• Published 26th Jul 2022
  • 2,683 Views, 106 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls: Samurai Showdown - Danyram1308



The Rainbooms and Ninjas enter a new dimension to stop Kraang Subprime who has made an alliance with otherworldly monsters who seek to destroy the humans of their dimension.

  • ...
7
 106
 2,683

I've Got a Spell on Bats Part 2

Once back at the house, the heroes were trying to recover from what happened to the two Nighloks.

"Man, that was brutal." Robin said.

"I've seen guys in my world who can use their words as weapons, but not in this literal way." Nightwing pointed out.

"Every Nighlok has different abilities." Ji said as he walked in with Mia and Emily. "For example, Negatron is a bully, he likes to hurt people's feelings, he channels mental pain and turns it into physical pain."

"That explains exactly what he had to say to hurt us." Starlight said.

"I was distracted, next time it won't happen again." Rainbow said.

"You guys think I have serious problems?" Pinkie asked, the boys didn't know how to answer.

"How do you tell her without her getting hurt?" Raph asked, Sunset just shrugged.

"Do I look boring to you guys?" Twilight asked.

"Obviously not, you just tend to be pretty neat." Sunset said.

"Well, that's true."

"I may have wet the bed, but I don't do that anymore." Casey stated.

"So Keno, Indigo is the boss in your relationship?" Donnie asked and everyone was curious about the Watcher's answer.

"Of course not, to be honest it's not like there's anyone calling the shots in our relationship." Keno answered, but paused before continuing and flashed a sly smile. "And for your information Donatello, I'm a one woman man and I'm not rolling my eyes at the first girl that comes my way."

Everyone was taken aback by Keno's response, an "ooooohhhhhhh" was heard from some sides.

"So, since when are you giving Rarity the eye?" Spike asked.

"Maybe I did some time ago." Donnie said. "But I got over it."

"Just like you got over your crush on Batgirl?" Robin asked and Donnie cringed even more.

"I still feel bad about how I treated April." He admitted.

"That just showed how much of a womanizer and how much of a simp you can be." Tim said

"Yeah dude, falling in love with the first girl that crosses your path and then changing her for the next one that comes your way, that's wrong, very wrong." Mikey said.

"Shut up Mikey, you're the wrong one to talk about it." Donnie scolded him.

"Hey, what do you mean by that?"

"I don't know, you tell me."

"Guys stop it, we're getting off topic." Sunset said.

"Sorry." The guys apologized.

"And with that Madimot guy controlling Batman and Batgirl, things just got more complicated." Dick said.

"There must be something to break the monster's hold on them." Tim said.

"There is." Jayden told them.

"It's about using one of those magic symbols, right?" Robin asked.

"Something like that."

"You really think your Scriptomancy will work on them?" Dick asked.

"Well it worked on me and the tiger zord." Kevin said.

"Wait a second, Madimot used his spell on you and the tiger zord?" Rainbow asked.

"Unfortunately, but Jayden used his symbol power to break Madimot's hold on us."

"It wasn't easy, Kevin being a good warrior I had to find a way to get close enough to free Kevin, and Tiger being one of our strongest zords I had to immobilize him in order to free him." Jayden said.

"Just when I thought this couldn't get any harder." Dick complained.

"I'm surprised you didn't fall under the effects of Negatron's powers." Tim pointed at Raph.

"How did you do it?" Dick asked as well.

"I'll tell you in the morning." Raph said simply.

The Gotham Knights rolled their eyes at the red turtle's response, then turned to look at Emily.

"So what's your secret, or would you rather keep it to yourself?" Nightwing asked her.

"Not that there's any secret per se, when I was little the other kids picked on me and called me names all the time, that always got me down, but my sister taught me to pretend that those people who picked on me weren't telling me anything."

"How can you pretend that people aren't saying anything to you?" Mikey asked.

"Because in reality what she does is ignore their words." Raph replied.

"Well, that's a good point."

"We need to track down Batman and Batgirl soon." Dick said.

"You don't think the Nighloks took them to the Sanzu River?" Fluttershy asked.

"I doubt it, anything that isn't a Nighlok doesn't survive there for long." Ji reported.

"Then they must be out there somewhere." Dick surmised.

As if that was a sign, the rift sensor activated and Jayden opened the holographic map.

"The dock, go." He said and they all ran out of the house.


People were running away from the dock to avoid the Nighloks and their new minions.

"That's it humans, run for your lives, that only makes us stronger." Negatron said.

"Hold it right there, Nighloks." Jayden stated as he, the rangers, turtles, Rainbooms, ninjas and Gotham Knights showed up.

"Well, they didn't get the warning message." Negatron complained.

"Come on guys, you're stronger than you think." Dick pleaded.

"That'll never work." Madimot said as Batman and Batgirl just stood there, a cold expression in their now purple eyes.

"We have no choice, we have to attack." Robin said.

"If we have no choice..." Dick said and he and Robin rushed to charge Batman followed by the turtles, the Rainbooms, April, Casey and Keno; but Negatron beat them to it.

"Batman's little pets." He spat and the heroes were ejected backwards, all except Applejack and Raphael.

"Oh, I see." The Nighlok began. "You two aren't Batman's pets, and you're right about that." Negatron came up with an idea. "Hey Bats, finish them off and don't hold back." He ordered but Bruce didn't move.

"Do as he told you, Batman." Madimot cracked his whip and Batman charged Raph and AJ.

The turtle and the cowgirl exchanged glances and nodded before attacking, Raph drew his sais ready to attack Bruce, but Batman avoided his attack and tried to attack with the blades of his gauntlet but Applejack intercepted the attack and connected a kick to Bruce's chest, knocking him back.

Batman threw some explosive Batarangs, the boys threw shurikens to block the Batarangs, making them explode in midair.
Batman changed his strategy and headed for some warehouses not far from the dock, the boys didn't think twice and followed him.

"Applejack, Raph, wait!" Leo called.

"I don't think so." Madimot said as he snapped his fingers to call out some Kraangdroids and Hybrid Moogers.

The ninjas and samurai took on the Kraangdroids and Moogers to get to the Nighloks, meanwhile Nightwing and Robin were trying to restrain Batgirl.

"Come on Batgirl, get out of the spell." Dick tried to reason with her, but Barbara responded with a front kick.
Robin tried to lunge with his baton, but Babs dodged the attack and snatched the baton away from Tim to hit him with the tip of the baton.

Donnie wanted to intervene and attacked with his Bo.

"Please Batgirl, fight this." He pleaded.

Barbara's response was a poke at Donnie's eyes followed by a low blow.

"Ow, I guess I deserved that too." He groaned as he fell to his knees.


Raph and AJ followed Batman to a warehouse somewhat clear of the others. When they entered they saw that Bruce was nowhere to be found.

"Keep an eye out AJ, he might be somewhere." Raph warned.

As the two slowly moved forward AJ noticed something approaching, so she pushed Raph to avoid getting hit in the head by a Batarang.

As the two got up they saw Batman jump off the roof to take them down but they got out of the way in time, the turtle and the cowgirl charged towards Bruce. It was an exchange of blows for both sides, Batman blocked Raph and AJ's attacks and in turn they dodged Bruce's blows.

Raph tried to attack with his sais but the bat stepped forward and pulling his arm knocked him down, then he set out to throw exploding batarangs at Applejack, the cowgirl was able to intercept the batarangs and throw them back at Batman but he fired his grappling hook to avoid the exploding batarangs, as Bruce continued to climb Raph threw some kunais to cut the grappling hook cable, Batman ended up falling to the ground and Applejack charged at him but Bruce spun around and dodged the blonde girl, still on the ground he spun around and landed a kick to AJ's head, Bruce wanted to punch AJ but the blonde girl managed to escape in time.

Raph and Applejack charged everything they had against Bruce and Bats was starting to lose territory bit by bit, in one move Raph gave AJ his hand to lift her up so she could land a spinning kick, Raph attacked with a series of kicks and the two attacked with a flying kick that sent Bruce flying.

"Okay, he's ours." Raph announced.

"Let's do it now before we..." Applejack couldn't finish as some Kraangdroids and Moogers appeared and attacked.

"No, not now." AJ complained as he fought the enemy soldiers.

As they fought the Kraangdroids and Moogers, Raph noticed a strange sound coming from the warehouse, like a lit fuse.

When he turned around, his suspicions were confirmed, someone had lit dynamite inside the place. "AJ, we need to get out of here." He warned.

"But we have to go get Batman." She said.

But Bruce was already leaving the place through a window. The guys ran to escape but the enemy troops were many and were getting in their way.


Blade took it upon himself to neutralize some Kraangdroids, but Negatron appeared behind him.

"Equestrian Adefesium." He said and Blade flew out of there.

Karai tried to attack with her snake hands, but the Nighlok stopped them.

"Lady Shredder." He spat again and Karai flew off the battlefield.

"Karai, no!" Fluttershy shouted and Negatron approached her.

"You cowardly girl, even a chihuahua beats you, you're the only girl I know who's afraid of her own shadow." Negatron said again and Fluttershy flew off the battlefield.

Mikey tried to attack with his nunchaku but the Nighlok easily dodged it.

"But if it isn't the fool one of the group." Negatron sneered.

"Hey, I'm not a fool." He said.

"Of course you're a fool, you always were a fool, your idiocy makes the Mikeys of the other universes look like serious guys, just someone like you so dumb and clueless not to notice that he's pressing the alarm button of the villains' lair, or that he's not able to close his big mouth so as not to give himself and his brothers away, or that he confuses snake scales with cream and onion chips, or of using a failed mutagen to make himself look 'Super Cool' without first seeing the bunch of warnings on the mutagen bottle, or that he's thinking pizza all the time that he's capable of creating his own pizza out of garbage. " Negatron said. "You say your brothers never take you seriously and don't listen to you, answer me this, do you really think they should bother to listen to someone like that and take him seriously even if he is right?"

"Well, when you put it that way..."

"The answer is no, they shouldn't bother listening to a fool like you, what does it matter if you were right about something, it doesn't take away from the fact that you will still be a fool, and when you screw up again, they will realize it wasn't worth making that pinkie promise since you are a bad bet, and that's because you are a fool, a mess, a goofbag!!!"

Those words set off a large amount of negative energy charge that sent Mikey crashing into the nearest wall and landing in a dumpster.

"Ha, who's a goofbag, Michelangelo is the goofbag." Negatron continued to taunt.

"Hey, leave him alone." Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy were heading to attack Negatron.

"Oh, but if it isn't the friendship experts." He said sarcastically. "I mean, one of the aspects of friendship is forgiveness, and forgiveness equals forgetting past things, especially the bad things people did to you." The Rainbooms tried to attack with their weapons but the Nighlok jumped to avoid being attacked. "If you all had really forgiven Sunset then you would never have accused her of being Anon-a-Miss, instead you abandoned her and accused her of being a false friend, I want to assume that you were true friends with her." Negatron paused before continuing. "When I think about it I think you girls were actually true friends with her after all, and that's because false friends stab you in the back... and true friends stab you in the front."

Those words caused the Rainbooms to end up falling into the water.

"Girls!" Twilight shouted but before she ran to help her friends everyone heard an explosion not far from their position.

"What was that?" She asked.

"That's none of your business." Negatron said as he appeared in front of her. "And tell me Twilight, how does it feel to be Leonardo's second table dish? I mean, he's only cute with you just because you look like the princess, after all she's the one he loves, but how does he feel about you? I guess for him you're just a hobby, because let's be clear, who would notice a nerd like you? I doubt that campy boy is attracted to you too."

Negatron's words wounded Twilight so deeply that she ended up crashing into the nearest wall.

Leo, Keno, Shini, Casey, Starlight and the rangers were being cornered by enemy troops.

"This isn't good." Mike said as he cut down a Kraangdroid.

"They shouldn't be allowed to keep getting closer." Jayden suggested.

"We need to think of something before they lock us in." Leo said.

Nightwing and Robin were still trying to restrain Batgirl and April and Donnie were taking care of Madimot.

Donnie tried to ram the Nighlok with his Bo Baton, but Madimot caught the baton and with a twist hit the turtle in the face with his shield.

April wanted to attack with her Tanto Katana Blade but Madimot blocked her attack with his shield.

"That's all you got?" He said as he fired lightning bolts that hit April, Donnie, Nightwing and Robin.

The four heroes landed near their friends and seconds later so did the rest of the team.

"We're running out of space, and ideas." Mikey said.

"Only a miracle can save us." Pinkie said.

Before the enemy troops could advance, Batman appeared in the middle of the two sides.

"Oh, perfect, this is magnificent." Negatron said.

"Now we can start the real fun." Madimot said. "Batman, finish them off, but first tell us how you feel, is there anything you want to say?" He cracked his whip.

"I only have one thing to say." Bruce said in a monotone voice, he pulled some Batarangs from his belt and saw out of the corner of his eye the two Nighloks. "Go to hell." Batman threw the Batarangs at the enemy troops and the Nighloks and kicked Batgirl.

The heroes were shocked at what had just happened.

"But how?" Jayden asked.

"Guys, look at his eyes." Twilight pointed and they all noticed that Bruce had normal eyes again.

"Batman." Nightwing called out and Batman joined the others. "What happened?"

"How did you get free of Madimot's control?" Jayden asked.

"Honestly, I don't know." Bruce replied. "The last thing I remember is that guy with a blue face threw a purple beam at me, then when I regained consciousness I ended up near a burning warehouse near here."

"Wait, where are Raph and Applejack?" Rarity asked.

"Funny you should ask about them." Negatron said and some Kraandroids threw Applejack's hat and one of Raph's sais at the heroes.

They all gasped when they saw the objects on the floor.

"Raph, AJ!!!" Mikey yelled.

"Are they..." Pinkie didn't finish asking the question.

"How could this happen?" April asked.

"The explosion." Twilight gasped. "Guys, remember one of the warehouses exploded."

"That's right, you want to know who was there?" Madimot said and a Kraandroid activated a device that showed the image of Raph and Applejack following Batman into a warehouse, everyone saw that AJ and Raph were giving Bruce a fight and might even beat him, however they watched as a large group of Kraangdroids and Moogers entered the place. The guys were outnumbered, they could not cope with them all, Batman took the opportunity to ignite the dynamite, close the warehouse and escape, the enclosure exploded with AJ and Raph and the Kraangdroids and Moogers inside it.

Everyone was shocked by what had just happened, Fluttershy and Rarity burst into tears when they realized that their friends had died, Pinkie's hair deflated and became straight, Twilight hugged Leo, April did the same with Donnie.

Batman on the other hand, was confused, he didn't know what to think, a part of him was conflicted, somehow he helped cause this, indirectly he had broken his one rule, but at the same time he thought something wasn't right, something was missing in that video, but still he couldn't be sure, he wasn't aware of what he was doing.

"Were it so easy." He muttered.

Dick walked over to Bruce and put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, this wasn't your fault."

"Exactly, it was Madimot who pulled the strings." Tim said.

"They're right." Sunset said. "Trust us when we tell you that what happened to Applejack and Raph wasn't your fault."

"Pfff, now that's funny." Negatron said.

"What do you mean by that?" Sunset asked.

"You just told Batman to trust you guys, that's pretty funny, since you're asking the impossible of him." Negatron said. "He would never trust you guys even if his life depended on it."

"Huh?" everyone except for the Gotham Knights said in confusion.

"Just as you heard, even after what happened in Gotham he still can't trust all of you, what's more, he trusts no one, not his allies, not his false children, not even the man who raised him."

"But what happened in Gotham..." Fluttershy said.

"He was simply faking it so you guys could play along, that's how his modus operandi works." Madimot said. "Batgirl, could you give us a brief description of what Batman is really like?" He cracked his whip.

"Of course, he's a user, he takes advantage of things even if it hurts those who are supposed to be his friends." Barbara said in a monotone voice. "He manipulates, he cheats, everything to get what he wants, isn't that right Nightwing?"

Dick lowered his head, he knew exactly that Barbara's words were actually his own, he said them the day he gave up being Robin.

"You see, even the first boy wonder knows it, everyone knows it, they knew that that red turtle and that cowgirl were right about Batman, about him being a thrill seeker, an old man who just uses the hero job as an excuse to deal with his childhood traumas, and before you guys tell me those two never gave Batman a chance to explain himself, to be honest he never intended to, in the end he had to tell the turtle and the cowgirl his secret but he was out of options, and that's because he knew he was wrong, but he would never admit it as a matter of pride, or am I wrong? " Negatron said.

Karai, Shini Starlight, Balde and the rangers watched as the ninjas, the Rainbooms and the Gotham Knights lowered their heads, they knew that what Negatron said wasn't entirely wrong, they spent a lot of time complaining about Raph and AJ's attitude when they should have been put in their position besides just following Batman's directions without even having the necessary information.

Bruce on the other hand, even if he didn't show it, was pensive. It was no secret to anyone that he was quite suspicious and still was, it was also true that he ended up telling Raph and AJ about his past because it was the only way to get through to them, deep down he also felt guilty for not telling the guys full information about the villains of Gotham, he thought about if something had happened to the guys it would weigh him down as much or more than the time the Joker 'killed' Jason.

"But hey, that's enough talk, time to get this over with." Negatron said and several Kraangdroids with blasters and Moogers with blasters appeared.

"This day will not only be remembered not only as the day Batman broke his one rule, but it will also be the day the Samurai Rangers, the Rainbooms, the New York Ninjas, the Gotham Knights and the Dark Knight were destroyed." Madimot said.

The heroes stood on guard, Rarity was ready to throw a diamond shield and the rangers readied their Samuraizers.
The Nighloks were about to give the order to fire, but a smoke bomb exploded and immediately a few cuts were heard, when the smoke cleared everyone saw how the blasters of the Kraangdroids and Moogers were destroyed.

"What just happened?" Pinkie asked in confusion.

"Funny you should ask that, Sugarcube." A female voice with a rather familiar country accent.

Everyone turned their eyes to see Applejack unharmed standing next to them.

"Applejack!!!" Pinkie's hair fluffed up again and everyone ran to meet the country girl.

"AJ, you're alive." Fluttershy said.

"But if you're here, where's Raph?" Donnie asked.

"That's an excellent question." Raph appeared in front of everyone.

"Raph!!!" Mikey wasted no time and hugged his brother. "You're okay."

"But how did you guys escape from the warehouse?" Starlight asked.

"Maybe because we never entered the warehouse." Raph replied.

"What do you mean you never went in there?" Batman asked.

"That's because of the help we had from our new friend in red." Applejack pointed at Jayden.

"I guess the plan worked." He replied.

"Wait, you knew about this?" Casey asked.

"You three planned it all from the beginning." Madimot said.

"Of course, the rangers told us about the time you used your spell on the blue ranger and the tiger zord, so before we came here we approached the red ranger and based on past experiences he provided us with tools needed to make our plan work." Raph said and Applejack offered her arm to Sunset to use her powers, to which the bacon girl chose to touch AJ's arm and visualize what happened.

Flashback

Jayden handed them a white disk with the kanji resistance (反).

"Are you sure that with this we can free Batman from the Nighlok's control?" AJ asked.

"But you need to be close enough to use the disc on him." Jayden told them.

"Don't worry, we'll figure something out." Raph said.

"After we set out to chase Batman we knew he was leading us into a trap, so we decided to take our precautions." AJ said.

"You know, I think I know what you two can do." Jayden began to explain a plan.

After discussing, Raph and Applejack used their paintbrushes to make the symbol to create doppelgangers of themselves.

"Go." Raph ordered and the doppelgangers ran off to battle.

The guys took another route while the doppelgangers continued the chase.

Later, Raph and AJ were hiding on the rooftop of one of the warehouses watching the doppelgangers chase Bruce into the trap, they didn't know if Batman would realize that the guys he was dealing with were nothing more than decoys.

As they waited, Applejack could no longer resist asking the red turtle something.

"Hey Raph, can I ask you something?" The cowgirl asked.

"Yeah, shoot." Raph replied.

"How come that Negatron guy's powers didn't affect you? You're usually the one most likely to react to insults."

"Remember the time we told you about our first confrontation against Spider Bite and Leo benched me?" Raph asked back and AJ nodded. "Well, I went back to the sewers and told Slash, who was still Spike, that Leo had made a mistake by benching me, and that it didn't matter if I had anger issues, it made me a better fighter, Splinter was listening and told me that he once came to think the same thing, so he told me a story, it was during the time he was courting Tang Shen, however there was another man vying for her attention."

"The Shredder." Applejack deduced.

"One day Shredder insulted Sensei in front of Shen, said all sorts of things to him, Splinter felt he had to defend himself against those insults."

"And he did."

Raph nodded. "But that only fueled Shredder's hatred to the point where he wanted to destroy Sensei."

"And then?"

"I think you know the answer to that." Raph said

"But that wasn't his fault, Shredder insulted him, Splinter had no choice." AJ said.

"I thought that too, but Splinter told me he had choice."

"Oh yeah, like what?"

"Ignore him, let his words wash over him, like a river over a rock, but he let that piss him off, Splinter recognized that it was he who was the one who turned Shredder's words into weapons." Raph said. "When I understood that, I knew what I had to do to defeat Spider Bite and stand up to Negatron."

"Wow, I didn't know you had that in you."

"Hey, I don't need to lose my head to make myself look good."

"You should do that more often."

"Maybe I will, when Mikey moderates his vocabulary." They both laughed at that, but that was short-lived when one of the warehouses exploded. Then they saw that Batman was leaving the place.

"All right, time for action." Raph said.

The guys came down from the rooftop discreetly so as not to lose the wow factor, Raph stepped forward to get Bruce's attention, drawing his sais he moved to attack Batman but the latter noticed someone heading towards him.
With a quick action Bruce dodged Raph's attack and lifted him up to smash through a wall with the turtle's body.

The two got up and Raph gave a front kick to the bat which knocked him to the ground.

Raph wanted to stomp on Bruce but Batman moved out of the way. Swinging with his leg, Bruce knocked Raph down, the turtle got up and wanted to attack with one of his sais but Batman blocked it with his gauntlet.

Raph headbutted and Batman retreated, the turtle charged at Bruce but the latter delivered a spinning kick to Raph that knocked him to the ground.

Grabbing one of the sais, Bruce set out to finish Raph off but the turtle threw a smoke bomb to repel the Dark Knight.
Batman recovered from the temporary blindness and threw explosive Batarangs at the turtle, Raph in a quick action intercepted the Batarangs and threw them back at Batman, Bruce fired the blades of his gauntlet to explode the Batarangs, however one managed to explode near Batman's face, that kept him stunned for half a minute.

Raph saw his chance and lunged at Bruce, but the latter even in the midst of his shock still managed to pull Raph's arm and throw him out of the way and spin around to use the sai he had taken from Raph and stab AJ in the chest who wanted to surprise Batman.

If anyone besides the three of them were here, they would witness that Batman had just broken his one rule, the one thing he had sworn not to do during his journey as Gotham's protective vigilante.

Applejack was in shock as she felt the sai continue to pierce her chest.

"You..." AJ could barely get the word out. "You fell right where I wanted you." The cowgirl raised a spin sword with the resistance disk inserted into it, activated the disk and slashed diagonally at Bruce.

Batman recoiled in a state of shock after the attack received from Applejack, the symbol of resistance appeared in front of Bruce and with all his strength he managed to expel from his body the spell of Madimot, Batman fell to the ground inconveniently, exhausted after everything that happened.

Raph ran over to Applejack who was on the ground.

"AJ, are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She replied.

Raph helped AJ up and once up AJ removed the sai from her body, but there was something odd, there was no blood.

"I guess Jayden's plan worked." The cowgirl said before pulling a blanket out from under her blouse, said blanket had the kanji for protection () on it.

"Good thing he stabbed you in the chest, I was worried that part didn't go as planned." Raph said.

"Yeah, me too." AJ admitted. "For a moment there I thought he'd go for the head." They both laughed at that.

"We have to get back to the others."

"Wait, what are we going to do with him?" AJ pointed to a still unconscious Bruce.

After a few seconds of careful thought, Raph came to a conclusion.

"I have an idea." The two carried Batman outside and laid him on the ground.

"We'll apologize later." Raph said before he and AJ left the scene.

Flashback End

"And that's all that happened." Raph finished counting and Sunset released Applejack.

Everyone was amazed at how Raph and AJ freed Batman.

"You two planned all this to free him?" Sunset asked.

"A masterful move AJ, you let him hurt you so you could get close enough to attack." Blade admitted.

"Are you two out of your minds or what?" Dick asked. "What you guys did was so..."

"Creative." Bruce finished for him.

"Are you serious?" Tim asked him. "That was anything but creative."

"They knew exactly what needed to be done, and they went to enlist the help of someone who was in a similar situation."

"They slashed you with a sword, and they could have died just to free you." Nightwing stressed.

"It was a risk they had to take, besides, they applied the rule of the greater good, collateral damage is acceptable as long as the objective is achieved." Batman explained.

"I doubt they saw you as collateral damage." Twilight said.

"I didn't mean me." Bruce walked over to Raph and AJ. "I'd thank you two, but I'd say you did something selfless."

"Ha, look who's talking." Raph said.

"Alright, so what if you guys freed Batman, we still have Batgirl, and you'll never be able to free her from my spell." Madimot said.

"You guys take care of freeing Batgirl, we'll take care of these two clowns." Applejack said as she removed the resistance disk from the spin sword and threw the disk at Donnie.

Raph activated his medallion and transformed into the mystical fire ninja, Applejack on the other hand activated her geode and transformed into Crystal Guard.

"Applejack, Raph!" Jayden called out. "Use this."

The red ranger tossed a spin sword and a cherry colored disc to Raph and the black box to Applejack.

"Another disk?" Raph asked.

"You'll need extra power." Jayden said.

"The black box." Kevin said. "Jayden, are you sure?"

"Maybe they don't have enough Symbol Power development like we do, but I'm sure they can handle it."

"Okay, let's do it." Raph inserted the disk into the spin sword and activated it. "Shark Attack Mode!!!"

Applejack in turn turned on the black box. "Super Samurai Mode!!!"

The heroes were astonished as Applejack and Raphael's transformation was completed. They were both wearing some sort of flowing tunic or long coat, Applejack's was colored white while Raph's was colored red. The coats had the Samurai ranger emblem on the left side of the chest and on the back, only in Applejack's case she had the kanji of truth (真) on the back.

"Guys, look at that." Mikey said.

"Awesome." Twilight was impressed.

