• Published 18th Oct 2022
  • 956 Views, 7 Comments

Queen of Storms - Silent Whisper



They say Princess Cadance and Shining Armor are still searching for their missing daughter.

  • ...
3
 7
 956

Entry 23

Mother,

She didn’t mean it.

I swear, she didn’t mean it and Father didn’t know how to tell her not to cast it.

She thought she’d perfected his shield spell, so no changeling could get in or out. Even after all this time, she’s still convinced that there may be more of them out there. Having those reformed - I hesitate to say “freaks,” but they’re certainly the strangest creatures I’ve met on diplomatic visits - insects train the guards about how to stop an invasion certainly didn’t help.

Sugar Berry just wants to keep me safe from anything that could threaten me. She cares about me, loves me, even, so much that she has been working on this in secret every second she could spare.

I’m just glad the nurses won’t let her in. They’re saying it’s for my own protection while I heal from the worst of the shattered bones, but I still feel guilty that I had to use my royal privilege to get some privacy.

I can hear her yelling at them now, in fact. Her voice is going hoarse. She hasn’t stopped. It’s been hours.

I don’t know how I’m going to tell her why it affected me. I know the nurses have said that she’s nothing but apologies, and frantically trying to figure out what went wrong with the spell.

Should I lie? Sugar Berry is my friend, and I’d hate to watch her lose herself in trying to find the error. She’s the best spellcaster I know, and for that I’m certain that she’d obsess over any perceived errors and unexplainable results. Past conversations with Sunburst and Auntie Twilight have taught me that much.

Father says that he’s glad his version of the spell was imperfect. I don’t know if that’s his way of dealing with what happened, or just the result of seeing his daughter in a crumpled heap against the palace wall. Thank the Northern Lights that I’m stronger than the average pony, or I’d be a stain on the otherwise-perfect crystal by now.

I’m surprised you haven’t visited, but I know you’re probably busy isolating this wing of the hospital. The list of ponies who know what I am is growing steadily longer, isn’t it? I wonder if Sunburst minds the company on that particular piece of metaphorical parchment.

Even with my alicorn durability, I’ll still take too long to heal all the way in time for the storms to weaken. I don’t want to wait another year. Everypony loves me here, but I still don’t quite fit in. You understand, right, Mother?

Sincerely, We Know Who I Am