• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 503 Views, 4 Comments

All I want are some answers - burdockwing



What happens when a helpless filly finds something horrible... who will help her find some answers.

  • ...
 4
 503

Blood ties

(please read my previous story if you haven't already. Or read it next. that would be kinda cool to learn the back story after the story. or whatever)
All stories have a horrible twist to them. Some aren't as bold or obvious but everything is fucked up…don't misunderstand me, they are great! What I'm trying to say is…anyone can point out the horrible or grotesque mundane things in life, but very few can see all the wonderful things in life and stories.

Ch. 1
"Brother! Brother! Brother!" A filly comes running into the doctor's office franticly but happily yelling. Scout turns around to see his sister hopping up and down.
"Marigold! Calm down! You know Gindra doesn’t like you being in here!" Snow Pie just looked at him then jumped up and down yelling
"Brotherbrotherbrotherbrotherbrotherbrotherbrotherbro-" Scout grabbed her and took her outside.
"Okay now that you have settled what do you want." Snow ran around her brother.
"Im bored! why can't you come home!" Scout peaked through the door into the clinic looking to see if gindra frost has come back.
"Because I'm an apprentice! I either work here and learn or I don't and end up broke! someone has to help this family!" After Scouts outburst Marigold immediately settled down and pouted.
"Hey…don't...okay I'm sorry but I need to be on my best behavior or else I get fired. It's a miracle I got this apprenticeship." He hugged her and led her out through the hallway.
"Okay…I'm sorry." Scout passed the counter and grabbed some lollipops.
"Here…I'll be home in a little ok?" She grabbed the lollipops happily.
"Okay! will you make me mint toast!?" Scout opened the door for her.
"I don’t know…You already have some lollipops…the mom's aren't gunna like it." Marigold frowned, Scout patted her head lovingly. "Well they don't have to know about them." She smiled and ran home to see if they had everything for the dessert. It made scout happy to see his sister every now and then in between his shifts but she gets to hyper.
"SCOUT! YOU BETTER BE ORGANIZING THE POTIONS!!!" Scout jolted and ran back inside.
"Right away Mr. Frost!"
Marigold is a orange earth filly with a light yellow mane who loves nothing more than to play sports with her mom and laugh with her…other mom, Her happy hyper mom named Pinkie Pie and her sporty rainbow mom named Rainbow Dash. Her moms named her Marigold because of her orange fur. Scout is her older brother and her best friend. Scout brings home the bacon, while Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash are house wives. The whole family lives in Coltscreed a small town with plenty of peace in the mountains.
The story about marigold is one of love and ambition. Rainbow and Pinkie loved each other but couldn’t have children, so they searched through libraries for a solution. They came up empty hooved. So they went to princess Celestia herself and begged for a child that would be part of each of them. Celestia heard their plight and was willing to grace them with the ability to conceive, but they needed to prove they were willing to do anything for this gift. They needed to give up a limb per child. They decided to both give up a body part, but the night before, Pinkie went to Celestia and said that she would like one more thing in addition to a child for her limb. She asked for Celestia to promise not to take anything from Rainbow Dash. Celestia was touched by her concern for her lover and agreed to the terms. Rainbow awoke to find Pinkie missing her left foreleg and found that Celestia was not willing to perform the ceremony on Dash. Not only did Pinkie suffer but they would only have a single child, Dash was furious. Pinkie would bear the foal. They waited many months and had a beautiful colt named him scout. They were sad they could not have another child. Touched by their love for each other, Celestia decided to allow them one more child. Pinkie was to give birth again and their family would be complete. Marigold was born and everypony was happy. They settled down in coltscreed and made a home for their loving family.
Marigold ran into her home with lightning speed.
"Woah! where's the fire!?" Rainbow Dash said as Marigold ran passed her.
"Mom! Brother is making mint toast!" Rainbow hugged her lovingly.
"Did somepony say mint toast!" Pinkie walked into the living room.
