are doing to you! They are laughing at you and you just smile! IT MAKES ME SICK! They aren't just laughing at you! they are laughing at us!" Marigold was losing consciousness quickly. Something grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her up slowly, a unknown ponies hoof kept the organs inside. "All we have is each other… I had friends and that ended nicely." Marigold laid in the forearms of whoever was holding her, it was too dark to see. There was a flash then something caught on fire. Marigold could see the hoof of this creature on fire, she slowly looked up, scared of what she might see. "All I want to do is help you." A faceless, boney, raged mare was mere inches from her face, Marigold stifled a scream. The ponies hoof dove into her stomach and the light was gone. Marigold coughed blood as the pain was to immense for a scream. The wound was cauterized closed. "So when you wake you shall learn of everything and you we will leave where no one can hurt us, but we will make others suffer. Marigold faded into darkness, more dark than the blackest forest.
"Mary!!!" Marigold felt numb but slowly felt herself coming too. "Mary!!" She opened her eyes to see her family huddled around her, she heard screams…her own screams. She stopped yelling. "What?" Rainbow held her tightly as well as Pinkie. "Marigold…you were having a bad dream." Her brother was staring rather oddly at her from across the room. "What were you dreaming about honey?" Rainbow asked worried for her daughters sake. "I don't know…"
Marigold had waited for the weekend all week long and now she could mess around with friends and play around. She wanted to get a soda from the general store so she figured out that she would stop there first. She walked in and ran for the soda. She put it on the counter and waited for the clerk to ring it up. "Hi. Is this it?" Marigold nodded. The clerk placed it in a bag. "You know…I've seen you in here ever since you were born and you seem a little of today." Mary looked at him questioningly. "What do you mean?" "Well I remember when you're mothers came in here looking for milk for you…They just came to town and looked more frazzled than a wet cat, your brother was a smart one even back then. Anyway… you have grown up before my eyes and I think your growing up faster than ever." Marigold grabs the soda and gives the sign for him to continue. "I don't know I'm just an old coot rambling…just…don't grow up to fast…you'll find that there are some pretty rough paths you have to go through to grow up." Marigold smiles and nodes, being so young in an old town she is used to all the advice. Coltscreed is a small town and everyone knows everyone. Marigold went to a friend's house. She knocked on the door and out came her older friend named Sapphire cloud a young mare. "Hey Marigold what's up?"
"Nothing much I was wondering if you wanted to go play?"
"Sure how about we go to the pond."
"The pond?"
"Yeah, I was thinking about trying to find my cutie mark. Maybe I'm a fish pony or something, I don’t know I'm willing to try anything." Marigold was willing to do anything as long as she was with friends. They walked to the pond and said hi to everypony on the way. "Okay what now?" Marigold looked around and they both walked onto the pier, the pond was rather large so everypony went there.
"How about we swim?" Sapphire grabbed Mary and fell into the water.
"Augh!" Mary splashed around for a while. Sapphire giggled and wrapped a hoof around Marigold as she swam to the shore.
"What the heck was that?" Sapphire went from a giggled to a full on laugh. She got up on to the shore and fell onto the grass laughing. Marigold however wasn't so enthusiastic.
"That’s not funny!" Sapphire slowly stopped laughing. Marigold gave her a look of discomfort, she was shivering almost enough to shake loose bolts. Sapphire stopped laughing.
"Oh sorry are you cold? Here" She got up and hugged Marigold.
"You're colder than me…you're not helping." Sapphire let her go only to nuzzle into her neck. Marigold fidgeted. Then Sapphire looked into her eyes and pecked her on the lips.
"What the heck!?" Marigold shoved her away.
"What? Have you never been kissed?"
"No…and especially not by another mare! We've been told that mares should do that kind of thing with stallions!"
"Oh come on! You of all ponies should know how it works."
"What?"
"Well…Notice how there are hardly any stallions around here? How is every mare going to end up with somepony they love if they limit it to stallions?"
"I…I…"
"We all need someone…and it's not healthy if you go without anyone for a long time… It's really lonely…"
Marigold wondered about this subject for a long time and after thinking about it, Sapphire was right. "Well this isn't something that I've thought about and it's really weird."
"I'm sorry…I didn't mean to push you into anything, but…think about it at least…please."
"o…okay…"
"Everypony needs somepony, and I'd be happy to be that some pony for you."
"Sooo…do actually wan't to swim?"
"Not really…I'll walk you home."
"Thanks…" Marigold walked away and was followed by Sapphire but then Sapphire stopped dead with a shocked look on her face. "What? What!?" Marigold looked around for something bad. Sapphires shocked look turned to one of amusement, she even giggled. "What!?" Sapphire pointed at her flank. Marigold looked and saw something… her cutie mark. "Oh my god oh my god oh my god!" Sapphire smiled.
"Congratulations!"
"Thanks! I have to go show my moms!" Marigold ran off to her house excitedly. She couldn’t wait to be congratulated and show it off to her brother, She never quite understood his cutie mark. It was supposed to be medical supplies or something. But more importantly Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie would be so proud!
Mary came bursting through the doors. "MOM! MOM! MOM!" Rainbow came running through scared out of her mind.
"What!? Are you okay!? What happened!?" Pinkie limped in quickly. Marigold was bouncing up and down. "Guess what! Guess what!" Pinkie was quick to reply happily. "What what what?"
"Look! Look! Look!"
"Honey stop bouncing." Scout walked in to all the commotion.
"What's happening?" Marigold finally stood still then turned to face her flank towards her family. Everyone dropped dead silent. The smiles from everyponies face instantly went away. Marigold looked around at her family expecting a different reaction.
"What? Is it that awesome?" No pony replied. Scout was the first to break the silence.
"Fuck…" Marigold quickly replied.
"Hey! Mom! Brother cussed!" Pinkie walked out of the room.
"Hey…don't you like my cutie mark?" Rainbow stared at scout then replied.
"Its three apples…"