• Published 19th Oct 2022
  • 321 Views, 1 Comments

Around A World: Equus - Dragon Shimmer

  • ...
13
 1
 321

A new crewmate

Frost Ice stands up and is about to leave this airship. He has nothing to do but be boring. When he is preparing to leave, a knock on the door interrupts him. The dark blue dragon opens the door and sees his daughter. This time the red stripes are not present.

The dark blue dragon is reaching out to hug her but Icey steps aside. Frost Ice rubs his head. "You're back. How can you resist the brainwashing spell?"

Icey folds her claw. "That's because I have never been brainwashed from the beginning."

"Why did you do that?"

Icey glares at Frost Ice. "Because I feel that you always care about my brother more than me. Plus, you're gonna send me away with someone, right?"

Frost Ice is shocked. He sits down. "Look, I just want you to have a happy life." Icey summons her ice spear and points at him. Red stripes start appearing on her face. Frost Ice steps back. "Wait... you don't have to do that."

'Explain those words that spilled from your mouth when you arrived here.' The red stripes run through Icey's body. "Explain it."

The dark blue dragon is speechless. Icey steps a little more and puts the spear near his neck. They are interrupted by a knock on the room door. She opens the door and sees the light green dragon standing before her.

Icey is surprised and her red stripes are fading. The light green dragon hugs her. "Oh my daughter, I never thought I would see you again."

"Mom... I..." Icey drops her spear and hugs her mother. "I am..."

"Don't worry. I'm here." The light green dragon kisses her daughter's forehead.

"Now go outside. I have a word for your father."

Icey nods and she leaves the room. The light green dragon sighs in relief. "I thought she would cry after that."

"Me... too." Frost Ice turns away from his wife. "What are you doing here, Leafy?"

"I heard that you trigger our daughter's rage." Leafy folds her claws. "And these 'wardens' are too generous to kidnap a ruler. Unless..."

Leafy glares at him. Frost Ice waves his claws and starts confessing. "All right all right, It start like this."

Frost Ice starts talking about how he triggers her rage, but still doesn't know why his horns are changed. Leafy shakes her head. "I didn't know you were a fool in three seconds like that."

"I know... now, I can't face my daughter." Frost Ice turns to his stuff. "I just want to leave this airship as soon as possible."

"You can't." Leafy taps her feet on the floor. "Not without an apology for her."

Frost Ice stands up and is going to leave the room, but the light green dragon stops him and starts dragging him away.


Diana is lying on the table and enjoying the sun. Spike, Matt and Twilight have not returned to the airship yet, which has her feeling annoyed. Sunset is trying to form a weapon with her magic, but all she has is big fire without any shape.

Sunset breathes heavily and lies on the floor. "I can't even do this."

Diana rolls around. "Then how can you perform your 'Wyvern Slash', Mrs. Lying herself? You do this over and over for an hour."

"Hey, I am not lying." Sunset gets up. "And honestly, I don't know."

Diana huffs and turns around to the door. The orange dragon constantly acts on her behalf, and it annoys her. Diana sees Icey stomping and coming out. The light blue dragon sits down and lies on the table. Her face is folded down.

Diana pats her head. "You okay there?"

The light blue dragon gives no answer. Diana hears some sobbing from her. The black cat pokes the sword in her head.

"Not now." The blue dragon faces up to the black cat and gumbles. Tears still cling to her eyes. She asks. Icey asks, "Can you teach me how to control my anger?" The black cat raises her sword and is about to slash her, but Icey stops her. "Why did you do that?"

"Chop you into pieces." Diana licks her lips.

"Don't worry, it won't hurt."

"Hey, you cut me to pieces many times with that sword." Icey takes the sword away from the black cat. "Why?"

Diana takes back her sword. "You didn't let your father say a word, did you?" Icey turns her face away. Diana gives her a smirk. "Next time don't ask any dump questions."

Icey whispers. "I hate you."

Diana pats her back. Icey is trying to hug the cat but Diana slaps her claws away. Next, Diana climbs on Icey's head and rests there. The blue dragon huffs and waits for her wound to heal. She notices that many of her guards are looking at her.

After a while, Frost Ice comes out with his wife. The dark blue dragon turns away from her daughter. The light green dragon lightly kicks him.

Frost Ice faces his daughter. "I am sorry." Icey turned her face away from him. Frost Ice kneels down. "I am sorry okay. Despite my love for you as your brother, I am scared to lose you. That's why I never let you go to training."

Icey turns around. "Then what about marriage?"