"Yeah! Big brother is making it!" Pinkie smiles and joins in the group hug.
"Of course! He's the only one with the special recipe!" Marigold jumped out of the hug and ran into the kitchen.
"Do we have bread?" Rainbow assisted her daughter, making sure she didn't fall. Pinkie followed the two energetic ponies.
"Yes but we need oil. You should go tell your brother so he can pick some up when he picks up the secret ingredients."
Rainbow shook her head. "We can't anger his boss. Mary how would you like to go pick it up?" She nodded gladly. Pinkie gave her a few bits.
"Don't buy any candy or else you won't have any mint toast." Marigold nuzzled her mother's before leaving for the general store. They watched their energetic daughter run off to the store. Dash nuzzled into Pinkies mane almost making her trip with her one good foreleg leg. Dash caught her and they shared a laugh.
Marigold was excited for dinner. Soon her brother would get off of work and make his famous desert that nopony else knew about or even came close to flavor wise. "Hey Mary!" Snow turned to see the three bullies of her school. Brownie a tough looking colt, Snake a extremely scary looking filly and their filly leader…Punch, short for grape punch…(I know a stupid name but back in kindergarten that shit would be scary. Punch…*Shivers* Anyway back to the story.) "What do you all want?" Punch walked towards her but was met with a threat to buck her in the chest, Marigold was known for a fierce kick, Punch backed away but wasn't finished. "What are you doing freak? You can't take us…but back to business. Give me all you're bits!" She instantly was worried. "NO!" Grape punch and snake were ready to brawl, Brownie stayed back. "What do you mean no!? Brownie get her!" Brownie hesitated. "Get her!" Brownie shook his head. "Last time I got beaten up and you all just laughed…besides she's…really tuff." Punch rolled her eyes. "I think we can take a filly fooler!" Mary was filled with rage. "What exactly do you have against me!?" A grin spread across Punch's face. "Where do I start. Like mother like daughter! And you got two of them!" Mary couldn't handle it. She slammed her back hooves into her right shoulder blade extremely hard. Everypony heard a pop followed by a crack that was louder than her gasp for breath. Punch hit the ground practically being thrown in a heap. "You talk about my parents again I'll break your neck!" Brownie and Snake looked at their leader, who was crying and the look on her face could be described as one of extreme pain and pleading for help. Realizing what she had done, Mary ran to her originally planned destination.
Marigold walked into the general store trying to act casual but almost in tears. She was more worried about what her parents and brother would think of her when word got out that she was in a fight. In a small town such as Coltscreed, word gets out fast. All she wanted was to live out the ignorance by having mint toast with her family. She grabbed the oil and headed for the counter but was met with a startling surprise, her brother was at the counter buying ingredients, she tried to hide but it was too late. "Marigold pie! I was just getting stuff for dinner." She handed him the oil trying to not seem suspicious. "Are you okay? Were you crying? What happened?" Snow looked at the ground. Scout moved closer. "…what happened?" Marigold threw her hooves around her big brother and hugged him. "I just want mint toast…please." The store keep came up to the counter. "Is everything alright?" Scout nodded, said thank you and paid for everything. "Do you want to talk about it later?" Mary nodded, at this point she was in tears. The siblings left for the house. As they were walking back to the house, Marigold noticed that the bully gang was gone. "Oh my oh my oh my oh my." Scout stopped snow from walking right into the path of a running, frantic mare. "Are you okay miss?" The mare just kept running. Mary knew it was Grape Punch's mother running towards the clinic. She tugged at scout eagerly. Scout shrugged it off and continued home.
