• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 1,159 Views, 14 Comments

Magyck - legionbrony



A boy named Brandon is accidentally teleported to Equestria by his genius fathers' invention.

  • ...
1
 14
 1,159

Chapter 7

"Twilight? You in there?" Applejack's muffled but distinctively accented voice could be heard through the door. "We're mighty sorry 'bout all that arguin' back there...Did we upset ya'all? Are ya all right?"

"We're fine, Applejack. Come in," said Twilight in a friendly tone. Applejack opened the door and walked in, her hooves clip-clopping on the wood floor. The rest of the Mane Six followed, rather abashed.

The farm pony led the group of friends over to Twilight. "We all wanted to apologize for all the trouble we've caused. We're awful sorry, Twi."

Rarity shouldered Rainbow Dash forward. The colorful pegasus glared back for a moment, then turned to Twilight apologetically. "Sorry, Twilight. I shouldn't have dragged your human out of your library without asking...next time-"

"I'm not her human!" spluttered Brandon indignantly. Everypony looked at him, shocked, except Twilight. Fluttershy squeaked and quickly hid behind Applejack and Rarity.

"Uh...you mean you...can talk?" stuttered Applejack. She stared for a moment, blinked, then shook her head. "Uh...sorry 'bout that...uh..." she stopped.

"Everypony, I think a formal introduction is in order. This is Brandon," Twilight began. "Brandon, this is Applejack," she said, directing his attention to the pony with the western accent, "Rarity," she pointed her hoof at a beautiful pony with a white coat, who was busy trying to get a yellow pegasus – Fluttershy, as Twilight called her – out from behind her. "That's Pinkie Pie..." said Twilight, frowning a little as the pony she motioned to began to dance about and repeat the word 'bibliophile' over and over. "She's...well, she's Pinky Pie, I guess." She looked suspiciously at the prancing pink pony.

Applejack came over. "Looks like Pink's got a new favorite word," she said. "Twilight, you're the eggh- Uh, I mean, you're smart; what's it mean?"

Twilight rolled her eyes, deciding that she wasn't being made fun of. "Uh...nothing important."

"Well, it certainly sounds interesting," said Rarity, who had succeeded in dragging Fluttershy over to Brandon. "Say hello, Fluttershy, dear," she said.

"Oh...um...hi." whispered the overly shy pegasus.

"Hi. So, you're Fluttershy?" he said, even though Twilight and Rarity had both already said her name.

"...um...yes..." she mumbled, trying to hide behind her hooves and then, as that proved ineffective, drawing out her wings and covering herself with them. "...eep!..."

Brandon frowned. Was he that scary? Twilight saw his expression.

"Don't worry, it's not you, it's just...well, meeting new people isn't Fluttershy's strong suit." A smiling nod from the rest of the group confirmed this.

Rainbow Dash landed between Brandon and Fluttershy, distracting Rarity and allowing Fluttershy to make her escape. Rarity sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Hey! Sorry about that whole, you know, dragging you into the sky thing, but I thought you were one of the bad guys!" Rainbow said. "Anyways, I'm Rainbow Dash, the coolest pony around, and the fastest flier in all Equestria!" She extended her wings proudly.

Well, how modest, thought Brandon. "Nice to meet you, Rainbow Dash."

Throughout this entire meet-and-greet, Rarity had been eyeing Brandon with distaste. Now that everyone had finished, she stepped forward. "Oh, finally, I thought it would never end! Now, come with me, darling, and I'll get you sized for something much less..." she mulled over her word choice before deciding that his current wardrobe was 'filthy', which, as Brandon looked down, he realized was putting it nicely. He followed Rarity out the door, leaving his inquisition by the curious friends for a later date.

When they arrived at the boutique, Rarity immediately found a measuring tape and began to find his dimensions. As soon as this was finished, she started on making the clothes. After a while, Brandon became bored and began to explore the house. He found nothing of interest until somepony screamed behind him, scaring him out of his wits.

"MONSTER!" screamed Sweetie Belle, rocketing away from him. "MONSTER!" She ran into the room Rarity occupied, crashing into her and causing the fashionista to drop Brandon's unfinished clothing.

"Sweetie Belle! What on earth has got you so worked up?" she exclaimed, levitating her work in front of her and quickly smoothing any wrinkles that its fall may have caused it to develop.

