• Published 29th Oct 2022
  • 923 Views, 64 Comments

Magical Radiance - Prixy05



What if Rarity became Celestia's student instead of Twilight?

  • ...
0
 64
 923

Introduction

It was entrance exam day at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, and various fillies and colts were being tested for entrance into the prestigious school. The guidelines were strict but did nothing to prevent dozens of families with their wide-eyed children from attempting to get in. This was all to the despair of the judges.

They had been forced to sit through tens, dozens, maybe even over a hundred magical "demonstrations" over the course of the day. All the unicorn fillies and colts displayed magical skill at varying degrees of inadequacy, and by noon, they were already tired with only three actual admissions to the school so far.

Currently they were judging a certain purple-colored filly named Twilight Sparkle. She displayed mid-level levitation capabilities, certainly at a higher level than her peers, but showed little promise elsewhere. Once the clearly nervous filly finished her demonstration, the judges discussed amongst themselves.

"She shows promise, but not at a high enough level for this school," yawned one judge, Top Marks, using magic to scratch away at his notepad with a pencil.

"Adequate levitation skills," murmured Crystal Clear, another judge, "I suggest low level courses for a semester. Then we reassess her." The other two teacher judges nodded in agreement.

"It's decided then," said Top Marks. He turned to the filly and her parents watching with bated breath below. "We have decided to consider your enrollment in the school miss Sparkle," he sneered. This mere statement was enough to send the filly and her family into whoops of joy along with an assortment of hugs. "Yes," Top Marks grumbled, eyeing the celebration, "You will be contacted within the next month with the proper information. You may leave." He clasped his hooves together while saying this, attempting to sound sincere. This "sincerity" vanished the moment the sparkles left the room.

Just then an earth pony entered the room, pushing a cart with an egg of some kind.

"Sorry I'm late," he announced, "Princess Celestia herself requested this be delivered here for the next test. For a miss Sparkle?"

This statement raised eyebrows.

"I'm afraid miss Sparkle just left," replied Crystal Clear.

The earth pony swore under his breath, "Okay okay. Just use it with the next one," he stammered, "Just don't tell the Princess I was late alright? The last thing I need to do is lose my job!" He looked at the judges, who displayed no response beyond boredom. Sweating, he backed up to the door, and immediately dashed out.

"Who do we have next?" asked Arpeggio, one of the other judges, unenthused.

Top Marks sighed and glanced at his list of applicants, "Two unicorns, Hondo Flanks and Cookie Crumbles," he eyed the egg while he spoke, "and their filly Rarity."