• Published 19th Sep 2012
  • 757 Views, 17 Comments

An Assassins Change - ChillaxBrony



MetalHoof is an assassin, wanting to leave his life behind but can't seem to shake things off

  • ...
2
 17
 757

Chapter 2

An Assassins Change Chap. 2

MetalHoof woke up, his mane was covering his eyes, which he quickly blew away with a light *fwoosh*. Metal got up and went to his suit, it was still very much covered in dust. “Time to clean...” He looked around his room. “Everything...” He sighed. Picking up his suit and putting over the closet door and shifting items into corners of his room.

An hour passed until Metal was done cleaning the room and the rest of the house. “Now then... Time to clean this thing.” He grabbed his suit on trotted off too the cleaners.

“Hey there.” The front desk pony greeted.

“Hello, just one item. And I need this done by tomorrow morning if it’s possible.” MetalHoof said, placing the whole thing on the counter while the desk pony was writing down the information.

“Alrighty sir. We will have it tomorrow morning around... 7 am.” The desk pony noted and gave him a receipt. With that MetalHoof walked out and waved goodbye, the desk pony waved bye as well.

A few minutes passed before MetalHoof saw what was his target. A blue stallion that had gold-trimmed everything. His hat had gold trim, his suit (pants included), his watch, and basically everything on him was goldened. MetalHoof got a good look at him. He could’ve just wrung his neck now but the job required him to be in the richest part of town. This was the common area. Where all ponies saw everything and sold anything. MetalHoof watch him closely, noting every strand hair, fur, scars, eye color, mane color, style of the watch, everything about pony MetalHoof implanted into his memory. Then the pony started too leave, his entourage of grocery carriers followed him closely.

MetalHoof walked back to his house. It was one story, with no basement, but it was long enough too where he could put in some items and furniture. He walked in and gazed at what he would be leaving behind. An old piece of crap desk that had been with him for years. An old couch that was ruined from wear and tear but didn’t have a single stain. The kitchen was lame though. Just a simple oven and microwave with a few cabinets around it. No fridge but a pantry that had tons of pastas, energy bars, protein shake mix, and some beans. MetalHoof continued into his personal room. The walls had pictures of targets eliminated and in the center of the left wall was a map of Canterlot, a red mark on a certain spot on the map indicated where the killing took place. MetalHoof went over too the new file, and saw a package full of bits. He only gave the spare key too his contractors. If his contractor defiled his trust then more than hell would break loose upon the contractors home and family. Well he didn’t kill the wife and kids but he did kill the contractor and left multiple images of the torture in the families home and left notes about what had happened and what the contractor had done and hired him too do.

MetalHoof looked to his garbage. He needed too burn it. And so he did. The evidence was in plain sight and he didn’t want any guards showing up at his doorstep. After the burning MetalHoof looked at his robe from the night before. He felt it and noticed it was a bit damp. The chair was rotten from water damage and consistent damaging. He kept gazing around his room, he could unpack it where ever he settled down. Tomorrow he would pack and then move somewhere. He heard about a small town called ponyville. Sounded like a nice place too go, and appeared too be really friendly. MetalHoof smiled and went too his bed it was only the middle of the day but he didn’t want to do anything. He couldn’t perform magic and he couldn’t fly so he couldn’t do really cool stunts or teleport too exciting places. Thus MetalHoof walked back outside and saw a wanted sign on his outer wall. It was on him. 10,000 bits for the capture or killing of the canterlot assassin. He could only chuckle at the overly large fine. On the back was the list of ponies that died within the last month. 35 ponies were murdered and left out in the streets. He still had a funny face, he knew it was a bad thing but jeeze 35? He only killed 34 of them. The last one was a robbery gone wrong for a group of bank robbers. He knew that because he was the one who watched the whole thing.

Walking away from it all, MetalHoof decided to go to a restaurant of something too ease his mind of his work and area change. He found one that looked decent. Went inside and got a table for one. After being seated his waitress came around the corner. “Hello sir, and welcome too Pony Carino’s. What can I get for you today?” The waitress greeted. She was cute, MetalHoof thought, he could tell she found him attractive but he could also tell she wasn’t what he was looking for in a mare.

“Hello to you to. Can I just get a fresh Teal Moon and a ginatonic.” MetalHoof answered the mares question.

