• Published 11th Apr 2022
  • 1,201 Views, 37 Comments

MLP A New Generation 2: The Last of The Alicorns - TwiShine45



Sunny and her friends hit the dusty trail on another quest. Only this time, for Sunny, it's personal.

  • ...
2
 37
 1,201

Chapter 8

The news was shocking, especially for Zipp. She didn’t realize that her mother and sister had done something so terrible. Her mind whirled as she imagined two frightened ponies being executed for crimes that certainly did not deserve that punishment. The death penalty was reserved for the most loathsome of murderers and rapists. Those ponies who posed immediate and dangerous threats to the lives of others. It was not meant for those who made a quick buck off of her sister’s “career.” Sure, selling knock-off merchandise of anything was against the law. But those ponies were usually fined and placed in jail for a couple of days. They certainly weren’t killed!

“I…I…” Zipp stammered.

“Zipp…it’s okay,” Pipp said, “they were ruining my career and Mother dealt with them accordingly. You certainly can’t hope to defraud somepony who’s both a royal and a pop icon and get away with it…can you?”

Zipp’s face turned increasingly dark. She spread her wings as her blue eyes flashed with all the lightning of the most severe of storms. Turning on her sister, she ground her teeth together. No longer was there love in her eyes. Instead, there was hurt, bitter hatred, and the fierceness of a wild animal. Slowly, she crept towards her sister, who cowered in a corner. She knew full well that Zipp would dominate should it come to blows. Avoiding a physical fight was her best option, so she lowered her guard and tried to look as innocent and vulnerable as possible. However, Zipp wasn’t having it as she towered over Pipp. Having her wings spread made her look twice as large as she actually was. Her face deepened in its anger, stewing in a mixture of raw, untapped emotion that she’d never felt before.

She bent over and whispered bitterly. “I am no longer your sister.”

“What?” Pipp asked, eyes wide with fear.

“You heard me, you worthless piece of trash!” Zipp exclaimed, this time where everypony could hear. “I…AM…NOT…YOUR…SISTER!”

“But…but…”

“No buts, Pipp!” Zipp shouted. “Nopony should ever be that unjust and cruel towards her fellow pony! You and mother slaughtered somepony who hadn’t done anything that harsh!”

“But…they were-“

“I don’t give a hoof what they were doing!” Zipp thundered, “they didn’t deserve death! So I’m no longer your sister, and when we get back to Maretime Bay, you can just find yourself new ponies to socialize with! I’m done with you!”

That being said, Zipp stalked out of the room, furious with her now ex-sister. Pipp was left in tears. Zipp was the only lifelong friend she’d ever known. Everypony else who claimed to be her friend had either only been in it to take advantage of her fame or was so new that she was still getting to know them. Zipp had always been there for her. Whether it was when she stubbed a hoof as a filly or going through the multitude of break-ups she’d endured. No matter what, her sister had always been there with a kind word and a gentle hug. Despite her rough and tumble exterior, Zipp could actually be very emotionally comforting at times. Now, it seemed that had all been destroyed, and Pipp had only herself to blame. She remembered how Meadow’s parents had begged her mother for their lives, only to be met with insults and deaf ears. Shuddering, she also remembered watching them get executed, screaming as they were.

Oh, Zipp…how long have I carried this guilt? She asked herself. Then, suddenly…her mind turned. But…at the same time…they knew what they were doing, and they knew the penalty for it. Life in Zephyr Heights depended upon my success, which is why my merchandise was guarded so faithfully and severely. Heck, I was 98% of our city’s economy! Everywhere you went, you saw my face. I was the absolute best Zephyr had to offer! Now, you want to accuse me?! Well…if you don’t wanna be sisters anymore, then that’s fine by me! I’ll stick with you on this little adventure, but when we get back to Maretime Bay, things will definitely be different!

(HR)

Everypony slept at Meadow’s that night, and awoke the next morning refreshed. Even Zipp, who’d cooled off considerably, woke with a bit of excitement. For, after all, it was not every day that ponies got to explore the unknown. True, she had to put up with Pipp, but she could do so until they returned to Maretime Bay. She just had to keep reminding herself that she had true friends like Sunny and Hitch to fall back on. She didn’t need Pipp. Pipp was irrelevant now…a complete non-factor in Zipp’s life. She suddenly felt very free of the bonds that had held her back in Zephyr Heights. She could fall in love with the stallion she wanted, she could make her own way how she wanted. Things were definitely looking up for the former princess with the bright white coat.

Meanwhile, Sunny had taken to the outdoors area of Meadow’s small home. She sat in the yard, gazing upon the sun as it rose. It was something no scientist had ever been able to explain. She knew that the ancient princesses used to make the heavenly bodies rise and fall with their magic. However, she didn’t know how they continued to rise and fall. Perhaps one of these princesses remained and controlled such matters. Internally, Sunny hoped against hope that she might be correct and that this princess could explain her true destiny. But, she also harbored doubts and fears about her group’s immediate future, especially after Zipp and Pipp’s fight the previous day. If they couldn’t get along, then who knew what trials lay ahead for her and her friends?

“I wish you were here, Dad,” she said, repeating the oft spoken phrase that passed her lips.

“I kinda wish the same thing,” a male voice said as Hitch pulled in beside her.

“You do?” She asked, cocking her head.

“Yeah,” Hitch responded, “your dad knew so much about friendship.”

“I still can’t believe Zipp and Pipp went off on each other like that,” Sunny said. “It makes me worried.”

“Worried?”

Sunny nodded. “Yes, Hitch. Worried. I mean, they shared such a massive and amazing bond with each other…and now it’s gone. Granted, it was because of a very heinous deed, but still. Isn’t friendship supposed to stick around regardless of what somepony else does? Isn’t there…forgiveness? Mercy?”

Hitch shrugged. “I guess Zipp thought that, because mercy wasn’t shown to Meadow’s parents, that she didn’t have to show any to Pipp.”

“Maybe you’re right,” Sunny said, “I just wish we knew more.”

“Me too,” Hitch said. “But, that’s why we’re out here, and if there’s any ponies that can conquer this forest…it’s us. I believe in our cause, Sunny!”

“Thanks, Hitch,” Sunny responded, offering a small nuzzle of gratitude, “I needed to hear that. Well…let’s get the others and hit the trail!”