• Published 23rd May 2023
  • 264 Views, 8 Comments

Freshly Baked Goods - Zeprto678



A human is sent into a human Equestrian universe and becomes their OC, 'Baked Apple'.

  • ...
6
 8
 264

Chapter 3: Dinner

The four of them were waiting for their drinks as Applejack wanted Apple Juice, Apple Bloom ordered a Chocolate Milkshake, Iced Tea for Big McIntosh, and a Lemonade for Baked Apple. The apple farmer had ordered some Onion Rings, while the younger apple sibling ordered some Jalapeno Poppers, and the friendly guy, who was convinced that he could order anything, had also ordered Jalapeno Poppers as well.

She decided to start some small talk with Baked Apple, who was staring at the decorations. “So, Baked Apple. About yer family?” asked Applejack.

That snapped him out of his staring. “Ah’m sorry, but what did ya say?” asked the friendly guy.

“Ah was askin’ what yer family is like. Can ya tell us anythin’ about ‘em?” asked the apple farmer.

Baked Apple blinked at her question before a smile appeared on his face. “Sure. Starting with mah parents, mah pa is a hard workin’ guy who loves his family ta death, while mah ma’s beautiful, an’ also kinda twitchy too,” said the friendly guy.

“Why would she be twitchy? Is she okay?” asked Apple Bloom, curious.

He sighed, angrily. “Yeah, except she was fired from ‘er job at the school without any answer as ta why, an’ was only told ta pack up ‘er stuff an’ leave the premises. After that, she got kicked out of ‘er home by ‘er boyfriend since the snake was moochin’ off of ‘er fer ‘er money while livin’ with ‘er, so he started datin’ another girl, and then the varmint kicked had ‘er pack up ‘er stuff before the son of a mule kicked ‘er out of ‘er own house,” explained Baked Apple angrily. “After that, she became what everyone has been callin’ behind ‘er back, a ‘conspiracy nut’. Few months later, she met my dad on his family’s farm, an’ the rest is history.” The friendly guy had angrily done the quotation marks with his fingers.

As soon as Baked Apple was finished, he noticed that his audience was staring at the friendly guy, all quiet. Not only that, but Banana Pie had arrived with their drinks too, and she was quiet as well.

He decided to change the subject. “Oh, lookie here. It’s Banana Pie with our drinks,” said Baked Apple. The friendly guy looked at the waitress.

That snapped her out of her staring.

“Oh. Yeah,” said Banana Pie. “Here are your drinks.”

The waitress passed each of them their drinks, causing the others to change their focus, for now. Once they all had their drinks, she had gotten out her order pad and pen again.

“Are you all ready to order?” asked Banana Pie.

The apple siblings were all looking at him. It seems they were offering for the friendly guy to go first.

“Y’all go first. Ah’m okay with goin’ last,” said Baked Apple, smiling.

Seeing that he was okay with it, the three decided to accept it.

“Ah think ah’ll have the Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Fries an’ a side of Coleslaw. Also, a slice of Apple Pie,” Applejack informed.

The waitress nodded, taking down the order.

The younger apple sibling went next. “Ah’d like the Macaroni an’ Chicken Cheese Meal, an’ a slice of Cheesecake please,” she informed.

“Okay,” said Banana Pie.

“Ah’ll have a Steak Dinner. Well Done,” the strong guy added. “And a slice of Apple Pie as well.”

“Great. And for you?” she asked, looking at Baked Apple.

“Ah’d like to order the ‘PBJSBBBO Burger’ with some Sweet Potato Fries an’ a Chicken Caesar Salad. Also, can ya kindly inform the chef that ah’d like mah burger cooked Medium Well?” he informed.

That confused the three apple siblings, but as for the waitress, she was a little bit surprised.

“The what?” asked the apple farmer.

“The PBJSBBBO Burger,” the friendly guy informed. Baked Apple pointed somewhere on the menu. “It’s right here.”

The three looked where he was pointing on their menus. Then, the three had faces of unease as they had read what it was. The PBJSBBBO Burger is actually known as the ‘Peanut Butter, Jelly, Swiss, Bacon, Banana, Bologna, and Onion’ Burger. It’s a burger that has a one-pound ground beef patty, Peanut Butter and Jelly as the condiments, Swiss Cheese, few strips of Bacon, sliced Bananas, a few slices of Bologna, and grilled onions as the toppings, and the buns that hold them all together are Brioche Buns that have been brushed with butter and grilled.

Banana Pie had said what the others were thinking. “Um, are you sure? Don’t you want something else instead?” asked the waitress.

He shook his head. “Naw. Ah’ll have the PBJSBBBO Burger,” said Baked Apple, adamant. “Back then, one of my sis did say that ah should ‘try out new things’, so that’s what ah’m doin’. Besides, somethin’ like this must be popular with some people, right?”

