• Published 19th Jul 2022
  • 1,292 Views, 83 Comments

Letters to a Lost World - EileenSaysHi



After a portal malfunction threatens to seal the human world and Equestria apart, the Rainbooms decide to write letters of friendship and appreciation to Princess Twilight.

  • ...
5
 83
 1,292

Letter 2: Rainbow Dash

Hey Twilight, it’s me.

Rainbow Dash, I mean. Sorry. Think I’m getting the hang of this.

Look, I’m sure everyone except the eggheads will say this, but I don’t do a whole lot of writing. I mean, that’s just time you could be spending on basically anything else! And I’m not good at the whole mushy sappy stuff that everyone else is probably doing.

Wait, you’re an egghead too, right? Crap. Pretend I didn’t say that.

Anyway, I’m okay spending a little time writing if it’s to you, at least. It’s basically just manual texting! Wait, did we ever explain texting to you? Yeah, I think we did.

It’s gonna be rough trying to teach you all about this stuff if you aren’t gonna be here anymore. I hope you can come back sometime. Not just for that, obviously, but it’s the little things, right?

I mean that’s gotta be part of why you like coming to our world, isn't it? Getting to be something different, try different things, learn all this stuff that must seem crazy to you? I mean, I totally get wanting to be human. I was a pony like you for a little bit. It was weird. I mean it was kinda fun sometimes, but not enough that I’d want to stay that way, you know? Especially not the wings. The wings I get in this world are cool, but those big weird pony wings? Ick.

But I still remember the first time I met you, out on the soccer field. You weren’t half bad for someone who’d literally never been on two legs before. But I meant it when I said the things I cared about most were your heart and determination. And you’ve got them. You’ve really, really got them.

We never got a lot of chances to hang out one-on-one, just by ourselves. But there was that one time about a year ago, last summer, when you came over and you were just really insistent on learning about human sports. I guess it was for your studies, or your teaching stuff, or something? I mean, if there’s one thing I know about Twilight Sparkles, it’s that they love to learn.

But the point is that you weren’t gonna just watch me do all the sports you wanted to see. And you knew the rest of us probably would’ve taken it easy on you if you’d asked them. Believe me, I know a lot of people think I’m too intense. But you wanted the real experience, and you knew I was gonna give it to you.

Sure, you gave up after just tennis and softball, but hey, that’s longer than basically any of my friends except Applejack (maybe Sunset) would be able to keep up with me. That and the whole “hitting you in the head with the softball twice” thing. Sorry about that.

Point is, all that heart and determination is still there in everything you do, not just stuff like breaking ancient rules of magic or something to come help us fight three evil sirens. And it’s still the thing about you that makes me admire you more than anything else about you!

So much has changed ever since I met you, because I met you. It’s crazy stuff. But it’s also awesome stuff, and I’m glad that you were there for a lot of it.

I’m kinda struggling to think of what else to write about here. (Like I said…) I’m sure there’ll be lots that comes back to me when we start chatting after this. So I’m not gonna drag this out any longer.

Twilight, you’re super, super, super cool, and you gotta come back soon so I can teach you about touch football.

And I know you were never officially enrolled or anything… but we’ll always be Wondercolts forever.

Your totally awesome friend,
Rainbow Dash