• Published 4th Sep 2022
  • 633 Views, 3 Comments

Sunset Shimmer's Magic Adventures, Volume 1: A new timeline.. - Justafanfictioner



Same Universe, same characters, But new timeline and Sunset Shimmer as the protagonist.

  • ...
8
 3
 633

Chapter 4: Sunset prevents a war...Wait, what?

While Moonlight and Sunny were out on their villain recruitment mission given by Grogar, and with all her friends still out of town, Sunset Shimmer was bored to death. She was laying in her bed, looking at the ceiling with an empty stare.

“I’m so bored!!” she shouted out loud. “All my friends are out of town, all of them! I have no one to spend time with!!”

She got a message, from Trixie, that she straight up ignored and deleted

“Like i said, i’m alone, i’m all alone!!” she said, despaired

She got another message, this time from Wallflower Blush.

“As i said!!” she shouted. “I’m on my own!!”

Sunset Shimmer closd her eyes. Then, she suddenly got up, left her room and walked down the stairs. Once outside, she headed for the C.H.S statue. Ten minutes later, she arrived in front of the portal. As she was about to enter it, someone appeared from the other side, bumping into her.

“Ouch!” said Sunset. “Are you okay...Wait...Twilight?!”

“Hi!” she said “I went there to look for you!”

“Really? Why?” asked Sunset.

“I’ll explain it to you later!!” answered the princess, visibly worried.

She grabbed Sunset by the arm and pulled her inside the portal. They reappeared inside Canterlot’s throne room.

“You look really worried” said Sunset. “What’s the problem?”

“The situation is really, really bad right now!!” said Twilight.

“How bad?” asked Sunset.

“How bad?!” answered Twilight. “To the point i need you to help me!!”

Sunset peaked into Twilight’s mind and saw what the problem was.

“It’s bad indeed” she said.

“Apparently, King Vorak died a week ago and the next in succession is Tirek” said Twilight. “The problem is, Tirek is in our custody, Locked up in Tartarus. The Centaur Kingdom want him back, and they are ready to go to war with Equestria to do so”

“Then why don’t you give him back to them?” asked Sunset.

“Because Tirek escaped Tartarus years ago and he’s nowhere to be seen” answered Twilight. “Do you see why the situation is so bad? Imagine if i did give back Tirek to them, what do you think he would do once he became king?!! Whether i choose to keep Tirek in our custody or give him to them, this will result in a war. The centaurs are powerful opponents, fierce warriors. Sure, we do have the Dragon, Griffins, Hyppogriffs, Changelings and Yaks as allies and they’re all willing to assist us in case of a war. But this war will result in a bloodbath on both sides and i don’t want that...”

“I know this might come out of nowhere” asked Sunset. “But i missed a lot on Equestria history as you can guess. Mind refreshing my memory?”

“Really?” answered Twilight. “Well, i suppose you did miss a lot of stuff since your banishment. I’ve written everything that happened in Equestria in this book”

Sunset opened the book and started reading. It began with the return of Nightmare Moon and Twilight and her friends connecting with the Elements of Harmony to defeat her. Then, the next big event was Queen Chryalis’s invasion of Canterlot on the day of Shining Armor and Princess Cadance’s wedding. Resulting in the death of Shining Armor, Twilight’s beloved big brother. Chrysalis was ultimately forced to retreat against an heart-broken, raging Cadance decimating her subjects. The next big threat was King Sombra, who reappeared after an exil of one thousand years, but was ultimately dealt with thanks to Spike saving the Crystal Heart and putting it back to it’s place. Much later was Luna and Celestia’s disparition, which lead to Twilight and friends to discover the Tree of Harmony. Apparently, it was caused by magic seeds planted in the ground by Discord a thousand years ago, seconds before he was banished in another dimension by the two princesses. To stop it and save the princesses, they had to return the Elements of Harmony to the Tree. Later, Tirek escaped Tartarus and went on a rampage, stealing magic from ponies. But he was immediately stopped by Celestia and Luna and sent back into his prison.

