• Published 19th Oct 2022
  • 321 Views, 1 Comments

Around A World: Equus - Dragon Shimmer

  • ...
13
 1
 321

Dragon Rage

The crystal pony guards are setting the camp and treating the injured ponies in front of the dungeon. Many of them see the ice dragons surrounding an airship.

One of the pony guards asks. "Hey, what are those dragons doing with that airship?"

"I don't know. Maybe just raiding some stuff." Another pony guard takes the big box. "We have no right here unless they are near this dungeon."

Suddenly, a white unicorn with blue hair is screaming in the sky. All of the guards look up and see their captain, Shining Armor, falling from the sky shield and the purple alicorn is trying to catch him. The unicorn guards quickly form a formation and catch their captain with a levitation spell.

Shining Armor lands on the ground safely and sighs in relief. "Good job soldier."

The guards nod. "What are you doing here captain? I thought that you will be busy in the castle."

"I am coming with my sister." Shining Armor steps beside them to see his sister. The guards quickly bow to Twilight. Shining Armor demands. "What are you waiting for? We have to prepare to go inside this dungeon."

"Ye...yes sir."

The guards run to the tent to prepare everything immediately. Twilight looks at the dungeon gate. It has many spikes around it with some animal skulls on the stick. The purple alicorn feels something not right about this dungeon. She asks the guard to head to the medical tent. She wants to collect more information about this dungeon.

After a while, she sits at the table and starts thinking about this dungeon. According to the injured soldier, this is a very short one. The first floor is just some simple trap but the second one is an army of colts and fillies that can be exploded when someone touches it. The guards stop on the second floor for their safety but they feel some dark energy inside the third floor.

Twilight takes a spear and looks around to make sure no one's gonna see her, but the white unicorn stops her and asks. "Where do you think you are going?"

Twilight lies. "I just got some armor and weapons to prepare for the dungeon, but I lost where the weapon is."

"Oh... " Shining smiles. "Let me show you."

Shining leads Twilight to the armory tent. There are plenty of weapons in there but she doesn't find anything useful, except a very long spear. Twilight takes the spear. "This thing will be good."

"What are you doing with that spear? It is too long for the normal one."

"You will see about that." Twilight wears the helmet and armor. "Let's go. No time to lose."


The ice dragons and the crewmates are watching as Icey is trying to hit her father, but Frost Ice can dodge them all and quickly kick her stomach. Icey coughs and gets up. She points the spear at the dark blue dragon and glares at him.

Frost Ice picks up his hammer and slams it on the floor to create an earthquake, making Icey imbalance and flies up. Frost Ice quickly takes her tail and throws her into the floor. After a while, the light blue dragon still did not get up. Frost Ice smiles and steps forward to the crewmates, but many ice spears are plugging in front of him. Looking up, he sees Icey riding a big spear. Frost Ice quickly uses his hammer to slap the spear away. Icey lands in front of the crewmates and points the spear at him.

Frost Ice asks. "Icey... what happened to you?"

Icey says nothing. Matt is going to yell at him but Diana puts her paw on his mouth. The black cat flies on Icey's head and whispers near her ear. "Control yourself, there is a big power inside you."

Icey doesn't listen and rushes at Frost Ice at a faster speed. Frost Ice swings her hammer to try to hit her but the light blue dragon slides under the ground and slashes at his legs. Frost Ice grunts and slams the hammer down the ground to create another shaking.

Frost Ice looks up and sees Icey is looking at him from the sky. The dark blue dragon flies up and sees. Icey's red stripes are already shining, her spear is covered by a big mana. She is glaring at them. Frost Ice is shocked when seeing her in that state

Matt feels something is not right about her. Looking around, other ice dragons are murmuring about the light blue dragon. Matt turns to the black cat. "What's happening?"

"Prepare something." Diana shakes her head and goes inside the ship. "Someone will need some treats."

Icey raises her spear, charges at her father with a higher speed, and spins herself with the spear. The dark blue dragon forms three shields to block them but Icey pieces them like nothing. Frost Ice swings his hammer and hits the blue dragon to the floor.

Icey lies there as Frost Ice lands in front of the crewmate. His chest is bleeding a little. Frost Ice points his hammer at them. "Who's next?"
Matt is stepping forward but Diana comes out with a medical box and pulls him back. The black cat flies close to the dark blue dragon. Frost Ice gives her a smirk. "Oh, you want to fight me? Bring it on."

Diana shakes her head. "Rule number one: never leave your eyes away from your opponent."

"What do..."

A spear is flying near his face and his blood is shed. Frost Ice turns around but Icey grabs his body and slams him hard into the floor. The dark blue dragon coughs and tries to stand up. Icey quickly runs around Frost Ice with the spear is dragged on the floor.

When the dark blue dragon gets up and takes his hammer, he sees an ice cage around him. Frost Ice tries to smash it but it is not cracking. The dark blue dragon smashes his hammer multiple time but it is no use. Suddenly, many claps of thunder strike him directly. Frost Ice tries to get his consciousness but the thunder strikes him again. Looks at his daughter, her claws are covered by thunder again.

