• Published 20th Sep 2012
  • 2,816 Views, 71 Comments

Switchy Pie - AleximusPrime



Pinkie and Twilight get their minds switched and hilarity ensues...

  • ...
7
 71
 2,816

Prologue

PROLOGUE

It was a bright sunny day in the heart of Equestria. The ponies of Ponyville were out and about at their every day duties and activities. Inside Sugarcube Corner, the workers were busy creating the finest baked goods in the village. The pony named Cup Cake was walking through the shop checking on all her employees.

“These treats are looking good everypony. Keep up the good work!” she encouraged them. But nearby, some ponies were having issues.

One pony was busy making a delectable little cupcake on her worktable when she ran out of icing in her tube. She turned around to reach for a new one and then turned back only to find her cupcake gone.

“What the…? Hey, Pinkie Pie!!” she said turning to the adorable pink pony with icing and cake mix smeared all over her face.

“Oops…..were you working on that?” she asked.

“Um, yeah I was! Now I gotta start all over again, thanks!” said Pinkie’s co-worker with a disgruntled look. switch

“Hehe, no problem!” she said laughing and skipping off to her worktable. Her little sister, Peachy Pie was waiting there for her. Peachy Pie was still in pony-school and had recently received a cutie mark with three peaches on it. She had hopes of becoming a culinary artist or to work at the Sugarcube Corner like her sister so Pinkie had decided to bring her over to work to show her how she does her job.

“Did you get the cherries we need, Sis?” Peachy asked Pinkie.

“Sure did!” Pinkie said pulling out a bag of delicious red cherries.

“What took you so long?”

“I had to stop for a bite.” She said licking the icing off her lips.

“You didn’t eat one of the workers’ snacks again, did you?”

“Me? No way silly, I would never do that! But I would eat one of the cupcakes they were making, hehe!”

Peachy Pie had an unconvinced look on her face. Even for a young little filly, she was pretty good at being able to tell when her sister was lying or playing jokes.

“Anyways…” said Pinkie, “Here come the cherries.” She then ripped open the bag with her mouth and dumped the cherries one by one on a small bunt cake she was making. Once the final touch was completed, the cake was ready to be put behind the glass for a lucky pony to buy.

“Wow, Sissy Pie, you did great!” Peachy complemented.

“I sure did!” Pinkie said staring at the cake drooling a little.

“Well, now that it’s done, I’m sure your bosses would love to…”

Suddenly Pinkie reached down and took a big chomp out of the cake and swallowing it down in one gulp licking her lips.

“…see it. Pinkie, I thought that was supposed to be for the shop.” said Peachy confused.

“Oh it is, but I just wanted to taste it a little to make sure it would taste good.”

“Yeah, you sure tasted it alright!”

Just then Mrs. Cake came by noticing what had happened.

“Pinkie Pie, what is this?! Have you eaten another one of the cakes you’ve been working on?!” she said appalled.

“Oh, yes, Mrs. Cake, I sure have and it tastes wonderful! I’m sure it’ll go great with all the other treats!”

“But Darling, we can’t put that with the other treats! Look, you’ve practically eaten the whole thing!”

Pinkie just looked down at the cake realizing she had taken too big of a bite. “Oops, I guess so…”

“And what is this little filly doing in the shop might I ask?” Mrs. Cake said pointing to Peachy.

“Oh her? She’s my little sister, Peachy Pie. I brought her cuz it’s Bring-your-relative-to-work-day’!”

“Um…..I don’t recall seeing that on our calendar…”

“That’s cuz it isn’t there, I just made it up!” she said with a big grin on her face.

“You did?” asked Peachy.

“Well, just make sure she sticks with you and doesn’t cause any trouble, ok?” sighed Mrs. Cake.

“Don’t you worry Mrs. Cake, I’ve got my sister under control.” said Peachy patting her sister on the back as Mrs. Cake walked away. “Do you usually make your boss that angry?” she whispered to Pinkie.

“Nah, they just pretty much let me do whatever. They love me so much, they never really even mind me, hehehe!”

“Right…”

Mrs. Cake walked over to her husband, Carrot Cake, to give him the unfortunate news.

“Oh hey there, Honey Bun, is that cherry cake ready?” he asked her.

“Sweetie, there won’t be a cherry cake I’m afraid. Pinkie ate it already…” she told him.

“Again? Oh, Cup, what are we going to do about her?! This is the fifth time this week!”

“I know, I know, but you know her, she’s always…well, she’s just being Pinkie Pie.”

“Well Honey, we go a bit too easy on her you know. We should probably tell her to stop doing that, I mean did you see her back when Princess Celestia was visiting the Corner?”

“I guess you’re right.” She sighed. “But I don’t want to make her feel we don’t enjoy her company, she’s our best worker and she always brings smiles to everyone’s faces.”

“Well, smiles or not, she needs to learn respect. I wouldn’t want to see her get worse.”

Just then one of the workers brought in an even larger cake. It was a huge white tower cake with strawberries dotting all four layers and had all the workers mesmerized.

“Ooooooh, where have you been all my life!” said Pinkie with heart-shaped eyes.

“Um, Sis, don’t even think about it…” said Peachy trying to get her sister’s mind off the cake so she wouldn’t get in trouble.

“All right everyone…” said the pony that brought the cake in. “The wedding cake is just about finished, now all we need is the…” but just then Pinkie’s head popped out of the side of the cake. She had tunneled her way through it cake like a worm through the dirt.

“Yum, this is delicious!” she said.

“PINKIE, WHAT THE HAY?! It took us hours to make that thing!!” the co-worker screamed angrily.

“PINKIE PIE!!!” said Mr. Cake furiously walking in on the scene. “What is the meaning of this?!?”

“Oh Pinkie, it’s one thing to just eat a little cupcake someone else was making, but this is just inexcusable! That was a wedding cake!” said Mrs. Cake.

“A wedding cake?” Pinkie replied. “Then where’s the cute little pony couple that goes on the top?”

“That’s what I was just about to PUT on it!” the co-worker yelled.

“Oh don’t worry everypony!” said Peachy coming in to protect her sister. “My big sister is great at making treats, I’m sure she could remake this one! Right Pinkie?”

Pinkie then let out a really loud burp. “Excuse me…” she said covering her mouth while everyone in the shop was staring at her angrily.

TO BE CONTINUED