• Published 13th Nov 2022
  • 921 Views, 34 Comments

The Tallmare (being reworked) - hus



Twilight was studying the wildlife and plant of the Everfree for a personal project. But wasn't aware of the disappearances that happened there and she was going to spiral down a rabbit hole

  • ...
6
 34
 921

ch10 A Chat And A Interview

Twilight followed Luna to the library and entered carefully while Luna placed several magic wards on the doors and windows ensuring no one entered. As Luna did magic, Twilight looked around the library. She noticed how messy the library was compared to Luna’s previous visit.

“Wow, you should really clean up the place Ms. Twilight for I haven’t past seen a library as disordered and scattered as this one.” She scoffed as she placed her rump on a cushioned chair.

“I will, as soon as this is over. And what did you want to talk about Princess?”

“Well, first of all, how are you doing?”

“Well, I say I’m doing pretty meh right now Luna.” Twilight murmured as she grabbed herself a chair too. She sat with a groan.

“So, pretty in between, I see. Anyways, the second priority on the matter is what have you come to learn about this thing’s ability?” she asked inquisitively

“Um, what I know so far is that it’s pretty unpredictable. First, it can teleport in a way I don’t even know how. Specifically, the method of its teleportation. Second, it can physically transport objects a small bit forward in time and leave them there. The other thing is, that from my understanding I do not get the full scale of its abilities or powers. According to my understanding, it isn’t on your level of power Luna."

Luna didn’t say anything in response. She just fidgeted with a pencil with her telekinesis. “Tell me Twilight, why do you think I have gone to such lengths to find this creature?”

“Um, I don’t know? A personal grudge?” Twilight asked awkwardly.

“The answer is that this creature may provide answers into why some things are unexplored.” Luna said placing the pencil down softly.

In response scooted her stool in closer to her, feeling integrated by her small explanation. "Please, elaborate further."

“We may be deemed as goddesses, even though a basic studier of the ways of magic could understand that we are more than just demigods. But, for the longest time I have been alive ever since ascending to alicornhood I have seen something like this but not in the way that folk legends say. I know it originates forms somewhere, but I don’t know where. That place it comes from, I see as a threat. My sister doesn’t agree with me since she wants to lift the sun above our planet. However, I the princess of the night can see things, I have to deal with the nightmares of ponykind and griffonkind and all other intelligent species on this planet. And, I don’t even know what deaths this creature has come to or why it is here. So, to answer your many questions in one simple answer student of my older sister, I’m here because I’m curious.”

Twilight sat in her comfy stool lost on what words to say. She wasn’t shocked, but to see some pony as revered as Luna say she is just as clueless as the normal mare or stallion made her not entirely lose hope but to have doubt in the protective efforts of Celestia. “Well, anything else Princess Luna?”

“Nope, that’s all. But I do have a request. I want you to interview Octavia at the hospital. I know from your conversation with the sheriff that you were likely the one to assault her. Even if you tried to hide the fact that you did, I want you to get some info on this henchmare of this tall creature.”

“Um ok, well see you later then Luna.” Twilight said as she got off her chair and headed towards the door. Luna politely undid the protection wards and exited the door as well.


It was 11pm when Twilight was sitting in the lounge and waiting for the nurses to get permission to let Twilight in Octavia’s room. Twilight sat next to a stallion and his little filly as they played on a magically electric game system that emulated a somewhat cubelike game of survival and crafting. "Technology and magic sure do work hoof and hoof." she mused as mused as she watched the filly build a dirt block home.

“Ms. Twilight Sparkle your appointment is approved.” called out a nurse with a ruby red coat and curly green mane with bags under her eyes.

“Oh, thank you very much for telling me. Also, may I ask what’s your name?” Twilight asked as she walked up to the door to the patient wing.

The middle-aged earth pony groaned and rolled her eyes before saying, “It’s Red Hot Chili Pepper, please don’t ask anything else I’ve been dealing with a lot of patients. Just give me a break.”

“Ok, sorry, I will leave you be now. Bye!” Twilight carefully trotted down the hall as she looked for the room. She delicately held a piece of paper that had the room number she was looking for on it and looked back and forth between each consecutive room. “Ok, room 0-9-6 where are you?” Then she found it.