"What are you guys wearing?" Sunset asked.

"I don't know, but I like it." Rarity said.

"What's that weapon Raph is carrying?" Robin asked about Raph's new modified spin sword.

"That's the Shark Sword." Mike replied.

"The Shark Sword? I don't know what that means, but it sounds 20% cooler." Rainbow Dash said.

"This is sweet." Raph admitted as he assessed his new weapon, he also noticed that on his medallion instead of having the yin yang symbol it now had the face of the Shark Zord.
"Let's get them." Applejack said after inserting the super disk into the spin sword and placing the black box with the sword.

"I guess they lead now." Dick said to Batman.

"Of course." Bruce replied.

AJ and Raph made way for the others taking on some Kraangdroids and Hybrid Moogers. Applejack took down a couple of Kraangdroids, but another group shot at her with their blasters, in one swift action AJ took a leap and doing a swift spin she finished off the Kraangdroids with a slash.

"Wow, not only am I stronger, I'm faster too, this black box rules." She said.

Raph for his part was dealing with some Moogers, they were outnumbering him.

"Alright Shark Sword, let's see what you can do." Raph said and with quick motion he swung his sword to the front, the next thing that happened was the Shark Sword extended its blade and obliterated the enemies in its path, after that the sword contracted to its original form.

"Nice, pretty cool." Raph said.

The ninjas and the Rainbooms and the Batfamily took care of the Kraangdroids and Moogers. Batman kicked a Mooger in the front and connected a series of blows to a Kraang, a droid wanted to shoot Bruce but he took the gun from him and used it to shoot the enemies around him, a Mooger tackled Batman but Bruce shot the blades of his gauntlet into the Mooger's face to knock him off the top.

Rainbow Dash impaled some Kraangdroids with her spear.

"Not bad, now watch this." Mike said before calling out his special weapon. "Forest Spear." With his new weapon Mike finished off the enemies. "Forest Spear, Leaf Storm." Spinning his spear Mike created a tornado of leaves that sent the droids flying.

Rarity used her kama sickles to chop off the heads of some Kraangdroids and Twilight used her kamayari spear to knock a Mooger to the ground and then stab it.

"Time to amp things up." Mia called out to her special weapon. "Sky Fan." She used her fan to create a whirlwind that sent many enemies flying.

Pinkie Pie used the chain of her bakuhatsugama to knock a Mooger's sword off and leaping attacked said Mooger with the blade of her weapon.

Mikey attacked some Kraangdroids with his nunchaku, but a Mooger knocked him down. The Mooger was about to stab Mikey but it was Shinigami's Hypno Ball hit him in the head.

"Thanks Shini." Mikey thanked.

"What are you doing there on the ground? Get up!" she ordered and Mikey resumed the fight.

Casey threw exploding discs while Keno used his batons to hit some Moogers.

Karai switched to her snake form to spit acid at the Moogers, Fluttershy fired her darts, Blade and Jayden finished off some droids with their swords.

Leo took a leap to avoid a Kraang's shots, while in the air Leo threw one of his swords at a Mooger and spinning cut the Kraangdroid in half from the bottom up.

Starlight shot some Moogers with her bow, however she didn't notice a group of Kraangdroids behind her, however they were neutralized by Kevin who fired with his Hydro Bow.

Applejack finished off the last Kraangdroid that was in her way, but was taken down by a group of Moogers with blasters.

Before the Moogers fired again they were taken down by a series of shots.

"What?" AJ was confused.

"Applejack!" The cowgirl turned to see Jayden who was carrying a blaster. The muzzle of the blaster was shaped like the face of a red bull.

"Applejack, use this to defeat the Master Blasters." Jayden threw the blaster at AJ followed by a white disc.

"What is this thing?" She asked.

"It's the Bullzooka, Fire Up!" he ordered.

AJ placed the disc upright in a slot designed for the spin sword. Immediately Applejack proceeded to fire at the enemies approaching her.

"WOW, this is a real blaster!" She said excitedly.

Meanwhile with Batgirl, Nightwing and Robin were trying to control her, Dick tried to attack but Barbara escaped and gave him a roundhouse kick, Dick staggered a little but recovered, he took a step forward and did a sweep making her lose her balance a little, Dick stayed down so Tim could gain momentum and throw a series of kicks at Barbara, the next thing that happened was that Donnie hit her with his Bo, then taking momentum he jumped to hit the girl with the tip of his cane.
Batgirl fell to the ground, April threw her tessen, Barbara managed to avoid the attack but didn't see that the other redhead was approaching with an activated spin sword, April managed to deliver a slash right in the pit of Barbara's stomach, the symbol of resistance activated on her and Batgirl managed to expel Madimot's spell before falling to the ground unconscious.

"Batgirl!" The four heroes approached her.

"Batgirl, say something please." April shook her.

Very slowly Barbara opened her eyes, everyone saw that her eyes were normal.

"Ugh, what happened?" She asked. "I feel like I got crushed by a truck."

The heroes breathed a sigh of relief.

"Don't worry, we'll explain later." Dick said.

Back with Raph and AJ, the two were taking on the Nighloks, the turtle was taking on Negatron while the cowgirl was dealing with Madimot.

"I'm surprised you didn't get kicked out of the house for your problems will go." Negatron spat but Raph didn't flinch, on the contrary, he kept attacking.

"I've had enough of this." Negatron turned around and shot bolts of lightning from the eyes on his back.

Raph leapt to avoid the attack, but before he hit the ground he used the Shark Sword's extendable blade to slash at the Nighlok.

Applejack was still firing at Madimot, the Nighlok used its shield to protect himself. Madimot waved his whip and used it to get the super spin sword entangled with his whip, Applejack rolled to connect a kick to Madimot to free his weapon.

"Leonardo will always be better than you." Negatron kept saying to Raph but the turtle didn't rush to attack.

"Like a river over a rock." He said remembering Splinter's words.

Raph rushed to attack the Nighlok.

"Temperamental Turtle." None of that was working on Raph. He just kept attacking Negatron, with one slash the Nighlok fell to the ground.

Raph prepared to deliver the final blow but Negatron still wouldn't give up.

"If you had been better he would still be alive."

That made Raph stop in his tracks, that made him hesitate for a second, but he continued to attack.

"Gotcha." Negatron said.

Madimot slammed his whip into Applejack's hand making her drop the Bullzooka, then proceeded to shoot lasers from his shield, Applejack fell to the ground.

"Ha, time for a new puppet." The Nighlok said, but before he could fire his blue beam some small spheres flew out and landed on Madimot's face as well as Negatron.

When they recovered they saw the guy who had thrown those mini bombs at them, that individual was none other than The Batman.

"You..." Negatron said.