She scoffed. “Try no one. Those who ordered it only took a few bites before leaving it on their plates or spitting it out into their napkins before saying that the burger-” The waitress did the quotation marks with her fingers while having an annoyed look on her face. “-‘tastes disgusting and that they want their money back’,” said Banana Pie. “Others who see it on the menu talk about it behind my back saying it-” She angrily did the quotation marks again. “-‘belongs in the trash’.”

“Well, it sounds mighty tasty. Ah’d like ta try it please,” said the friendly guy.

The waitress sighed. “Fine. I guess you’ll be another one who’ll hate it too,” said Banana Pie. “So you said you want the burger done Medium Well, you want the fries to be Sweet Potato Fries, and you also want a Chicken Caesar Salad?”

Baked Apple nodded. She then wrote down his order before heading off towards the kitchen.

The friendly guy decided to continue off where he was talking about before, but with a change in subject. “So, as ah was sayin’, ah’m from a family of three older an’ one younger sisters, an’ one older an’ two younger brothers. Other than us livin’ there, there’s also our Granny an' Grandpa, mah older brother’s girlfriend an’ his baby son, an’ our farm animals an’ pets,” explained Baked Apple. “Oh, an’ even mah cousin once removed from mah pa’s side of the family, an’ ‘er daughter, both of ‘em stayin’ with us ‘til she finds a place fer the two of ‘em ta live in the city.”

She was impressed from hearing about his family. “Golly, ya have one big family livin’ together on the farm. Is there anythin’ else ya can tell us about yer family?” asked the apple farmer.

The friendly guy thought about it. “Well…” said Baked Apple.

He decided a few stories wouldn’t hurt, so the friendly guy then started telling them stories about his family.


Some Time Later

Banana Pie had arrived with some of their orders and gave it to each of them.

“I’ll be back with your Cheesecake, Apple Pie, and Chicken Caesar Salad,” the waitress informed.

“Thank ya. Ya can take yer time, BP,” said Applejack.

She nodded, and was about to leave, but decided to see Baked Apple’s reaction to his burger. The friendly guy looked calm as he grabbed the burger, and then took a bite out of it.

Baked Apple smiled as he enjoyed the burger. “Delicious,” said the friendly guy.

Apple Bloom couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “Seriously? You like it?” asked the younger apple sibling, disbelief.

He nodded as he was being completely serious. It actually tasted great to Baked Apple. That made Banana Pie happy, hearing that someone liked the burger. The waitress headed back to the kitchen to go get the rest of their orders.

She placed a hand on her little sister’s shoulder. “Apple Bloom, everyone has their own taste in food, including ‘im. Best ta just either accept it or ignore it,” advised the apple farmer.

Deciding to heed her older sister’s advice, Apple Bloom focused on her meal instead, which was macaroni and cheese with diced grilled chicken and bell peppers baked in it, and a breadcrumb crust on top, with a side of garlic bread, steamed vegetables, and mashed sweet potatoes with butter and maple syrup mixed in. They all ate their food in silence.


A Few Minutes Later

The group had all finished their food and were currently full. They were waiting for the check, even though Big McIntosh was the one paying for everything. Applejack was silent, planning on talking to the friendly guy, but before the apple farmer could, a plate with a slice of Banana Cream Pie was placed in front of Baked Apple. They looked up to see that it was the waitress who did it.

He was confused as to why she gave that to him. “Ah didn’t order this,” said the friendly guy.

“We give out a slice of banana cream pie to everyone who comes to the restaurant for the first time for free, and since it’s your first time here, you get one free of charge,” explained Banana Pie.

Baked Apple nodded, understanding. “Oh…” he said. The friendly guy smiled. “Thanks. Ah love banana cream pies. They’re in mah Top 5 Favorite Desserts at number three.”

“What’s number one and two?” asked the waitress.

He took a bite out of the pie. “Mah ma’s apple strawberry cheesecake an’ chocolate chunk muffins,” the friendly guy informed.

She nodded. Banana Pie would’ve said more, but then a voice interrupted the waitress.

“Applejack darling, is that you?” asked a female voice with a posh accent.

Everyone looked over to see that the voice belonged to a girl with purple-colored stylish hair and was dressed up like a fashionista. Next to her was a shy-looking girl with long, pink hair and was dressed up in a butterfly t-shirt and pants. The two of them were standing next to a table that was near the group’s.

Author's Note:

The story Baked Apple tells everyone isn't a made-up story. It's what exactly happened to his mother.

What? The PBJSBBBO Burger sounded good in my head.

The Psychopath proofread this chapter.

Comments are welcome. :heart: