• Published 28th Sep 2022
  • 379 Views, 14 Comments

Chaos and Order - Starlight Fan



In an AU where Starlight reforms and Discord has not, Starlight heads to the Canterlot Gardens to see some Equestrian History, she is surprised when a certain statue seems to be able to talk.

  • ...
2
 14
 379

A Walk In The Canterlot Gardens

Starlight was honestly surprised to make it as far as she did in her life.

When she first made her town of Equality, she was at her lowest, believing that cutie marks were the bane that caused friendships to crumble ever since Sunburst left her, so she figured by removing them, she would be able to make a change. A good change that would benefit all of Equestria.

However, in the end, her ideals were selfish, she forced her will onto her villagers, and was only giving them a false happiness.

She took a bold move in recruiting Cheese Sandwich into her village, he was a popular party pony who was starting to believe that he only exists to make others smile, Starlight admittedly felt bad for him and recruited him into the town. Once he did, Pinkie Pie was made aware, and got her friends, including Princess Twilight to try and help the villagers find a better way.

However, once Twilight had talked her down as she tried to make off with her and her friends’ cutie marks, she relented and allowed herself to become a student for the Princess.

She made a few mistakes as she stayed in Twilight’s library, and heck she got a little too bold at one point and even tried to stop the infamous magic eating centaur Lord Tirek on her own, but that only led to her magic being stolen and being held hostage until Twilight traded her magic for hers’ and her friends’ release after Tirek forced Starlight into making him aware of Twilight’s biggest weakness.

Ironically, it was thanks to Starlight giving a necklace Sunburst made for her to Twilight as a sign of their friendship that Twilight not only defeated Tirek but also gained a new crystal castle.

To this day, Starlight was still shocked that she was forgiven for the messes she made and even with reuniting with Sunburst, she still felt a bit hollow. Twilight suggested to her that she should take a walk around the Canterlot gardens to clear her head.

And there Starlight was, at said gardens, it was mostly isolated, probably because hardly anyone interested bothered to look there. She looked to one statue of three ponies seemingly having fun, she smiled a bit fondly, she knew it represented friendship, something that she hoped to achieve one day.

She then saw another statue of a pony holding up an orange flag with yellow diamonds. It didn’t take Starlight long to realize that was a flag of victory.

“Wow both these flags represent Twilight well. Friendship and Victory. Hope I can achieve that one day.” Starlight smiled fondly.

”Oh gag, your talk about friendliness and hope and all that garbage is so gag-worthy.”

Starlight heard an eerie voice from the garden and she immediately flared up her horn, “Who’s there? I’m really good at magic you know, and I’m not afraid to use it.”

”Calm down you impulsive little unicorn. I’m a statue, I can’t exactly hurt you.”

Starlight heard the voice explain, so she refrained from using magic but kept her guard up, “You’re a statue, which one are you?”

”Ah, so you want to know. Take a good look around the field, you will likely notice that one of these are not like the other.” The voice riddled.

“One are unlike the other.” Starlight analyzed the statues, only to find a statue that looked very different from the other pony statues. This one looked terrified, it had a pony head, a lion’s paw, an eagle claw, a lizard leg and hoof, and a snake tail.

“Are you the mismatched creature?” Starlight asked warily.

”Ding ding ding, someone give the pony a prize, oh wait I can’t, sorry.” the voice spoke mockingly.

Starlight fought the urge to show any anger towards the statue and continued to ask questions to see what the creature was, “What are you anyway?”

”I’m a Draconequus. I’m a mismatch of ordinary creatures and can create chaos on a whim.” the voice spoke, suddenly Starlight’s eyes widened in horror, Twilight spoke of a freaky mismatched creature she encountered, it also caused chaos and anarchy.

“But I’m sure you knew of that Starlight Glimmer. Student of Princess Twilight Sparkle!” The voice said mischievously.

“Discord… Wh-How do you know my name?!” Starlight cried out in alarm.

”Being turned to stone does not keep me from hearing what ponies say. Everypony’s been talking about you, the former cultist, the one who led Tirek to Twilight, and most importantly being Twilight’s student.” Discord spoke sinisterly, and Starlight could only assume that he was smirking underneath that stone.

“How are you even able to speak to me anyway? You’re still a stone statue.” Starlight asked with a shaky tone.

“Oh Starlight. So much chaos has been occurring for a while now. I couldn’t not begin to start cracking. Though the Elements were certainly stronger than last time, so I’m not really gonna be escaping anytime soon.” Discord said, which Starlight hoped was the truth.

“You made a mistake in revealing this Discord, when Twilight and Celestia are aware of this, they’ll…” Starlight began to speak before Discord laughed mockingly, “Oh please, so long as I am stone no one will know about this. I’d suggest you do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut, I’m only looking out for you after all, they’ll likely assume you’re crazy and begging for attention.”

Starlight had to admit, Discord had a point, no one would believe her as long as Discord was still in stone. All he had to do was keep silent, what could Starlight hope to do.

“You won’t get away with this you know. Sure enough, you’ll somehow be stopped.” Starlight said defiantly.

”I sincerely doubt it, but in the interest of our new companionship, should I see you if I escape. I will not harm you or your precious Sunburst. Then you can’t say I didn’t do anything nice for you.”

Suddenly Discord stopped speaking, which confused Starlight, soon enough a brown stallion who was in a yellow guard uniform walked up to Starlight.

“Miss Glimmer, your time here is up, it’s time to go.” The stallion told Starlight.

“Oh… of course.” Starlight smiled nervously before trotting off to exit the gardens, that was certainly a weird experience, but Starlight figured there was no way that could be real. Her mind was probably messing with her again.

Unfortunately for Starlight, from inside the stone, Discord had been in a dark void, sitting on a lounge chair and eating chocolate coated popcorn from a bag, and held a cotton candy with mustard on top, as he looked through inside the statue the whole time, watching the unicorn exit with a sinister grin on his face. It was clear that Discord had indeed been talking with Starlight this whole time.

“I think I found my new favorite Twilight. She’ll be perfect for my new utopia.” Discord said, still wearing that same smirk from before.

Author's Note:

This concept was just too perfect. This is basically an AU if Starlight were able to reform Discord instead of Fluttershy. I had thought about it for a while so all I had to do was think of an alternate outcome for how to defeat Tirek, reform Starlight early, and get Twilight her castle and it all looked up from here.