• Published 14th Aug 2022
  • 226 Views, 11 Comments

Forza 2023 Championship Finale - RushingWind-01



In the final race in the Forza 2023 Championship, Fluttershy is being faced with a unique race that not even she could have predicted...

  • ...
 11
 226

Lights Out...

LAP 1/12

The roar of eight engines filled the scene as the lights came on, and the race was about to get underway. Fluttershy carefully looked at the lights to make sure she doesn't miss the start.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

And as the lights went out, Fluttershy released the clutch and accelerated. If there was one thing that she perfected in her driver career, it was grid slot starts. Coming into La Source, she managed to jump Akula, and even get past her teammate Zipp, putting her in an early lead.

"Wow, great start, Fluttershy. Now hold on to it!", said Rainbow Dash, her race engineer.

"You bet I will.", said Fluttershy in determination. She has driven this track so many times, in the simulator, in video games she played at Rushing Wind's home, and of course in her entire driver career too. Nobody was more of a master at Spa than Fluttershy was.

She raced through Eau Rouge with grace and precision, this without losing too much speed, and on the Kemmel Straight heading for Les Combs, she once again showed the superior speed of her trusty race car.

Not even those tricky Pouhon and Stavelot turns were a challenge for the shy girl, as she managed to take them with typical accuracy, that very few are capable of pulling off themselves.

As she raced to the final chicane, Rainbow said over the radio: "Wow, slow down, Flutters! You're already pulling away so much, you already got a 5 second gap to Akula!"

"Spa is one of my favorite tracks. No time to slow down!", Fluttershy said, still very determined to end this season with a bang.

"Haha, now you just remind me of myself when I was racing.", Rainbow laughed, and Fluttershy answered with a giggle as she raced through the Bus Stop Chicane and ended the first lap.


LAP 2/12

Fluttershy's amazing starting lap gave her a 7 second lead, and it seemed to grow with every second that passed. She knew exactly how to handle herself on Spa, despite the track being one of the toughest in the world. Especially Eau Rouge is a very dangerous turn, and in her first days of racing, Fluttershy also struggled with that very turn. However, she managed to adapt to that turn as she gained experience, and now it was just routine like pretty much every turn on Spa.

Another great lap, more seconds gained, and her lead increased to 11 seconds.


LAP 3/12

Rainbow Dash radioed in: "Hey Fluttershy, just to let you know, we would like to take you into the pits first. You got a huge gap, and maybe you can come out in the lead."

"Okay. I'll come in on Lap 6.", Fluttershy responded.

"Copy. Now just focus on the race.", Rainbow said.

Fluttershy knew her team all too well. They always had great plans and strategies for nearly every situation, but this was a special one, seeing as she was dominating the competition. But it made sense, since Fluttershy was a master at Spa, and she knew the track and her car all too well.

As of right now, nobody was able to stop her, and on this lap, she was able to grow her lead even further.


LAP 4/12

Fluttershy now had a 16 second gap to second place, and she was seeking to increase it. The car felt so good in her skilled hands, and she definetly was the fastest driver in the field right now.

As she raced over the track, Fluttershy reflected her thoughts of the 2020 season finale, which she won for her team also. Like nothing was able to stop her, she plowed through the entire grid with utmost precision. It was a dominant display of driving skill, and now, three years later, it all seemed to repeat itself.

Fluttershy smiled in delight when she raced through the final sector. She was thankful that Assetto put her back into the seat, but she was even more thankful that she could race in the big season finale.

It was such a big honor...


LAP 5/12

After 4 laps, Fluttershy already had a gap of 21 seconds. There was a chance that she could lead the race after her pit stop. She just needed another great push lap, and a perfect inlap, and then she could lead the race when she came out of the pits.

As she kept racing, Fluttershy wondered how her teammates were holding up. For one, she did know that Zipp might be close to Apple Lauda, who is no slowpoke around Spa anymore. Pinkie and Izzy are most likely three or four seconds behind the two, pretty much close to Viral Velocity and Mick Schumacher.


LAP 6/12

This was the lap where Fluttershy needed to come in for her stop. So she needed a good inlap, and then, she had a chance to come out of the pits leading this race.

Eau Rouge went well, basically the entire first sector went great. Coming in hot into Pouhon, she suddenly started to drift. However, using her ice cold driving skills, she held the drift all the way through Pouhon, making her smile with pride afterwards.

"Whoa, what the heck, Fluttershy? How the fuck did you drift the car like that?", Rainbow Dash yelled over the radio.

"What can I say? Years of experience on the track. I'm sure you could do it too, Rainbow.", Fluttershy said, trying to be humble.

"Haha, okay copy!", Rainbow Dash laughed before she then said: "Alright, we're ready. Come in this lap."

"Roger that, Rainbow.", Fluttershy said.

At the Bus Stop Chicane, she then peeled off to the right and went into the pits. The Equestria Motorsports mechanics awaited her, and put her on a fresh set of tires. They also refueled her car before they let her go.

Author's Note:

Yep, unlike TunedPonyRC, I made this 12 laps instead of 4. 4 laps is just too short for a final race that is so prestigeous and important.