"Surprised? You shouldn't be." Batman said before proceeding to attack, Madimot tried to use his whip, but Bruce jumped to avoid the lash, he connected a series of blows to the ribs to the Nighlok and spinning around Batman threw a kick to Madimot's chest that sent him down. Batman immediately turned his attention to Negatron who landed a series of kicks to the Nighlok.

Madimot and Negatron regrouped to make a combined attack, Madimot fired lightning bolts from his shield while Negatron shot lightning bolts from the eyes on his back, Bruce jumped back before throwing some explosive Batarangs at the two monsters, the two villains fell to the ground.

"That was for almost making me destroy my friends." Bruce said before walking away. However, he didn't see that the Nighloks were getting up again, but before they could do anything to Batman they were repelled by the Shark Sword.
Bruce noticed something was up and turned to see Raph and AJ who were running in the direction of the Nighloks. Applejack threw her Super Spin Sword at Raph, the turtle approached Negatron and gave him a Double Slash with both swords. Applejack jumped up and prepared to attack, Madimot raised his shield but he didn't count on the blonde girl's super strength, AJ ended up hitting the shield, the shield didn't resist and ended up in pieces.

"NO!!! My shield!" Madimot wailed.

"Are you ready,AJ?" Raph asked Applejack.

"Of course I am." She replied. Raph handed the Super Spin Sword back to her, Applejack armed herself with the Bullzooka once more, she removed the disc from the blaster slot and put the Super Spin Sword in its place, then she placed the disc in the black box.

"Shark Sword Slash!!!" Raph said and used the Shark Sword's extendable blade to destroy Negatron.

"Super Bullzooka!" Applejack activated the weapon and aimed it at Madimot. "Bullzooka Blast!!!" She pulled the trigger and a red bull-shaped beam destroyed the Nighlok.

"Very good." Raph said as he high-fived Applejack.

The other heroes walked over to them.

"Guys, that was great." Mikey said.

"You guys were fantastic." Fluttershy said.

"You guys." Batman called out but neither Raph nor AJ flinched. "Good job." He complimented.

"Thanks, but this is far from over." Raph said pointing to the giant forms of Madimot and Negatron.

"Raph, go with the rangers, they will need you to form the Megazord." Jayden said to the red turtle. "Applejack, do you think you can drive the Bull Zord?" He asked the cowgirl.

"I thought you'd never ask." Applejack answered and Jayden handed her the Bull Disc, she inserted the disc into the Super Bullzooka. "Bull Zord." She called out to the Zord and the Bull Zord appeared.

"Wow, that's a big bull." Robin said.

"Ready Raph?" Kevin asked.

"Sure thing." He replied.

"Mega Mode Power! Combined Zords!" They all said in order to form the Megazord. "Samurai Megazord, We Are United." The rangers were in their booths, Raph took the place that was normally Jayden's, she immediately noticed that his coat turned into some sort of protective vest similar to the one the rangers had in their Mega Mode.

Applejack entered the Bull Zord's cockpit, she watched as the white coat joined her Crystal Guard attire, creating a white vest.

"Bull Zord, Transformation." The Zord stood upright, the cannons located on its back relocated to the sides forming two arms, on the back of the bull's neck a humanoid face was revealed.

"Bull Megazord, armed for battle." Applejack said.

Madimot used his whip to strike the Megazords and Negatron shot lightning from his back.
The boys were in trouble after the incoming attacks, but Applejack prepared the counterattack.

"Shoulder Blaster." She commanded and the Bull Megazord fired lasers from its shoulders in Negatron's direction.

"Raging Lion Howl." Raph said and the Megazord's lion's mouth spat fire towards Madimot.

"Now Raph, now's our chance." Mike said and Raph inserted the Shark disc into the Mega Spin.

"Shark Zord." He said and the Megazord's sword transformed into the Shark Zord.

"Samurai Artillery." The front legs separated from the Zord's body and joined together forming a sort of helmet, the back legs separated and were placed on the hilt part.

The Megazord took off the helmet and put on the newly created helmet, then took the Shark Sword.

"Shark Samurai Megazord, Armed for Battle."

"A silly hat and a huge sword, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen." Negatron said.

"Well let's see how ridiculous you think this is." Raph said. "Ready AJ?"

"Of course I am." She replied.

"Mega Blade Activate." Raph, Applejack and the Rangers said.

"Disco Bull, Power Up." AJ said and the Bull Megazord lifted his left leg and the Bull Disc flew out and landed on the Megazord's head and in turn readied a revolver cannon.

"Let's do it Together." Raph said. "Shark Sword Slash!" He along with the rangers said and the Megazord and a vertical slash from top to bottom that split Negatron in half.

"Revolving Laser Blaster," Applejack said. "Final Strike!" The Bull Megazord fired its Revolving Cannon and a blue beam shot out at the part of the Bull Megazord's head where the Bull Disk was that destroyed Madimot.

"AHH! I can't be beat! I'm the baddest of the baaaaaaaaad!" Were Madimot's words before he fell.

"Aah! I take nothing back!" Negatron said before exploding.

"Ninja Turtles, Rainbooms and Rangers..." Raph began.

"Victory is ours!" Applejack finished.

Everyone downstairs celebrated the victory, while Batman just smirked.


Later at the Shiba house, the bathhouse family said goodbye to everyone.

"It was good to work together again." Dick said.

"Yeah, maybe we'll have to do it more often." Leo said.

"Guys, I'm really sorry about what happened." Barbara apologized.

"You don't have to apologize, Madimot was the one who manipulated you and you weren't aware of what you were doing." April said.

"She's right, not even the strongest members of the rangers could resist that spell." Donnie assured.

"Maybe, but I can't help but feel guilty that I wasn't stronger to resist that spell." Barbara continued.

"You shouldn't beat yourself up about it, it's like Donnie said, not even a ranger or a Zord could resist the Nighlok's spell, you can't keep feeling guilty about it, if Batman being Batman couldn't do it, chances are you wouldn't have been able to either, it's like what two guys once told me, there are things out of our control, like not being able to avoid putting ourselves at risk." April said remembering Casey and Donnie's words.

"But also, I feel kind of dumb about how Negatron's words affected me." Batgirl said.

"So what Negatron said about you was true?" April asked.

"Maybe, but I assure you when I tell you I would never do anything to take Donnie away from you I meant it, the day you see me do it feel free to disintegrate me on a molecular level." Babs said.

"I guess I'll take your word for it." April said before giving her a hug, then Barbara turned to Donnie.

"Donnie..."

"No need to keep apologizing." He said.

"I just wanted to tell you that I hope what you told me that time about April is true, because if I find out that you hurt April, either directly or indirectly, or you're making eyes at another girl, I won't need to be under a spell to beat you to a pulp, is that clear?" She said bluntly.

"Yes, it was clear." Donnie swallowed hard.

