• Published 19th Nov 2022
  • 1,288 Views, 5 Comments

Why is Human sad? - Abyssi amentiae



Over the past months, human has been behaving weirder and worse. Princess Luna will solve this problem today.

  • ...
4
 5
 1,288

Nothing will be forgotten.

Author's Note:

Here is a small, cropped and short sketch for a normal, full-fledged job. Maybe someone will like it and use it for bigger and more meaningful work.

P. S. It so happened that now I am in the hospital. So I'm unlikely to publish anything next week.

What can you be sad about? Why can you start looking at everything with a colder look and joking more and more offensively? Princess Luna has been asking these questions for a little more than a month, as she began to notice gradual changes in human behavior.

From the very beginning, it just seemed to her that he was just not in the mood. She herself had such a thing after the elements used their power, and therefore, she did not pay much attention to this fact. But after a whole week, his behavior and mood only worsened.

Princess Luna noticed the first serious changes a week and a half after human closed himself in his room for a whole day. It was the first time she had ever heard a joke from him with such a strong ironic malice. That day she realized that something had happened to him. And something serious happened.

- Greetings, my dearest sister. – unexpectedly for Princess Luna, the voice of her sister, Celestia, was heard.

The Princess of the Night was unpleasantly surprised that her thoughts were interrupted, but this bitterness paid off in full with the thought that her own sister had not forgotten about her and came not because she had to do some important government work, but just for her sake. And this thought was true.

- And the same to you, Sister – the youngest of them answered her. – Why did you decide to come to the long-empty hall intended for our early breakfasts?

Both ruling sisters were now in the hall, which had been empty until recently, for almost a millennium. But because of the man, Princess Luna had to look for a place where she could think about him in the morning, and finally clarify what was happening to him. And she found a place – it was a special hall built specifically for the two of them, which had also been empty for a long time, but was kept clean.

- I decided to find out from your guards where you now live in the morning. – the elder of the two sisters decided to switch to the old Equestrian dialect, smiling slightly at her younger sister and sitting opposite her at a medium-long table. – And they told me where your new abode is located. – in our old gathering place in the morning.

- And in truth, Sister, as you said. - The Princess of the Night nodded in agreement to her sister. – But that's not all you wanted to say, right? - the dark-blue ruler of Equestria stared questioningly at the white ruler of Equestria.

- Of course not, my moonbeam of light. - Princess Celestia quickly attempted to answer an obviously serious question for her own sister. – I wanted to find out from you personally why you left the last place where we met in the morning.

The Mistress of the Night in Equestria was expecting something like this question, but she was still not completely satisfied with it. Although, it is worth admitting, after the human began to behave worse, she herself began to partly imitate him, but in a lighter version. She is still ashamed of the recent incident when she made fun of an ordinary pony when her sister told how the reception of guests at the castle took place that day.

- I think I should inform you that you will hardly be surprised by my answer. - the Princess of the Night quickly cast her gaze at her part of the table, but immediately returned it back.

- And yet try to surprise me, sister. - Princess Celestia smiled broadly at her sister.

- You should have noticed the changes in man behavior. Is that right? - the younger sister looked into her older sister's eyes with all her possible seriousness. – For the sake of more free time spent on it, I now come here.

- Now everything is clear to me, probably... - after a minute of her silence, the Princess of the Sun decided to speak out quietly and sullenly. – He really became somehow more aggressive and... How to put it exactly... - biting her lower lip, the white sister tried to find the exact expression. – Sad or something? – Princess Celestia suddenly realized a simple truth for herself.

***

... and not wanting to wait until a person finds it and says the first words…

- What do you want from me, Princess Luna? - Unexpectedly for her, the man spoke sharply and neutrally, skillfully hiding irritation in her direction, thereby knocking Princess Luna off her thoughts.

- Do you really think that if the day ponies can't hear you walking, then neither can I? – the human continued the one-sided "dialogue", but with a more noticeable external irritation when Princess Luna did not answer anything for more than a minute after the first question from the man.

The Princess of the Night was slightly confused – she did not expect such a reaction to her appearance. Although she is ready to admit that being silent for more than a minute is really shameful in her case, but it does not negate the fact that she did not want to offend a person with her almost noiseless gait and he himself did the wrong thing for his part.

- I... – realizing that it was necessary to somehow start a conversation already, Princess Luna tried to start a conversation with…

- You. – but a man with a cold, but skillfully hidden aggression, abruptly interrupts her. – So why do you need me? – during the whole time of their "long" conversation, the man did not turn one iota in the direction of the Night Princess.

The princess did not like the way a person behaves, but she understood that if she starts any argument or says a reproach in his direction, she will simply lose – she knows perfectly well how strong a person is in arguments and demagoguery and how cruel he can be when he is not in the mood to say anything at all. He was one of those small units of intelligence who could give a calm verbal rebuff to her and her sister, but the man was also the one who could defeat Celestia in an argument, starting it with insults in her direction and in the direction of all that she had done. Yes, she will not forget how her sister, after almost losing outright to a man, sat in her office with such confusion as she had never seen in her entire life.

And therefore, without thinking twice, the Princess of the Night and the Moon – will go on a partial human occasion, otherwise, as she herself felt, something bad will happen. Not with a man, no. But it will happen to those who get an angry human.

- What's going on with you? – quickly, with a slight pressure, it was said to the younger of the two sisters, who remained standing a few meters behind the man. Less than ten seconds have passed since the last question from the human.

- Now or at all? – indifferently, with a small laugh, the man asked, not even intending to turn towards his opponent in this conversation. He already knew that the Princess had not come just to talk.

- What?.. – the dark-blue Ruler of the Moon was confused by human actions for the second time. More precisely, from words. She didn't understand what he wanted to say.

- That, Princess… That... - this answer introduced the Night Ruler of Equestria into a complete misunderstanding of what was happening.

- "Did I hear right?.. He said it with..."– chaos was going on in the thoughts of the Princess of the Night. – "No! A griffin's pike under my ribs!". she couldn't believe the way the man answered her. – "If the situation is so bad, then I have to end it now!". Steely determination began to fill the mind of the Night Princess. – "Even if he does not forgive me, I will do it!". – and these were not empty-mouthed. – "I know from personal experience what such a tone of voice means!".

- Let me help you. – the request was made in a pleading but confident tone. But the man was steadfast even when others begin to die. The Princess knew this, but she believed in a miracle.

- No. – the man answered simply and monotonously. - And you still haven't answered my question. – and still simply and monotonously continuing his speech.

- "It didn't work out… Maybe next time...". – the youngest of the sisters tried to believe to the last that she could help a person right now.

- Okay. Good. – the words were hardly pronounced, not without a bit of resentment at fate. – I wanted to understand the reason for your bad behavior, which worsens every day ... – at the end of her speech, the Princess of the Night lost all spark of confidence, not understanding why it happened.

The man didn't answer. Not in half a minute, not in a minute, not in two... Human and Princess Luna were standing in the middle of one of the large balconies of Canterlot Castle. The sun was shining, which would soon be replaced by the Moon. The man did not answer. And the Princess of the Night could not find the resolve to break the silence. But the silence was not eternal.

- Tell me, Princess. – the man uttered the words with obvious aggression, anger and sadness, but not aimed at her personally. – What can a person be like when he has Lost his Homeland, his Future?