• Published 25th Dec 2011
  • 11,433 Views, 242 Comments

Her Smile - Criticul



Luna and Fluttershy spend some time together at the Midnight Star Celebration

  • ...
18
 242
 11,433

Her Smile: Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Luna led Fluttershy through some empty corridors. The castle seemed strangely empty at night, most of the guards having gone home, save for a few that would keep watch over the Princess’ private chambers. Fluttershy shuddered; they kept the castle rather cold at night.

“L-luna...why is it so cold in here?” Fluttershy had decided to make idle conversation, as their trek to Luna’s room was utterly silent until then.

“hmmm? I’m sorry, I got... distracted” Luna was staring off, down the long, dark, hallway. She was very obviously lost in deep though.

“Um...I asked about how cold it is in here...”Luna looked all about the walls. She noticed that all the torches that usually line the walls had been put out.

“Well as you can see Fluttershy, we extinguish all the torches for the night. You know, to keep the castle from burning down.” Fluttershy giggled softly, not at the joke, but at Luna’s attempt to add humor to what should be, in her mind, a rather simple response.

“W-well...are the rooms at least warm?” Fluttershy’s face grew warm as the image of her and Luna snuggling together under a blanket appeared in her mind. “Why am I thinking of the princess like this?

If Luna noticed Fluttershy blushing she sure didn’t show it. She simply smiled happily at her and proceeded to answer her question with extra enthusiasm.

“Ahh yes, my bed is most cozy!” exclaimed Luna, seemingly proud of her living accommodations.

Once again thoughts of her and Luna sharing a bed, locked in an embrace flooded into her psyche. She felt the blush return in a much stronger form than before. Her face becoming a bright scarlet. “eep! I’ve got to stop thinking like that! What would the princess think of me if she knew?

This time Fluttershy was not able to hide her blush from the Princess. Even in the dim lighting she was practically glowing around the cheeks. She tried to hide her face, but was ultimately unsuccessful.

“Fluttershy...? What is wrong? Is it something I said?” Luna was bewildered as to why Fluttershy was blushing. She hadn’t said any suggestive or dirty; as far as she knew. She shrugged it off at the Pegasus’ shy nature.

“U-um...n-no Princess...”Fluttershy began to fumble over her hooves, the embarrassment only making her more and more clumsy.

“W-woah Fluttershy...are you okay?” Luna wrapped a hoof around her, trying to keep her stable. This only caused the blush to deepen, threatening to make the poor mare faint. She was still unsure as to why Luna’s touch excited her so.

“u-um..I...um..yes Princess, I’m fine.” Luna could tell something was bothering Fluttershy but decided it would be best not to pursue the issue. She would surely tell her if it were anything important.

“If you say so... but please, call me Luna. Princess sounds so boring. You could even call me Lulu if it pleases you.” Luna giggled at her last statement. Lulu was a nickname only her sister dared call her. Yet she didn’t mind if Fluttershy called her that, in fact, she actually hoped she did.

“U-um..okay..Lulu” Fluttershy all but whispered the word ‘Lulu’, still nervous about being so informal Princess” Luna grinned, noticing that Fluttershy’s face was still red.

Maybe she has a fever, though if I didn’t know better, I’d say she’s into me... but that can’t be it. We just met after all...” Luna thought to herself. She smiled widely as she finally approached her room.

“Ahh, here we are Fluttershy. I hope you like it, my room can be a bit of a mess at times...” Luna opened the door, trace amounts of light filtering through the widening crack of the door.

Fluttershy gasped as she saw the luxurious room. The room was draped in what appeared to be the finest silks money could buy. Luna had a lone mirror/desk combo over by a window, a dresser on the wall opposite her bed. Her bed was laced with wonderful black, silk sheets, but still seemed to glimmer in the warm emitting from a fireplace Luna had going. Overall the room had a very cozy feel to it, just as Luna had said.

Luna smiled warmly as she noticed how in awe Fluttershy was. “Yes, it is nice isn’t it? I would go as far as to say that it’s...fit for a princess” Luna laughed lightly at her pun, and much to her surprise, so did Fluttershy. She seemed to finally be letting go of that silly blush of hers and returning to her normal self.

Fluttershy noticed her reflection in the mirror and remembered what she was going to ask the Princess before she went and got herself flustered. “Is there anywhere I can go...freshen up?”

“Why would you want to do that...? You look fine. However, if you feel you must, then there is a bathroom right over there, past the mirror. Do try to be quick though, I’d hate to be all by my lonely self...” Luna had decided that one way to figure out why Fluttershy had blushed earlier would be to tease her and see if she could get a similar reaction.

Fluttershy did not blush this time though(at least not visibly). She just smiled gently at Luna and nodded. “I-I'll try to be quick.” She turned, tail swishing across Luna’s face, and walked down the dark hallway.

D-...did she just try to seduce me...maybe I was wrong about her. Nonono, Fluttershy would never be that bold, even if she did have feelings for me. She’s much too shy for a direct move like that...!” Luna continued to argue against herself trying to decide how she felt about the Pegasus, and how Fluttershy felt about her for several minutes. She was in the middle of making an argument for liking Fluttershy when she finally returned. Her jaw almost hit the floor when she saw her.

Fluttershy had done more than just “freshen up”. She had taken the time to clean off her face, and comb her mane just as she originally planned, but she also did something she almost never does...put on makeup. She put on a light layer of blush which complemented her yellow coat perfectly. She had put on light blue eye shadow which made her eyes stand out.

“Y-you look st-stunning...Fluttershy” Luna was now blushing a bright shade of crimson. If she wasn’t interested in her before, she certainly had a strong attraction to her now.

Fluttershy giggled. “Thank you, Lulu”

What has gotten into her? She’s not even nervous anymore!” Luna bit her lower lip, trying to bury her lust deep in the back of her mind, for now at least.

O-oh my. I hope she really likes it, and isn’t just trying to flatter me. I would hate to have gone through all that trouble for nothing...” Fluttershy gave Luna a very seductive smile and pranced over to her. Fluttershy was surely putting on a brave front, though in her mind she was still as nervous as ever.

I hope I don’t mess this up. Shoot, Fluttershy! You have to stop aiming so high. She’s a princess, and you’re just a scared little Pegasus. Well, it’s to late to go back now, I’ve already dressed up in this ridiculous get-up.

Fluttershy nuzzled up against Luna’s neck and whispered into her ear. “What do you want to do, Lulu?” She purred Luna’s nickname as she snuggled up against Luna.

Luna giggled as Fluttershy did this. “You’re so funny, Fluttershy.” Fluttershy felt her heart drop in her chest. She wouldn’t even take her seriously. She put on all this make-up to make herself look nice, and Luna takes it as a joke.

“She has to be joking, there’s no way she’s trying to come on to me, not the shy little mare I met earlier today.” Luna smiled on the outside, though inside she was being torn over her feelings for Fluttershy. She decided it would best to change the subject before her emotions got the best of her.

“In all seriousness Fluttershy I’ve always wanted to have a sleep over! Even though that’s kind of what we’re doing now...but I’ve heard that there are things you are supposed to do at them!” Luna face lit up as she began to remember her sisters description of a ‘slumber party.’

“u-um...” Fluttershy had returned to her usual, shy self. “what did you have in mind...?”

Luna’s grin widened as she reached into her desk drawer to pull out a small, rolled up piece of parchment. She let it unroll, revealing a long list of activities.