"I can't help but feel like a fool for letting Negatron's words get to me." Robin commented.

"You shouldn't feel bad, we all have something we don't want to hear." Batman said.

"That didn't sound very comforting." Dick said.

"I guess you have things you don't want to hear too." Applejack folded her arms.

"I won't say you're right, but I won't say you're wrong either." Bruce said simply. "Donatello, is it done?"

"Yes, opening a portal straight to the Batcave." Donnie turned on his portal generator and a portal activated.

"Well, that's our cue." Dick said. "See you guys soon."

"Until next time." Robin said as he, Dick and Batgirl stepped through the portal.

"It was good working with you guys." Bruce shook Jayden's hand.

"Same can I say." Jayden said.

Before crossing the portal, Batman stopped to say a few words to Raph and AJ.

"I know you two don't trust me, and I don't blame you, I your place I would do the same too, but today you risked your lives so you could save me even if it meant losing yours. I guess I can trust you with my life, and that's something I don't do everyone." Batman proceeded to remove his mask revealing the face of Bruce Wayne, he handed the mask to Raph and then removed his tool belt and handed it to Applejack. "I hope with this you know that you can now trust me, just as I am willing to trust all of you." He said looking at the ninjas, the Rainbooms and even the Power Rangers.

"Does that mean there will be no more secrets and half-baked information?" Raph asked.

"I never said that, although for next time I'm going to tell you all the information needed." Bruce said before stepping through the portal.


After the Batifamily returned to their dimension, the boys went inside the house to rest from the long day they had.

"Man, what a day." Rainbow said.

"Yeah, a heavy day." Applejack added.

Fluttershy walked through the living room and saw Mikey sitting in a depressed state.

"Mikey, what's wrong?" She asked.

"Oh, nothing Fluttershy, it's just that Negatron was right." Mikey sighed. "I'm a fool."

"Mikey, how can you say that?" She gasped and the others came in.

"Because it's the truth, I always end up exposing myself and my brothers to the public eye like with the MuckMan case, or when I can't help but shut my big mouth and end up talking out of turn, or when I end up agreeing to do things just because I thought it was right, like the time I thought I could befriend a human and ended up bringing the enemy home, or when I set out to secretly train CMCs, or when I didn't pay attention and ended up setting off villain lair alarms, or when I didn't read Donnie's mutagen warnings and ended up causing myself terrible acne. "

"What do you mean he used mutagen to give himself acne?" Mia asked.

"One time Mikey woke up with acne, after I did some tests on him I told him that it says the pimples will continue to spread, until it basically turns into a giant pimple and explodes." Donnie said. "We later found out that the reason he got that infection was that Mikey went to my lab and found something that would make him 'Super Cool' and smeared it on his face to make him a cooler and better person, I explained to Mikey that actually the substance in the bottle was a failed Retromutagen, and what the bottle actually said was 'Super Cooled'. Mikey complained that I should have labeled it better, and I turned the bottle over revealing many warning signs."

"How bad was his acne?" Mike asked and Donnie showed him a picture he had on his T-Phone. "Well, that doesn't look so bad."

Donnie checked the photo and saw that it was the wrong photo.

"Whoops, that wasn't it." Donnie kept looking and finally found the correct photo.

The rangers were horrified to see Mikey's condition.

"Ok, I take it back, that's horrible." Mike said.

"Now I see why you guys didn't believe me when I told you about Pizza Face, or Cozy Glow or April's mom, and really you guys have reason to not take me seriously, who would actually believe the dumbass in the group would get anything right?" Mikey lowered his head.

The ninjas and Rainbooms watched as Mikey continued to belittle himself, and didn't know how to make him feel better, but Raph decided to do something.

"That's... not quite true." He started. "I mean, if you hadn't said something about April's mom, then Leo wouldn't have warned me in time before he turned into a Slender-Thing and I wouldn't have made Mom-thing leave the house."

"And if you hadn't trained our sisters in secret, they wouldn't have saved us from Xever." Applejack said and Rarity and Rainbow Dash nodded.

"That doesn't mean what I did was right." Mikey muttered.

"And if I hadn't said something about Cozy Glow, the Young Six wouldn't have intervened before the magic disappeared." Starlight added.

"And who said you don't pay attention to things? If so then you wouldn't have finished the antidote to free us from the Parasitic Wasp's control with the directions I gave you." Donnie said. "Despite your failures you have achieved many successes."

"Still doesn't take away the fact that my failures were more than my successes." Mikey continued to chastise himself. "It's like Donnie said, my immaturity meant I wasn't taken seriously, and to be frank, I was the one who made Meanbooms worse, I could have spoken up but I let my past experiences, and my pride, get in the way, maybe I am a goofbag after all, and I'm sorry."

"Mikey, I don't think you should..." Leo wanted to speak but Mikey interrupted him.

"No, I've heard enough apologies, it's time for me to apologize and take some of the responsibility." Mikey took a deep breath and turned to face his family. "Guys, I'm sorry for being so clueless, I'm sorry for exposing us all the time, for taking the failed Retromutagen, for using Leo's favorite Space Heroes comic as toilet paper, for turning April's cottage upside down," Then he turned to look at Sunset. "I'm also sorry for calling you Meanset, that wasn't nice."

"Mikey..."

"When you apologized for calling me a goofbag all I said was that's what I wanted to hear when I should have apologized too, I know I apologized weeks later, but I still owed you a formal apology, and for that I apologize."

"Mikey, it's okay, there's nothing to forgive." Sunset put a hand on his shoulder.

"I also wanted to apologize to the three of you." Mikey turned to look at Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash. "I shouldn't have trained the CMC's, even if they had potential I should have respected your decision, just because of you guys didn't train them doesn't mean I should have, and I'm sorry, believe me when I tell you that if anything were to happen to them the main responsible would be me."

"It's all right, Mikey." Rainbow said.

"It's like Sunset said, there's nothing to forgive you for." Rarity assured.

"Thanks guys, for that I promise not to train anyone in secret again, even if they have potential, if there is someone who is against it, then I won't train them. Right Keno?" Mikey asked him.

"Yes, I promise too." Keno sighed.

"Also, I promise never to tell you like I did again, Sunset. And anyone who dares to do so will deal with me, to all that, Pinkie Promise." Mikey continued. "Cross our heart and hope to fly. Stick a cupcake in our eye." He then nudged Keno to recite his part of the promise.

The samurai looked on in confusion. "What are they doing?" Kevin said.

"A Pinkie Promise, and trust me, you never want to break it." Fluttershy said.

"I'll pretend to believe you." Mike said.

"And you better deliver this time, because otherwise I'll make you regret it." Pinkie warned.

Leo on the other hand noticed that Twilight wasn't with them.

"Where's Twilight?" he asked.

"She must be in her room, I guess the words Negatron said to her affected her." Emily said.