She slowly creaked open the door and saw Octavia resting on her hospital bed. Her face was covered by some minor bandages that were waxed on the wounds inflicted by Fluttershy. Octavia looked very tired and drained of any emotion to give. “Oh, so you’re Miss Sparkle huh? Funny that Vinyl told me about you. She said you were coming. Please sit down. I know why you’re here. You’re doing your own little investigative journalism.” She spoke to her in a smooth yet soft accent while she lay on the bed. Twilight walked forward and sat on her right.

“So, what do you remember of the night when you got hit? Or got hit several times, not to be rude.” Twilight said nonchalantly as she looked down at the bruised mare, pretending that she wasn't talking to the assailant that Fluttershy had attacked the night before.

Octavia smirked softly before giving a light-hearted chuckle. “Funny that you mention that because I don’t remember anything. All I remember is a dream. It almost felt like I was sleepwalking you know a dream where you feel like you’re walking but you aren’t. I just remember being in a forest, foals and colts were running around a stone and singing a song which was, well I really couldn’t understand.” Octavia paused and took a deep breath as she remembered more about the dream. “I remember walking up to those children but they didn’t respond but just kept running around that damn stone. Then, I don’t know why, but then my brother joined in. It may just be my grievance of him dying in the war against the nation of Stalliongrad or whatever psychological thing my therapist could say, but he was there. And I know Miss Sparkle you don’t want to hear any sob stories from me, but I remember my original home is situated near the front of where Chrysalis attacked. My brother died in that very brief skirmish at the Stalliongrad border, way before those changelings brought their tanks and infantry to my little town. I didn’t know what to do, I mean I did try to learn the way of the Equestrian rifle and tried to escape the horrors of the war but I will not discuss my war stories. Just in that dream, all I saw was the townsfolk I lived with that joined in too. Then Vinyl, oh sweet Vinyl she tapped my hoof then pointed me to a clearing in the woods. I don’t remember what I saw but it froze me. Then I woke up, badly bruised. "

Twilight looked down at the mare as she retold her dream, seeing the clear distress as she retold her memories. "Ok besides from the dream and the sudden bruises, anything else that would be considered out of the ordinary happing in your life?"

Yet again Octavia took a pause, thinking about what else would be worth mentioning. "Well that same feeling I had in my dream, the feeling I had when I saw whatever I saw in the clearing, it's there when I'm awake sometimes. Like I could feel it was there even before the dream! The last time I felt it was 6 days ago when I was eating at a cafe with Vinyl, She decided that she was going to bird-watch a young stallion and his marefriend, being the pansexual prev as she usually is. But I still felt the same gut-tugging feeling of fear from off to the woods in the distance, like the feeling was so familiar and yet so distant. But of course she nonverbally told me it was nothing, but it felt like she was lying, like she knew it was there." Octavia told her with an uneasy tone as she looked down at her blanket.

Twilight mentally noted the description of Vinyly's strange acknowledgment of the Tallmare's presence, concluding that Octavia had less control and memory compared to her marefriend "Anything else Octavia?"

"Nope, you can leave now Ms. Sparkle." Octavia dismissed, letting out a sigh of melancholy.

Twilight exited the room and headed back down the hallway, but then she stopped. The feeling was there again, but why? She turned her head back and saw Vinyly standing behind her, with that same all-knowing smile of what Twilight was doing. Twilight ignored the mare behind her and continued walking down the hallway before opening the pushable doors and entering back into the lobby


Twilight contained her walk down to Fluttershy's house while looking at passbyers talk about more details of the killer in town. The killer often stabbed their victims in the face several times, or kill them by carving a large hole in the victim's chest letting them bleed out in bed. Twilight continued walking as she heard many discussions and rumors of who was doing it, they ranged from the killer being the same one that took the foals and 2 adults, others claiming it was a vengeful changeling killing for his hive, but those really didn't matter to twilight since she had more clues than the rest of the populace.

Fluttershy then walked up in front of Twilight, looking a bit urgent. "Umm..Twilight...Someone wants our help."

Twilight looked surprised at the news and small intriguing and hopeful smile formed across her face. "Oh! ok, who wants help?

"Applejack"