• Published 13th Nov 2022
  • 922 Views, 34 Comments

The Tallmare (being reworked) - hus



Twilight was studying the wildlife and plant of the Everfree for a personal project. But wasn't aware of the disappearances that happened there and she was going to spiral down a rabbit hole

  • ...
6
 34
 922

ch29 Luna part 4 (end of Luna arc)

Luna still sat against the cobblestone wall with the two wounds dripping blood ontostones that made up the segments of the wall. She stared down at the ground while taking deep heavy breaths. She hadn’t focused but was now back. The little tiny bit of nightmare moon was now slightly poking its head out and announcing its presence to her. The rage had summoned it, but she still felt in control. She felt herself shivering with fear as she thought about her past transgressions against her sisters and Equestria. She didn’t want to let it come back. She slowly stood back up on all fours as her legs trembled with pain.

“Your false mother hurt you.” the Nightmare’s voice sneered in the back of her mind with empathetic spite, as the moon princess sauntered down the hallway to the stairs that lead to her room. “You, sure as Tartarus knows, what that dream was. You’re coming back for more? Even after finding out a segment of pain, you had forgotten? You know what your mother is now since you pieced it together so neatly. But are you willing to learn more and to put yourself back into those painful memories that you had forgotten long ago?” The Nightmare screamed shamefully as Luna opened the door to the stairs that led up to her bedroom. “I wouldn’t be ashamed if you did, after all, you would have me back to help you.” Luna stopped in hesitation as she thought about what she was going to do. She knew that her mother did those terrible things, but what about the rest?

What other things she did not know yet? How much have her false parents hidden from her? Why did it want her? She slowly climbed up the stairs while gritting her teeth in pain. She continued to climb before reaching the door to her old bedroom. Inside the bedroom looked almost as intact as her sisters, well almost. The floor was covered in bird dung and there was a large patch of brow mold growing on the curtains of her bed. She turned away and cringed at the sight of the mold before turning back to her desk. The dairy was still on the desk like it was before, except now its cover was covered in bird feathers and dust. She looked out of her window and spotted a falcon nest perched on a nearby branch, which seemed to not be in use anymore. “ the birds seem to have visited my old room when they still lived in that nest.”

She turned her head back to the old dairy that rested patiently on the desk, almost begging her to read it. Her shoulder blades still ached from the fresh wounds and her breathing was tense and deep. She wanted to open the book but the fear of what forgotten traumas awaited her made her hesitate. Luna then with a frustrated groan opened the book and blankly stared at the first page. The blank first page didn't help stop her mind from screaming to not read it, but she really wanted to.

She turned several pages trying to find where the pages had been torn off, before reaching the 116th page where the 3 other pages were absent. She didn't want to read the words but she had to. She could feel her eyes trying to move away from the page and her anxiety taking over. She didn't want to know what happened, she didn't want to remember, all she wanted was not to re-

“READ THE FUCKING BOOK ALREADY!” The Nightmare’s scream echoed in her mind with anger, which caused her to yelp before turning her eyes to the old ink-written words.

Her mind started to panic more and spiral down further as she read the following words:

“i haven’t realis'd t.. Until anon. I finally did found out who is't those gents w're, who is't mine own current parents art. Those gents art monst'rs, not metahp'ricly but did light'rary. I did found this out in the most undis'rbale of ways. I wast with mine own fath'r in the garden, i wast sharing mine own dreams with that gent. That gent hath seemed fell at the dreameth i wast telling that gent about, that gent hadst the same expression of recognition as mine own 2nd moth'r. Aft'r that gent shew'd me out of the garden i hath returned to mine own cubiculo, but i couldst feeleth a ringing teen in mine own headeth and h'rn at which hour i did lay th're. Yond dame creature wast beside mine own sleep chamber bef're t hath sent me into a rest. But then. I rememb'red… i rememb'r'd what mine own life bef're and what cameth of t. I did recall who is't mine own family wast, we w're nomads just liketh in the st'ries. We w're at each moment running, running from tribes did rule by hideous beast. Some times these tribes combated, their monstrous leadeth'rs did compete f'r landeth, ponies w're did treat liketh pawns and i remb'r the feareth in a warri'rs eyes at which hour that gent hath tried to killeth me. Mine own fath'r kicked the bucket from a did wind in the barrel, we w're po'r as rats. Then. moth'r kicked the bucket. The same f'rsaken mare yond appread in mine own oth'r dreameth, the dreameth of the strange city, the lady wast th're at our hut. The lady hath carried 'long c'rpses of fellow villig'rs and oth'r feinds in h'r that from which we speak. The lady did stare at me with thoes hallow eyes, drooping the c'rpses at h'r f'r hoofs. Th're wast eke this black mass of fog with thousands of chaps and stars in its corse yond hath followed h'r 'long. Mine own moth'r hath tried to guideth me into the hut bef're yond monst'r of a mare did snatch h'r in its chaps. T consumed with unbevilbly hot fangs twist'd and turen'd 'round mine own moth'rs flesh, h'r screams w're fearful and i rememb'r'd mine own corse shaking. Then.. thats all i recolet'd bef're i did wake up. The mare yond hath killed mine own moth'r is mine own curent moth'r; platnium. The black thing wast mine own fath'r; king cosmos. ”

Luna slammed her head against the desk and screamed with emotional angony. Her tears dripped off the edge of the desk as she continued to sob uncontrollably. The pain of abandonment filled her chest as the missing pieces slowly slid into place.

“You remember now don't you?” The nightmare sneered. “You and your sister were just a pawn in their little game. Your sister and you along with your teacher had finally removed them. But now look at you, you bow to your sister who is refusing to put this world out of its misery. Now let me have my control back!” It screeched as Luna felt the dark shadow taking over her chest.

She quickly gave a strong punch to her own face before collapsing to the floor. After falling down she slowly looked up and felt that familiar ringing headache as she slowly looked up. She could see the black tendrils slowly creeping through the door through the corner of her vision. She coughed and she panted as she tried to get up, but she couldn't. She could hear the nightmare screaming in pain as the silent queen got closer. She felt like it would kill her, but then again it probably didn’t want that to happen.

“GET UP! I SAID GET UP!”

She didn't want to, she didn't want to be back on that moon. She could see the tendrils wrapping around her vision and the ringing getting louder with each passing second. She was willing to accept whatever The silent queen had planned for her

“You will not die foolish child.” Soothly said the Silent Queen