"I'll go talk to her."

"Do you think that's a good idea?" Sunset asked.

"I think so."


Meanwhile, Twilight had separated from the group to go to her room, she was now in front of the mirror with her hair down trying out various types of hairstyles, she had taken off her glasses to try out different changes of look.

"Do you think I should wear contact lenses?" She asked Spike.

"Hey, I think you should relax, you're taking Negatron's words too seriously." The dog replied.

"I'm just so confused." She buried her face in her hands. "Maybe the Nighlok was right, maybe Leo cute with me just because I look like the princess, I guess the boys give me the same treatment too."

"Don't doubt for any reason how my son feels about you." Master Splinter's voice and Twilight turned to see the rat master.

"Master Splinter!" Twilight exclaimed.

"It's good to see you, Twilight." Splinter greeted. "While it is true that Leonardo has feelings for the princess, but that it is also true that you hold a very important place in my son's heart, just as you do in the lives of the others."

"And what would that be?" she asked.

"Only you will find out." Splinter said before disappearing.

"Twilight?"

The purple girl shooed a little as she heard Leo call out to her.

"Leo?"

"Is everything all right? I didn't see you in the room." Leo walked over to her.

"I'm fine, I just...wanted to get some rest."

"You know I'll always be here for you, right?"

"And I'll always be here for you, even though deep down I know I'm not her."

"I know, but I don't want you to be like the princess." Leo took his glasses and put them on Twilight. "In fact, I like you just the way you are, and I wouldn't trade it for anything."

"Really?"

"Completely."

The two stood looking at each other, slowly they began to move closer, but just as they thought they were about to do something the mood was suddenly interrupted by a loud bang. Both Leo and Twilight looked over to where the thump occurred. There were Mikey and Pinkie on the ground, smiling sheepishly. They both looked at each other and immediately broke apart while Mikey and Pinkie were getting back up and acting as if nothing had happened, it wasn't until Mikey came up with something.

"I like you just the way you are." Mikey gently tapped Pinkie's shoulder.

"Really?" Pinkie pulled glasses out of her hair to pretend to be Twilight.

"Completely. Twilight!" Mikey spread his arms dramatically.

"Oh Leo!!!" Pinkie did the same and the two hugged like they were in a soap opera.

"Guys!!!"Twilight yelled, as Mikey Pinkie continued to taunt Twilight who chased her around the house for them to stop.


Back in the Batcave, The Gotham Knights were briefing Huntress and Black Canary on what happened in Panorama City.

"A monster literally hurting people by saying cruel things about them? Now that's new." Dinah admitted.

"Tell me about it." Huntress said.

"Us." Nightwing added. "From what I heard, this Negatron guy's victims included Jason, Nygma, Harley and Selina. Does that make sense to you guys?"

"Well, Jason was hired by Suprime to annihilate us, but in the end he didn't, Catwoman helped destroy his plan, and the others were his allies who failed miserably." Robin deduced.

"Maybe Riddler deserved it a little more." Barbara said.

"I don't know, I think Jason deserved it more." Robin said.

"Or maybe Harley, or even me." Huntress said. "Maybe Negatron was right, what happened to me in my childhood doesn't give me the right to suck as a person. I really feel bad about how I treated Pinkie." She lowered her head.

"Maybe you can make up for it the next time you see her." Canary said. "Speaking of people with childhood trauma, where is he?"

"He's the computer, he thinks Negatron couldn't have come all this way just for him. I'd better go see him." Dick reported before retreating.

"I guess Bats got to be on the good side this time." Dinah and everyone laughed at that.

Meanwhile with Bruce, he was still checking to see if the city had suffered any anomalies after Negatron's arrival.

"Did you find anything, sir?" Alfred approached.

"Nothing yet, but that doesn't mean that Nighlok or Suprime didn't leave something behind in Gotham." Bruce said.

"Still haven't found anything?" Dick asked as he walked in.

"Nothing yet, but that something was left behind by that Nighlok in his time here."

"I must say Master Wayne, I was surprised at what Applejack and Raphael did for you on that world, but more surprised at the gesture you made to them." Alfred said.

"I guess I owed it to them." Bruce said. "If they were wrong it's because I was wrong too."

"Maybe it's time to strengthen your circle of trust, if you want others to trust you then you should do the same."

"You can't expect others to trust you if you don't trust them." Dick said. "You can't expect to plan everything for everything and get your way every time."

Those words went through Batman's mind, and later in his confrontation against Negatron, he could only now unwrap the meaning of what he said when he criticized him for his no-kill code.

"...don't wait for 'S' to do what you can't do..."

S was more than an individual, he was a symbol, the symbol of hope.

"You thought the Justice Lords world was the only one where heroes become villains, unlike that world, it only took breaking one for him to become a tyrant, destroying what he loved most."

He always thought he would be the one most likely to fall into that abyss, if he killed the Joker he would understand all too well why, but he also knew that when someone crosses that line, there is no turning back. Maybe it was now to make a new kind of plan.

"Or maybe I can." Bruce got up from his chair and started to leave.

"Where are you going?" Dick asked.

"To prevent the day Superman loses control." He replied.

"Really?" Dick asked in confusion. "What happened to the part about preparing for when he loses control?"

"There's still that plan in the works, but who says I have to limit myself to that?"

Dick turned to look at Alfred and said, "Sometimes I wonder how those two are friends."

Author's Note:

Alright guys, here is the new chapter, another long chapter, but I was able to finish it.
Feel free to leave your opinions regarding this chapter and if you have your own ideas for a scene I'll try to see how I can adapt them to the story.
Now let's go to some curiosities:

  • The parts where Donnie admits to being attracted to Rarity was a little wink to ship Raritello.
  • This chapter has a strong base in the PRS chapters There Go the Brides and I've Got a Spell on Blue.
  • The part where Negatron says the phrase 'True friends stab you in the front' is a reference to the song True Friends from Bring Me The Horizon.
  • The part where Batman says the phrase 'Go at hell' was a reference to the movie Justice League Dark: Apokolips War, where in one part Batman, who is being controlled by Darkside, is forced to kill Damian Wayne, however he manages to free himself just in time and says the aforementioned phrase and proceeds to poke the conqueror's eye out.
  • The part where Batgirl says that Bats is a manipulator and everything else was actually said by Dick Grayson in Batman: The Animated Series in the chapter where he discovers Batgirl's identity and that Bruce knew it.
  • When Applejack allows herself to be hurt by Bruce in order to free him, it was the same way Jayden defeated Deker in their first duel.
  • When Raph mentions that they will apologize to Bruce later it was a reference to Injustice, where the insurgent Batman after defeating a Green Arrow who was being controlled by Raven mentions that he will apologize later.

Without further ado, take care and see you next time.