• Published 11th Apr 2022
  • 1,201 Views, 37 Comments

MLP A New Generation 2: The Last of The Alicorns - TwiShine45



Sunny and her friends hit the dusty trail on another quest. Only this time, for Sunny, it's personal.

  • ...
2
 37
 1,201

Chapter 16

Little did the ponies know it, but somepony was watching their every move. Shadows comforted this particular equine, with a heart so dark that it pushed her to make everypony her enemy. Agents of Scarlet Wing were expected to behave in a manner befitting their leader, but this particular mare found that said leader wasn’t harsh enough. She wanted nothing more than to eviscerate everypony in front of her. Sharpened teeth, vicious hooves, and smooth cunning were her biggest weapons. In fact, it’s no understatement to say that her arsenal was the most dangerous in all of Equestria. She strode through the darkness, picking off targets one by one. Her eyes narrowed in search of every victim, and it was said that, when a pony beheld those slits, then it was too late.

This particular mare was obsessed with death. She loved watching other ponies bleed in front of her, as she considered it justice for evils they had committed. Each pony, whether winged, horned, or just plain hooved needed to pay for what she called “injustices.” She was an expert in pony history and had been made immune to the Distrust Dust, just as every member of Scarlet Wing had. This immunity coupled with her knowledge and skill in hoof-to-hoof combat made her a lethal pony. She’d committed crimes in Zephyr Heights, Maretime Bay, and Bridlewood. Pony deaths attributed to her were often called “Silent Crimes” because she was as the wind itself: silent and deadly.

So, as she watched this group of five little ponies deep within Crystal Scales’s residence, it brought her some sense of alarm to see them being all friendly with each other. She didn’t believe in friendship. She hated everyone, including her fellow Scarlet Wing operatives. In her eyes, they were simple bridges to her real objective: the complete destruction of Equestria. Scarlet Wing itself was just a mode for her to use. Soon enough, she’d kill the leader, establish a coup, and take over the nation. Her knowledge of Equestrian history, specifically both The Great Rift War and the first Hearth’s Warming, placed a sense of certainty within her mind. She knew of the self-centeredness inherent within the leaders of each pony kind. Soon, she’d prey on that and cause the Second Rift War, a dream she’d held since fillyhood.

Patience, she thought as she used a magic spell to spy on her would be victims, soon enough, you’ll have your reward…


Meanwhile, inside the castle, Izzy and Hitch trotted down a carpeted path. Izzy loved the way that the red velvet squished under her hooves. She found it irresistible, and she giggled with every passing hoof step. Turning to Hitch, she smiled and invited him to join in. He rolled his eyes at this, wondering if it would be a worthwhile pastime. But she managed to convince him and soon enough, both ponies were gallivanting about the place, laughing and chortling at the fun they were having. It almost slipped their collective minds to discuss the exploration that they’d just been on, until Hitch stopped suddenly and reminded Izzy of what they were supposed to be doing. Izzy ceased her fun, frowned a bit, but then turned and faced her sheriff friend.

“Oh, alright, you win,” she said. “What did you find out?”

“Nothing that we didn’t already know, unfortunately,” Hitch responded. “You?”

“Well…I did find a latch that opened a secret door, pointing into a library filled with vast troves of knowledge the likes of which pony kind has never seen before,” Izzy said, “but…you probably aren’t interested in that.”

Hitch’s mouth dropped. “Not interested?! Izzy, why didn’t you tell me?”

“We were having so much fun…”

“Look, I appreciate your need for levity, but this is serious! I mean, this library could hold the answers we seek!”

“Okay, okay, okay,” Izzy said, using a hoof to clean her ear in an overly exaggerated way. “I’ll take you, but only if you do one thing for me.”

“What?”

Izzy narrowed her eyes and smiled. “Tell me who you’re sweet on, Zipp or Sunny.”

Hitch’s mouth fell once again. He had no idea that Izzy had figured out his dilemma, nor that she would bring it up so abruptly! Did this unicorn have absolutely no social graces…or was it deeper than that? He looked at her oddly, trying to figure out why in Equestria she’d ask such a personal and blunt question. But he simply couldn’t. He could spend a million moons trying to figure Izzy Moonbow out and he’d never do so. He knew that. In some cases, this made her an even better friend, as her unpredictability was often the cause of humorous events. But in others, such as now, it made him want to shake her by the mane.

“I…you…” He stammered.

“Surprised?” She asked, then giggled without giving him a chance to respond. “I knew it all the time, Hitch! I see the way you look at Zipp as she studies her deputy material, and the way you watch Sunny whenever she enters a room. But the fact, Hitch-y boy, is this…you can only have one mare. So…who is it?”

“I never expected to be confused, frightened, intrigued, happy, and ticked at the same time, yet here we are,” Hitch mumbled.

“I kinda have that effect on ponies,” Izzy admitted. “But, come on, friend to friend…who is it? Is it Zipp, with her pretty blue eyes and bright white coat; or is it Sunny, with her pretty purple eyes and lustrous orange coat? Hm?”

“I…I don’t know, Izzy!” Hitch finally exclaimed. “I can’t make that decision on the spot!”

“Aw, come on,” Izzy pushed.

“Look, Izz, you’re like my sister, but I just can’t do that kind of thing!” Hitch said, putting his hoof down both figuratively and literally.

Izzy got the message. “Alright, alright, alright, yeesh.”

“Now, will you take me to the library?”

Izzy sighed, disappointed at not having found out the truth. “Of course, I’ll take you.”

“Thank you,” Hitch said, “and, Izz?”

“Yeah?”

“Next time…don’t get so personal so quickly, promise?”

“I promise,” Izzy said, “but I don’t like it.”

“Why?”

“Well, you’re one of my best friends, and…I like to know everything about my friends!”

Hitch smiled, touched at the innocent sincerity shown by his unicorn companion. “I appreciate how much you want to become deeper friends with somepony. But the fact is, there are some things that even good friends don’t share with each other.”

“I guess so,” Izzy responded, “but, anyway, let’s go see that library!”