Scout arrived home with Snow Pie. "Hey! We're home!" Pinkie and Rainbow came out of the kitchen. "Hey loves!" they said almost simultaneously. "Dinner will be done in a little." Pinkie said in her cheerful tone. Mary kept her eyes down. Rainbow couldn't help but stare at her. Rainbow inched closer until she was mere inches away from her face. Marigold began to feel uncomfortable. "Mom…" Rainbow lifted her face up with one hoof. "Honey…I can tell when something is wrong…what happened?" She felt her heart beat faster and faster. "Are those other foals bothering you again." Snow hugged her mom as Pinkie walked over to her side and scout had took it upon himself to leave them alone and make toast. "They…called me a filly fooler." Pinkie nuzzled Mary. "Now why would they say that?" She looked at her mothers with a sad look. "She said mother like daughter." Rainbow was angry at this point. "Those little shits!" pinkie nudged Dash. "Now look…you're mother and I love each other and that’s all that matters…Some ponies may have problems with it but most understand…do you?" Marigold Pie nodded. "Good…now let's have toast." It could be a matter of minutes or hours until they found out about the fight, so she was happy.
Scout walked into the room with his famous dessert. It was almost customary to have it before dinner. "Okay everypony dig in!" Snow smiled. The smell of the delicious delicacy filled the room. Pinkie handed her two pieces of toast. She savored the aroma and began eating immediately. Scout smiled. Everypony thanked scout on another fabulous dish. He always liked having his food appreciated. *Knock* *Knock* *Knock* Pinkie had already finished her toast so she got the door. Rainbow muttered something about the nerve of some ponies coming during dinner. All Snow could think of was the toast. "What? What about my daughter? What do you mean? WHAT!?" The yell of Pinkie caused everypony to flinch. Scout and Rainbow Dash stopped eating and waited to see what happened. Pinkie walked back into the dining room. "What happ-" Pinkie broke in mid sentence. "Our daughter broke a foals leg and popped it clean out of the socket!!!" Everypony turned to Marigold Pie. Pinkie was furious and waiting for an answer, Mary was still eating but bawling. As the toast grew soggy and the tension in the room became palpable Pinkie blurted out. "What the fuck was going through your mind!?" Rainbow jumped from her seat. "Hold on there's no need for that!" Scout went to go talk to the Pony at the door. "The god damn sheriff is at the door to take her so she can explain!" Rainbow peered at the door confirming her fear. "And she needs to explain before we all jump to conclusions!" Rainbow turned to Mary with a kind yet concerned look on her face. "Sweetie…what happened?" Snow was still crying. "I…j…just wanted toast…" The sheriff stepped inside the house. "Okay everypony needs to calm down. We don't know If she had anything to do with it…we just need to ask her some questions."
Down at the clinic Scout had helped with the procedure. The sound of them popping the leg back into the socket followed by a scream was heard down the halls. Snow pie and her parents waited eagerly for the sheriff to talk to them. Pinkie had comforted her daughter and Rainbow tried making sense of the situation. The sheriff walked out after talking to Grape Punch as well as her friends. "Okay you can go home, sorry for the scare." Rainbow and pinkie breathed a sigh of relief but Marigold was confused. "So who tried to frame my daughter?!" Pinkie didn't try to stop Dash from the outburst. "I'm sorry…the foals said it was her. We didn't peg her as a suspect but we had to go through the normal procedures." Rainbow still wasn't satisfied. "So what happened then? " The sheriff shrugged. "We have no clue…I don’t think your little girl is strong enough to do that, heck I don't think I could do that. They probably are just trying to cover for something they did." They were both still mad but glad they could leave. Scout cleaned up and went home with them.
"Okay what the hay was that about?" Pinkie shrugged and scout looked confused. "Well it wasn't bad so regardless of what happened there's no reason to get over excited." Rainbow Dash looked at her daughter expecting an answer. "I got in a fight…I didn't mean to hurt her that bad…I just wanted her to quite making fun of my family. Pinkie kissed her on the head and took her to bed. "It doesn’t matter. It's over and everypony is fine…kind of, get some sleep." Pinkie put her to bed and went back to the family room to continue their conversation.
"Well what now." Dash had a frantic look on her face. "Nothing…everypony thinks it can't be her so we keep it that way." "Ponies know." "They are foals…nopony is going to believe them." Pinkie was the only one with a cool head. Rainbow wasn't satisfied "Gindra frost said that it could come back." "This was an isolated incident that won't happen again…there's no reason to make a fuss about it." Scout ended the conversation there, refusing to go any longer with this disturbing topic.