“I’m sorry for your brother” said Sunset.

“Thanks” said Twilight. “But i already overcame the grief of his death long ago.”

Sunset continued reading the book. After Tirek’s failed attempt to conquier Equestria, there was Chrysalis’s return. The Queen, after passing months building a massive army of Changelings, declared war on the Crystal Empire and Canterlot. But many of them had second thoughts and refused to battle for her. Those Changelings joined side with the Crystal Empire, Thorax being the leader of the opposition. Cadence was opposed to it at first, still grieving from losing her husband to them. But it changed when she realized that they had love in their heart. As the Princess of love, she had to help everyone that needed it, even the creatures that took the love of her life. Also, because of his betrayal, Chrysalis had to report her invasion for later. During that time, after being exposed to love in permanence, the changelings started to change physically and mentally, Their wings turned blue and they weren’t hungry for love anymore. Cadence and Thorax developped a strong connection, which led Thorax to ultimately confess his love to Cadence. She was surprised by it, but even more so when Thorax transformed in front of her. After seeing Thorax’ new appearence, Cadence realized the true nature of the Changelings. She proceeded to reform each of the rogue Changelings, with Thorax’ help. Then Chrysalis finally invaded the Crystal Empire and a violent battle ensued between reformed Changelings and non-reformed ones. Thorax and Cadence finally confronted Chrysalis, trying to persuade her to change her ways. But Chrysalis stayed adamant about her convictions and nearly killed Thorax. Cadence, not wanting to lose another person close to her again, lost it and killed the queen after a violent duel. Her brutal death, instead of discouraging her subjects, enraged them. Shortly. Thorax, who recovered, was forced to face his own brother, Pharynx, and kill him to protect the one he loved. The war ended with the almost complete eradication of Chrysalis’ loyal subjects. But as they were looking for Chrysalis’ corpse, they were shocked to discover that they didn’t, in fact, killed her, but one of her loyal subject, who took her appearance. The queen, her, was nowhere to be seen and wasn’t seen again since. After this troubling event, Thorax left the Crystal Empire with the other Changelings. They were going back to their Kingdom, with the promise of building a new, better one, based on the value of Love and Friendship. Cadence offered her help to make it happen. Sunset took a pause and looked at Twilight.

“Cadence remarried with Thorax, did she?” she asked.

“Yes” answered Twilight. “And i’m happy for them.”

Sunset continued reading the book. After the Changeling Civil War, things were calm for a while. One day, as she was having a brunch with Thorax, this one told her that one of his subjects came across a remote village where all the people were acting strangely. That picked Twilight’s interest and curiosity. With her 5 friends, she headed for the village in question. Once there, they met a mare named Starlight Glimmer and the townspeople, who were all wearing the same Cutie Mark for some reason. Finding things suspicious, Twilight dug deeper into the mystery and discovered that Starlight brainwashed everypony in this town. Starlight however caught up to them and imprisonned them. Fluttershy convinced Starlight that she wanted to join her side. She later discovered that Starlight’s Cutie Mark was a fake, and how she stole other ponies Cutie Marks with a forbidden relic. After telling her friends about this, Starlight captured them, stealing their Cutie Mark, but thanks to unexpected help, they were able to get their Cutie Marks back. Starlight Glimmer chose to retreat rather than be captured and had not reappeared since.

“Wait, Starlight Glimmer?” said Sunset, surprised.

“Do you know her?!” said Twilight

“I do!!” answered Sunset. “She’s one of my collegues at my job!!”

“Wait...What?!!” said Twilight.

“Well, she was, at least” said Sunset. “She vanished without leaving a trace”

“She must be up to something” said Twilight.