Icey keeps striking her father without hesitation. Matt feels not right and puts his hand on her shoulder. "Hey, that's enough." she slaps him away and then attacks him with the lightning again. Matt rolls on the ground to dodge, then throw the bucket at her.

Icey slaps it away. She raises her claws and many black clouds are coming at her. Spike quickly breathes fire at her. Icey rolls down on the ground and kicks at his stomach, then throws the ice spear at him. The dragon around the airship starts to fly their king to cover. Icey calls the thunder from the black clouds and many thunders strike at the airship, creating a cage to prevent someone from disturbing.

Matt gets up. "What... what's happened to her?"

"Wow, she will have a lot of training for this." Diana folds her paws. "You can have this."

Icey throws the ice spear at Diana. The black cat is going to slap away but a firewall prevents it. Sunset teleports in front of Diana with a wooden staff on fire. The clouds start striking thunder at Sunset. The orange dragon teleports near the ice dragon and grabs her body to hold the ice dragon. Icey js struggles to get away. Matt gets up, then jumps and throws a punch into Icey's face, make the blue dragon unconcious.

The electric cage is gone, following the ice cage and Icey's red stripes. Matt cracks his hand. "Why should I have to solve the problem by a punch?"

Frost Ice looks at the orange dragon, who is stepping closest to him. The dark blue dragon tries to say something but smashes into his head making him unconscious.

Sunset breathes heavily and holds her chest. Diana walks close to her and looks at the dark blue dragon. "How is your feeling?"

"I just... want to protect my friend." Sunset takes a deep breath. "Why is this feeling so familiar?"

"Sure you do." Diana turns away. "Get those ice dragons inside. We got them."

The dragon doesn't know what to do since their king is defeated. When the cage falls, they see the orange dragon smashing him into his head. Matt looks at them. "What will we do with them?"

Diana takes a speaker. "You all should go home or I will murder all of you, one by one." The dragon glares at her but Diana adds. "Oh, also your king too."

The ice dragons are looking at each other, then discussing with each other. After fifteen minutes, all of them are coming back to their kingdom, but some of them decide to stay to watch their king. Diana sighs in relief.

Spike gets up with his claws on fire, but he realizes that the fighting is over. Spike looks at Icey. "What's happened to Icey? It was not like her before."

Diana grabs the hammer. "You heard about mana overload, right?" Spike nods. The black cat starts picking some logs. "That is an example of what happens when you are in that state."

"But where did she get that mana from?" Spike rubs his chin. "Oh wait, those red stripes."

Matt turns to him. "You know about that?"

Spike picks Icey up. "I heard Lord Torch talk about something called Dragon Rage, but I am not sure if that is right or wrong."

Diana drops the logs. "Tell me more about it."

"Let me see." Spike takes a note. "Hmm... I see Twilight writing here." Spike flips some pages. "There it is. Dragon Rage is a state in which a dragon is angry or even furious. The dragon in this state will receive a lot of energy inside them and start losing control themself."

"Oh, sounds like 'breaking the chain' huh?" Diana sits down. "I should give her more training later."

"This state is very ... rare, only five hundred to one. The dragon in this state has a lot of power inside, but they will be very weak compared to normal dragons due to the energy inside is not in control. Most dragon rulers can control this state."

"Wow. Sounds like someone I know." Matt looks at Sunset. "Not gonna talk about that."

Sunset huffs. "I am not a jerk who tries to put the 'memory' into my head."

Matt counters. "Come on. How long will you forget that?"

Sunset tries to pick Frost Ice up. "Can you help me please?"

"Sure," Matt opens the door. "Here. You're quite strong here."

Sunset is heading to the empty room to put the ice dragon down. When she just steps into the door, Matt trips her feet and Sunset falls to the ground. Sunset gets up, jumps at him, and starts fighting with him.

Diana shakes her head and picks Frost Ice up by levitation. She sees his horn is in a different color. Diana announces. "Hey Matt, you make Sunset touches his horn here."

The duo stops fighting when hearing that. Matt steps away from Sunset and hides somewhere. The orange dragon's body is on fire and forms many magic circles to shoot magic missiles at him. Matt is running away from the raging dragon.

Spike shakes his head. "That is an example of Dragon Rage."


Twilight and Shining Armor are walking inside the dungeon. Shining Armor steps in front of Twilight to make sure his sister will be fine. Suddenly, his sister pulls him backward. The white unicorn stands up and sees many arrows shooting from two sides.

Twilight looks at the ground and murmurs something. Shining Armor asks. "How can you know there is a trap."

Twilight points at the brick. "Abnormal brick set up." Then she points at the hole in the wall. "Hole on the wall." Then she points at the coyote statue on the royal door. "And an abnormal statue that doesn't fit the style."

"I see."

"Let's go. We have to hurry before this dungeon changed into something."

Shining nods and he walks with Twilight this time. He is still worried about his sister and stuff.