• Published 15th Aug 2022
  • 756 Views, 17 Comments

Lord of Dragons vs. Lord of Chaos - Matthais Unidostres



In a reality where the Mane Six failed to defeat Discord, 10 years pass, and the new Dragon Lord returns to fight the Lord of Chaos.

  • ...
2
 17
 756

Ready?

Ready?

As the Sun shot up and swapped places with the Moon umpteenth time that 24 hour period, the dragoness named Ember stood on the edge of a cliff in the Dragonlands. She was looking expectantly towards the twisted, multicolored lands of Equestria, eagerly awaiting something, or rather someone.

Ember finally smiled when she spotted a red speck leading five other specks. She waited patiently for Garble and his entourage landed before her.

"Were you successful?" Ember enquired.

Garble held up a sack and said, "Well yeah. When the Dragon Lord tells you to do something, you do it."

One member of the group, a chubby dragon named Clump, snorted and said, "I don't know what was worse. All the chaos, or that crazy unicorn that was guarding those things."

A thin purple dragon named Fume moaned and said, "Ugh, I'm gonna be having nightmares of getting crushed by 'Tom' for months!"

Ember took the sack and peeked inside. She counted the pieces of jewelry inside and said, "That's all six alright." She then peered at Garble and said, "Discord didn't see any of you, did he?"

"He's busy overseeing the Semi-Quasi-Annual Running of the Slot Machines in Las Pegasus today. Isn't that why we went to Ponyville today?" Garble questioned impatiently.

"Discord can teleport, genius. What if he decided to pop back into the Chaos Capital of the world just for laughs?" Ember pressed.

Garble waved it off and said, "Oh come on, it's not like he even cares about those gems anymore. And that crazy unicorn was only guarding them because she somehow got the greed of a dragon in her. We could've just been after her mane brush and she'd have still tried to murder us."

Ember huffed and, "Whatever. You got the Elements, that's all that matters. You'll get your reward later. Right now, I have a blacksmith to go visit."


Every dragon was gathered underneath the midday Sun, which was then replaced by the midnight Moon. Regardless of the state of the sky, the dragons all had their undivided attention focused on the Dragon Lord.

The teenage dragon wielded the Bloodstone Scepter and beheld the population. Then the Dragon Lord spoke.

"10 years ago, Discord the Lord of Chaos broke free from his prison of stone. Due to the weakness and stupidity of the pony princesses, the six ponies who wielded the only weapons powerful enough to defeat him, the Elements of Harmony, had their minds broken by the vile Draconequus. And thus, Discord conquered all of Equestria in a matter of hours."

The Dragon Lord gazed all around at the crowd before continuing.

"You might wonder why we should even care about what happens in Equestria. The ponies are not our friends, the movement of the Sun and Moon does not affect us, and Discord has not appeared in the Dragonlands. Well, there are two reasons. For one, Discord WILL come to conquer us eventually. He is immortal, and he will eventually get bored with Equestria and move on to conquering the world. We are no match for him. He will turn all of our magma into bubble gum. He will turn our fire breath into bubble breath. He will turn our gems into Parasprites. And then, when we have nothing left to lose, he will render each and every one of us mentally insane."

The Dragon Lord waited a moment to let the message sink in, then continued.

"The second reason is a bit more. . . personal. . .for you see. . .because of Discord. . .I. . ."

The breath seemed to catch in the Dragon Lord's throat. A fist was clenched, a deep breath was taken, and then with a sharp, he shouted, "I lost EVERYTHING! MY HOME! MY FRIENDS! MY FAMILY! EVERYTHING! That moment will forever be burned in my mind. She was corrupted by Discord, but I still followed her as we were forced to leave our home. Time passed. We traveled quite a distance. Then those slavers from Klugetown ambushed us. I can still see that empty look in her eyes when she tossed me at the slavers and made her escape. For two years I suffered as a slave in that horrible city, but two years was all it took for me to finally snap. I was not a pony! I was a dragon! I led a glorious slave revolt that saw the slave trader Verko hung and Klugetown burnt to the ground. Shortly after, I was called to the Gauntlet of Fire, and I was victorious!"

The green and purple dragon breathed in and out heavily, then he said, "I do not blame her. She can't be held responsible for what she did, the fault falls solely on Discord. I will make sure Justice is done, and also protect the Dragonlands from the pain that Discord made me feel. Unfortunately, this is something I must do alone. As a Noble Dragon, I must do this in accordance with the Code of my own creation. That is why from the very day I became Dragon Lord, I spent so much time training my body, studying every fighting style out there, and after I molted I trained ceaselessly to master the highest level flying tricks imaginable. All of that was to be sure that I could defeat Discord and put an end to his chaos. But of course, you might wonder why I think I can fight Discord alone after I just said that we dragons are no match for Discord. Well, that is because I will have something that no other dragon has.”

Right on cue, Ember walked over, holding a golden chest in her claws. The chest glittered under the moonlight, and then the sunlight as it suddenly became the evening.

The Dragon Lord turned to her and placed his right claw on the chest.

“Ember,” he said, “If I do not return, you will be the Dragon Lord.”

Ember’s eyes widened and she said, “N-no. . .The Gauntlet of Fire-.”

“Happened only 8 years ago, we shouldn’t hold it again so soon,” he interjected, “It’s only fair that if a Dragon Lord dies before his time, the Bloodstone Scepter should go to the one he felt was worthy of it. Besides, I would not have succeeded if it were not for you, Ember.” The Dragon Lord then smiled with a tender warmth on his face and said, “You’ve been a good friend to me, Ember. That means a lot.”

Ember stared at the younger dragon. She was only a few inches taller than him due to his pubescent growth spurt, yet he seemed almost overly mature for his age. Ember smiled back and said, “Thank you. . .Spike.”

The Dragon Lord nodded, and he opened the golden chest. Inside was a four fingered right-gauntlet made of a mysterious metal that resembled gold. Set in the four fingers were the Elements of Honesty, Loyalty, Laughter, and Kindness. In the wrist was the Element of Generosity, and on the back of the gauntlet was the Element of Magic.

The Dragon Lord closed his eyes and sighed, focusing his thoughts and floating through his memories. He then picked up the gauntlet with his left claw and said, “Fine, Twilight. I’ll do it myself.”

Spike slid the gauntlet onto his right claw and flexed his fingers as the Elements hummed and sang with power in response to the familiar presence.

Then he turned to all the dragons watching and said, “I’d ask you to come watch. . .but it’ll probably be over by the time you all get there!”

Then, with a purple flash of light, he was gone.

Author's Note:

If you're wondering what to expect from the upcoming fight, here are the sources of inspiration for what I will write:

Darkseid vs Thanos
Goku vs Superman
Spyro vs Crash Bandicoot
Omni-man vs Homelander (won't link because it's a really graphic and gore filled fight)