• Published 15th Aug 2022
  • 410 Views, 2 Comments

Travelers Tales: The Apple Of My Eye - Slippin_Sweetie



Applejack has to go to far off lands, leaving Applebloom to carry the mantel that she's left behind. While not the element of honestly she'll have to carry on her legacy none the less.

  • ...
3
 2
 410

The Life Of A Crusader

A day had passed since Applejack left, and the effects were immediate. Just this morning alone, Applebloom didn’t wake up to the sound of her older Sister trotting down the hallway and into the kitchen to prepare a fresh batch of coffee. Little things like that added up throughout the day.

The distant echo of her sister bucking a tree, the sound of her small talk with the cows as she milked them, or the excited yell from finding a truffle were all missing. Applebloom sighed; she desperately needed some noise to distract her from the noticeable absence of her sister.

She’d walk to Ponyville, noticing the dozens of Stallions trotting two and fro from the wreckage site that was once Twilight Sparkle’s home. The young filly took a moment to observe the sight. The amount of destruction caused by one single pony was shocking, to say the least; she thanked the stars that nopony didn’t get hurt by the massive castle collapsing.

As she made her way through the dozens of ponies going through town, she’d eventually make it to Sugar Cube Corner; she’d noticed Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle sitting at a table and quickly trotted toward them.

“Hey y’all, mind if I join you?”

“Like you even have to ask!” Snarked Scootaloo.

“We just got here ourselves, have a seat.” Offered Sweetie Belle.

Applebloom slid into the booth and sat next to Sweetie Belle; she took a deep breath as she relaxed; perhaps a milkshake or two could temper her mood, “What’s our plan of action for our Cutie Marks Crusaders?”

“Well, if Rainbow Dash is going on some fantastical adventure with her friends, why don’t we?” Suggested Scootaloo, as she quickly focused on Mrs. Cake approaching.

“Hello, everypony; what can I get you today?” Smiled Mrs. Cake.

“I’ll have a chocolate milkshake!” Exclaimed Scootaloo.

“I’ll have butter pecan, please.” requested Applebloom.

“Mint chocolate for me, please!” Replied Sweetie Belle

Mrs. Cake nodded as she gingerly wrote down their order before walking away toward the kitchen; Applebloom then turned back to Scootaloo, “I can’t; I have my responsibilities to the Orchard.” She’d slowly take off her hat, “To Applejack….”

“Wait, is that Applejack’s hat?” Scootaloo observed the hat intently as if it were some object of power or relic of ancient history.

“Yeah, she gave it to me before she left for the Crystal Empire.” Applebloom slowly placed the hat atop her head.

“I like what you did with your old bow, makes it…you.” Smiled Sweetie Belle, “So we can’t go on an adventure, maybe we could do some….uh realtor work?”

Scootaloo laughed, “Really? Being a realtor, what gives you that idea?”

“I mean, they ARE rebuilding Twilight’s house; maybe we could help somepony else find a place to live.” Suggested Sweetie Belle.

“.....Girls! I think I got it; maybe the answer is helping ponies!” Applebloom exclaimed as she slammed her hooves on the table excitedly, “Think about it, we’ve done just about everything under the sun, but we’ve only been trying to help ourselves; what if our special talent is helping others?”

“Sooo….are you saying we should….sell houses?” Questioned Scootaloo as she scratched her head in confusion.

“Maybe, we just have to give it a try.” Smiled Applebloom.

Mrs. Cake soon returned, placing a silver tray full of milkshakes in front of the fillies, “Here you go, enjoy!” The fillies greedily took the milkshakes as they contently began slurping down the ice cream.

“Mmm, okay, after our shakes, we can look into helping ponies via real estate.” Gulped Sweetie Belle.

"I think we're seriously running out of ideas." Blurted Scootaloo.

"Better than your 'sky diving from Cloudsdale' idea." Smirked Applebloom.

"I forgot you guys can't walk on clouds!" Groaned Scootaloo.

"You also forgot about the whole getting to Cloudsdale bit." Corrected Sweetie Belle.

Scootaloo huffed as she crossed her front legs and grumpily slurped her shake.

"Forget about it; we have realtor work to worry about!" Beamed Applebloom.