"Rarity, there's a giant MONKEY monster in the house!" shouted the excitable filly, her voice cracking from the emphasis on the word 'monkey'.

Brandon walked in, looking a little embarrassed and insulted. He knew that any child would react this way if an weird creature was discovered in their house, but still...

Rarity was a little less understanding. "Sweetie Belle, that is no monster! That is my good friend Brandon, and he is not a monkey, he is a human! In fact, as I am in the process of making him some new clothes, I would expect you to treat him like a guest and a customer! And-"

"Yeah, yeah, we always treat the customer with the highest respect," she said, clearly having heard this phrase many times over. She looked at Brandon for a few seconds, then a lightbulb practically appeared above her head. She gasped excitedly and rushed out of the room, now extremely interested in the prospect of getting some kind of human-related cutie mark. She had to find her friends; she was positive this would be the end of at least one of their blank flanks!

After she went outdoors, there was a knock and Twilight entered. "Hi, Brandon! I didn't get to question you earlier, so I thought maybe we could run through it now..." Her eyes shone with curiosity.

Brandon sighed. "Let's get this over with," he said.

Giving him a surprised, somewhat confused glance, she got out her checklist as she mumbled, "Well, I certainly enjoy it..."

Brandon sat and answered the barrage of questions to the best of his ability, but thanks to his missing memories, he couldn't really answer any of the personal questions. Twilight was still thrilled that she had gotten so much more information on humans, though. After the last question, she rolled up the scroll and said, "This is amazing! You're from a totally different world, where humans are the dominant species! Who would have guessed? William Manes was right all along! The multiverse exists!" She flopped onto a nearby sofa and took a minute to absorb this fact. "Absolutely incredible..."

Brandon took this chance to try to sneak away, but just as he reached the door, Pinkie Pie burst into the room, knocking Brandon back onto his rump. "Hello? Oh, hi Brandon? How are you? I was just coming to ask Rarity about your-" She suddenly clapped both hooves onto her muzzle. "Uh...your clothes! Yeah, how are they coming?" she said, talking around her hooves.

"Perfect timing, Pinkie dear!" said Rarity, appearing from the hallway. "Brandon, your outfit is finished!"

Huh? That's not possible! ...She probably just means she's finished designing it, he thought. He followed the jewel-flanked pony into the design room, and his eyes nearly popped out of his head.

The suit was white, with jewels forming designs all the way from the collar to the cuffs of the pant legs. It was easily worth more than the average sports car.

Rarity looked at him expectantly. "What do you think? Oh, and do close your mouth, dear."

Brandon realized his jaw had dropped from sheer astonishment. "Are...is...you...that's for ME?" he stuttered.

"Of course, silly filly! She just said it that it was a second ago!" Pinky laughed.

"If you don't like it, I made a few others with a few more jewels..." said Rarity, a little anxiety creeping into her voice.

"Um...actually, I'd like those others," he said, "Just because...uh...well, I wouldn't want to get that kind of suit messy," he stated. Then his brain processed what she had just said. "Wait...you made MORE clothes?!"

"Well of course," she said, surprised. "I wouldn't want to run the risk of making a wardrobe without anything you liked, and I forgot to ask you about your preferences."

He shook his head, and decided this was a conversation for another time. "So...how much do I owe you? ...Come to think of it, I don't think I have any money. In fact, I don't even know what you use for money!"

"Oh, don't worry yourself, darling. You can have them all for free. After all, you can't possibly pay me without any bits, and I shudder to think of you wearing those," she gestured to his current attire, "out in public! Oh, I feel faint already!"

Brandon blinked. Free...? She's just giving those gems away...for free?

The clothes were shoved into his arms. "Well, there you are! The dressing room is off to the left, and you know where the exit is! Enjoy! Now, to get started on my next order..."

After changing into the least flashy outfit (which still had an enormous sapphire right under the neck), he and Twilight returned to the library, and he watched the reactions of the ponies on their way there. Thankfully it was a short trip, but there was still a lot of commotion generated. He heard several ponies whisper "What in Equestria is that?" and a few less discreet shouts of alarm as ponies scrambled our of his way. He blushed profusely, but Twilight smiled at him.

"Don't worry, they'll get used to you," she said encouragingly. "Trust me, I've seen this kind of thing before."

He would just have to take her word for it.