Frost Ice turns quickly towards his wife. The light green dragon turns away from her daughter. That's just me trying to ensure your safety." Diana is just talking over Icey's head. Leafy giggles. "At least you have a cute cat."

"It's just so cute outside, but inside, the room is filled with rugs and rags with nothing inside." Icey sighs. "Anyway, I will not go back there."

"And..." Leafy smiles. "How about your father?"

Icey turns her face away from her father. The dark blue dragon sighs in disappointment. The black cat snaps her paw and Frost Ice's horns are back to normal. Frost Ice doesn't notice that. He and his wife are flying back to the ice cave, with their guards.

Icey watches the duo make their way back to their home. Diana smiles. "You sure you want to come with us? I am not sure that you will survive here."

"I am being killed and butchered a lot by a certain evil cat. What could possibly be wrong?"

"So, you are still angry with your father."

"Nah." Icey smiles. "I'm glad that he knows his fault, but I don't want to go back there now."

Diana rolls her eyes and jumps onto the table. Now, a new crewmate has been found.


Twilight, Spike and Matt are relaxing in the living room. As a result of dealing with the miner, the trio is exhausted. Spike reads the letter and sighs.

Twilight asks. "What's happening?"

"Mahattan is in trouble, some of the crime organizations are on the rise inside." Spike flips another. "But that's all I got, Princess Celestia doesn't give us more details."

"Maybe that problem is too serious to describe in detail." Twilight takes the letter. "Hmm... I don't know through."

"Great. I hate big cities so much." says Matt. "Cars, computers and the noise will make me can't stay long."

"Actually, I don't know anything about cars or computers." Twilight tilts her head. "Is this some kind of technology?"

"You can say so," Matt waves his hand. "But I don't want to talk about this. I am not Lance."

Twilight nods and continues to read the letter. After a while, Twilight closes her eyes and her horn shines brightly. A purple orb appears. Spike and Matt are not tired anymore but Twilight is breathing heavily. Spike holds her horn to stop her from drifting overboard.

Matt stretches his body while Spike carries the purple alicorn. Then they leave the room, but Shining Armor and Cadance notice them.

Shining Armor asks. "You're leaving so soon?"

"Yeah." Spike rubs his head. "Twilight wants us to go back into the airship as soon as possible."

Cadance nods. "I see. But at least let us help you with this trip."

Spike is preparing to deny but Matt raises his arm to stop him. The swordsman smiles.

"Then give us some money and food. We need those for the trip."

"How about weapons?" Shining shows him a cannon. "The sky pirates won't give you a chance to explain."

"We can handle it." Matt is spinning his arms. "Don't worry."

Matt nods as they lead him to the storage. Spike flies back to the airship.


A group of soldiers and Angra dive into the depths of the ocean. The bubbles on their heads keep them from breathing under the water.

On their way to the gate of the kingdom, they see that the guards are like ponies, but they have fish tails on their lower bodies. One of the guards swims to them and asks. "Are you Angra?"

"Yes I am."

"Follow me. Our queen is waiting."

The guard leads Aangra and Sound inside as the white dragon commands his guards to wait outside.

After a while, the guards lead them to a room. The creature has pony-front hooves and a fish tail. It also has a pink and purple mane and tail, as well as blurred wings.

Aangra smiles. "Nice to meet you, Queen Novo."

"Sit down." Queen Novo smiles. "So... you are the one annoying me with letters for many days."

Aangra bows, then they sit down. "Sorry about that, my queen. This is a serious problem that could threaten your kingdom and your people."

"Tell me."

Aangra starts to talk. "Do you know the Storm King?" Queen Novo's smile is fading. The white dragon taps his finger on the table. "That guy is planning to take over this land again."

"Why should I believe that? It has been a long time since we run away from him."

"Because he is also searching this area these days." Aangra grinned. "I am the one who wants to kill him here."

Queen Novo sighs. "Looks like we have the same enemy here."

"How about we work together?" Aangra suggests. "I will defend your kingdom."

"And what is an exchange? You are not doing this for free."

"I just want food and weapons. That's all I need."

For a moment, Queen Novo is silent, then she asks. "What's your game, dragon?"

"Nothing." Aangra snaps his claw and Sound gives Queen Novo a contract. "This is my contract. Now, we will leave you here."

Queen Novo sends some guards to lead them outside. While they are outside and leaving the kingdom, Aangra smiles and commands. "Regroup all of them, we have a show to perform."

Sound nods and teleports back to the castle.