Sunset continued reading the book. After Starlight vanished, things were calm. A few months later, Twilight created the School of Friendship, inspired by Celestia’s advices. Though she faced multiple problems, most of them coming from Chancellor Neighsay or the students themselves, things were going fine. Then, one day, magic started to disappear at an alarming rate. This phenomenon was the work of one of our student, an ambitious filly named Cozy Glow. Twilight and her friends later learned that Tirek worked with Cozy Glow to pull this off. As all hope seemed lost, due to the Mane 6 being locked in Tartarus, 6 extraordinary students saved the day with the magic of their friendship, exposing Cozy Glow’s true nature to everyone. The filly was quickly surrounded by all sides, unable to escape. For her punishment, Celestia wanted to send her in Tartarus with Tirek, Luna wanted to send her to the Moon. But Twilight was against both punishment, that she judged harsh for a child. She proposed to send her in the same world Sunset went years ago and after a long debate, everyone agreed with Twilight’s idea. Cozy Glow was sent in the human world, were the other Celestia would take care of her.

“By the way, how is Cozy Glow?” asked Twilight.

“She’s fine” answered Sunset. “She’s not evil anymore, but damn is she a brat!!!”

Sunset was on the last pages of the book. Months after Cozy Glow’s events happened, Celestia and Luna announced their retirement from the throne. For a year, Twilight was taught by the princesses all she needed to know about being a good leader. On the day of the coronnation, the castle was attacked by two powerful enemies: Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker, Luna and Celestia’s evil forms. If this wasn’t enough, Sombra and the Pony of Shadow, who were sealed in another dimension, ressurfaced. But instead of bringing chaos to Equestria, they just vanished somewhere else never to be seen again. As for the imminent threat, Twilight and her friends used the magic of not only their friendship, but also the one of all those they befriended along the way. Satisfied by what her student had achieved, Celestia and Luna took down their disguise and told Twilight this was her final exam, and she passed it with ease. Later, Twilight officially became Equestria’s new ruler and nothing happened since.

“I sure missed a lot” said Sunset. “But now that i’m up to date, let’s tackle that problem of yours. I might have just the solution to make both sides happy”

Sunset explained her plan to Twilight, who facehoofed herself due to the idea being so obvious. Skipping to the next day, Twilight was holding Tirek with a necklace made of anti-magic stone, a gift of Thorax, heading for the Centaur Kingdom. A few hours later, they arrived at the gates of the kingdom. The guards opened the door and let them pass. They were then escorted to the castle, where Queen Haydon and Scorpan were waiting for his arrival.

“Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship and current ruler of Equestria, has arrived” said a centaur. “She’s accompanied by another unicorn and your son, Tirek.”

When Twilight entered the throne room with Tirek and Sunset, Queen Haydon went to hug her son. Tirek pushed her back roughly.

“Get off, you annoying bitch!” said Tirek.

“Brother!!” said Scorpan. “This is not a way to treat your mother.”

“I have nothing to hear from you, backstabber!!” said Tirek. “I’ve rotten in the pits of hell for thousand of years because of you!! And you never did so much as raise a finger to free me!!”

“I’m glad you took the right decision, Princess Twilight” said Scorpan. “Can i speak to you in private?”

“Sure!” she answered.

Twilight created a dome around them.

“There, we can speak freely!” she said. “What do you want to tell me?”

“Who is he?” asked Scorpan.

“What do you mean?” said Twilight. “This is Tirek!”

“No” said Scorpan. “I know it’s not him, the aura emanating from him is different from the one of my brother. Tirek’s aura is pure hatred and untamed rage. But the aura i feel from that individual is the polar opposite, an aura of love and kindness. Tell me the truth, Princess. I want to know what is your plan here, i know you have one...”

Twilight let out a sigh and explained her plan to Scorpan, who was delighted by it’s simplicity.

“So, that’s your plan...” he said. “Your genius surprise me, Princess...I’ll help you the best i can...”

Twilight took down the dome.

“So, we brought you your son!!” asked Twilight. “What’s next?”

