• Published 5th Sep 2022
  • 282 Views, 3 Comments

The Perfect Pair - CarolineCheney



I was teleported to equestria where I spent most of my life. When I get back to my world, I reunite with an old friend.

  • ...
 3
 282

Chapter 1: The adventure begins

“Oh, hi Auntie Rainbow!” I said as the cyan pegasus flew down in front of me, her rainbow mane drenched with sweat.

“Hey Caroline! Just the mare I wanted to see!” She said with a smirk. I knew that smirk.

“What prank are you planning today? That somehow includes me?” I asked. I always loved prancing with Auntie Rainbow. It sometimes ends with us getting in trouble, but it’s always worth it.

“See that stallion over there?” She started while pointing a hoof at a stallion. He was a unicorn with a green coat, and blue mane. His eyes were a golden color, and his cutie mark was of a red quill writing on a parchment. He seemed talking to some pony.

“Yeah?” I said, intrigued. This ought to be good.

“Well, do you think you can teleport a clown outfit onto him?” She asked, with enthusiasm. This is DEFINITELY going to be good.

“Oh yeah! I can definitely do that!” I exclaimed. I then lit up my horn and the stallion was then surrounded by a red aura. In a split second, he went from professional looking to looking like he worked at a circus. It was hilarious. The look of shock and horror on his face was priceless!

“What the- HEY!” Time to leave! Me and Auntie Rainbow raced into the sky to a cloud a distance away. When we got to the cloud, we burst out laughing from the stunt we pulled. It was five minutes later when we finally calmed down.

“Wow, Auntie, that was just as great as that prank you pulled at my sweet sixteen two months ago!” I will always remember that. Auntie Rainbow hiding in the cake, and then bursting out when it was time to blow out the candles. It was hilarious! And Auntie Pinkie found it funny too, though she scolded her for ruining such a good cake afterwards. It was still an awesome birthday.

“Yeah, I know!” She said, still chuckling.

"Well, I better meet with my friends. We have to study." I said turning to leave.

"Alright, bye Caroline!" Auntie Rainbow said, waving.

"Bye, Auntie!" I said as I flew off towards Sugar Cube Corner. When I got there, the rest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders were there at a table. We were assigned by Miss Cheerilee to study a chapter in a textbook about the banishment of Nightmare Moon. It was for a test the next day, so we had to study.

"Hi, girls!" I greeted as I landed at our table. When they heard my voice, they all turned to me and greeted me back.

"Howdy Caroline! Now that we're all here, we can get started!" Applebloom said with enthusiasm. She was the first of us to get her cutie mark. She was fixing up the clubhouse when she got it. A hammer and a wrench crossing over each other like an X. Sweetie Belle got hers in a talent show, doing her singing act. It was a purple music note in the center of a pink heart. And then Scootaloo got hers shortly after getting wing prosthetics and learning how to fly doing a trick that involved both her scooter and her new flying ability. It was a black tire with a yellow wing in the center. And then there was me. I had drawn and built a working robot cat for a school project, and I was excited because my heart was telling me that I was meant for this. It was a paintbrush that had been dipped in green paint intertwining with a gear.

We were studying a couple of hours in the clubhouse. It was the basic stuff that every pony knew. Sort of. Princess Luna being jealous of all the attention Princess Celestia, her sister, was getting, being corrupted by the Nightmare, being banished to the moon with the force of the elements of harmony, all the basic stuff. It was a little while before I looked at the time. 8:00 p.m.

"HOLY CRAP! Girls, it's 8:00!" I said, dumbfounded. I showed the alarm clock to the other girls, who were shocked as well.

"Rarity's going to kill me for getting home late!" Sweetie Belle panicked. We all agreed that we should go home and that was enough studying for the night. I just hope I'm not in too much trouble with Twilight.

Author's Note:

Sorry that this was late, life and school kept me busy. But it's out! This is an alternate universe which is why The Cutie Mark Crusaders have different cutie marks than the show.