• Published 10th Sep 2022
  • 623 Views, 48 Comments

Sparkling Harmony EQG: Agents of SMILE: Prologue - Captain_Cosmos



Across the Mirror in Twilight's Castle, The Main 7 defend against magical threats in Canterlot City. This is NOT their story despite Sci-Twi being a main Character.

  • ...
2
 48
 623

Episode 3: Making New Friends

Highway 66
Canterlot City
1200hrs

Sparkler smiled as she drove along the highway towards Canterlot City, the capital of Equestria as a whole. The city was in view and she was excited. “There she is. Canterlot City.” She said.

“Founded and established 1000 years ago, Canterlot has stood as the Capital of Equestria for the entirety of the nation’s existence.” Flappy pointed out. “Population, 1,234,567 citizens. Current Mayor, Bradly Copperbottom—“

“Thanks Flappy.” Sparkler cut her AI off. “If I need random trivia facts I’ll be sure to tell you.” She said.

“Copy that Sparkler.” Flappy responded as Sparkler drove into the city. Growing up in a small town, Sparkler was dazzled by the tall buildings and the hustle and bustle of the city residents. Even if some of her previous missions took her to cities, it was more often than not that she was sent to the middle of nowhere. “I’m always amazed by the tall buildings.” Sparkler commented.

“Makes for some cinematic spy rooftop chases.” Flappy responded, to which Sparkler laughed.

“Yep. Sure hope there's gonna be some rooftop chases in this series.” Sparkler said with a chuckle.

A little drive through the city later, Sparkler pulled into the designated parking lot of her new home. An apartment building a few stories high. Nothing too special. “Hey Flappy?” Sparkler asked. “Confirm this is the right place.” She said.

“Confirmed. 45 Main Street avenue. Heart of Canterlot City.” Flappy responded.

“Great.” Sparkler responded. “Let’s meet Autumn.” She said as she got out of her car.

Not even ten seconds later, Sparkler heard the sound of a motorcycle approaching. She turned and saw a red motorcycle pull into the parking spot next to her.

The rider of the motorcycle shut down the engine, dismounted, and removed her helmet to let down flamey hair. “Grr. I swear traffic in this city doesn’t know road laws.” The girl complained with an eye roll.

“Yeah City Traffic is always worse than regular traffic isn’t it.” Sparkler responded with a chuckle.

The flame haired girl glanced around until she saw Sparkler, who was wearing a blue jacket over a purple shirt, and a dark blue skirt with a pink top layer stitched on, as well as black framed glasses. After a few blinks, the girl responded. “Yeah. Yeah it is.” She said. “Can’t say I ever seen you around here before.” She said. “You new here?” She asked.

“I am actually. Just moved here today.” Sparkler said as she held out her hand for a shake. “Sparkling Medley, Sparkler for short.” She said.

The flame hair girl smiled and shook Sparkler’s hand. “Sunset Shimmer. You moved to this apartment building?” She asked, gesturing to the building the parking lot was connected to.

“Yeah. Living with Autumn Apple. You know her?” Sparkler asked.

“She’s my neighbor across the hall.” Sunset responded. She gestured for the door and the two girls entered the building.

Sparkler smiled when Sunset said she and Autumn were neighbors. “So I guess that makes us neighbors now.” She said.

“Seems so.” Sunset said as they started up the stairs in the apartment building. “So where’d you move from?” Sunset asked.

“The middle of nowhere. Literally.” Sparkler responded with a laugh. “A place called KiliHima town in Saddle Arabia.” She responded seriously.

Sunset chuckled. “KiliHima town huh? Can’t say I ever heard of it.” She replied.

Sparkler laughed. “Of course you wouldn’t have heard of it. It’s the most remote, boring place on the planet.” She said.

“I’ll have to take your word for it.” Sunset responded with a chuckle.

They reached the second floor and Sunset smiled. “Well this is the floor.” She said as she gestured at the door closest to the staircase. “That’s your new roommate’s place. I’m across the hall. Need anything just holler.” She said as she walked towards her own apartment door.

“I’ll be sure to do that. It was nice to meet you Sunset.” Sparkler said.

“Nice to meet you too Sparkler. Welcome to Canterlot City.” Sunset responded as she walked through the door.

Sparkler smiled as she turned towards her own new apartment, and knocked on the door. Both because she had yet to obtain a key to it and because she didn’t want to be rude. It took all of five seconds for the door to open, revealing a light brown skinned girl with blonde hair, wearing a Stetson. Sparkler smiled. “Hello. Are you Autumn Apple?” She asked.

“I am.” Autumn responded. “When is it right to turn the frown upside down?” She asked.”

“It’s always the right time to SMILE.” Sparkler responded, making sure to say SMILE in the exact tone to let Autumn know she wasn’t a fake. It was SMILE’s most reliable method of rooting out enemy spies in their ranks.

Autumn nodded and stepped to the side to let Sparkler in. Once she closed the door, and pressed a button which activated a soundproofing device to make sure they couldn’t be heard, Autumn lost her cool. “Oh my god you’re really here!” She exclaimed. “You’re Sparkling Medley! The greatest secret agent this world has ever seen is MY new roommate!” She exclaimed excitedly.

Sparkler chuckled. “You sound like you had no idea it was me you’d be getting as a roommate.” She said.

“I think they forgot to mention WHO it was. But oh my god I am SO happy right now!” Autumn said happily.

Sparkler chuckled. She half expected this reaction. “Well I’m looking forward to rooming with you Autumn.” She said.

Autumn smiled with glee, before she frowned when she realized something. “Hey Sparkler, did you bring any bags with you?” She asked.

“I did. They’re in the car.” Sparkler responded. “Just wanted to come up and introduce myself first.” She said.

Autumn nodded. “Let’s go get your bags. Oh, and do you have an AI companion by any chance?” She asked.

“I do.” Sparkler responded. She raised her watch and tapped it’s face. “Flappy.” She said.

Her watch lit up and projected a small parrot. The parrot smiled at Autumn. “Greetings Agent Autumn.” Flappy said.

“Aww. So cute. Hello there Flappy.” Autumn responded. “I got an AI companion too.” She said. “Bella?” She asked.

A holo projection of a dog appeared on the floor. The dog smiled up at Sparkler. “Hello Agent Sparkler.” The dog responded. “I am Bella. Autumn’s AI companion.”

Flappy’s projection looked down to the ground and waved his wing at Bella’s projection. “Nice to meet you Bella.” He said.

“Bella, please give access to the apartment network to Flappy.” Autumn said.

“Certainly Autumn.” Bella responded. “Feel free to come onto the system whenever Flappy.” She told the parrot AI.

Flappy’s projection disappeared from Sparkler’s watch and reappeared next to Bella. On her back actually. “Acess achieved.” He said.

Autumn beamed. “Come on Sparks, let’s get your stuff moved in. Oh, uh, is it ok if I call you Sparks?” She asked Sparkler.

Sparkler chuckled as they walked out of the apartment and down the stairs. “Sure Autumn.” She said. This is going to be fun. She thought.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Once again, thanks to P4 for allowing me the use of Autumn Apple in Sparkling Harmony.

EQG Sparkler has now met one of the main 7. And she’ll be meeting most of the rest of them soon

THX FOR READING!!!