• Published 13th Nov 2022
  • 922 Views, 34 Comments

The Tallmare (being reworked) - hus



Twilight was studying the wildlife and plant of the Everfree for a personal project. But wasn't aware of the disappearances that happened there and she was going to spiral down a rabbit hole

  • ...
6
 34
 922

Ch7 Fluttershy

Twilight pranced around her bedroom thinking of what to do next. She knew Luna was busy and that she couldn't help at the moment. Then there still were those new harddrives that she had to look at, which meant she had to go to the library again.

She really didn't want to go back there since she didn't wish to have somepony walking up behind her and seeing those videos. Wait, didn't Fluttershy have a laptop?

Then she remembered that she did in fact have one. She bought it to blog about her life with her pets and make documents to track their health. Twilight thought that what Fluttershy was doing as a good thing, taking up the job as a vet in her free time perfectly fitted her. Of course, she hadn't been to her house in weeks so she had no clue how Fluttershy was doing, or did she? She remembered that Fluttershy was acting off when they met 2 days ago, and not in her usual shy manner. Her happiness looked forced like she was under a ton of hidden stress.

Twilight suspected Fluttershy was going through the same trouble she was, or at least related to. She had to talk to her so she could have more pieces to the puzzle and to have somepony else besides luna to aid her in this investigation. So put the camera and the harddrives into her bag and trotted out the door. As she walked ponies gave untrusting glances at her, still suspecting her of being the serial killer from Canterlot. They were wrong on that part, but the only thing Twilight would admit to was her breaking and entering by definition.

So she ignored the many glances and glares and just focused on her current objective.


Twilight cautiously looked around the forest that surrounded Fluttershy’s house as she walked into the view of the large structure. Her house was a tree, like it was before, except there was now an underground electrical system that connected the town’s electric system to her tree. Right now it looked like the house wasn’t busy with animals or anything so at this point Twilight took advantage of the fact, and saw this as the right time to softly knock. At first there was no response. Then after a few minutes, the sound of hoofsteps could be heard behind the door and the yellow pegasus opened the door with enthusiasm.

“Um, hi Twilight. What can I do for you today?” she asked in her normal quiet tone but with a spark of vigor and helpfulness in her voice. Clearly, she was expecting Twilight to be there as a customer.

“Oh, it’s nothing Fluttershy. I’m actually here to use your computer for these harddrives.” Twilight then levitated the ten harddrives out of her bag individually showing them to Fluttershy. Fluttershy in turn scrunched up her face as she inspected them while looking at the names in confusion before turning her eyes back to her friend.

“So why do you need these harddrives anyways? And why don’t you use the computer at your library?.”

“Oh, I’m using these for you know, research purposes. YOu know, I don’t actually have a computer at my house. I’m not into the whole technology thing yet. So I would like to borrow yours to inspect these.” Twilight replied casually as she clearly had true intentions towards her investigation.

“Um, ok… just don’t take too long on there. I can’t have my entire day be spent by you investigating these harddrives for hours upon end. Because I know these small little gadgets contain so much information. I even have some dedicated videos about my pets.” Fluttershy remarked, thinking about the animals she had taken care of.

Then the two walked inside and Fluttershy guided Twilight to her laptop. Whilst Twilight followed Fluttershy, she took notice of how much more empty her little veterinarian house was looking. Before the place had been full of customers but now it looked decrepit and almost lackluster. Weirdly, the animals she usually had weren’t there either, but containers were empty and pens were vacant. Even her entire house gave off the clear emotion of distress and crisis.

“Well right up this way is my computer. It’s in my bedroom.”

Twilight pushed open the door and entered Fluttershy’s comfortable bedroom. Unlike the rest of the house, the room had remained the comfy and homey feel with nourished plants next to the window. Twilight turned on the computer and logged in via Fluttershy’s passcode which was placed on a notepad right next to the keyboard. The computer booted up and revealed a default computer background that almost every pony had on their laptop. It was a well-photographed picture of a rustic valley in the middle of spring. There was a forest directly behind the farmland which the camera was focused on. Twilight didn’t exactly know why the photographer took a photo of the forest and neither did any other pony . During the interview of the said photographer, he refused to give any answer as to why he took the photo. He stated it was more of a personal reason.

After gazing at the picturesque background for another solid minute, Twilight put in the first harddrive titled “The Everfree Hospital”. When she plugged it in a video file opened with the first video frame being an abandoned hospital corridor. As the video started there was this seemingly distorted music playing in the background as the cameramare slumped their way down the hallway. Small fuzz filled the view. At the thirty-second mark words appeared that said, “We know that you’re searching for us. You do not know that the silent queen always watches. Including us. We watch too.”

The camera view then switched to brief moments of static before going to a completely new angle. It was the same cameramare but this time the camera was zoomed in on someone familiar. It was Twilight and Spike. It was herself being recorded. In the scene, the camera was behind a bush with the pony holding the camera up to watch them. Before the video ended scribbled words filled the screen and read “we have watchers”. Of course, Twilight pulled the harddrive back out before sitting flat on her haunches as she pondered the recording she had watched. They were watching her way before she even got to see the Tallmare.

Out of curiosity and concern for her friend, she opened the blog files that were most recently added of animals in Fluttershy’s care. It all started about a week ago and on the week before with the first blog, she read “The animals were acting sickly. Specifically, Angel bunny.” Of course, Fluttershy with all of her medical prowess tried to cure them but it didn’t work out. The more Twilight read she found the animals were drawn to something. In later dates, from the present week, Fluttershy had started reporting on some people she was seeing in the woods. She said they were all looking at her and watching her pets and her customers’ pets. Eventually, she put most of them down and told the owners that they ran off. She knew their symptoms were abnormal and the fact that they were twitching so much was weird and how much they were drawn to something so far away made her feel bad for them. Of course, on that same day, she expressed she had been seeing the same faceless mare Twilight saw towering over her while filling her dreams with constant visions. Then as Twilight read, she heard the closet door open and looked behind her.