• Published 9th Jun 2022
  • 149 Views, 0 Comments

The Basics of the Equestrian Magic - MirroredHawk



Lecturer explains to students nature of magic and various existing schools of magic.

  • ...
 0
 149

Lesson 5: Enchantments

“Well, enchantments are part of the environmental magic. But the book requires to mention it as a separate category of magic. Everything enchanted by a creature for some specific purpose is called an enchantment. It is a transferred accumulated magic. Why then artifacts can work for so long or even for the indefinite duration? Answer is simple – they are the hardest to make, especially those which are permanent. During the creation of such artifact, it receives the ability to absorb magical energy from the environment, or the ability to hold gigantic amount of magical energy or any other method that allows an artifact to be autonomous on a large time scale. Many artefacts, created in ancient times, were created using dark magic making them very durable or even eternal.

“Nowadays, creation of the artifact isn't straightforward. On the contrary it is very hard process, especially without dark magic. But, as I already told you, such artifacts are, kind of, part of the environmental magic. They just are too noticeable, unnatural and usually much more aggressively affect their surroundings, absorbing and releasing magical energy; while the environmental magic is unnoticeable and natural. But, as you probably noticed, magical catastrophes are considered to be environmental magic even though the reason for them were our mechanisms, thus, the line between the two is blurred. Being honest, there is really not much reason to keep them separated, but Equestrian scientists are too hesitant to do it before the Order of Belladonna.”