• Published 9th Jun 2022
  • 148 Views, 0 Comments

The Basics of the Equestrian Magic - MirroredHawk



Lecturer explains to students nature of magic and various existing schools of magic.

  • ...
 0
 148

Lesson 9: School of Elements

“Last time we stopped on the school of manipulation. Today we are going to talk about school of elements. Often, we need to heat something up, or cool it down. Or do something with the flora. From the simple ice and fire to the complex manipulation with the temperature, plants and rocks.

“The best example of the strong elemental magic user is” — Fire looked to the sides and said, lowering his voice — “Celestia.” After that he exhaled and continued, “She masterfully controls the fire and temperature. Elemental magic can be studied during practise because of the obviously perceptible result. Ice and fire spells are for the most part beginner's and adept's level. Direct manipulation with the temperature considered to be already specialist level.

“Also, elemental magic incudes gardening. Speeding up plant growth, hybridization, direct plant manipulation, mostly these are the adept, specialist and sometimes master level spells. Such unicorns help earthponies with growing or breeding crops. Due to the need to control the temperature all gardening was included into the elemental magic in year 713 in the Order of Belladonna.

“It also plays an important role in the weather control. Most of the spells and enchantments affecting the weather come from the school of elements.

“Elemental spells are often used for combat or for the enchantments, but only as a part of the spell. Some combinations are, of course, grandmaster's level.

“Also, I forgot to mention manipulation with the rock. Such spells usually require specialist level skills, for example rock-breaking or rock-transformation. Combined with the object detection from the schools of illusions it allows to detect minerals, making ore and mineral exploration way easier.

“In general, school of elements is very often combined with other schools of magic, but sometimes there are ponies, who decide to fully concentrate on it, using elements to their full potential.”