• Published 27th Sep 2022
  • 1,198 Views, 5 Comments

Azur Lane Meets MLP - FlameRose-MLP-FiM



An unexpected brave fleet of shipgirls battles Chrysalis and the changeling swarm during Cadence and Shining Armor's wedding.

  • ...
5
 5
 1,198

Entering An Unknown World

War.
It is hardly inevitable but it never changes, no matter which Era it happens upon. After one battle ends, another begins.

I am the strongest Eagle Union aircraft carrier Enterprise. After a prolonged and hard battle against the Red Axis, we rescued Akagi from both Oorochi and Amagi's grasp. All four of our major camps won a great victory against the Siren onslaught. But while some of us celebrated and while I was elected the leader of the base we all share as one group, I feel uneasy. True I'm a different, better person, thanks to my personal maid, Belfast, who made me see that I really am human after all. But somehow I still don't feel right, despite her confidence and the assistance of our allies.

We were steaming southeast of Azur Lane with a fleet that had most of our main forces already joining us. There had been reports from two of our cruisers about suspicious activity out in the ocean, so we steamed out to investigate. Only this time, we were all in this together as one, instead of battling each other like we used to. The sky was overcast, and the weather was slowly closing in with low fog in the distance.

"Hmm..." said Belfast, who was among our fleet of ships. "We seem to be getting close to where Northampton and Portland last saw what they reported."

"Yes," agreed Cleveland, who was also among us. "But I don't know how we're gonna spot anything in this pea-soup fog; we can barely see past our own noses."

"Indeed," I told them. "Nevertheless, I want us to keep all our radar systems on at all times and maintain a slow speed. We don't want to crash into anything."

"Mm-hmm," added Indianapolis, Portland's sister. "Let's get through this weather as quickly as possible. I suggest we avoid possible zigzagging until the fog eventually clears."

"Good call," I said. I then informed the rest of our allies, to which they all agreed and said it was for the best.
Just a short yard off my port bow, Hornet, Columbia, Northampton and Denver were keeping a watchful eye out in the distance. Hornet was watching the weather for any change, and the other three were keeping watch out to the sea for what would come.
Some of the Royal Navy, Iron Blood and Sakura Empire ships were growing increasingly uncomfortable.
Suddenly, from Hammann's perspective, she noticed something very strange happening dead ahead. At the same time, the water temperature started dropping and the weather started getting worse.

Then, suddenly, there it was... something round and translucent blue appearing every five to ten seconds... it was some kind of strange wormhole! But who or what was causing it? Was it the Sirens again, or something else that was doing it? Whatever it was, we were heading right for it! And because we were suddenly caught by its grasp, none of us could pull away!

As we were starting to go through it, we were surrounded by darkness in black and blue, and lightning volts all around us. It so bad that all our radar systems froze and jammed, and an unknown, ultra-loud noise followed soon after. It was so loud, that we all covered our ears and fell to our knees!

"Agh, stop!" shouted Cleveland, covering her ears.
"Make it STOOOOOOP!!!!" bellowed Montpelier.
"THAT SOUND!!!" I cried out, as Belfast held me close to help comfort me.

In fact, all of us held our ears, begging and shouting for the noise to stop. We were squeezing our ears so hard, it was beginning to hurt!
Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, we left the wormhole, the noise was gone, and our radar systems were operational again. Once we climbed back on our feet, the weather seemed better now. How odd.

Vestal checked us all over, and we were all fine, despite some dizziness and headaches. Once her assessments were completed, we tried contacting Azur Lane, but we received no response. We each checked our radar units, but our base nowhere to be seen.

A few minutes later, we held a quick meeting on my flight deck.
"My fellow allies, I don't know about any of you, but I have no idea what's happened... but I don't exclude the possibility of war," I said to them.

"I agree with Grey Ghost," said Zuikaku. "But more than that, I have no idea of where we are, or what's happened to our base."

"If I may," suggested Hornet, "maybe we should send up a scout plane or two, so that we can see where we are, and what we'll find along the way."

"Yes," said Prince of Wales. "We need to find out if the Sirens are behind this or not. And if they are, we have to prepare for battle with them."

"Make it so," I said in a serious manner.

Within minutes, Shokaku and Zuikaku each sent a scout plane in the air, then Graf Zeppelin, Hornet, Kaga, Illustrious and I provided escort and fighter protection to join up.
After 45 minutes in the air, Zuikaku finally had a visual with her scout plane.

"I have something!" she called.

"What do we have?" asked Bismarck.

"Hold on... I see a city with a castle in the... mountains? Wait, I see something else. Unknown targets.
Possible enemy contacts, all surrounding the castle. They look like they're going to attack the city and the castle!"

"That's our cue, then," I decided. "All units, scramble all planes and climb aboard! We're going to the castle!"
Once we transformed, then acquired our battle gear and armor, we hopped on and took to the skies.

"Let's go!" I called, and off we went.
I only hope we would arrive in time to whatever battle this was going to be.

Author's Note:

So I happen to be a fan of the 1980 movie The Final Countdown starring Kirk Douglas and Charlie Sheen. That's mostly where I got my idea for this first chapter, next to Episode 7 of Azur Lane. Now the fleet is zooming across the skies to Canterlot! Hopefully they'll arrive in time to find out what's happening and assist our "Mane" heroes against the changeling swarm.

Chapter 1 had to be put on hold because my cat Midnight had died today, but I'll work on Chapter 2 soon.
Till next time!

Reference to how the Azur Lane fleet was unexpectedly transported to Equestria: