• Published 7th Aug 2022
  • 511 Views, 16 Comments

Long live Olenia! - Dustwing



Olenia won against the Changelings, Chrysalis is presumed dead and the country lays in ruin.

  • ...
0
 16
 511

Homeland Orders

-1011 | Ditrysium-
General Onni

The Typewriter clacked away loudly in the small office provided to General Onni, he had been sent by Queen Velvet to oversee the preperations for the councils formation in Ditrysium. The Harbour City would be where the Federation was ruled from until reconstruction in Vessalipolis was completed.

Equestria had voiced concerns over the unrepresentative nature of the council. As if they were any better. Batponies had been completely excluded from society for thousand of years until only recently and they did not kill Millions of Innocents.
One day the council would become more representative Onni was sure of that, but now firm guidance was needed to stabilize the Hives and stop them from falling into Anarchy.

The Typewriter kept clacking away under his hooves, the report on the state of Ditrysium almost completed when Onnis' assistant entered the room with two cups of coffee. The Dark Green Changeling named Farxi had been assigned to him by... he wasn't really sure by who. But over the last few days she was a tremendous help to him especially regarding damage reports in Ditrysium. She was surprisingly nice too, he had expected resentment from many Changelings but especially in Ditrysium that had not been the case. It seems many of the Changelings were just glad the war had finally ended.

"I though I'd bring you some Coffee, sir. It is getting quite late." Farxi's soft voice spoke just loud enough over the continued clacking of the Typewriter which Onni stopped at her words and gladly took the cup of hot coffee.

"Thank you Farxi" He smiled warmly at his assistant. "You can go home now if you'd like, I'll have to stay late." He nodded towards the door and took a sip of the coffee, It felt divine at this late hour. The General had spent the whole day going over old Reports, writing new ones and reviewing Changeling Documents from the Royal Palace.

"Thank you, sir. But I would prefer to be able to finish my coffee first." she said with a slight smirk. Onni Chuckled and nodded.

"Of course, you can stay here until you're done." Onni though of himself as quite a kind person. He had seen many Deer look down upon the defeated Changelings. Blaming them for the death of friends or family.
The truth was none of these Changelings had even fought in the war, the ones that had either dead or still imprisoned since it was only a few weeks after the war. He couldn't blame them though, loss was painful. He himself had lost many comrades on the battle fields and he still sometimes had nightmares of the Battle in Lyctissä.

"Sir, may I ask what your'e currently writing?" Larxi asked, leaning closer to the General and swivelling her ears towards him.

"Nothing new, just one more damage report on the city." Onni answered her before taking another sip of coffee. "This is the last one I'll have to write. Then it gets to the hard part."

"If you don't mind me asking, what part would that be sir?" Larxi asked curiously. Since she had been assigned as the Generals assistant she had taken a keen Interest in the Political side of his work.

"The Preperations for the council. I will have to find a suitable building to hold their first meeting in and all that." He said trailing off at the end. "You'll come with me for the Inspections tomorrow. If you'd like that is." Onni added the last quickly.

Larxi's eyes widened and she nodded "Of course I will come with you!" She said excitedly. "It would be an honour." She quickly added in a more professional voice. Onni Chuckled and took another sip of his coffee.


It was past Midnight, Farxi had left hours ago and the typewriter was still clacking away under Onni's hooves.
His tired eyes stared at the piece of paper before him, he had written 'atst fo biidling' instead of 'state of building'.
His eyes felt heavy and his ears drooped next to his antlers.

"By the Queen Im never gonna get anywhere like this!" He said in frustration and pulled the ruined report from the Typewriter. Onnis legs felt like jelly as he got up from the chair, almost falling over he steadied himself against one of the filing cabinets that made the already small room seem even tinier.
Onni decided it would be best for him to head to his apartment, he wouldn't get anywhere when he was this tired.

The Sky was Dark and the Outside was Cold. Onnis thick fur protected him against the Cold but the few Changelings he saw about at this late hour were wearing warm coats to protect themselves.
Lyctissä was mostly untouched by the fighting, only few buildings had been damaged by bombers sent in the last weeks of the war and those were already being repaired. The Apartment he had lived for the past days was inside one of the older buildings in Lyctissä, the strong wooden doors of its entrance now proudly displaying the Olenian Royal Insignia.

He pushed the doors inwards and entered the stairwell, on the ground floor there weren't any Apartments, only the traditional communal Areas common in all Changeling cities. At the back of one of the rooms two Changelings sat playing some kind of Card Game. Onni waved at them in greeting and continued towards the stairs.

The Hallways were lit by yellowing lamps, the wallpaper having been newly painted white it provided a stark contrast to the otherwise old nature of the building. The Generals Apartment was at the end of the Hallway, taking the key from his bag slung around his neck the deer unlocked the door to his home.

The Apartment was not much different from the rest of the building, although the bulbs here had been replaced with new ones from Olenia the lamps around them were still old and slightly yellowed.
Going to the Kitchen Onni turned on the sink, filling a small cup he and turning it back off he greedily drank the Fresh water and wobbled over to his Bedroom where he collapsed onto his bed and fell into a deep slumber.


Larxi

Larxi left Onni's office after having finished her coffee, the clicking of his typewriter resumed almost immediately after she had left, he was a busy stag after all. The Hallway she found herself in was brightly lit, the outside completely dark. Street lamps were low on the priority list so their power connections had not been repaired yet.

Moving along the Hallway towards the exit of the one story office building Larxi thought to herself.
The Propaganda distributed later in the war made the Olenians seem like barbaric monsters but Onni and the other deer shed met were quite friendly to her. Sure some of them blamed the Changelings for the death of their comrades, but so did Changelings. If she was honest with herself, Onni had grown on her. She considered him a... friend was the word wasn't it?

It has been years since shed last used that word even in her own thoughts. She had always been told in the media friendship was a disease and that it would wipe out all changelings if left undefeated.
Larxi wasn't dead yet, so friends couldn't be that bad.

Opening the door silently and stepping outside into the darkness she still heard the clicking typewriter until she completely close the door again. Breathing in the fresh night air she walked along the quiet roads of Lyctissä towards her home.
Normally she would take the Tram but the rails for them had been damages and weren't completely repaired, so she trotted along for the next hour or so.

Finally Arriving at her small house Larxi opened the door and went inside. Turning on the lights she made her way to her living room, intent on relaxing and listening to some music she laid down and turned on the radio.
The radio provided by Queen Chrysalis she though absently as the radio crackled and began playing a current song, her favorite.