“He’s going to be crowned king” answered Haydon. “I don’t like the idea of him becoming our leader, but that was the will of my late Husband, King Vorak. Him too was not okay with that decision, but the tradition want a Centaur to be the King.”

“Excuse my words, your highness” said Twilight “But fuck the traditions!! You and i both know that Tirek becoming king will bring nothing but disaster. His hatred for ponykind and lust for magic power will lead your kingdom to ruins.”

“I agree with you, Princess Twilight” said Haydon. “However, this is the will of my husband, i have no choice but to go with it. Tirek will become King today. Now, free my son from his chains.”

“Suck it, Princess” said Tirek. “You made a mistake by bringing me there!! Once i’m crowned king, i’m going to declare war on Equestria. Your magic will be mine for the taking!!”

Tirek winked at Twilight, who then winked at Scorpan. The crowning ceremony started one hour later, and all the kingdom was reunited to see their new King be crowned. In the meantime, Scorpan had informed her mother of Twilight’s plan and she was more than happy to assist her with it. Then the fateful moment arrived...Tirek showed up in front of the crowd, from high above the ground.

“Today is a great day!! Said Hayden. Today, My dear son, Lord Tirek, is going to be crowned king!!”

The crowd cheered him. Hayden was holding the crown in her hands and gave it to Tirek. The centaur put the crown on his head, then...

“Listen!! Subjects!!” said Tirek. “My first order as a king is to get rid of this stupid tradition!! Yes, i’m talking about the law about only Centaurs from the royal family can pretend to the throne. Today, i’m changing this law. Any member of the royal family can pretend to the throne. That include my Mother, Queen Hayden and my brother, Scorpan.”

The crowd was silent and shocked. Same as the royals.

“I don’t want to be king!! Said Tirek. My place is in a battlefield, fighting for my country, not on a throne doing nothing all day!! Who you want as your king is Scorpan!! As such, i hereby exile myself from this Kingdom forever, as soon as a new King will be crowned.”

Tirek abdicated in front of his people, causing mixed reactions in the crowd. He then gave the crown to Scorpan, who accepted it with tears in his eyes.

“All hail King Scorpan!!” shouted Tirek.

“Long live the King!!” shouted the crowd.

The ceremony ended shortly after, when they were sure to be alone, Twilight, Sunset, Hayden and Scorpan looked at Tirek, who took down the disguise, revealing to be Thorax himself.

“I can’t believe that worked!!” said Thorax. “Ah-Hum, allow me to introduce myself. I’m Thorax, King of the Changelings. Our species have the ability to shapeshift into anyone of anything we want. I was glad to help her prevent a conflict that could have resulted in a war”

“To be honest, that idea was not from me!!” said Twilight. “It’s my friend, Sunset Shimmer, who came up with that plan!!”

Everyone looked at Sunset Shimmer.

“It’s no big deal, really!” she said. “I’m just glad my plan prevented a war”

“You didn’t only prevented a war” said Scorpan “You gave our Kingdom a bright future!!”

“The people will open their minds to other races, eventually” said Hayden “It won’t be easy to undo generations of barbarian tradition, but i’m confident that, you, Princess Twilight, and you, my son, will be able to realize this lifelong dream of mine...”

Twilight received a message from Spike.

“Oh no!!” she said. “I have to return in Canterlot immediately!!! Queen Hayden, King Scorpan, i’ll visit you again soon!!”

She left the castle, followed by Sunset Shimmer. Thorax turned back into Tirek and, followed by Scorpan and Hayden, under the people’s eye, walked until he reached the gates.

“Tirek!” said Scorpan. “I hereby banish you from this Kingdom as long as you live!! I hate to do this to you, brother, but it was your will and i will respect it.”

“This Kingdom suck anyway!!” said Tirek. “Well, be well, Mother, Brother!!”

Tirek or rather Thorax, walked until nobody could see him and reverted back to his normal form.

“Well, i better return home” he said. “I’m craving for those cupcakes Pinkie Pie told me about.”