“Sure thing. Do you want too order your food now or later?” The waitress wrote down the order and looked back up.

“Can I get a few minutes too look at the menu? I just got here.”

“Sure. Do you want to know todays specials?”

“No thanks.”

“Alrighty then. I’ll be back in a few minutes.”

With the order written down the waitress left into the kitchen too deliver the order. MetalHoof looked into the menu, the specials weren’t really special, they were just the most frequent things that were bought so far. All he wanted was something that could perk him up a bit. Maybe some hay fries, some nice apple slices and a sandwich would do. This kind of meal was exciting to him because he hadn’t tasted real food in months due too being an assassin and all and having too basically munch on pastas, protein bars, energy bars, protein shakes and beans.

A few minutes later the waitress came by with his drinks. “Here ya go mister.” She placed them down and took out her notepad. “Now what will you have for today?”

“Can I get some hay fries, apple slices and a sandwich?”

“You sure can. Now what kind of sandwich would you like?” The waitress asked after writing down the beginning of the order.

“Surprise me.” Metal said flatly.

“Alright. It’ll just be a little bit.” The waitress replied and went off into the kitchen, putting her notepad in her uniform pocket

The table over was holding a birthday party. From the look of it, a colt just turned 8. MetalHoof chuckled and took a swig of his Teal Moon. With the ending of the song, the colt blew out the candles and everypony cheered. MetalHoof again chuckled and looked into his bit bag. He had a few hundred bits with him. He took out 20 and put them into a smaller cloth wrap. He poked one the singers. “Hey give this to the lucky kid.” The singer took the bag and nodded, handing the wrap too the newly crowned 8 year old. He heard the colt gasp and cheer in excitement.

“Thank you sir.” The colt thanked the singer.

“It wasn’t me man, it was the guy right behind me.” The singer pointed to MetalHoof.

“Oh!” The colt saw MetalHoof and hollered, “Thanks mister!”

MetalHoof smiled and nodded too the kid. “Happy birthday little man.”

A few more minutes passed and the waitress came over with his food. “Here you are again.” She smiled.

“Thanks.” MetalHoof straightened up for the waitress to place down his food. “And can I get another Moon?” He asked, shaking his empty bottle.

“Yep. You sure can.” The waitress rose up from the delivery and went off into the kitchen in a rush and was back only in a few seconds. “Heres your moon. Enjoy” She smiled again and left.

MetalHoof looked at his food, it looked delicious and took a bit into his sandwich. The flavors exploding in his mouth. So much better than protein shakes and bars.

After an hour of eating and gazing around the restaurant to see what was hung up on the walls. MetalHoof paid his bill and left the restaurant.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the same time the guard was knocking on doors around Metals neighborhood. When they reached Metals house they entered. First was the lobby, seeing nothing suspicious they entered the “office”. As the guards entered, they saw all of the photos and mappings of killings and sights of the dead bodies and their jaws dropped. Seeing the new job, a guard read the file and noticed the killing was on the richest pony in Canterlot.

After more searching they hadn’t found any weapons or assassin like clothings. The found a few clean pairs of bracers, a pono hoodie, some shorts, and a few torn robes, but that was it mostly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MetalHoof came around the street corner only to see a large group of guards surrounding his home. He had to leave tonight or tomorrow

He kept walking by, he always kept his blades with him, he wasn’t dumb. And he kept a few smoke bombs just in case. These were neatly tucked in his saddlebags. He came in front of his home and splashed the place with smoke bombs and ran inside, quickly disposing of the guards in his home. He ran into his room and gathered his things. An extra bag that held 2 pairs of bracers. He grabbed his checkered shorts, a pono hoodie that was a deep purple, but it looked good on him. He also grabbed the files and all the bits he could muster. The bombs outside were now dissipating. MetalHoof quickly sprinted out of his home and into the wilds of Canterlot.

After an hour of running, Metal reached a hotel. He entered and was greeted. Luckily none of the guards saw his face when he ran into his home. “Hello.”

Metal looked at the greeter and straightened up. “Hello. Room for one please. Names MetalHoof.”

The greeter flipped through a few pages and added his name into the book. “Alright. That’ll be 30 bits.” he hoofed over 30 bits and gathered the key. “Enjoy your stay sir.”