• Published 7th May 2022
  • 573 Views, 32 Comments

The Unknown Daughter's Reunion:Part 3 - Disembodied_Pony



The princesses survived the coup, recovered their strength, and now Equestria needs them back

  • ...
1
 32
 573

Alternating Tones of Change

"Now this is something I haven't seen in a very long time..." Twilight spoke after seeing the synthetic performer appear for a private run through of his performance.

"I take it that they no longer walk Equestria?" Moon asked in response.

"Well, no. Not like this anymore. They've changed" she giggled at her own pun.

"Oh? How so?" The empress asked in curiosity.

"They look different now, after learning to share love. More colorful, and the holes are filled now.. completed, I guess?" the princess answered her. But after a moment added;
"The queen however... Nopony has seen her in centuries. Not since she left Equestria for the south. Only rumors that she was still around reached us, and that was some time ago"

"She didn't change with her hive?" Moon asked.

"Not that I know of. Maybe queens cant? Nopony knows."

"Hmm, perhaps not in form... I shall have to look into this" the empress commented to herself aloud.

"I'm surprised you didn't know about her. What with all those things in the skies overhead?" Cadance asked, trotting into the performance hall.

"Ah, hello princess. Welcome. I apologize for starting without you" Moon greeted the princess of love.

"Think nothing of it, I ran into a pony who was lost in thought. Or more to the point he walked into me. So I helped him with a little love trouble that had him distracted" She answered.

"A princesses duty is never complete, nor her life, dull" Moon quipped.

"So what did I miss? Must've been some setup to explain an ancient changeling here" Cadance looked the performer up and down. "Is this that singer who isn't real that you told me about?"

"Indeed it is. I present to you, the synthetic performer; Buzzing Chorus"

"Hello Chorus" the princess greeted the changeling.

When he didn't respond, Cadance looked to the empress and asked;

"Is something wrong?"

Shaking her head no, the empress answered;

"Not at all, his actions are pre-set before-hoof. Though much toil, at that. They have simply not begun as set, yet. Everything he says, sings, and moves, are planned out before they have begun."

Hoofing them a couple of scrolls, the empress told them both;

"Here are the stage direction which he will follow. There are two songs, with a short break between them."

"I want to know what love is..." Cadance read from the top of the scroll.

"A favorite which he has performed many times for my ponies. It was his introduction song, which exemplified a little of what I supposed a changeling was like, my knowledge of them incomplete" Moon detailed.

Reading the lyrics over, Twilight nodded a little;

"Sort of, but it's more pony than changeling. At least compared to the way they used to be...overall"

"I like it. It reminds me of Thorax" Cadance commented.

"Thorax?" Moon asked.

"Their first king. The changeling that changed them the most, into what they are today" Cadance replied with a serine smile.

Returning back to the moment, from her reminiscing;

"But where do I come in?" she added.

"At the end of the second song. Joining him on stage, to demonstrate a helping hoof when in need" Moon answered.

Looking back to the scroll, Cadance read;

"Hmhmm, you flatter me. Love's Divine?" she giggled.

"Something new for the occasion" Moon smiled back, thinking;

"New to ponykind, at least"


Strolling through the woods at a leisurely place, the empress approached a respectable yet moderate sized domicile.

The thicker and random brush giving way to a more orderly and cleared wooded landscape, the alicorn caught sight of her destination.

Snatches of dark stone and green roof began to appear between the tree trunks at a distance.

In her mane, was tucked a rolled scroll with stage directions, sheet music, and lyrics to a song called 'Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!'

The woods were typical, complete with the usual sounds one would expect. Nothing stood out besides the domicile ahead.

Coming to the door, the empress knocked three times.

Receiving no answer a second series of knocks, a pony spoke through her ear piece;

"She's in there, your highness. Sitting on a chair, staring at the door with her ears twitching as far as we can tell?"

After knocking a third time and receiving no response, the empress called through the door;

"Your highness, I know you are there, and can hear me well. I have a proposal which I believe you might find mutually beneficial?"

Getting no reply yet again, the empress spoke again;

"It has been a long time since you imposed exile upon yourself. Do you not believe, that it is high time ponies and changelings alike, heard your voice again Chrysalis?"

Author's Note:

A short one, inspired by a couple comic pages by artist hakar-kerarmor
Part 1
Part 2